View Full Version : wrist sweat band thingies?

04-17-2003, 02:51 PM
What do you call those stretchy knit bands that people wear around their wrists? Wrist bands? Sweat bands? Wrist sweat bands? Oo; I need some for a costume, and I really don't know where to look to get them. Any one have any advice? It's not easy for me to get to a place like Sports Authority, so I'd like to know I have a shot before I haul over there. I know they've become sort of a fashion statement of late . . . I've seen them at Hot Topic, but I need solid black, and don't remember seeing any of those. Tips would be appreciated muchly. ^^ Including if you've seen the fabric anywhere, because making them might be easier.

04-17-2003, 03:24 PM
I believe they are called sweat bands and you pretty much can get them at any sporting goods place. They are pretty cheap. Don't go to Hot Topic they overprice all their stuff. grrr damn them. Most are made of a type of absorbent terrycloth so if you can find that type of fabric you could possibly make em. Your best bet though, is to get them at a sporting goods store. You may even find them at Walmart or Target. Hope this helps!

04-17-2003, 05:40 PM
Also, if you want a smoother look instead of the slightly puffy terrycloth, you can (usually) buy suede pieces at Craft stores, and just glue or sew on some snaps, and bam! Instant cool looking mini-bracers. Gunner is right--I know that the WalMart near me carries them, so try there ^_^

04-18-2003, 12:03 AM
Cool, thanks, I didn't think of Walmart! ^^ Dunno why, I go there for costume stuff a lot . . .

I'm using a manga reference, and it's really hard to tell what the material is; but I think suede might be a very classy option!

Thanks much, both of you ^^