PDA

View Full Version : Metrocon Prime 2007!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

havokgrl
01-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Metrocon Prime 2007!
Video Games VS. Anime!

METROCON - Fifth Anniversary
Florida's Largest Anime Convention
July 6-8, 2007 Tampa, Florida
http://www.animemetro.com/metroconventions/index_flash.cfm

Im totally Excited I cant wait!
Who's Planning on going?

Kitsune
01-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Yes! I was so going to make a thread for this soon. =D

I am most definitely going. I just have no idea what as yet.

Chess match auditions are next week. *excitement*

SunakoChan
01-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I'll definitely be there ^-^ though I'm not sure what costumes I'll bring

havokgrl
01-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Yes! I was so going to make a thread for this soon. =D

I am most definitely going. I just have no idea what as yet.

Chess match auditions are next week. *excitement*

Yea I cant wait, My fiancee will be at the chessmatch auditions.
I really dont know what im going to do either. But im gonna start looking now!

Lucifer
01-08-2007, 07:24 AM
I'll be going, since its a local con, however am not making plans since I have three major cons before it. Brain can't think that far into the future at this time x_X

NiGHTmaren
01-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I'll be in attendance, though I only know two of the costumes I am definately doing - Seth Nightlord from Trinity Blood, and Princess Saturn for a Princess Senshi group for the Friday night masquerade. I'll be at chess tryouts on the 20th, also...it's worth a shot, and I loved being in it the past two years.

Kitsune
01-08-2007, 10:09 AM
So, so far I'm almost positive I'll be dressing as Wendy from Gun X Sword for a Gun X Sword group. *goes to poke everyone else in said group* And I might wear either Daniel or Dream, cause I love me crazy contacts. Otherwise, my list will be very open and very fluid for at least another two or three months.

havokgrl
01-08-2007, 10:13 AM
So far Im thinking about modifying my Izayoi costume and make it better and Im also going to do Hinoto from X/1999....so far

kiarou
01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
im goin
im gonna be anbu itachi, and gonna be walking around with 2 random anbus and anbu zabuza ^^

Roxey20
01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Sweet! I was thinking about going. Though, I'll probably just drive up for one day since it's just me, unless I find a group willing to take in a straggler. :) (I'm new to Florida) I'm not sure what I will bring. Probably Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell:Stand Alone Complex (2nd Gig) or artbook Sister Kate from Trinity Blood.

Kitsune
01-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Squeeee~! I remember going through your gallery in the Gallery Viewings thread! I love all of your costumes =D I hope you can make it!

Roxey20
01-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks! I hope I can make it too! I'm moving to Fort Myers in May after I graduate, so we'll see how the finances are going this summer. Again, if anything I'll try to make it for a day.

Aleera
01-09-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm going. My main costume will be Riddel Viper from Chrono Cross for the contest and I'll bring some costumes from earlier in the year along.

Duplica
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm going for two reasons one Chris, will have my head if I don't go and two I had fun last year. So I'm hoping I have more fun this year.

Brio
01-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I'll be at Metro if I have to walk there and sleep under the over pass*you know the one i'm talking about :D *

This years favorite costume is definitely my Kero, Who's probably going to be a staple for the next couple years untill I can do my next big ones (Either the gundam Deathscythe Hell Custom, or a the Liger Zero Schnider)...i'm not cospaly suicidal. lol. :3

Can't wait to see everyone there. It's gonna be a blast ^ ^

havokgrl
01-09-2007, 06:25 PM
I'll be in attendance, though I only know two of the costumes I am definately doing - Seth Nightlord from Trinity Blood, and Princess Saturn for a Princess Senshi group for the Friday night masquerade. I'll be at chess tryouts on the 20th, also...it's worth a shot, and I loved being in it the past two years.

Awsome
A Princess Senshi group. I love Sailor Moon! I would love to (someday)cosplay Galaxia. *sigh*
anyway my fiancee is going to try out for Kenshin in chessmatch. Hes just nervous cause its his 1st time and doesnt wanna look dumb. :toothy:

Kitsune
01-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Awwwuh, tell him not to be nervous! Everyone has a first time~! Mine was last year. =D

If I can convince my aunt to go and take her kids, I'll be dressing the smallest as Midna and the oldest as Princess Agitha from Twilight Princess, and I shall do my secret TP costume as well. *evil laughter*

I wish I could talk to people about that last costume... *sniffles*

Leenus
01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
I will definatly be in attendance <3 everybody knows the lengths Ill go to if I cant get a ride *evil laugh* XD

TheDarkmoon
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
I'll eather be going as Kasanoda and hopefully getting a friend to do Mori ( both from Ouran Host Club ) or take the time to go really all out with upgrading my Vincent cosplay. I have a friend who was planning to possibly do a Wing Zero cosplay this year sometime but I am not sure what's happening with that.

Still can't decide if I am gonna audition for Chess Match or not, if I did I'd hope to get Vincent since me upgrading it would coincide nicely with the match.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
01-10-2007, 01:48 AM
I'm going to try to be there this time ^^

havokgrl
01-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Awwwuh, tell him not to be nervous! Everyone has a first time~! Mine was last year. =D

If I can convince my aunt to go and take her kids, I'll be dressing the smallest as Midna and the oldest as Princess Agitha from Twilight Princess, and I shall do my secret TP costume as well. *evil laughter*

I wish I could talk to people about that last costume... *sniffles*

this yr. will make my 4th yr attendance. I missed the very 1st Metro :( but thats ok. I will tell him not to be nevous. I would go with him but I gotta work.

