PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS

Michi
01-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I had to miss out on all the DS gatherings last year because I never got a DS til the end of the year. D: So now I'm gonna help start them. :bigtu: I think it'd be totally fun to PictoChat with people during masq and stuff, or get together for some multiplayer.
By the time it's ALA I'll probably only have one Wi-Fi game that can be played with one cart, Tetris DS, but I have a couple of other games like Rocket Slime and Children of Mana that can be played if anybody else has a cart too...

So anyone?

K_Valentine
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
I usually avoid playing video games at cons (So many other activities to do on-site, I can easily play games at home), but after toying with the multi-player parts of DS at the airport, I may be able to spare a few for DS'ing.

All I have are Elite Beat Agents multi-player wise. I don't recall if Brainage coutns as a multiplayer.

Michi
01-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah, I would totally make an exception for the DS because it's got great multiplayer abilities that are perfect for cons.

Does Elite Beat Agents need more than one cart for multiplayer? I haven't decided if wanna get that one yet. :x

Anele
01-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I 'might' bring my DS Lite to the convention, given scheduling and such. ^_^

Michi
01-04-2007, 03:46 PM
Do eet! It probably won't be by ALA but I know I'm gonna get FF3 eventually and then I intend to grab your friend code, missy. :9

Sonsko-chan
01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I finally got a DS [Lite] for Christmas. I've got Super Mario Bros., Nintendogs & Wild World, but I think those all require another cartridge.

Michi
01-04-2007, 06:19 PM
If nothing else, everyone can do PictoChat! I'm pretty sure the Super Mario Bros games released are one cartridge.

Oh man, I nearly forgot about Nintendogs and how I wanted it... hmm.

Anele
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Do eet! It probably won't be by ALA but I know I'm gonna get FF3 eventually and then I intend to grab your friend code, missy. :9

Woo FF3! =D Well, hopefully I'll be able to stuff it into my luggage somewhere... I shall try!

Sana-chan
01-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Oo this sounds like fun! I'll definitely bring my DS to ALA =3

DJ Zephyr
01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I suggest EVERYONE here get Jump Ultimate Stars... I want to hold some playful tournaments...

Also... Multi wise... Name a game and I'll have it at the con... since I have pretty much ANY game I want... due to connections from friends... <_< >_>

Sipo
01-04-2007, 08:30 PM
My entire group going to ALA will have their DS with them!! And we have a lot of games; not all requiring that everyone own the game themselves. For example: Mario Kart, and Club House Games. Pictochat is always available, too. :)

Sonsko-chan
01-05-2007, 02:24 AM
Hooray for Pictochat! [Although I'm somewhat afraid, due to what my brother said people at AX did in it]

Honkeykong
01-05-2007, 02:56 AM
Anyone want to Advance Wars it up? Its like Chess with explosions! Also if anyone has Bleach for DS i've have still yet to try out the mulitplayer.

And I think you can play Elite beat Agents with one cart, but its slow to download i heard, but the game is well worth buying, cuz its tons of fun!

Sonsko-chan
01-05-2007, 03:07 AM
My brother has Bleach for DS. It's fun. :3

DJ Zephyr
01-05-2007, 03:26 AM
I'm serious about what I said before...

Okay... Ummm... Let's make a game request list! That way I know what games to "bring"

Download playable ("L" if limited play):
Tetris DS
Super Mario Bros.
Club House Games
Mario Kart DS (L)
Elite Beat Agents (L)
Advance Wars (Combat mode only)
Bleach DS (SLOW download though)

Need own Copy:
Mario Kart DS
Nintendogs
Children of Mana
Rocket Slime
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Elite Beat Agents
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
Advance Wars (shudders at thought of playing)
Bleach DS
Jump Ultimate Stars (GET THIS... NOW)
Jump Superstars

I shall edit this list time goes on... I'll need to buy another Memory card... card...

Michi
01-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Woo! Maybe we should set up a gathering time or even just a few times where people may be around to play. The lobby at ALA is really good for hanging out in a circle to play, haha.
I just remembered that my boyfriend has Advance Wars and is coming to ALA with me, so there's another player for that one!

