PDA

View Full Version : A cosplay event in Tokyo on 20th, looking for cosplayer.

elejonah
01-07-2007, 03:06 AM
There is a cosplay event on 20th of January in Tokyo. I am thinking if there is anyone would like to join the event here. It is a popular cosplay in Japan, I believe we can meet many Japanese cosplayer there.
this is the url for the event
http://www.geocities.jp/coscrertion/
I think you can bring the props, too. There is no strict rules for that, except you can not bring a real weapon.
If anyone is interesting to come. please PM me.

nightko
01-07-2007, 05:31 AM
I am always interested to go but unfortunately I am not in Japan right now. I might be there in late March or early April.

Mebachiko
01-15-2007, 04:39 AM
I possibly can join ;)! I don`t have a very complicated costume but I think I can make it... but I don`t understand very well... It seems that there`s one event in Akiba and another in Yurakucho?

elejonah
01-15-2007, 10:16 AM
there are cosplay events happening constantly in Tokyo on Sat and Sun. Harumi is one of the popular place for cosplay event. Me, my sisters and some Japanese cosplayer are going on Sunday. it will be great if you can join us!

Fo-
02-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Oh, am too late for this event (((((

Nagisacureblack
02-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I will be in tokyo at the end of march-beginnig of april.Do the events happening on saturdays and sundays will still happen?

and If they do could I join?
feel free to PM me.

Lillianseth
03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
i wish i live in Japan, it's so much cooler over there....better cosplay...better anime...better video games...god it's so depressing

Mebachiko
03-04-2007, 11:35 PM
mmm don`t think it`s depressing!!

It`s true, here in Japan you can find a lot of things, more than other countries but
1. The prices are horrible
2. At least for me, I don`t have the liberty I has in another countries for doing cosplay... Japan also has its rules -____-

Fo-
03-23-2007, 03:11 AM
Lillianseth

number of gaijin cosplayers is really.... depressing ((((

Michi
03-23-2007, 11:48 AM
i wish i live in Japan, it's so much cooler over there....better cosplay...better anime...better video games...god it's so depressing

Like Mebachiko said, it's a lot more expensive. We actually get a much better deal on anime DVDs, really, even if we have to wait!

number of gaijin cosplayers is really.... depressing ((((

:confused:

DreamKydd
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
everything is damn expensive here in japan... even the toy figures cost more than back home (canada). and the strange part is.. back home it's imported FROM here.

ie. kingdom hearts figures... around $40 here .. back home.. $25

tidus89ITA
03-26-2007, 03:13 PM
everything is damn expensive here in japan... even the toy figures cost more than back home (canada). and the strange part is.. back home it's imported FROM here.

ie. kingdom hearts figures... around $40 here .. back home.. $25

hi!!$40??!!!here(in italy) $25 to

a_leprechaun
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Really the only thing I found to be relatively cheap in Japan was manga. In the US it's 10 bucks a pop, but in good ol' Nihon a book of manga cost 300 yen-- just under 3 dollars!

Mebachiko
03-28-2007, 08:25 AM
300 yen for manga is expensive, the best is buying in second hand stores n__________n
book off rulz!!

Michi
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Really the only thing I found to be relatively cheap in Japan was manga. In the US it's 10 bucks a pop, but in good ol' Nihon a book of manga cost 300 yen-- just under 3 dollars!

Well, original Japanese manga sold here should be around $5-6. It's just the translated ones that run $10+...

300 yen for manga is expensive, the best is buying in second hand stores n__________n
book off rulz!!

While I do love Book Off (the one here usually has manga for $1), I don't think 300 yen is expensive... That's only $2.50 with the current exchange rate. D: