PDA

View Full Version : B. Jenet


Medellia
06-09-2002, 01:49 PM
So I'm hoping to get my B. Jenet costume done for Otakon. I have a few ideas on how to work the phat skull on her costume (skull pic: http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/bjenet-pose1.jpg general pics: http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/bjenet.html ), but I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

The costume body will be make of plain, stretch velvet (not crushed). I'm not sure how well it will take to fabric paint, especially white paint on a darkish purple fabric. I'm think of first 'embossing' the skull into the velvet (basically, ironing the fabric over a stencil of the skull, so smoothing it out and making it easier to paint), then painting the embossed parts.

Any other ideas? I dunno that I want to just sew a skull shaped piece of fabric directly onto the dress...

Anyway, back to studying for my Japanese final :crylaugh:

Philia Philis
06-10-2002, 12:49 PM
I painted the yellow designs on my Vincent costume, and it was a huge pain. I had to do several layers to get it solid. X_X But then again, that was fabric paint on regular velvet. Your embossing idea sounds really nifty! ^^

One thing you could do for the skull is make an applique! That's what I did for the rose on my cape, and it turned out really nicely! ^^ http://www.cosplay.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album61&id=alg&op=modload&name=Gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

I just drew a design for each of the petals, and copied that onto the velvet. Then I put a piece of interfacing on the back of each petal and used an applique stitch around the edges, then cut off the excess velvet and interfacing around the applique. Each petal was then handstitched to the cape. (You can also applique directly to the garment of course, but handsewing the applique on is easier, I think.)

That would look really cool. ^^ Just make sure to add the dress lining AFTER you put the skull on. ^^

Adella
06-12-2002, 11:44 PM
My friend Kitty cosplays BJenet.. it's a cute costume too... she stitched on the skull and used bubble paint to reinforce the edges.