Kitsune
01-10-2007, 10:36 AM
This will be my fourth year going as well. It will also mark the third year of Whose Line Is It Anime? I hope to make it spectacularly awesome this year. With three giant boxes of bubblewrap. =D

havokgrl
01-10-2007, 11:24 AM
This will be my fourth year going as well. It will also mark the third year of Whose Line Is It Anime? I hope to make it spectacularly awesome this year. With three giant boxes of bubblewrap. =D

Im sad to say that ive never got to see Whose Line Is It Anime? :( But I will try to see it this time around. Ohhh Bubblewrap......is fun :bigtu:

NiGHTmaren
01-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Awsome
A Princess Senshi group. I love Sailor Moon! I would love to (someday)cosplay Galaxia. *sigh*
anyway my fiancee is going to try out for Kenshin in chessmatch. Hes just nervous cause its his 1st time and doesnt wanna look dumb. :toothy:

Oh man, last year I was the first person at tryouts to have to go up and well...tryout. I think I looked stupid and I doubt anyone else could have ever looked dumber, haha. I'm also trying out for Kenshin, so is my boyfriend. I'm also going for Rukia, Lina, Sailor Moon, Yuffie, Xianghua, Nausicaa, Link, and Princess Zelda...keeping the options open, haha. He's trying out for Kenshin, Link, Vincent, Dante, Ichigo, Vampire Hunter D, Simon Belmont, and Kilik. Shall be fun times! I'll be there on the 20th at the 10am block.

Roxey20
01-10-2007, 03:35 PM
OK, so everyone talking about Metrocon has got me excited. I'm going to try really hard to get to Metrocon. Hopefully I can work things out so that I can come for the whole weekend. Ooo, then I could bring more cosplays...:)

Kitsune
01-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Hah, bubblewrap is definitely my selling point for Whose Line. It happened by accident, because I had a small bit of spare bubblewrap from wrapping my kendo the first year, and it enticed many people. I bring more and more each year. XD Definitely changing a few things this year, though, to make it smoother and better, hopefully.

Mmmm, just a few more days until first weekend of auditions! I'm trying out for everyone. =D My friends keep telling me I should put down Simon, though. >_>

Wai~! I hope you can come the whole weekend, Roxey20. It's a load of fun.

Roxey20
01-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks! It all depends on the new job and if I can find a group to join up with. Sadly, none of my friends in Fort Myers cosplay... Bleh, now I just need to decide which cosplays to bring for the weekend...

havokgrl
01-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Oh man, last year I was the first person at tryouts to have to go up and well...tryout. I think I looked stupid and I doubt anyone else could have ever looked dumber, haha. I'm also trying out for Kenshin, so is my boyfriend. I'm also going for Rukia, Lina, Sailor Moon, Yuffie, Xianghua, Nausicaa, Link, and Princess Zelda...keeping the options open, haha. He's trying out for Kenshin, Link, Vincent, Dante, Ichigo, Vampire Hunter D, Simon Belmont, and Kilik. Shall be fun times! I'll be there on the 20th at the 10am block.

Im makin him do his homework for the chessmatch, He also wants to try for Vampire Hunter D if not Kenshin, Other than thats all he really wants to try for. Hes going this Saturday coming up @ 10.
I think you can pull off any or all of the other characters cause your really good. You looked really Cute in your Chi Chi costume last year!

Miss Meru
01-11-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm really hoping I can make Metro this year. It's kinda sad that I've never been to a Florida con when I'm originally FROM Florida, haha. I think my fiance and I will be able to debut our Ranma½ costumes if we do go ^_^

Foos
01-12-2007, 12:30 AM
:) Can't wait for Metro. Really looking forward to the cosplay contest and Idol.

Kitsune
01-12-2007, 06:24 AM
*flails* First day of chess match tryouts tomorrrrrrrrow~!

Lucifer
01-12-2007, 09:40 AM
To those trying out this (and next) weekend:

Break a leg. (not literally of course)

NiGHTmaren
01-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Yes, good luck to everyone! I still have another week to wait and prepare, haha. Going to do some sword combat training and the like with the boyfriend over the weekend. At least there's gauranteed gorgeous weather this weekend, just gotta hope next weekend is as promising.

I also hope to tryout for Anime Idol this year...no one knows I can sing, either! Been so long since I sang on stage.

Taisa_Azudragon
01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I wish I could but I can't because I will miss one day of training, the weekend right before Metrocon. I will be in CA for Anime Expo <<

But I may show up during training sessions to request you guys to do a couple of fight sequence for a music video I'm planning to make about the theme this year at Metrocon.

Anyway lol I shall definitely be able to make it back for Metrocon though ^^

havokgrl
01-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Yes, good luck to everyone! I still have another week to wait and prepare, haha. Going to do some sword combat training and the like with the boyfriend over the weekend. At least there's gauranteed gorgeous weather this weekend, just gotta hope next weekend is as promising.

I also hope to tryout for Anime Idol this year...no one knows I can sing, either! Been so long since I sang on stage.

