PDA

View Full Version : FFTactics Group - Katsucon

Jibrille
08-16-2002, 07:31 AM
Dont forget to watch for changes in this post. ^^

~~~~~
The Tactics group will be meeting SATURDAY at 11AM in the LOBBY.
~~~~~

unless someone has a better idea. lol

-----

trying to avoid doubles:

Characters we already have:
Talker - female (me)
Mimic(fox) - female
Archer - lady somairot
Summoner - arisu-chan
Monk - male (heh, Dorian the monk)
Dancer - AngelYuki
White Mage - male
Ninja - male
Ninja - LaylaCinder
Geomancer - female
Ramza - Celine
White Mage
Time Mage - Studmaster
Theif (male)
Theif (female)
Flower Girl -Missy
Agrias - Resuka (maybe)

I would love to maybe have some main characters/ named characters but the more character classes the merrier!
Agrias
Teta
Delita
Ovelia
Algus (even though he is an ass...) ^^;;;;
and such...

Characters available i'd love to see:
Samurai
Dragonknight
Chemist
Oracle
Wizard
Bard
Knight
and so on... (and we all know there are many O.o)

any questions or whatnot just ask. i am good at answering IMs and PMs. ^^
so as soon as i have any volunteers that are pretty sure they can do it will edit the above list to include them in the 'already have' section. ^^
thanks!! ^^

and for reffrence here is a great site that has all the character pics:
http://www.sonic.net/jdf/images/

Rosiel
08-16-2002, 10:12 AM
Too bad I am already overbooked beyond belief for Katsucon, I have always lusted after the male knight outfit. *_________*

Celine
08-16-2002, 10:59 AM
I've already got my Ramza (first chapter) costume that I could wear. I really love that costume and would love another opportunity to wear it. ^_^ I'm *planning* on doing Alma (RAR! She is SO unloved), so I could wear that if someone else is deadset on doing Ramza and I actually get around to doing it. Though, it seems I'm one of the very few people who actually prefers the main characters. ^^

Jibrille
08-16-2002, 11:22 AM
well, a Ramza is very essential now isnt he? lol
Alma definitly does rock though.
either one you want is wonderful with me, so go with whichever works best with you time and money type situations and let me know. ^^

>Too bad I am already overbooked beyond belief for Katsucon, I have always lusted after the male knight outfit.

yeah, i figured if i posted this 6 months in advance hopefully i would get some people before they got bogged down with other costumes. heh heh ^^
thanks to this i am in the overbooked realm of cosplay too. ^^;

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-16-2002, 02:06 PM
DAMNIT! I'll try and toss together a Mustadio Costume maybe... I dunno ::shrugs:: I doubt it. That reminds me... is there something wrong with me for thinking Algus has a pretty cool character design and liking him? Even though he's a prick!

Sami
08-16-2002, 03:32 PM
I would absolutely -love- to do a Dragon Knight costume.. *swoon* But I'm not sure if my skillz are that good yet. Plus, I would have no clue as to how to make that big dragon headdress.. :(

Jibrille
08-16-2002, 03:34 PM
> That reminds me... is there something wrong with me for thinking Algus has a pretty cool character design and liking him? Even though he's a prick!

neat character idea yeah and neat look, but he is, as you said, a PRICK. and a big one at that. ^^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-16-2002, 05:59 PM
Yes indeedy! At cons I get sick of seeing the cliche character classes, like a white mage, summoner, and blackmage... it's like Can you get anymore unoriginal? Where's the archer's & Ninjas & Samurais!

Nietsche
08-16-2002, 06:48 PM
The Archer for me...if i can get to Katsucon then you can count me in! ^^

arisuchan
08-16-2002, 08:12 PM
I'm so glad you were clever enough to post this Jibrille *^^* tatics needs big groups. I can't wait to get our group together.

Celine
08-16-2002, 11:01 PM
>That reminds me... is there something wrong with me for thinking Algus has a pretty cool character design and liking him? Even though he's a prick!