DJ Zephyr ~ There is a mode of Advance Wars you can play with one cartridge, but it's not as fun as the tactical turn taking version. :x

DJ Zephyr
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah... Combat mode isn't as fun...

But yeah... I'll probably be doing stupid stuff around the convention, so if there's a set time for gathering of DSes, sure I'll play... but if you see me screwing around the convention, just ask if you want to play ^_^ as long as I'm not heading directly somewhere (most of the time) I'll play people.

I just hope my DS can last until then... <_< >_>

<-----'s DS touchscreen is off-center, sometimes doesn't read the games (1% of the time), and has a crack near the GBA slot... TIME TO CALL NINTENDO!

Michi
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm sure there'll be lots of times where I'll just sit down and turn on my DS and will wanna play, but a set time for multiplayer would be awesome too~

Chas
01-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Awesome. I'll play - ESPECIALLY during Masq. halftime. Pictochat wins. xD

Michi
01-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Oh awesome! Yay Chasniichan. :D!~ Yeah, I think Pictochat is a great thing for like, lines and the masq at cons.

I'm thinking maybe a Friday evening or something gathering for multiplayer might be good...

And in the meantime, there's always Wi-Fi: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=95440

will [ishida]
01-07-2007, 04:20 PM
How did I missed thread? I bring my DS EVERYWHERE with me, and I've just about every multiplayer game out there, save for a few. Definitely count me in, whatever the activity may be.

crowbarzero
01-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I'll be bringing mine. Most likely bringing:
Children of mana
Metroid pinball
Lunar
Castlevania Portrait of ruin (if someone is using old axe armor, that's probably me XD)
Animal Crossing
Sonic Rush
Castlevania dawn of sorrow
And maybe a few others...

Michi
01-08-2007, 02:10 PM
I am so happy that more people have Children of Mana. *_* I would love to do multiplayer dungeon crawling at the con. I should play more so I can be a higher level before ALA, since I just got the game and am level 12 after the first two major dungeons. >_>

juumou
01-08-2007, 02:46 PM
I'll be bringing my DS, even though all I have for it is Pokemon Ranger X3;;

will [ishida]
01-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Lawd, maybe I should get Children of Mana so I don't miss out on some fun...

Michi
01-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I haven't tried multiplayer Children of Mana just yet -- I will soon, though -- so I dunno if it's better for players to all be new at it, or all be around the same level, or what. Maybe we can also just start a new at-con game and do the dungeons together. Hahaha. It's pretty darn fun, I think.

juumou ~ You can at least do Pictochat and games like Tetris that can do multiplayer with one cart. ^^

Reno_kun
01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
umm mario kart is DL and play, so people can mooch off other players and I'll bring my big brain academy and my sonic rush games plus my animal crossing. so yesh I'll be there

will [ishida]
01-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I'll get around to making a list of the multiplayer games I own once I know which games I'll have with me when I go to LA.

Offtopic (somewhat), does anyone have a PSP and is willing to do some multiplayer? I've been dying to play some duets on Gitaroo Man Lives!, but none of my friends owns a PSP...

crowbarzero
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
I am so happy that more people have Children of Mana. *_* I would love to do multiplayer dungeon crawling at the con. I should play more so I can be a higher level before ALA, since I just got the game and am level 12 after the first two major dungeons. >_>

We're about at the same point in the game (lv 13 myself). Just started playing it myself, and I wish I had more money. :p

If there's a point at the con that I'm not really doing anything I'll pop onto picto-chat to see if anyone wants to get together. Don't know if I will during the masq. since popping on during AX's masq was abit disturbing.

At this point I think I might bring my GBA and pokemon, tactics advanced, sword of mana, and possible others.

Evil Bishounen
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
I have Meteos and Magnetica (which both have direct download multiplayer, as well as multi-card). I don't know how often I'll whip out my DS, but it might be fun if there's downtime.

Michi
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
crowbarzero ~ Ooh, Sword of Mana! I can bring a link cable and we can trade those friend thingies! XD I never really used them, but it's still fun, haha.