This year I am deff. checking out Anime Idol. I have never seen it so far, its my goal to see it even if i have to drag the fiancee with me.:toothy:

Aleera
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM

Good luck to you and everyone who tries out for the Anime Human Chess Match. I admire the effort you guys put into making it such a successful event. I'm trying out for Anime Idol and Fantasy Masquerade this year but I wish you luck in finding roles you want in the events you can perform in. I can't wait until next year to try out for Miss Mascot, currently I'm still geographically undesirable so no way I can audition for the role this year. Good luck to everyone trying out for the events.

havokgrl
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Good luck to you and everyone who tries out for the Anime Human Chess Match. I admire the effort you guys put into making it such a successful event. I'm trying out for Anime Idol and Fantasy Masquerade this year but I wish you luck in finding roles you want in the events you can perform in. I can't wait until next year to try out for Miss Mascot, currently I'm still geographically undesirable so no way I can audition for the role this year. Good luck to everyone trying out for the events.

Speaking of the Masquerade. I wonder what theme it will be this year! I can not wait!:toothy:

scandia
01-19-2007, 09:50 AM
I will be attending. I would like to give a panel, since now I have the time and tools to do it.

I only need to order one thing, since I have my costumes ready.

Roxey20
01-20-2007, 02:03 AM
Okay, so I've been thinking...and I think I'm going to bring Motoko, Akira (Nobuta wa Produce) and Sister Kate. Granted that list is likely to change (most likely growing) depending on how many days I decide to come. But I think I've pretty much decided that I have to come. It'd be a crime not to... XD

Kitsune
01-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Mrrr, I need to start working on the Whose Line panel. I will have everything done before the show this time! >__>

If you haven't seen it yet, there's a teaser up for this year's Fantasy Masquerade. Rudy (the awesome guy in charge of the Masquerade) posted it at YouTube, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obtNdBM5Ir0

It looks like it's gonna be awesome. I like the end of the music video.

Taisa_Azudragon
01-21-2007, 01:35 AM
...I've seen it and I left being a little confused. What does it all mean! @_@

Brio
01-22-2007, 09:48 AM
*flails and squirms* I've still got at least 2 cons to get through before metro....but I can't wait! It's gonna be another awesome year. :3

Lucifer
01-22-2007, 11:14 AM
*flails and squirms* I've still got at least 2 cons to get through before metro....but I can't wait! It's gonna be another awesome year. :3

You're lucky, I have four conventions before Metro (FX, Katsucon, Jacon, Anime Expo), with a total of 16 costumes prior to any I could make for Metro.

>.>;

And the worst part, I'm dead serious. x_X;

Brio
01-22-2007, 03:48 PM
You're lucky, I have four conventions before Metro (FX, Katsucon, Jacon, Anime Expo), with a total of 16 costumes prior to any I could make for Metro.

>.>;

And the worst part, I'm dead serious. x_X;

ya know what. I'd love to be in your shoes. the mroe cons the merrier...but the less $...not so much

AnimeAngel
01-22-2007, 10:48 PM
AdonisViandelia and I shall be in attendance :D I look forward to seeing everyone!

Lucifer
01-23-2007, 06:57 AM
ya know what. I'd love to be in your shoes. the mroe cons the merrier...but the less $...not so much

Never said I spent tons of money on cons. Fortunate to work at some, and have birthday's/tax returns to help with the others. It isn't hard to make going to a local convention less expensive, also.

Aleera
01-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Never said I spent tons of money on cons. Fortunate to work at some, and have birthday's/tax returns to help with the others. It isn't hard to make going to a local convention less expensive, also.

I second the above. I pre-reg early as often as I can and I've just started to volunteer hosting panels for the local conventions to my area this year.

Also Metrocon will have the registration tiers online once that is set up, if you lock in early it's only $30 compared to say $45/50-ish. Better to paypal sooner than pay more later.

Eclipseofsorrow
01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I'll be there for sure. =D We're finishing up My Darcia and Jagara, also Hamona. x3 Dunno if Cheza can make it or not, but it will be a super detailed group. (3 hours alone on one of Jagaras armor peices. >> )

Also, we're maybe brining the beast. xD Leviathan, 20 foot long, dragon costume. Roy still has to get back to me on rules and the likes. o_o;

Oh oH! Hosting this year- Anime Clue! =D If we can secure rooms, it will be a live action clue game with anime themes instead of 30's. x3 Fun fun, you should all go~

Miss Meru
01-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Can anyone tell me how the costume contest works... like what day it's usually on & etc.? This is going to be my first Metrocon so I'd like to get an idea ^^

Aleera
01-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Can anyone tell me how the costume contest works... like what day it's usually on & etc.? This is going to be my first Metrocon so I'd like to get an idea ^^

It is usually on a Sunday and in the past it has run into the late afternoon (around 5 pm). I hope that helps you out. I think you should check out the Anime Human Chessmatch for your 1st Metrocon, it's just awesome. Oh and if you're not staying at a nearby hotel you might have a bit of a hike to the convention center. Tampa can be worse than Miami when it comes to parking, trust me, if you are not staying in a hotel nearby leave time to find parking in your plans.

Kitsune
01-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Oooh, you're the one with the Anime Clue, Eclipseofsorrow? I'll have to make sure our panels aren't at the same time, I wanna see that!