Yes! He is evil! He is beyond prick! Argh! I can't stand him. -_-

Jibrille, don't worry about being obsessed with Tactics cosplay. I've been ranting about it for a few weeks now. XD Besides Ramza, I can get a friend of mine to bring a white mage costume. So you can count on those. ^_^ I'll ask around some more, because a Tactics group is just SUPER. As long as you really want a whole bunch tagging along. ^^

Heeeey... maybe you could get enough people that some could be bad guys... same costume, with slight color variation? hehehe! OK. I'll try not to get too excited. ^_^;

Jibrille
08-17-2002, 08:02 AM
well celine, its at least nice to have someone as excited as me! lol!!
and i am very happy to now have the lead character, cause, well, leads are important. lol ^^

and as you find out about any more people i'll add them on to the list as soon as i hear of them. ^^
so far so good... the variety is nice. ^^

Kurenai
08-17-2002, 12:29 PM
I'd love to do either a female sorceror, or a female sylph. Right now, if you want you can put me down for sylph...though I'm gonna hafta figure out how to do those ears by Katsu O.o

Another thing: Is this gonna be skit-related? Because I'm already in another group that's doing a skit ;_;

arisuchan
08-17-2002, 02:11 PM
I think there might be a skit in the works, but it would probably be a small group of us (If it ever happens) we're just hoping for a large group for fun picture taking adventures *^^*

Jibrille
08-17-2002, 03:15 PM
> Another thing: Is this gonna be skit-related? Because I'm already in another group that's doing a skit ;_;

yes, as arisuchan said, if there would be a skit it would be the core people from my anime club (it would rock if we could pull it off -.-;; but i digress) anyway...
thanks for adding a Sylph to the list, now THAT is a rare costume. ^^

>arisuchan... how did i know you would put that as your avatar. lol ^^

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Jibrille! Mimes are great! woohoo! ::i'm hyped for tactics but unhyped that I prolly can't do it::

Jibrille
08-17-2002, 11:23 PM
*is trying so hard to get a mimic in her current tactics game*

i figure if i'm going to cosplay a mimic then dammit i shall have one in my game! lol

Lady Somairot
08-17-2002, 11:58 PM
--Nietsche, wooo! ^_~ we can be archers togetttther. ^_^_^_^_^

*oogles her archer boots* mmmm.... *hehee*

ja!

Studmaster
08-18-2002, 12:41 AM
I'd love to do a Time Mage if I can get around to making it.

Celine
08-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by Studmaster
I'd love to do a Time Mage if I can get around to making it.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!! Get around to it!!! Please!!! I LOVE TIME MAGES. Well, not quite as much as I love white mages, but they are definitely my second favorite. Those hats!!!! I want to make a Time Mage outfit (giant purple nightgown XD) just for the hat.

Jibrille- I totally suck, and never got a mime. In fact, people tell me that I played minimalist Tactics. I didn't do any sidequests, didn't get any optional characters, didn't unlock half the classes... I should probably replay the game. And, when I did my costume for Otakon, I hadn't even beaten the game. So don't feel bad. You have plenty of time! ^_^

arisuchan
08-18-2002, 08:26 AM
Studmaster, you must come cosplay with us!!!!! You have no choice and plus time mages are so clever.

Jibrille
08-18-2002, 09:11 AM
i agree with arisuchan. ^^
so clever in fact, that i am going to put you down as our time mage. ^^ so now you have no choice! *evil sneaky laughter*

lol

AND Nietsche
you are being put down as our male archer. ^^ cause you are coo. lol

Celine
08-18-2002, 09:56 AM
mwahaha, we will drag Nietsche across the ocean to cosplay with us!!! XD

Nietsche
08-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Is there liek a better refernce picture of the male archer? That one in the link seems have his hand covering part of the costume...

Nietsche
08-18-2002, 12:50 PM
Jibrille: you are being put down as our male archer. ^^ cause you are coo. lol

I am coo? I don't know what to make of that....

Kenshin Ken
08-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Hmm.. regaurding this topic.. I remember Celine here buggin me to do a Delita costume ^^. and that I h shall do.. even if I gotta kill a few basketballs for those orangy shoulderpads! lol ^^

Kenshin Ken
08-18-2002, 12:58 PM
However..^^; I won't have the Delita costume ready until Fanime or AX ^^;

Jibrille
08-18-2002, 03:45 PM
> I am coo? I don't know what to make of that....

worry not, it is a good thing. ^^

and sadly, like ff9, there was only ever one picture character design done for the characters. so whats in that link is all we have...
but i'll try to take a peek at the front durring game play... i think its just plain red. *ponders*

Kurenai
08-18-2002, 04:17 PM
>and sadly, like ff9, there was only ever one picture character design done for the characters.