Yay, it looks like there'll be a lot of people. ^^ I'm sure the ALA masq won't be as crazy as trying to Pictochat during AX considering the difference in attendance, at least...

crowbarzero
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
crowbarzero ~ Ooh, Sword of Mana! I can bring a link cable and we can trade those friend thingies! XD I never really used them, but it's still fun, haha.

All I remember is you can play through the story with you friends and they're added to your amego list. XD Which you can summon with the wistle. One of those silly features I wished they kept in children of mana.

Yay, it looks like there'll be a lot of people. ^^ I'm sure the ALA masq won't be as crazy as trying to Pictochat during AX considering the difference in attendance, at least...

Cross your fingers.

Michi
01-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Too bad PictoChat doesn't have a "kick out of the chat" feature. XD;

crowbarzero
01-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Too bad PictoChat doesn't have a "kick out of the chat" feature. XD;

*laughs* That'd be nice. Or one where you can set up the room restricted to people with your friend code.

Michi
01-10-2007, 02:46 PM
YES. That would be a terrific idea. PictoChat should have had friend codes as an option. Oh well, hopefully there won't be too much trouble at this year's cons...

will [ishida]
01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Alright, you've all gone and convinced me to buy Children of Mana today. Now I'm gonna go grind up to level 15 so I can catch up.

Here's my multiplayer games list:
PictoChat (of course)
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Children of Mana
Clubhouse Games
Contact
Elite Beat Agents
Final Fantasy III
Jump Superstars
Jump Ultimate Stars
MarioKart DS
Meteos
Metroid Prime: Hunters
New! Super Mario Bros.
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Sonic Rush
StarFox: Command
Super Mario 64 DS
**Tetris DS** (favorite game)

I'd still like to know if anyone might have a PSP & Gitaroo Man...

Michi
01-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Dear god that's a lot of games. I am SO for Tetris. I need to find more people to play online the meantime!

And hahaha, yay Children of Mana! Looks like we'll have plenty of multiplayer opportunities. I need to get back to it myself...

No PSP here though. Yet. D:

crowbarzero
01-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Here's my listing:
DS:
Children of mana
Sonic rush
puyopop feaver
guilty gear DS
castlevania: dawn of sorrow, and portrait of ruin
metroid hunters and pinball (all we need is 1 card for pinball, up to 8 players)
animal crossing
new super mario bros.

GBA: (let me know if you are interested)
Sword of mana- looks like I'll catch michi sometime with this one.
Tactics advanced (I've got 2 of the 3 reserve mission items, looking for vermillion).
Pokemon ruby and leaf green
Kingdom hearts, chain of memories

Michi
01-10-2007, 09:09 PM
There's features for a link cable in FFTA? Oh man, I hope I get my copy of Tactics Advance back from my friend before ALA. I miss playing it quite a bit as it is!

I can borrow a few more multiplayer games from my brother for ALA. He's got Sonic Rush, New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing, and a few more. I have a character in his AC town so I might as well bring it!

crowbarzero
01-11-2007, 02:13 PM
There's features for a link cable in FFTA? Oh man, I hope I get my copy of Tactics Advance back from my friend before ALA. I miss playing it quite a bit as it is!

There's several things you can do.
1. Play co-op missions (you can use 2 characters each). The reward is a sword that upgrades the more co-opt missions you play. The missions themselves are fun enough to warrent playing them even if there wasn't the reward.

2.Trade mission items, character equips, units, and maybe others.

3. Each time you connect with a friend it adds a bunch of ??? items in the 'trade items' section of the shops (where you can get some items you can't normally get). You'll go broke really fast with this, but probably get a few really good items in the process.

4. Maybe others???

Michi
01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
:O!!!! That's it, I'm so getting FFTA back before the con! That would rock! Since I beat the game and am doing judge missions now, I think I have plenty of money as it is...

will [ishida]
01-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh hey, I forgot about Tactics Advance. Since I borrowed a friend's, if he can find it, I may have it for ALA.

Michi
01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I am liking how gaming at ALA is starting to look. :9

crowbarzero
01-11-2007, 02:55 PM
I am liking how gaming at ALA is starting to look. :9

*laughs* We're such geeks. XD

Will, I'll probably be chillin in the con suite around 5 on friday?/sat (unless something comes up, if so abit latter that night) so I can avoid another gathering I don't want to risk walking by. Swing by if you get the chance.

