PDA

View Full Version : EGL at SakuraCon 2007?

Usachan
01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if there is anyone doing a EGL at Sakuracon in April. :)
My friend TsukikoAiko and I would love to attend if so. It would be nice
to do a photoshoot and discussion about all things lolita. Maybe even get
a group together and go to the Cheescake factory for cake and tea aswell.

TsukikoAiko
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
We know (Thanks to Meiki and egl on livejournal^-^) that some lolita are going on a bus ride to a hotel to have high tea. I doubt I'll be able to make it, but I'd still love to have a lolita photoshoot and as Usachan said there is a Cheescake Factory close to the Convention as well.

Chinese Ai
01-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Replied to your thread in EGL, but thought I should reply here too ^^

I'll be going to SakuraCon as Loli throughout the whole con (hopefully 3 days if not 2). My costme will be commission though, and it''s probably consider sweet loli considering the colors she told me.

Cheesecake factory? Sounds fun ^-^ Never been there but planned too lol. Wonder how much it'll cost though..

Usachan
01-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Wonderful, I don't know how much it'll cost, but I do know we'll have to
go at a time where it's not too busy, I tried to do this with a few friends
last year and I never got to go because it was SO busy I missed my chance.

TsukikoAiko
01-08-2007, 01:53 AM
It's rather expensive for a slice of cheesecake ($6 to 8) but it's worth it. I will also be a Sweet Loli and I hope to see you there.

Lukas Sanvien
01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm definitely going to try for an EGA (since I'm not a girl, and I don't have time to fit out a dress) outfit. Probably a fairly standard top hat, long coat, and cane deal, but I'll try to have some interesting makeup to help me out.

TsukikoAiko
01-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Hope to see you there^-^

Chinese Ai
01-12-2007, 10:17 PM
I have already asked this question in the EGL board but might as well ask here where I live.. anyone know where I can find loli-style shoes? The costume will be sweet loli in the colors of pink/white/cream if that helps.

TsukikoAiko
01-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Ebay. They have rockinghorse shoes and perfect pink and white sweet loli shoes. I will be ordering my shoes from there as well in a few weeks. My dress and petticoat will be here in a few days. Now it's time to track down shoes, headpeice, tights(easy), and shoes.

Chinese Ai
01-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Any other places besides Ebay? I'm looking for stores than online shops

TsukikoAiko
01-14-2007, 12:35 AM
Payless has some loli-ish shoes on occasion. Another place to check is Nordstrom's Rack or Target. Depending on what style your doing hot topic can be a place to check as well, sometimes they even have shoes for sweet loli's.

Kateko
01-14-2007, 08:02 PM
Aah, I wish I could go! I think I'm going to end up choosing lolita for my third cosplay, and so a gathering would be fun. However, I'll be at the convention with a friend who will be cosplaying Miyavi - not so lolita.

TsukikoAiko
01-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Well I'm coming with a Super Sailor Moon, Alucard, and *has no clue what other guy is going to be* If we can coordinate a loli photoshoot then they can always help take a few pictures and then you'll at least have them^-^

RikoBurandetsu
01-19-2007, 12:24 PM
I replied in the other thread as well, but I'll put the word in here... XD

I'm coming as a Lolita at least one day, but I might have two dresses by the con. I have a Sweet Lolita currently, and the other would be a Gothic Lolita. I wouldn't mind springing for Cheesecake, though going for tea would be even more fun... I'll have a Jiraiya cosplayer hanging around (my dad) and a bunch of friends, but I could probably sneak away for a few hours to join the other Loli's. ^ ^

TsukikoAiko
01-19-2007, 02:24 PM
That sounds great! My dress is VERY Sweet Lolita and I'm hoping to get photos with more sweet loli's and some contrast pics standing back to back with some gothic/punk lolis. I hope to see you there and I will be posting meetup time and place on both this thread and the EGL thread when it gets closer to con time. If ANYONE has input on what day/time they'd prefer please let me know!

Chinese Ai
01-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Hm.. maybe Saturday? I don't know, I'm coming to the con on Friday afternoon since I have school. I'm fine with any day and time really ^^

TsukikoAiko
01-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Sounds good, I'll just be waiting for input from everyone else. I can't wait till April.