Sorry to be massively off-topic, but why is it that FF7 got a decently good amount of cosplayers, FF8 got an insanely frightening amount of cosplayers, and FF10 cosplayers make up at least half of any given con, but FF9 has like one or two a con and usually only if it's a big con?

I've always wondered this...

Jibrille
08-18-2002, 06:34 PM
maybe cause 9 costumes are harder than 7 and 8? well, from the ones i've seen cosplayed from 7 and 8, 9s seem harder anyway.
...and people are just obsessive about 10. lol
i'm still shocked as hell there was a Quina at Otakon. Me, the other beatrix, and that Quina were the only three 9 characters i saw, but i found out there was a freya there too.

i've always wondered it as well...

Celine
08-18-2002, 10:14 PM
Blah to the evil artists for giving us only one pic to work off of... and the sprites are so danged small it's impossible to see details on (I tried. gaah.) even though you can view them from every angle.

Kenny, you are sooo going to do Delita!! ^_^ mwahaha. I'm going to keep harassing you until AX, so you better do it!!

As for FF9, well... honestly, it doesn't seem as popular as the others. And the characters are all *really* strange looking, except Garnet and Beatrix (hmm... and Kuja and Zidane, I guess). There are a *lot* more normal-looking characters in 8 and 10... Most people tend to prefer human characters, so it's understandable.

Why has no one attempted Brahne? That would be an ultimately exciting costume! You could wear brooms on the sides of your head! And scare small children! Well, scare everyone, for that matter!!!! XD ... I'm off topic.

Phavorianne
08-20-2002, 06:51 AM
I've heard many cosplayers debate the FF 1-6 + 9 versus 7,8,10 cosplay. A surprisingly large number of people didn't want to cosplay 9 simple because it was chibi, and therefore they didn't like the style of artwork. FF9 was sort of a "back to the roots of Final Fantasy" game, so I can see why it doesn't get the same attention as 7, 8, or 10. Plus, there's a lot of official character art for 7,8, and 10, done mostly with close-to-realistic body proportions and modern fashions.

Duuude Celine! We must... cosplay together sometime.... or something... and our sisters, too! *stuffs Kie in an Alma costume* I'd love to be your Ramza or Alma, but I really doubt I'm going to Katsu. ^^;; If you're planning on bringing them to other cons, tho, I might be able to manage something. It'll give me a good excuse to cosplay someone who has been on my cosplay future list for years. XD I must say tho, I feel a bit guilty about wanting to do so much FFT cosplay when I've barely gotten past the prologue of the game. >_< But I can't play that game any more. It gives me a headache (literally) and bad eye strain. *cry cry* Darn gaming industry! Why can't they make more strategy games like Shining Force 1? @_______@;;

Ou, you really should go to Fanime, too! Game character cosplay is a lot more popular in California, so you won't get so much of the clueless non-gamer response.

Yuna
08-20-2002, 07:25 AM
Lily, you and Kie have to promise me something, I'm working on my Rydia costume presently, however I have no idea when it will be done, but you guys have to wear your Palom and Porom costumes with me once *o*

Celine
08-20-2002, 11:02 AM
EEEeeee!!! Look who posted!!!! o_o!!!

>We must... cosplay together sometime.... or something... and our sisters, too!

Totally... I will message you about that later. ^_~

>If you're planning on bringing them to other cons, tho, I might be able to manage something.

Of course! Kenny's planning on doing Delita for AX, so ... maybe that would work for you? I tend to make costumes and wear them wherever people tell me to. Like, this Katsucon group. It's another excuse to wear the costume!!!! Yaaaaay!!!!

>I must say tho, I feel a bit guilty about wanting to do so much FFT cosplay when I've barely gotten past the prologue of the game.