Michi
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
*laughs* We're such geeks. XD

And how!

Oh man, I loved the con suite last year. It wouldn't be a bad place for a couple of people playing DS to hang out. I'm thinking the lobby, too, and if the weather is good, outside. I am suddenly looking forward to getting photos of characters playing DS games together...

crowbarzero
01-11-2007, 07:47 PM
The lobby will probably have more space during the later hours. I'll check there as well then for you guys.

will [ishida]
01-11-2007, 09:09 PM
This is gonna be an epic meeting.

Varnani
01-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Is it too late to join in on the FFT fun? :P
I'll bring my DS too, but all I have is Elite Beat Agents, Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy 3. :/

crowbarzero
01-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Is it too late to join in on the FFT fun? :P
I'll bring my DS too, but all I have is Elite Beat Agents, Animal Crossing and Final Fantasy 3. :/

The more the merrier. :)

Hazel Chaz
01-12-2007, 04:50 AM
The lobby will probably have more space during the later hours. I'll check there as well then for you guys.
Please don't plan on the lobby as your meeting point.

If you plan to meet over by the brick stage or the pond/rocky area, we can list your gathering in our master list.

You could also meet "unofficially" in the courtyard, or in the back between the restaurant and the pool. But if you choose those places, we won't be listing your meet-up in the official list.

If you gather in the lobby, we'll just ask you to move along -- we're going to be too crowded! (Oh, thank goodness we're moving to the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center for 2008.)

crowbarzero
01-12-2007, 08:37 AM
Chaz: Thanks for bringing up that point for the staffer's side of things. I think the entire 'gathering' is going to mostly be trying to get a few extra people to bring their DS (and now GBA's) to the con who'll be on the lookout for a few people. Unless anyone wants a specific time to get together (I vote for friday night if that's the case).

Michi
01-12-2007, 03:44 PM
If you gather in the lobby, we'll just ask you to move along -- we're going to be too crowded! (Oh, thank goodness we're moving to the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center for 2008.)

We're not going to be standing and posing for photos and blocking traffic; it's not that sort of gathering. We're just going to be a few people, maybe at one time 8 people at the most, I dunno, sitting in the lobby playing portable video game systems together. It would be like anybody else sitting in the lobby to relax and chat, and that's what we're doing -- we're just trying to pick a few times so we can find each other at the con.

May I ask, though, why doing a cosplay gathering anywhere else than the brick stage or pond doesn't get to be on the list? Gathering lists are usually just so people know when and where gatherings are, and it doesn't seem fair that gatherings wanting to be somewhere else (not including the lobby) don't get to be on that list. You could easily run out of time/space for gatherings in the "official" places. I'm sorry to keep getting on your case about this, and I understand the space concerns, but it almost seems like it's sucking the fun and spontaneity out of getting together for photos at the con... and hurting those that don't want to necessarily be only in one or two places for photos.

Hazel Chaz
01-13-2007, 12:53 AM
'm sorry to keep getting on your case about this, and I understand the space concerns, but it almost seems like it's sucking the fun and spontaneity out of getting together for photos at the con... and hurting those that don't want to necessarily be only in one or two places for photos.
Spontaneous photos can be anywhere outside. We have the Courtyard and the area outside the restaurant and pool listed as "Random photo areas" on our master map. Be as spontaneous as you like, just don't block the hallways inside because we've got a lot of people coming and the traffic aisles aren't that wide.

Reno_kun
01-14-2007, 11:33 AM
so where is this gather gonna be? and what day?

Michi
01-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Haven't really decided.

Do we wanna pick a few times? It seems kinda weird -- I don't really like the idea of "YOU MUST PLAY DS AT THIS TIME" but at the same time it might be the easiest way to meet-up. What times aren't good for anyone?

Reno_kun
01-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Well let's see I have a few gahtering's just the FF one's and a tokoyo mew mew one but the rest of the time i'm free, how bout saturday round 3 ish?

crowbarzero
01-15-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm going to bust out mine friday night. Figure nothing else will be going on at that time.

