PDA

View Full Version : Bangs cutting tutorial

TristenCitrine
01-06-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm happy to announce, after a long delay... a wig bangs cutting tutorial!

The star of this little project is a CosWorx Amanda wig in yellow that became the new Venus wig in my gallery. We've been so busy over at CosWorx, it has taken a long time for me to get it ready and post it.

If you are thinking about cutting bangs into a synthetic wig, please check it out. Putting it together was a labor of love with hope that people will find it useful.

http://www.tristencitrine.com/tutorials/wigbangs.html

(look for special cameo appearances by the walls of the CosWorx office and my hand)

There's also a brief writeup on wigs in general with more things coming as time allows.

Please enjoy! :heart:

london2191
01-06-2007, 02:17 AM
Ooo, very helpful. -nods- I don't have any instances yet where I could use this but ooolala. =3

YuffieK
01-06-2007, 03:04 PM
Yay, I used this tutorial yesterday!
But I only used the part after cutting the bangs because my wig came with bangs already but I needed them to be poofy-er :3
It worked really well ^^

starcat
01-06-2007, 03:26 PM
Oooh, this is useful! If we don't have a steamer, though, can we just use a hair dryer? :S

mero-chan
01-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh, I think I'll use this method for cutting bangs into my new Chi wig! Thanks very much for posting this! :3

TristenCitrine
01-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Oooh, this is useful! If we don't have a steamer, though, can we just use a hair dryer? :S

Eeeeeep, no.... you want the soft, controlled heat and humidity of a steamer. A hairdryer will most likely result in melting. Once wig hair melts, it can never go back. (learned this the hard way many years ago)

You can find a cheapie steamer for as little as $10 that will work okay. Even drug stores have them.

They are very well worth it because they double as a quick way to de-wrinkle costumes as well :) .

KaiJule
01-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Could you please tell me the "regular" function of a steamer? I know how to translate it, but there's no product with that translation I can think of XD

thanks for the tutorial!

Sarcasm-hime
01-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Garment steamers are used to remove wrinkles and creases from clothing. You fill it with water and it heats up and produces steam. Like ironing or pressing clothing, only instead of pressing the cloth flat, the steamer can be used on a hanging garment.

phantomthief
01-06-2007, 10:08 PM
SWEET O_O

I love the double curling method! I'll definately have to try that.

Thanks so much ^_____________^

~Ari-chan

Annie-Mei
01-06-2007, 11:04 PM
OMG what a great tutorial! so much thanks for posting that as I'll be needing to do my own bangs on a long wig. This is great!

starcat
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Eeeeeep, no.... you want the soft, controlled heat and humidity of a steamer. A hairdryer will most likely result in melting. Once wig hair melts, it can never go back. (learned this the hard way many years ago)

You can find a cheapie steamer for as little as $10 that will work okay. Even drug stores have them.

They are very well worth it because they double as a quick way to de-wrinkle costumes as well :) .

All right, thanks! :) I'll try to find a cheap one around here.

Annie-Mei
01-12-2007, 06:00 PM

edit : for the type of steamer that Tristen is using:
http://www.conair-store.com/product_detail.asp?T1=CON+GS15R&HDR=GARMENTCARE

Kukkii-san
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
KaiJule:
I don't know the Spanish word either, but steamers are used to press clothing when traveling (not just at home like... la plancha^^). maybe this helps you find one.

but you can also pour hot water over the wig to form the hair (at the right temperature - around 80°C!!!). i used this to straighten hair, but you can also curl it the same way you do with a steamer. just let it dry completely before taking off the curlers.

Kagami-chan
01-12-2007, 07:31 PM
If I had this before, my Ino wig would've turned out so much better. x.x
Too bad it got fried when someone threw away my wig bag.

hellopucca
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
thanks, very helpful!

mizuhaki
01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for making it! I bookmarked it so I can use it later ^-^