Hehe. I've cosplayed 3 times for characters of games I hadn't finished at the time (including FFT). ^^ Doing a character from the game inspires me to finish it. FFT, though massively headache-inducing, is addictive.

>Why can't they make more strategy games like Shining Force 1?

Because they are fools!!! Shining Force is *the* ultimate when it comes to strategy... speaking of Shining Force... MORE COSPLAY IDEAS!!! XD Oh, and there are a bunch of SF-type games, like Langrisser and stuff... eee.

>Ou, you really should go to Fanime, too!

Maybe, if I have the money. California is an expensive place to travel to. 2004 is more likely since I'm hoping to move to California after I graduate... but you never know... ^^

Phavorianne
08-20-2002, 05:24 PM
Eeee cool, Nessa! I looove Rydia *__* and I'd love to wear Porom some more.... but you'll have to talk to Kie about that one XD She doesn't like wearing Palom cuz it was fitted to me and is too small for her ^^;;;;

> Of course! Kenny's planning on doing Delita for AX, so ... maybe that would work for you? I tend to make costumes and wear them wherever people tell me to. Like, this Katsucon group. It's another excuse to wear the costume!!!! Yaaaaay!!!!

Yay! ^.^ I figured you would say that. But I had to check, cuz I've met people who have so many costumes that they refuse to wear any one costume more than twice XD Heehee, I myself have worn some of my costumes 6-7 times, and I don't retire costumes. There's just so much re-wear value in some of them... Mweeheehee... now... time for some evil cosplay plotting... =3

Oh yeah, I guess I shouldn't recommend Fanime2003 to people who live far away... since it's only two weeks before Anime Expo >__<;;;

SailorAndromeda
08-28-2002, 11:36 AM
I wish I were going to Katsucon, I'd join you! I was a female Summoner last year at Otakon. I would love to wear it again, as well as get pics taken with other characters! But I believe Katsu conflicts with school :(
Have fun though, I expect to see pics!

~*Liz*

Celine
08-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Hey! I saw you last year at Otakon! You were the first person I took a picture of, right by the registration area. I was so excited to see a summoner..!!! soooo cute!

Rosiel
08-29-2002, 04:04 PM
> ! I was a female Summoner last year at Otakon.

So I got curious and tried to check out your website but...

You used that no-right-click trick.

Now I was too lazy to turn off all scripting and right-clik to my heart's content so I just gave up. LOL But as a design tip when you force people to load a picture to navigate your site (i.e. offer a huge image map that isn't broken down in pieces so one doesn't even know where the hotlinks are and can't at all if using Netscape) also adding text links helps a lot. Especially when right-clicking to load your picture is disallowed.

BTW, right-clinging is NOT stealing.

It can also be loading your image, or trying to open your link in another window. And if I wanted to steal your image, I could do it without right-clicking by, say, looking in my cache. ^_____^

Now that was off-topic LOL but I guess I can't leave work at work and am always thinking of usability/design/functionality when I browse websites!

SailorAndromeda
08-29-2002, 04:26 PM
Yeah! Someone remembers my summoner outfit *does happy dance*

LOL, yes I know about the right-clicking thing...I'm planning on redoing that main cosplay page anyway, the image is too big, takes too long to load, etc....I'm sure you know that though ^^
But just for you 'lazy' people, I'll take the code off that page, k? I figure some of the less-computer smart people don't know about their cache and whatnot, but anyways, that's from awhile ago. So it'll be gone one of these days... :)

~*Liz* who wishes she had more time in the day

Iori E
09-17-2002, 01:28 AM
*bumps this thread all the way back up*

I'd love to do a Final Fantasy Tactics cosplay. I'm planning on doing the male chemist costume, since it's one of the best classes. Plus, it's practical (I can carry a lot of stuff in those 3 bags), and I get to carry a big magical gun!

The problem is, I don't know if I can make it to Katsucon. I'm just not sure about the time (it usually takes me months to plan and make costumes) and the money (I've already made commitments to go to A-kon and AX). Plus, I'm a little scared to go there, being a southern Californian who hates any temperature below 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
However, if people really want me to go, I'll see what I can do.