Michi
01-15-2007, 11:34 AM
I like the idea of Friday night since I'm most likely not doing CVS anymore even though I organized it. >_>;;

We could always have a couple of times, just in case some can't make it. I have a gathering Saturday morning and a photoshoot midday Friday but that's it so far.

will [ishida]
01-15-2007, 01:42 PM
Well, we can do Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning, I think (I have a gathering Sunday morning, but whatever).

Of course, there's always random times, and if we remember each other's faces and have nothing to do, we can always just sit down and play if we feel like it.

Michi
01-15-2007, 02:33 PM
;1687701']Well, we can do Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning, I think (I have a gathering Sunday morning, but whatever).

That sounds just fine. Those are usually the downtimes at the con, anyway. Friday night after you've gotten in, Saturday afternoon before the masq craziness (though if I attend the masquerade, I am so turning on PictoChat), and then Sunday when there's not much to do. I might be leaving early on Sunday but I will very likely be up for gaming

;1687701']Of course, there's always random times, and if we remember each other's faces and have nothing to do, we can always just sit down and play if we feel like it.

Yes. :D Remembering how much I just sorta stood or sat around at ALA last year, there should be plenty of time for that!

Eurobeat King
01-16-2007, 01:36 AM
I like the idea of Friday night since I'm most likely not doing CVS anymore even though I organized it. >_>;;

Are you going to cosplay for your DS gathering? ;) If you're not doing the CvS gathering, you should reply there and let them know. Perhaps someone else can organize them together if you wish to pass the task that to another.

crowbarzero
01-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Are you going to cosplay for your DS gathering? ;) If you're not doing the CvS gathering, you should reply there and let them know. Perhaps someone else can organize them together if you wish to pass the task that to another.

Hum *thinks*.... playing children of mana *looks over at my moti costume*... Sure. ^_^

Michi
01-16-2007, 12:49 PM

I might be in costume, but it won't be related to any DS games. That'll be later this year, haha.

It's very unlikely I'll be cosplaying for CVS, but I'm still updating the list and keeping it updated. I already mentioned in the thread that I probably can't make it. I don't have to participate to organize it. :P There's been many CVS gatherings I've organized and ended up unable to show up for them. I'll probably be there in the area when it happens anyway, though. :x

Michi
01-17-2007, 01:16 PM
It's been over a day since I last posted so I'm excusing my own double post. :P

Turns out I'll be in the masq after all, but I'll still turn on PictoChat when I'm not on stage. XD

So are we good with Friday night, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday early afternoon? Should we pick specific times or just time ranges? ^_^;

crowbarzero
01-17-2007, 05:43 PM
My plans:
Friday:
I'll pop on chat room 3 (figure that'll be the least popular room, gotta push a few more buttons to get there XD) when I can't find anyone. I'll try to show up in either the lobby (and kick back on a couch) or the con suite on friday evening (I think I'll still try to shoot for 5 or so). Look for the turban I suppose if you want to find me. XD

Sat.:
Maybe I'll pop on picto chat during the masq. Other than that I think it'll be a fairly active day doing other things.

Sunday:
I doubt I'll be on since everyone's tossing things into their cars and what not.

Nekobo
01-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Ooh, if there's a gathering, I'll bring Bleach DS, EBA, and whatever party games I have. I'll be playing as, of course, Ishida. ^_^

PikminLink
01-21-2007, 04:37 AM
i plan to come..i keep missing out on DS gatherings, but i can bring Animal Crossing, EBA, Nintendogs, MarioKart, and i forgot what other multiplayers i have lol

ill try the friday night ^^

Michi
01-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I got to play a demo of Elite Beat Agents yesterday (downloaded it off of the copy that EB Games had in their display DS) and it was really fun... I'm tempted to get it, if I don't go as far as to import the original. :x

Yay! I think Friday around 5ish is a good place to start, if nothing else.

crowbarzero
01-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Sweet, see you guys then.

hojou
01-22-2007, 11:28 AM
Get your game on! Just bought Yugioh GX Spirit Caller and im ready to get my game on XD. accepting all challenges[even can battle Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour ]

Rally_PChan
01-22-2007, 01:25 PM
I only have nintendogs and phoenix wright... ^^;;

hojou
01-22-2007, 01:31 PM

wow that sucks. I am sure there are download stations there if not I can always let your borrow a game for awhile.