And, it's amazing, but I've already started work on Whose Line Is It Anime. That means no stalling because I have no games thought up. XD

Miss Meru
01-24-2007, 11:59 AM
It is usually on a Sunday and in the past it has run into the late afternoon (around 5 pm). I hope that helps you out. I think you should check out the Anime Human Chessmatch for your 1st Metrocon, it's just awesome. Oh and if you're not staying at a nearby hotel you might have a bit of a hike to the convention center. Tampa can be worse than Miami when it comes to parking, trust me, if you are not staying in a hotel nearby leave time to find parking in your plans.

Yeah, we're definitely checking out the chess match & staying at the con hotel. ^_^ Thanks so much!!

NiGHTmaren
01-24-2007, 01:23 PM
More details on the costume contest, I have both judged and participated in the MetroCon costume contests, and here's the run-down.

Pre-judging normally begins on Sunday around 11am-12pm. You will be assigned a number and wait in line, go in, talk with the judges and have your costume examined for roughly 2 minutes tops. If like at MetroCon: Amano's World, there may be a panel before the judging starts for you to ask questions, get information on line-up and pre-judging, etc. Line-up times will definately be provided in any case so you know when and where to line-up for the stage presentation.

Aleera
01-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, we're definitely checking out the chess match & staying at the con hotel. ^_^ Thanks so much!!
That hotel is brand spanking new, it was under construction last year. You just walk over the sky bridge to the convention center. Much more convenient. I'm thinking of booking at least Saturday there (though it is a bit pricey). I remember other years walking over the old bridge in heels(especially for Masquerade) and now I won't have to walk so much.

Miss Meru
01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
Thank you both so much for the input! It really helps. Most of my friends are skipping Metro for AX or haven't been at all, so it's nice to get some feedback.

Pantsu_chan
01-25-2007, 02:02 AM
I think I'm in for Metro this year...since I'll just be doing research over summer, I should be able to take some time off and drive over to Tampa. This'll be my first time attending Metrocon!

As to what costumes I'll bring, hmmm. Hopefully my Utada will be done...and this will likely be the debut con for my (currently)secret YamaPi costume (unless I get it done before AnimeSuperCon)! When it gets closer I'll know what other costumes will come along for the ride.

AnimeAngel
01-25-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm actually skipping Expo for Metrocon. Expo last year was just horrible and I'd rather give it a break than go again and be upset from the year before. Plus I have obligations at this years Metrocon. It should be fun, and I'm thinking it's going to be worth it.

AnimeAngel
01-25-2007, 10:06 AM
As to what costumes I'll bring, hmmm. Hopefully my Utada will be done...and this will likely be the debut con for my (currently)secret YamaPi costume (unless I get it done before AnimeSuperCon)! When it gets closer I'll know what other costumes will come along for the ride.

You're going to ASC? :D I'll see you there!

Aleera
01-25-2007, 02:38 PM
You're going to ASC? :D I'll see you there!
See both of you there.

As for Metrocon, it's also one of the nation's larger conventions but what makes it interesting are all the different events. Largest and best FL con, imho.

AnimeAngel
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
See both of you there.

As for Metrocon, it's also one of the nation's larger conventions but what makes it interesting are all the different events. Largest and best FL con, imho.

Ohhhh!! Awesome ^^

I haven't been to Metrocon yet, so I'm hoping it's a lot of fun! I hear it's a blast.

Eclipseofsorrow
01-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Oooh, you're the one with the Anime Clue, Eclipseofsorrow? I'll have to make sure our panels aren't at the same time, I wanna see that!

And, it's amazing, but I've already started work on Whose Line Is It Anime. That means no stalling because I have no games thought up. XD

Haha, yes. I've heard your panel is LOTS of fun, and I tried to make it last year. ;_; We kept getting stopped for pictures on the way though (Dunno if you saw us, but we were the Ramen cups), and by the time we got there it had already started and I didnt want to interupt.

Oh man. >> YOU have work to do? I have to write a full plot and story out, and think up and plan in around 20-30 anime characters. Also, make character packets and the likes~ Not to mention, try to get Roy to respond and let us know what type of space we're going to have to work with, so I can plan around that too. -Le sigggggh~- It will be fun though! Im worried about having to cut it off at 30 people though, cause otherwise it's hard to control. o_o; (It's not scripted, you guys actually walk around and Solve it.) x3

tsuoi_kaze
01-30-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll be there! But I have no idea who to cosplay yet XD

I might just put scraps of possible cosplays in a hat and draw at random :toothy:

havokgrl
01-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Pre Reg is up! I already got my passes. VIP STYLE!! :)

Hyper_Phantom
01-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Eh. o.o I'm here late lol! I'll be going to Metrocon. There is no if, buts or maybes. I must go to Metrocon, it is my favorite con. Lol.
I'd like to only do one costume for Metro, but I'm doing two because I need one for a skit.
So you all will see me there as Kuja from FF9 and as my original design DDR princess. ^_^
I'd really love a VIP pass...but $70? That's a very unsettling fee. =\ $70...*Hugs her tummy and curls up in bed* No...No...No...yesssss...NO >_<
Yes?
NO <_<
yes plz? ._.
NO! T_T
Nu...;_;
...*Ahem* Excuse me, while I call my therapist. XD