PrincessAnnie
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
I am going in lolita probably on Friday and Sunday (panel I am volunteering in ^_^)

But I'm cosplaying all loli like on Saturday, which means I need to find an Arashi! ><

Usachan
02-04-2007, 12:43 AM
Ooo! how exciting PrincessAnnie! do you plan on selling lolita clothing
or other lolita stuff? TsukikoAiko and myself will have to check out your panel.

TsukikoAiko
02-04-2007, 01:32 PM
*sighs* I just hope that no one brings anything from Meta's Cafe Teddy collection. Otherwise my money will be spent before I walk in the door. Not that it matters, this is why I'm selling my old things. To make room for the new. So far it still looks like Saturday is going to be the meetup day. It's getting closer to con time, but I don't want to set a location and time until I can make sure no one will be missing anything they're dying to go see.

PrincessAnnie
02-04-2007, 03:18 PM
My friend I believe is selling clothing. (I'm not sure ; ; )
I'm just a volunteer at her other lolita panel - which I'm not sure what it is yet! She's having people dress up in certain styles and er, that's all I know. It's on Sunday. lol

Usachan
02-04-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, in that case I hope to find you and your friend, I would be interested
in buying clothing. What kind of clothing can I expect to find or your friend
is selling? ^-^

Nobody No. XIII
02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
I have already asked this question in the EGL board but might as well ask here where I live.. anyone know where I can find loli-style shoes? The costume will be sweet loli in the colors of pink/white/cream if that helps.

You could probably find some at cosworx.com. ^^

Nobody No. XIII
02-07-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm going as Tooru Kouno from Princess Princess, but it'll be in an EGL dress. I'll be wearing a blue wig along with it, but it's going to be excellent.^^

TsukikoAiko
02-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Hehe, that'll be great. My friend and I WERE going to also cosplay as Yuna/Rikku BUT we no longer have enough time to make the costumes, so we put a twist on things. I'll be running around as a Sweet Loli and she'll be decked out in Western Goth. *I <3 contrast photos*

Chinese Ai
02-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Has a time and date been decided for this meet up? (My outfit is actually more classic than sweet)

RikoBurandetsu
02-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Has a time and date been decided for this meet up? (My outfit is actually more classic than sweet)

Yeah, I need to figure out how to plan my costumes for what day, and so on, and find out if I'll need to bring my dress along and change in the middle of the day, etc. It's only two months now! -grin-

TsukikoAiko
02-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I've pretty much decided that Saturday would be the best day. I'm not sure about what time yet though. If anyone has a certain time they'd like to meet up just post it here.

RikoBurandetsu
02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll have to check the event schedule and get back to you. We don't want to schedule it during anything important!

TsukikoAiko
02-12-2007, 06:38 PM
EXACTLY! *taps foot waiting for the schedule to get put up*

TsukikoAiko
02-14-2007, 05:36 PM
*makes a face* Well the friend I was comming to the Con with lost his job. I can't go to the Convention alone and without him so I'm no longer able to come to SakuraCon. Please continue your planning and take great pictures for me! I hope you all have fun!

Usachan
02-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh no :bigcry: I'm so sorry to hear that about your friend and I'm also
so sorry to hear you won't be attending. I'll take lots of pictures for you.

TsukikoAiko
02-14-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks^-^

Usachan
02-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I'll send you copies of pictures I take and you can tell me when I have
them all developed what pictures you want me to mail out to you. Plus I'll
include your present(Kamikaze Girls) the novel with these pictures aswell. :)

TsukikoAiko
02-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Thanks Sweetie^-^ I wish I could make it but things just didn't work out. Maybe AnimeEvolution, and there's always AN next year.

Usachan
02-15-2007, 03:36 PM
You coming out to AnimeEvolution would be awesome! ^-^ Greg and I would
love the chance to meet you for that and of course Anime North in 2008 aswell.