Michi
01-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Rally_PChan ~ Don't worry, a lot of games can be played multiplayer without everyone owning a copy. ^^

will [ishida]
01-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Alright, so I didn't get Children of Mana. I opted for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All instead (oh wow Franziska is hot).

But I have Clubhouse Games now, from a friend.

Michi
01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I really, really want to get Clubhouse Games. It seems the download feature on that only provides a demo, which is weird because you think they'd make it support one-cartridge multiplayer. I don't think I'll have a copy before the weekend, but maybe for a later con!

Hazel Chaz
01-23-2007, 01:48 AM
I had to miss out on all the DS gatherings last year because I never got a DS til the end of the year. D: So now I'm gonna help start them. :bigtu: I think it'd be totally fun to PictoChat with people during masq and stuff, or get together for some multiplayer.
By the time it's ALA I'll probably only have one Wi-Fi game that can be played with one cart, Tetris DS, but I have a couple of other games like Rocket Slime and Children of Mana that can be played if anybody else has a cart too...

So anyone?
We might be able to give you a room for this, depending on how long the gathering would last. (And if we can't do it this year, we might have a space for it next year.) 1 hour?

EDIT: You said "during masq and stuff" -- did you mean in some other place while the Masquerade happens, or did you mean while sitting in the audience watching the Masquerade?

crowbarzero
01-23-2007, 09:51 AM
We might be able to give you a room for this, depending on how long the gathering would last. (And if we can't do it this year, we might have a space for it next year.) 1 hour?

I think we'll be chillin for a lot longer than an hour (you know how time passes when it comes to video games).

EDIT: You said "during masq and stuff" -- did you mean in some other place while the Masquerade happens, or did you mean while sitting in the audience watching the Masquerade?

I think we'll probably be pictochatting in between skits and the judging it sounds like. Kindof like what people did at AX, with the exception that we'll try to keep the rude kiddies from bashing random people and chat about other things in the mean time. Since we'll still be in our seats, I doubt you'll notice unless you look for people on their DS.

No worries, metroid pinball, cooking mama, sonic rush, and alot of other games have download play.

Michi
01-23-2007, 01:29 PM

A room would be interesting, but I don't know if it'll be necessary. I'm sure lots of people will be sitting down and playing their DS in the lobby anyway and will have nothing to do with this gathering idea. XD The purpose of this is just to try and make sure we can meet up with people.

Sitting and watching the masq, like crowbarzero said. Quietly sitting there with our DS systems using PictoChat -- it's sort of like if we all had laptops and were IMing, only way quieter and less noticable. ^^~

BrianAnim
01-25-2007, 01:12 AM
I have the bleach, and 3d naruto fighting games (from the makers of clash of ninja on gamecube) from japan if anyone wants to play.

Michi
01-25-2007, 02:16 PM
I borrowed Band Brothers from a friend on Tuesday so I'll have that for the con too. :D Good multiplayer stuff, though I'm still getting the hang of it. ><!

And for advance notice, my name on my DS is also Michi, so I should be easy to spot in PictoChat and whatnot.

crowbarzero
01-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I borrowed Band Brothers from a friend on Tuesday so I'll have that for the con too. :D Good multiplayer stuff, though I'm still getting the hang of it. ><!

And for advance notice, my name on my DS is also Michi, so I should be easy to spot in PictoChat and whatnot.

Were you able to get FF tactics advanced back yet?

Michi
01-29-2007, 12:36 AM
I didn't end up getting FFTA back in time but at this point it doesn't matter. XD;

Since I was in the masq I wasn't able to join in on any PictoChat-ing until after it ended, but even then there were about 6 to 9 of us at a time in one of the chatrooms. :D There was some Tetris-ing later that night and more PictoChat-ing today in the lobby. It's too bad I didn't run into many of you from this thread, though! I ended up being really overwhelmed and hidden on Friday anyway, and busy because of masq on Saturday.