FLORIDASUPERCON
01-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Looking forward to another great show (as usual)

:)

-mike

Miss Meru
01-30-2007, 11:05 PM
What's the difference between a VIP pass and a normal one? =\

tsuoi_kaze
01-30-2007, 11:28 PM

I had a vip pass at metrocon amano's world, and all it really did was get you the good seats at events. And I mean the GOOD seats. I want a vip pass again, but their so expensive now DX

Lucifer
01-31-2007, 07:19 AM

The site says you get preferred seating, a pass to the masquerade, and a t-shirt (along with a weekend pass to the con, of course).

havokgrl
01-31-2007, 07:44 AM
I had a vip pass at metrocon amano's world, and all it really did was get you the good seats at events. And I mean the GOOD seats. I want a vip pass again, but their so expensive now DX

Well the whole getting good seats is good enough for me. It stinks getting stuck all the way in the back during an event and cant see anything.

Miyabi-
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
I can't believe it but I actually get to come to Metrocon again! ^_^ I'm flying from AX to spend a few days in Vegas and then from Vegas to Florida for Metro and after the weekend back to Ohio with me! XD!!
This is going to shape up to be quite possibly the best vacation I've ever taken! ^_^
Costume-wise I'll be bringing Abel Nightroad from "Trinity Blood" and the usual Chrno Crusade stuff and possibly Mizuki Ashiya from "Hana Kimi" ^_^

Aleera
02-01-2007, 04:13 PM
The regular pass via paypal is still $35 versus the $75 for VIP passes. And besides with VIP your friends would have to be able to afford it too. I'm just pointing out the pros and cons.

I'm glad that at least a few people are coming from out of town to Metrocon, it makes everything more exciting somehow. I can't wait for details about the Fantasy Masquerade and costume contest to come online in the future.

tsuoi_kaze
02-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Well the whole getting good seats is good enough for me. It stinks getting stuck all the way in the back during an event and cant see anything.

*nods* Especially when you're short (like me T.T) and you end up behind someone RELLY tall. I hate that.

I need to pick who to cosplay!!! Probably Izumi from FMA because I've been putting it off for months (bought everything, never started to make it.) but that's a simple costume so I want to bring something else too. I considered Genesis but I don't think I can get that many sequins done in time and be able to see the light of day between now and then. I'll probably think of something right after mega ;D

Hyper_Phantom
02-01-2007, 04:41 PM
*nods* Especially when you're short (like me T.T) and you end up behind someone RELLY tall. I hate that.

I need to pick who to cosplay!!! Probably Izumi from FMA because I've been putting it off for months (bought everything, never started to make it.) but that's a simple costume so I want to bring something else too. I considered Genesis but I don't think I can get that many sequins done in time and be able to see the light of day between now and then. I'll probably think of something right after mega ;D

So many sequins. DX I'd just buy sequined fabric.

NiGHTmaren
02-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Let's not talk about sequins...I have a costume completely covered in them I need done in time for JACON. XD And I mean COVERED. Many hours I have already spent shut away like a freak, not seeing the light of day.

But yeah, VIP passes rock. I'm 4'11", so I know how it is to be stuck behind people and not see anything but heads, wigs, hats, etc.

tsuoi_kaze
02-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Let's not talk about sequins...I have a costume completely covered in them I need done in time for JACON. XD And I mean COVERED. Many hours I have already spent shut away like a freak, not seeing the light of day.

But yeah, VIP passes rock. I'm 4'11", so I know how it is to be stuck behind people and not see anything but heads, wigs, hats, etc.

That's exactly why I said I wouldn't get it done! Long sleeved shirt AND long pants COVERED in the little devils DX! Not to mention sparlky shoes...
Which is why it's only a slight possibility that I'll have that one. Then again, I could cheat and buy sparkly fabric and uh >.>.....place them spaced out rather than covering the fabric. Just so it'll still be omgwtfsparkly-enough.

I think that I might make something for the dance/masqurade if I have time (a.k.a. if I decide NOT to make Genesis yet). If I do that I'll bring out Reno or Yuna for a day, or maybe make another simple costume.

On a Happier note- I GO TO JOANNES TO GET MY NEW MACHINE ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!
My current one is possesed. Not by evil spirits or even demons, but by satan himself. And I'm pretty sure it's the one in the mizerable video who plays the violin because it makes wierd noises all the time too.

Miss Meru
02-01-2007, 09:52 PM
Matt and I still need to get our room + passes! >_<; I doubt we'll get VIP though, since it's our first Metro. I'd rather use that money to go towards my beloved Busch Gardens <3

havokgrl
02-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Matt and I still need to get our room + passes! >_<; I doubt we'll get VIP though, since it's our first Metro. I'd rather use that money to go towards my beloved Busch Gardens <3

We got our rooms. Bit on the expensive side though. Busch Gardens is hella fun!

Ichigo_Kurosaki
02-09-2007, 12:36 AM
Just got my room tonight,and looking for a few people to join in ^^
Whatever costumes in my signature is what I'll be doing.

fadingforest
02-09-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm rooming with a few friends and we thankfully have our room already. ^_^ I really can't wait for the con! Especially for Anime Idol and cosplay, and meeting up with some friends who live way too far away for me. It's going to be amazing.

Anyone have any ideas who the guest is?