Nessa! Sorry for not being Edge this Ani-Magic! I'll try to make it up some other time, okay? ^_^;

Jibrille
09-17-2002, 07:33 AM
We now have an adorable female geomancer. (who used to be our Fairy Summon) ^^
and all plans are still going relatively well.

if anyone has a change in their tactics plans just let me know. ^^

Celine
09-17-2002, 08:40 AM
Iori E: Hmm... interested in doing FFT at AX, then? ^^ I'm planning to do it at both Katsu and AX, since some people I know can only make one or the other. Basically, for AX, I have a small group of some of the main characters... but I think it would be fun to have class characters too. ^_^ So, if you're interested, go for it!!! Hehe, I'd love to have massive Tactics gatherings everywhere I go.

SailorAndromeda
09-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Aw man, a male chemist! I'm planning on doing a female chemist as my next Tactics cosplay ^^
I can't wait to see it!

~*Liz*

Kurenai
09-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Hey, is the original costume list from months ago (for Katsu) still going?

Jibrille
09-18-2002, 04:20 PM
yeah, the list that is at the beginning is still the list that is going unless i get told otherwise then i change the list. ^^

Nietsche
09-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Time for me to bump this thread back up now!
I've already informed Jibrille...and i may do the Squire insetad of Archer depending on which is easier when i finally get round to it..

And speaking of Tactics..has anyone else seen FFT Advanced for the Gameboy Advance? I've only just caught wind of it and I am sure most of the loyal fans here will have heard of it's development long ago.....

Jibrille
09-22-2002, 07:13 PM
yeah, i had heard of it and realized why its so cool. cause apparently you can battle other peoples people!
a great oportunity to try to kick your friends butts. good stuff i say.
though i'd like the idea more if i had a gameboy advance ^^;; lol

hoshikage
09-23-2002, 11:03 AM
I wish I could go! I adore Tactics and there's so many costumes I want to make from it! I'd love to pose with a big Tactics group, and even if I couldn't make any new costumes I've still got my good old White Mage... except that I absolutely can't go to Katsu. <sniff> Oh well... maybe some other con, some other year... everyone who's going, have fun, and I'll have to be satisfied with pictures. ^^;;

--Starshadow

Iori E
09-26-2002, 12:23 AM
Hmmm... now that I've found a good price for plane tickets, I'm seriously thinking about going to Katsucon. But I'm still scared about the temperature... >_<

This might be a longshot, but are there any good pictures of the weapons, by any chance? (Probably not, since there's only one picture of each character...)
I wanted to make a Blaze Gun, but the in-game pictures are way too small. Would a Blaze Gun look like an ordinary rifle, with more decorations?

Celine: Enki said, "Hi." :)

Nietsche
10-10-2002, 08:59 PM
Hooha! Andy's coming too now?

Then let the Archery commence..or the squirey....whatever...

Iori E
10-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Eh... it's not a done deal. I'm still not sure if I'm even able to go.

If I can't finish the Chemist costume in time, then I probably won't go. There's not much of a point, really...

Emeralda
10-16-2002, 04:45 PM
I hope to have my female Chemist done by then, if I stop being so damned lazy!! Either that or I should redo my Agrias costume, since the first was uber ghetto ;_;

-Laura

Jibrille
10-24-2002, 08:42 PM
*bump bump*

just doing a plans check, anyone changed there mind, dropped, thought of adding thyself to the fun? anyone? anyone? Beuler? Beuler?....? XD
lol

anyway, so nothing has changed on my end of the group, and so far all is well. ^^

Our Female Archer just finished her costume. WOOHOO!
and my mimic is 90% done, and i have Mediator started. ^^
Dancer began her costume too. ^^

>>I hope to have my female Chemist done by then, if I stop being so damned lazy!! Either that or I should redo my Agrias costume, since the first was uber ghetto ;_;

Oh i would love to have an Agrias, she is just so nifty nifty!

btw..i still havnt had time to beat the game. >< lol

Studmaster
11-26-2002, 12:58 PM
This thread needs a bump with us only...10 weeks away.

Mizuho
12-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Is anyone doing a Princess Ovelia yet? :thumbsup:

Celine
12-02-2002, 01:54 PM
>Is anyone doing a Princess Ovelia yet?