Chii desu
01-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Heyyyy Michi!!! It was fun pictochatting with you earlier today!! I was sitting on the couch with my other friends with the DSes we stole from Huy xD

lol pictococks

BrianAnim
01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey guys, I loved how we had chatroo's A AND B totally full during the masquerade, and when we all lifted our ds's in the air!

Next year maybe we could get a room for this like chaz sugjested. Possaby get a download station in the room.

Michi
01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
I am bringing my DS to every single con this year FOR SERIOUS.

Hey guys, I loved how we had chatroo's A AND B totally full during the masquerade, and when we all lifted our ds's in the air!

My boyfriend told me about the chatrooms being so full during masq, and I was totally jealous since I was stuck back in the green room!

Chas
01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
I was in masquerade too, so I only got to play for a little bit before & after our skit ran. But it was fun while it lasted - until my batteries died. xD;

Michi
01-29-2007, 04:28 PM
:heart: Chasniichan. Next time I should carry around a charger in my bag in case of DS emergencies. XD~

BrianAnim
01-29-2007, 05:01 PM
yeah... some real nice lady let me charge my DS w/ her charger before the masq... THANKS !

Michi
01-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Haha, awesome! I had my charger with me but it was deep in my suitcase in the room, so... yes. My boyfriend's ran out of battery on Sunday PictoChatting though. :(

Nekobo
01-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Ooof, I missed out on all the fun DSing. DX Since I had to be backstage for my group's skit and there was no more seating in the room, I couldn't go sit with the audience afterwards. I wanted to bust out Jump! Ultimate Stars and Bleach DS. Ah well, AX. ^_^

BrianAnim
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
How is the ultimate stars? I've been very impressed with the Bleach DS game thus far.

Nekobo
02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
It's a nice jump over the original. ^^;; It's more of a party fighter like Smash Bros compared to Bleach DS, but it's pretty fun. I had fun playing the first Jump Super Stars again various con goers a few years ago. The sequel is defintely worth the $45-$50...the deck assembling element alone is pretty addicting...

Send me your friend code for Bleach DS and we can duke it out online. I'm pretty rusty at it, but I'll challenge yah. Anyone else has the game and up for a good match?

Michi
02-02-2007, 01:40 PM
We do have a DS Wi-Fi thread here for friend codes:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=95440

:D

Narniacat
12-25-2007, 09:44 PM
I'll be there and I'll have my animal crossing!

My friend code is: 1590-3424-3096
My town name is: Meritus

Sakurada
12-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Lord knows, I'll end up bringing Miwako with me~ (My pink DS, I name my electronics because I'm a nerd.)

otaku_drea
12-26-2007, 02:28 AM
OMG muffin! remember at ALA last year? during the masq. and everyone who had their ds's stood up? that was awesome! and how you could see al l the lites on the mirror ceiling thing!
so fun! i would lovve to meet everyone again!

Maguma
12-26-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm definately in! all i have is pokemon and jump ultimate stars which does have download play as well if anyone wants to play and does not have it.

Also do we have a day and time?

Ergheiz Zero
12-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Only game I still own with Multi Play is Ultimate Stars... I got suckered by Gamestop to trade my stuff in u_u.. sucks too cuz I worked for them once. ^^;;

ANYWAYS I'll have my DS on hand with me at ALA with Ultimate Stars, and if I can scrounge up some cash maybe get my other Multi Play games back.

Pretty Sammy
12-26-2007, 01:17 PM
This thread is a year-old, but it serves the same purpose, so whatever. XD

I'll bring my DS and my Pokemon Diamond too. If anyone has Pokemon we can trade and battle! >_<

Hikaru Tenma
12-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Anyone up for a good ol'
Pokemon battle?

Cosplay Cyborg
12-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Oooooh! I'll bring Pokemon Pearl, AC:WW, and whatever else I have at the time since I'm saving up for an FF game, preferably Chocobo Tales or Revenant Wings--though I got no clue what Revenant Wings' multiplayer functions are... I might have that Bleach game too. MAYBE.

Anyone know where I can get my hands on that Japanese Shounen Jump all-stars fighting game or whatever it's called? My buddy has one and I want one for myself. xP