Aleera
02-14-2007, 02:43 PM
That's exactly why I said I wouldn't get it done! Long sleeved shirt AND long pants COVERED in the little devils DX! Not to mention sparlky shoes...
Which is why it's only a slight possibility that I'll have that one. Then again, I could cheat and buy sparkly fabric and uh >.>.....place them spaced out rather than covering the fabric. Just so it'll still be omgwtfsparkly-enough...

Sequins, don't get me started on them either. They are very tedious and time greedy but luckily they photograph well. Sequin-dot, It is light weight and easy to work with from the feel of the fabric anyway. I guess it depends on what effect you are going for when choosing etc.

Princess_Moon
02-14-2007, 09:10 PM
im deffently comming. im bringing my miaka yuki outfit from fushigi yuugi, and my princess kakyuu dress and well as the sailor outfit for hers. im trying to work on an original character, lets see how it does^^
the princess serenity im thinking of retiring.

Hollee Marie
02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
I'll be going as Manga!Chii to Metrocon! I went last year and saw some pretty nice costumes. xB No one recognized who I was last year, but oh well!

Roxey20
02-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Ah! I nearly forgot about getting a hotel room! Bleh...one more thing on my to-do list...though, I suppose I should find people so that I'm not in a hotel room all by my lonesome...that could be expensive...

I'm STILL debating on what to bring. Though I think Motoko Kusanagi is a definite. Artbook Sister Kate with probably come as well, if that costume hasnt killed me yet...

Pantsu_chan
02-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Crap, I totally forgot about getting a hotel room....$140 a night at the con hotel, yikes! I found a couple places around ~5 blocks away for $110....for those of you who've been to Metro before, what's the advantage of staying at this particular con hotel? I've heard some horror stories about parking in downtown Tampa, so that might make it worth the extra $30 a night to me. Time to find some people to share costs....

Aleera
02-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Crap, I totally forgot about getting a hotel room....$140 a night at the con hotel, yikes! I found a couple places around ~5 blocks away for $110....for those of you who've been to Metro before, what's the advantage of staying at this particular con hotel?....

I'm guilty of not booking one yet either, $140 is a bit higher than last year but the hotel is new and as close as one can stay to the convention center. Basically convenience, Even with the con hotel it still took time traveling to and from the convention center and I imagine more travel time would be spent without being nearby. By this I mean leaving to get yourself some food, parking etc. You could always stay friday nearby and to pretty soon book the con hotel Saturday, I'm considering this only to lower costs since I know the area by now. First year they moved Metrocon to the convention center, I did get a little lost, so well let's just say I own a map of Tampa ever since. It isn't impossible to find parking if you know where to look, but Tampa is imho worse than Miami when it comes to parking spots.

Pantsu_chan
02-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the info, Aleera. If parking is worse than here in Miami....then I may just cough up the extra $30 a night and find someone to share with me.

Incidentally, since you're familiar with the area...how is downtown Tampa for places to eat, bars, etc? Just wondering if there are some places to go out to, or if I'm going to need to bring a ton of food for myself.

Kitsune
02-18-2007, 10:59 PM
I booked the new hotel rooms without a second thought.

The rooms look amazing - I can't wait for the Metro tour to see if they're as grand as the photos make them out to be. And the rooms have microwaves. That wins in and of itself. The hotel is also attached to the convention center - meaning you don't even have to worry about traffic to get to the con.

I'm not entirely familiar with all the eatings about (we tended to order pizza to the room - easy and not terribly expensive since one large pizza can feed four of us easy), but there is a Publix within walking distance that saved us during set-up last year.

Miss Meru
02-18-2007, 11:19 PM
I think the rooms are well worth the price and convenience of being close to everything. We paid $150/night for a room at Dragon*Con and it was VERY basic. These look really nice! ^_^;

Pantsu_chan
02-19-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm not entirely familiar with all the eatings about (we tended to order pizza to the room - easy and not terribly expensive since one large pizza can feed four of us easy), but there is a Publix within walking distance that saved us during set-up last year.

Publix + microwave= all I need to survive for the weekend! (I'm only coming from Miami, so I'll probably bring my own food anyway) Glad there are microwaves in the rooms...you'll have to let us all know if the rooms really are as nice as they look.

As to other places to eat in the area...I was just thinking ahead to maybe hitting a restaurant/bar with some of the 21+ crowd. Bare minimum we can always hit up the hotel bar....anyone interested?

EDIT: Looking at the description of the hotel again it says "The restaurant offers a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast"...SCORE!

Cronic Nytemare
02-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Hopefully I will be able to make this years Metrocon. I am gonna try this time to get a room at the official con's hotel so i can be with other anime people =). If i get to go I will be Kiba(Naruto), Hanatarou(Bleach), and if i get the costume finished Ulquiorra(Bleach). If any of you went to Megacon this year I was the kiba with fangs, claws and cat eyes, so if you saw me let me know so i know to look for you =)

dennisud2015
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm still waiting for approval, but I hope to host a panel on all things Evangelion mainly focusing on the upcoming movies and their impact on the Evangelion community!

Mr.D:rockon:

Foos
02-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Publix + microwave= all I need to survive for the weekend! (I'm only coming from Miami, so I'll probably bring my own food anyway) Glad there are microwaves in the rooms...you'll have to let us all know if the rooms really are as nice as they look.