Ooh... I don't think so. ^_^ Are you going to be making that costume??? The "named" characters (not jobs) are so unappreciated!! If someone else is doing a named character, that will stop me from flaking out and doing a white mage or time mage or something... ^^

arisuchan
12-02-2002, 04:45 PM
I can't believe how much time has passed since we started this thread! I finally just purchased my summoner's fabric! I had forgotten how many people were involved in this gathering. I hope everyone shows up *^^* that would be too clever of us.

And Mizuho you really should do Ovelia, that would add to the group to have some of the named characters! Also i love your icon/usersname, the onegai teacher obession nows no bounds! My boyfriend and I are going as Mizuho and Kei for Katsucon as well, since the first day of katuscon is valentine's day and he has to do whatever i say *evil laughter*

ummmm yes anyway this is about tactics isn't it...... tactics is happiness.

Sion
12-03-2002, 09:30 PM
*Cry*

Tactics cosplay out of my area! Ahhh! I'm deprived!!
Too bad its nowhere near me or I totally would have jumped in as male thief, I'm addicted to that design! XD

I'll be expecting pictures for sure =D And hopefully I can help persuade some people into tactics cosplay around my area woo-hoo! ^^

Eriku-san

arisuchan
12-03-2002, 10:09 PM
I think all of the designs for the characters/job classes in tactics are amazing! I know everyone in our little group has a list of costumes from the game that they want to make. (though none as long as Jibrille's *^^*) after i finish my summoner costume i have plans for a chemist. I would love some day though to have the skill to make a lancer! *falls over dead* that day is a day long far away.

Jibrille
12-03-2002, 10:32 PM
yes... i know... my list of 'want-to-make' tactics characters is nuts. ^_^
but i have two done, thatll have tobe good enough! LOL

*fears the paintwork on male chemists* o.O

SailorAndromeda
12-04-2002, 05:15 PM
*cries*
I STILL want to go! *sigh*...
is anyone wearing Tactics to Otakon 2003? I may be able to make my female chemist for then. I already have a female summoner, it was one of my first costumes *is proud someone knew what she was at Otakon 2001*
And there had better be lots and LOTS of pics taken! ^^

SailorAndromeda
12-06-2002, 04:46 PM
Well, it turns out that, as of now, I will be attending Katsu! I have a female summoner costume that I could wear, if that would be ok. I was going to make a female chemist, but probably won't be able to make it by then. I would love to get in some photos with other Tactics people though! ^^

Ginny
12-07-2002, 02:29 AM
What day is this all going on? *I'm slow ;_;*

I've already made a female Calculator, and my boyfriend was a Bard, and both me and my boyfriend should have 2 new Tactics costumes by then. But we're kinda booked Friday/Saturday. Any ideas on a time? Maybe I could do a quick change if there'll be a big group.

Celine
12-07-2002, 03:08 AM
I think we had originally intended for Saturday morning/early afternoon? ^^ I'm not sure- Jibrille is organizing this, so I bet she has a time in mind. G-chan, I've never seen anyone else do the calculator besides yours so that would be cool- which other costumes are you working on?

Ginny
12-07-2002, 03:26 AM
I can't wear my calculator anymore because of her hairstyle. Getting a wig in a tight up-do like that is hell >.<

I finished my White Mage except for the staff, and my boyfriend's Mediator except for the hat. We also have 2 more planned, but I don't wanna give them a definate until I know I can get them done ^.^ They're all for Ohayocon.

Jibrille
12-07-2002, 07:06 AM
Celine is right, its for Saturday Morning into the afternoon so id doesnt conflict with people who have skits and competitions to worry about.
And i was going to shoot for the group trying to meet up between 10 and 11 somewhere. havnt decided a 'where' yet.

G-chan, i always did love that calculator costume too, dont think i'll ever see another one of those. it was kickass. ^_^

Studmaster
12-07-2002, 10:45 AM
Hello, G-Chan. I hope you can make it for our FFT group. It should be great fun.

SailorAndromeda
12-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Oh good, I was going to tell you about this FFT group G, because you made such a kick-ass calculator. But hey, any tactics costume is good, at least to me. ^^

Celine
12-07-2002, 01:23 PM
G-chan, oooh, you are doing a white mage?? That's even better! ^___^ I'll definitely look for you two at Ohayocon, and I hope you can meet up with us for Katsucon!