TsukikoAiko
02-16-2007, 02:38 PM
I'll try my hardest to come! By the way, I love your icon^-^

Usachan
02-16-2007, 09:00 PM
If you need my help about anything or want to know more about Anime
Evolution or whatever, let me know and the next time you are on MSN,
I'll send you Anime Evolution's link. Thanks! *hehe* would you believe I
found that icon on a anime e-card website?! I'll also send you that link aswell.

TsukikoAiko
02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks^-^ I'm really glad you'll still be going. I hope you have tons of fun for me, and if you happen to meet the Japanese Fruits Basket people do you think you could maybe get them to sign a peice of paper or something for me? If so I'd be your friend forever. (even though I'm already your friend forever lol)

Usachan
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Haha! you are *so* cute sweety. ^-^ I'll do my very best to get them to
sign something for you. Who knows I might buy you something Fruits Basket
related, but it will be a surprise. I'll do my very best my always forever friend.

TsukikoAiko
02-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Arigato! Make sure to get photos of the loli's for me^-^

Usachan
02-21-2007, 12:33 PM
I plan on hanging out and staying with a lolita for the duration of the con
and that loli is RikoBurandetsu. I'll do my best to take pictures of her in lolita
and other people dressed in lolita. I heard a rumor there's a lolita troupe coming.

RikoBurandetsu
02-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Yes, we shall have much fun! I'm not going as Lolita the whole time, mind you, but my dad and Usachan will surely get plenty of pictures of me when I am wearing my dress. ^ ^

TsukikoAiko
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
I hope you two have a blast!

Usachan
02-21-2007, 02:59 PM
No doubt! We'll miss you greatly but we'll savor some cheescake for you
and even take pictures of that ^-^ Mmm I can taste cheesecake already

TsukikoAiko
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Hehe ^_^ Alrighty then

Usachan
02-25-2007, 03:07 PM
If we do cheesecake, which I am not entirely sure if that will still go on as
planned, would you like to join me and RikoBurandetsu and RinniBoBinni who
was(I have to find out if she has or not) making your Sailor Saturn doll for a
day? I mean, I realize it's a long shot to throw out here, but I thought I'd ask.

Chinese Ai
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Do we have a meeting time and place yet?

Usachan
03-14-2007, 12:41 AM
I don't really know since TsukikoAiko can't make it to Sakuracon after
all and I haven't heard from anyone else. I'm truly sorry and hope to see you
in Lolita or find other Lolita people at the convention.

Chinese Ai
03-14-2007, 10:47 PM
So the meeting is canceled? =[

Usachan
03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
There might be a Lolita gathering somewhere in the convention, but I am not
aware of any at the moment. I wish I didn't have to say it was cancelled but
since I don't or haven't recieved any newer details, I don't know what else to say.

Chinese Ai
03-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Well, we can start a gathering.

Usachan
03-15-2007, 11:26 PM
That would be fun...my friend who I am staying with for a couple of days
is coming to SakuraCon is dressing up as a Lolita, I am up for a gathering.

Chinese Ai
03-17-2007, 02:39 AM
Alright. So I guess someone should announce this on the con boards then. What should we do for the gathering?

Usachan
03-17-2007, 12:36 PM
Well, a cake/tea party would be nice. But my friend who is cosplaying
with me as a Lolita said we really don't have much time to arrange
something like that and I think I have to agree with her. I'm very sorry

RikoBurandetsu
03-18-2007, 02:44 PM
I could bring some assorted cookie-desserts and we could have a picnic in the courtyard, if the weather is nice... Just an idea. ^ ^

Usachan
03-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Ooh! actually my dear that sounds like a marvelous idea. I'd love it even
more if the Ouran boys show up, I would love to have Hunny feed me hehe.

aliceaddict
04-05-2007, 01:55 PM
lolita panel is Sunday at 11. photoshoot after that~

also! keep a lookout for a guy who is selling lolita dresses from his hotel room. first of all, it's against the law. second, he claims they are "factory extras" from brands like Baby the Stars Shine Bright, which is totally untrue as the dresses he is trying to sell are very low quality. so keep an eye out, and report to staff or the hotel if you see him in action.
and don't buy any of the $300 Bodyline dresses in the dealers room. they retail for $120 at the most, the seller is totally ripping people off with his +100% markup.