As to other places to eat in the area...I was just thinking ahead to maybe hitting a restaurant/bar with some of the 21+ crowd. Bare minimum we can always hit up the hotel bar....anyone interested?

EDIT: Looking at the description of the hotel again it says "The restaurant offers a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast"...SCORE!

I roomed with a couple c.com members for Metrocon: Amano's World in October, and the hotel bar was plenty enough to loosen everyone up. XD There are limited places open during the weekend, evenings from what I have seen of Tampa, but a decent place to have a drink shouldn't be too hard to locate. I'm hitting up Metro with six other post-21st people, so maybe closer to the con we can discuss a meetup point?

QUESTION! When did the hotel sell out last year? I'd love to know when late is too late as far as booking rooms.

Pantsu_chan
02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
I roomed with a couple c.com members for Metrocon: Amano's World in October, and the hotel bar was plenty enough to loosen everyone up. XD There are limited places open during the weekend, evenings from what I have seen of Tampa, but a decent place to have a drink shouldn't be too hard to locate. I'm hitting up Metro with six other post-21st people, so maybe closer to the con we can discuss a meetup point?

Awesome...thanks for the info! And yes, us 21+ers (I'm 26) should definitely meet up! It's all about tossing back a few and discussing geekery...

Aleera
02-21-2007, 10:57 AM

As to other places to eat in the area...I was just thinking ahead to maybe hitting a restaurant/bar with some of the 21+ crowd...

Mostly Publix, since it is very convenient.

There was a place with a buffet(gotta eat value prices too) and Macaroni Grill nearby. (I'll edit the name in when I remember what it was, but it was a chain buffet restaurant under $10.)

The main party day is Friday from what I've observed it's quite dead Saturday on the strip near the convention center. If the Masquerade doesn't pan out or you're nearby it's worth a look.

And continental breakfast is always a plus. Cooked-to-order is pretty nice too, last time I had that was the Kunicon Miami hotel omelette's. But at the $140 plus room tax, take advantage of free breakfast.

Hyper_Phantom
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM
I wonder when I'm going to start my costumes for Metro. o.o;; Meh, luckily I have plenty of time. I live close enough that I don't need a hotel room, but if they weren't so expensive I'd love to stay at the hotel, just cause hotels are a blast. Plus, it's nice to be able to go back to your room anytime you want.

tsuoi_kaze
02-21-2007, 10:14 PM
HA! I beat you all! Izumi/Teacher is FINISHED! And it's not even a week after megacon!

As for Genesis from suicide club...I decided to hold off on that costume untill next megacon. I'll have a TON more time to work on it and figure out what to do with sequins. Instead I'm going to try to do Allen Walker from D.Grey-Man. I need to restore my money first, mega has left me broke! that and I found out that my joannes only sells pleather during halloween (or so they claim). So I need to buy white pleather online and I only need half a yard or less...crap. So that means Allen is still only a maybe for Mertocon this year.

I'm glad that I don't have to worry about rooming though. Living in Brandon is good for metro since it's only a short drive to down town Tampa.

Lucifer
02-22-2007, 07:13 AM
Metro definitely is the "take a break" con for me, being I live 15 minutes from it.

Costume wise, eh...no clue. I have something planned, but due to FL Supercon being two weeks prior to Metro (and that I have a costume I'm making for it)...well, you know the deal. We'll see.

dennisud2015
02-24-2007, 11:22 AM
Mostly Publix, since it is very convenient.

There was a place with a buffet(gotta eat value prices too) and Macaroni Grill nearby. (I'll edit the name in when I remember what it was, but it was a chain buffet restaurant under $10.)

The main party day is Friday from what I've observed it's quite dead Saturday on the strip near the convention center. If the Masquerade doesn't pan out or you're nearby it's worth a look.

And continental breakfast is always a plus. Cooked-to-order is pretty nice too, last time I had that was the Kunicon Miami hotel omelette's. But at the $140 plus room tax, take advantage of free breakfast.

One disadvantage of Metro is its location verses the eateries nearby. I think we need to have a list of places nearby to eat and where they're ;located!

Mr.D

Hollee Marie
02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Awesome...thanks for the info! And yes, us 21+ers (I'm 26) should definitely meet up! It's all about tossing back a few and discussing geekery...

Yay for the 21+ cosplayers! I'm only 21 (since November), but I think that's cool that people are meeting up!

havokgrl
02-25-2007, 09:30 PM

Yea! Im 21 and my fiancee is 27, so well deff. be up for it!

Miss Meru
02-26-2007, 07:51 AM
One disadvantage of Metro is its location verses the eateries nearby. I think we need to have a list of places nearby to eat and where they're ;located!

Mr.DAgreed!~ I haven't been to Tampa in ages & never to that area, so some food suggestions would be nice <3

NekoGirlTsunade
03-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I will be going to Metrocon as; Deidara, Tsunade, and Orochimaru and I will have three friends with me who will also be cosplaying <3 I can't wait this will be my first time at Metrocon since I went to Otakon last year instead XD

Katie
03-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Soooo, the schedule has been posted on the website... but nothing about the costume contest o_O; Are they going to add it later or what? I'm just trying to get an idea of when we should leave because isn't it on Sunday..?