SailorAndromeda
12-07-2002, 06:46 PM
Jibrille-
what classes do you need/want? My husband and I may be able to do them, male and female versions, like Thief or chemist. let me know, I may be able to swing doing them, depending on time and money. ^^

Celine
12-07-2002, 06:47 PM
You should do a time mage!!! XD I love them!!!

SailorAndromeda
12-07-2002, 07:24 PM
LOL, yeah but, my hubby can't stand the time mages, especially the male design ><
I think he harbors such dislike for them because they are SO annoying when you fight against them!
He's playing the game right now, so I get to listen to the beautiful music ^^
We're leaning towards thieves right now, good? Bad?

Jibrille
12-07-2002, 11:36 PM
Whatever is available on that front list is happiness and up for grabs. ^^
and if none of whats left suits you than just make whatever, cause its all good. ^_^

THEIVES ROCK!
i would love to male and female theives. they are too cute. ^^

SailorAndromeda
12-08-2002, 12:01 AM
Alrighty then, tomorrow I'll start the "gathering" process to make our thief costumes. I'm very happy, since he actually wants to be a thief ^^

Jibrille
12-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Hello all! ^_^

ok, here is my first attempt to set a time for this group.

One thing not changeable is that it will be on Saturday.

time is a bit debateable:
i would like to shoot for somewhere between 11-12, do it early and done with for those who have other plans like the cosplay or big elaborate costume groups.

opinions needed here people! thanks. ^_^

Emeralda
12-17-2002, 09:35 PM
11-12 Saturday is good for me. Then again, any time is good for me.

Teheh.. time to get some potions mixed up! *grumbles* And find where my phoenix down went.

-Laura

SailorAndromeda
01-01-2003, 08:00 PM
11-12 is good for us too, we have no other plans ^^
Just point us to a place and we'll be there!

Kurenai
01-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Ooooookay........

Well, I am going absolutely insane trying to choose and make costumes for Katsu :: cries :: It's stressing me out, so I'm really sorry, but I have to drop out of this group as Sylph. Perhaps I'll do it some other time.

SailorAndromeda
01-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Hey Jibrille-
Just so you know, you have a pair of thieves (male and female) coming. Just in case you're still keeping track ^^
Oh, and I've told someone about our group, she might come as the "flower girl" (Aerith). She was at Ohayocon, her costume is really pretty!
We can't wait!

Jibrille
01-14-2003, 06:06 PM
I saw her costume on a fans view! it is very pretty!
and yay for a pair of theives!! XD

oh i am too excited for words!

*goes to update first post*

SailorAndromeda
01-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Lol, glad to give you good news!
*checks front page, to be up-to-date*

LaylaCinder
01-17-2003, 05:37 PM
^^;... you wouldn't happen to already have a female ninja would you? I was thinking of doing one, since I have time for one more costume that isn't insanely elaborate.
I was actually considering doing Bloody Angel for quite a while, but I just don't have the time to do that costume for Katsu. I'm probably going to wear it to Animagic or Katsucon though, if anyone's interested in that x.x; *doubts it*

Jibrille
01-17-2003, 10:13 PM
All Ninjas are always welcome. ^_^

LaylaCinder
01-18-2003, 01:03 PM
Then count yourself as having a female ninja for your group! ^_^

Missy
01-19-2003, 04:22 PM
I've already completed my Tactics Flower Girl costume and I'd love to get some photos with the rest of the Tactics group if its possible. ;.; but I too and slow. LOL It's Saturday moring right?

Resuka
01-19-2003, 07:18 PM
I WISH I'd seen this thread earlier- I've been wanting to do an Agrias cosplay for so long!! It may be too close to Katsucon to try now, but I'll try to get her costume together if no one else has decided to go as her.

I hope there's still time!

Celine
01-19-2003, 09:49 PM
Missy- Saturday at 11, I believe. ^^ The thread in the Katsucon forum should have that info?

Resuka- Oh, if you could do it, that would be so amazing! I looooove Agrias, and practically no one does her. I don't think anyone was planning her for our group... but she is so cool!

