PDA

View Full Version : Prince zucco tutorial

verdatum
01-07-2007, 12:19 AM
I thought I'd show off a makeup I did at ohayocon. This was pretty simple to do if you have the right materials.

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~pg1/ryuk/IMG_5655.JPG

My procedure:
wash the skin and apply vaseline to the eyebrow. wrap the costume in a towel to keep things clean Apply a thin layer of liquid latex everywhere except the eyesocket. This greatly eases cleanup. Apply a layer of prosaide prosthetic adhesive over the latex. Spirit gum works just fine as a substitute, i just didn't have any. again, keep spirit gum away from eye. unroll a cotton ball and push into the adhesive. Remove any excess. Apply more latex over the cotton. Let the wearer hit with a hairdryer to dry the surface of the latex. mix 2 colors of PAX (http://fx.wikia.com/wiki/PAX) to the desired shade (it varies in the screencaps depending on lighting and such, so I just picked what looked good.) I used a mixture of white, burnt umber, raw sienna, phenophalene (sp) blue, and cadmium red. largely becuase i had these colors on hand. The lighter shade is mostly the darker color with more white added. paint the inside darker, and the outside lighter, with a distinctive border between them. A decent artist paintbrush works for this. tear any hard edges off a foam triangle sponge, as well as some chunks out of the center, and use this to stipple a small amoung of the dark shade onto the light shade, and the light shade onto the dark shade. push lots of facepowder into the makeup, and wipe off with a slightly damp towel.

Edit: OK, I misspelled. It's Prince Zuko from Avatar: The Last Airbender. I thought i should edit it and add the word in here in case anyone searches the forum for ways to do this character.

Crazy Flower
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Oooh, Me likee, I may have to use this technique later on. Do you know of a place where PAX paints can be purchased? Or is it just mixed with the alcohol?

BTW his name is Prince Zuko.

verdatum
01-07-2007, 12:30 AM
PAX is sold occasionally. but really you just make it from acrylic paint and pros aide. Just follow the hyperlink for more details. pros aide, or "prosthetic adhesive" isn't too hard to find with a google search.

Kuro Yue
01-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Fu fu fu. . .Very helpful. Very helpful indeed. . .Ke ke ke.

*wants badly to wear a fake burn scar to school*

But yes. This will greatly aid my Zuko costume, iffin I decide to make it.