Emeralda
01-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Nope, everyone else was doing classes. I -had- an Agrias costume, but I haven't the faintest clue where the pieces are. Plus I wouldn't do it again until I could swing decent armor. SO she's all yours! I can't wait to see it!

-Laura

Jibrille
01-20-2003, 01:14 AM
Missy: I love the flower girl, she's so cute! I actually just passed her in the game 2 days ago. lol
then i beat it. finally! heheh

Resuka: an Agrias would own all, then we'd have two named characters! lol
i'll stick you on the list as a maybe. ^_^

Celine
01-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Jibrille
an Agrias would own all, then we'd have two named characters! lol

So true, so true... I'd be super happy to have another named character in the cast. As it is, people will probably recognize all the Tactics classes and have no clue who I am... bah! XD

arisuchan
01-23-2003, 06:41 PM
I just wanted to post that I finished my summoner's costume today and am now more excitied than ever for this group! I can't wait until we take over the con as tactics characters!!

Celine
01-23-2003, 06:50 PM
I have a friend who is considering doing Eldmor, though he might go for a bard, I dunno yet... and my roommate says he'll do Orlandu if I make the costume. ^_^;;; Hehe, probably not. Regardless, I am psyched!

SailorAndromeda
01-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Do iiiitt....make Orlandu! T.G. Cid ownz! Doode, you have to make an Orlandu costume, then my hubby and I (being thieves) could steal his awesome weapon! *evil grin* oh man that would be hilarious!
We just realized, we're going to have WAY too much fun...trying to "steal" stuff. Brian says we should bring tape to make a 'grid' and have a battle ><

arisuchan
01-23-2003, 08:59 PM
that would be too clever if we did make a battle grid!! I wonder if the con would let us.

I was thinking about carrying signs with experience points and job points numbers on them so i can jump up and down and level up every other minute. I think they're so cute when they do that *^^*

Celine
01-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Did any of you go to Otakon 2002? They had the perfect grid setup... XD Though they called it a "dance floor." Whatever. It was totally a Tactics grid. Here's a picture of it: http://meteo.rydia.net/cosplay/Grid2.JPG

I dunno about Orlandu. I'm already making him a Captain Funny-Accent (forget the name) from Robotech. He doesn't usually pay me enough, and I'd have to ghettofy some "armor" for Orlandu. And weapons? Heh, I don't have the slightest clue about where to get decent-looking plastic or other prop weapons.

SailorAndromeda
01-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Yeah I know, I saw your pics. You did a great job on Ramza's wig btw! Oh, you mean Captain Gloval? We love Robotech and that character can be pretty funny.

Arisuchan- That's a cute idea too! *ponders 'stealing' Exp Points*

Celine
01-24-2003, 10:28 AM
Thanks. I have to fix up the bang before Katsu, as it drooped! And, yeah, it is Captain Gloval... ^^ I don't watch Robotech myself so I'm not too familiar with it. But hey, if you see him, be sure to say something! He's concerned that nobody knows Robotech since it's so old. He might even put on the silly accent for you, because he looooooves doing accents. XD

Silly_Kitsune
01-25-2003, 09:59 PM
I can't do the bard anymore, sorry!! I'm just waaay too overwhelmed, with midterms now and finishing up my other costumes.....Sorry!!!!! ;_; I really wanted to do it too.

SailorAndromeda
01-28-2003, 10:15 AM
Doode, the accent is the best part of Captain Gloval! Too bad he won't have any of the "Bridge Bunnies" with him. My hubby and I love Robotech! We have the DVD boxed collections. We want to do Rick and Lisa at some point, dunno when though.

SillyFox^^- That's too bad! I understan though. There's only 17 days left, and I have all my costumes to finish! You should still come see everyone's costumes though if you have time.

Jibrille
02-22-2003, 08:51 AM
HI EVERYONE! XD

i would just like to thank all the tactics people for showing up and making for the coolest and biggest tactics group to have ever been seen. ^_^
We had more people there than i could have ever imagined, it was a wonderous success!

not to mention the battle sequence pics own all. XD lol

thanks again everyone. ^_^