Miss Meru
03-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Soooo, the schedule has been posted on the website... but nothing about the costume contest o_O; Are they going to add it later or what? I'm just trying to get an idea of when we should leave because isn't it on Sunday..?^^^ Annnd, that was SO me posting that because Katie left herself logged in on my computer XD

Pantsu_chan
03-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Soooo, the schedule has been posted on the website... but nothing about the costume contest o_O; Are they going to add it later or what? I'm just trying to get an idea of when we should leave because isn't it on Sunday..?

Agreed. I have a ~4 hour drive back to Miami, so I'd like to plan ahead to figure out when I need to leave Metro so I don't drive the whole way home in the dark. What time on Sunday has it been held at in the past?

Anyone auditioning for AnimeIdol? I'm thinking about it and have a few song ideas in mind. Bare minimum I'll be karaoke-ing like crazy! I reeeeeally need to get going on my costumes, but grad school is eating my life...

Kitsune
03-07-2007, 05:26 PM
It will be added later. It should be held after Chess Match, so while I can't give an exact answer, I'd guesstimate about 2 or 3ish. Chess generally runs between an hour and an hour and a half, plus giving in room to start on time and finish on time and get people to where they're supposed to be and all that jazz.

That's just based on last year, though, so don't quote me on this. XD

havokgrl
03-07-2007, 08:37 PM
It will be added later. It should be held after Chess Match, so while I can't give an exact answer, I'd guesstimate about 2 or 3ish. Chess generally runs between an hour and an hour and a half, plus giving in room to start on time and finish on time and get people to where they're supposed to be and all that jazz.

That's just based on last year, though, so don't quote me on this. XD

yea last yr it was suppose to start @ 1pm, but the chess match ran late so i think it started around 2:30-3, anyway when it was over with we were out around 5-ish

Yes, I just looked at the guest this yr. Yaya Han is a guest! I love her she is so talented! Her costumes are so amazing. And to boot she is gorgeous to!

Foos
03-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Anyone auditioning for AnimeIdol? I'm thinking about it and have a few song ideas in mind. Bare minimum I'll be karaoke-ing like crazy! I reeeeeally need to get going on my costumes, but grad school is eating my life...

I'm auditioning. This will be my first metro, so I'm really excited to see the calibur of the contestants performing. I could only find one youtube vid of it from last year, though. :| Really wanted to get a feel for the acoustics and sound, but meh. It'll be a surprise, I guess.

I'm pumped for the karaoke, too! It's always hilarious to watch.

NiGHTmaren
03-08-2007, 08:45 AM
I really don't think I can make Metro this year...=/ I am planning to hit up Anime Expo and that will financially drain me. I seen Yaya was added as a guest, but it's all good because she's going to be at JaniCon and I'm the cosplay coordinator. I guess next year I can try out for Anime Idol. BTW, what software do you guys use for recording your music to submit for Idol?

Aleera
03-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I plan to audition for AI. The main video game song I had in mind, the tempo is too slow so that's not an option anymore. The only other video game ones that come to mind have been done to death probably by now, but I feel I could perform them well. I have to start making a new list and figuring from there what I will choose.

I would also like to know what music programs are being used for recording. Or where I can find karaoke for video game songs with stripped vocals. I swear for recording if I had a mac, I would just use sound recorder but alas I have PC, so I need to hook a microphone into it and sync it with a program likely.

Hime, Have fun up at AX though you will be missed.

tsuoi_kaze
03-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I really need to start on my costume. I wanted to get a head start and work over spring break so that I won't have to be in a rush over the summer. Depending on how it turns out I might enter the costume contest ^_^, never entered in one before, so it sounds like fun!

Anime I dol is fun to watch, but I'd never try out. I can't sing XD! It's actually quite comical.

Hime- It's too bad if you can't make it, but have fun AX!

Digitallica
03-09-2007, 03:36 PM
As far as I know...
I'm only doing a remade Larsa Solidor with my friend doing a full armored Gabranth for the whole weekend.

We're planning way ahead for this, because his cosplay is going to cost so much money to construct.

Naruto Fox
03-09-2007, 11:26 PM
il be goign this year, my first time, as deidara

Aleera
03-12-2007, 09:49 PM
As far as I know...
I'm only doing a remade Larsa Solidor with my friend doing a full armored Gabranth for the whole weekend.

We're planning way ahead for this, because his cosplay is going to cost so much money to construct.

I have Ashe (default) that will be done prior to Metrocon, I started her way before the game came out. I could bring her along for Metrocon. FF12 cosplay is love, especially since the costumes aren't the most comfortable ones to wear and it isn't every day you get to see Larsa and Gabranth in one con.

Spookloops
03-13-2007, 09:26 AM
It took me long enough to stumble in here, didn't it? XD

I'm going, though my costume plans are up in the air.
Tentatively I'm bringing something original based on Petshop of Horrors, and I heard about a new Fan-Favourite contest they're doing, so now I have the swift kick in the ass I needed to finish... THE KING OF ALL COSMOS (dunh-dunh-DUNH!), annnnnd... Idunno what else. This all really depends on how some personal issues work out though, so I'm kind of flaky for a while.

Pantsu_chan
03-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Just booked myself a room...looks like all the rooms with 2 beds are currently gone at the con hotel, so those of you who haven't made reservations might want to do so soon. (If you're looking for a place to stay and want to split room costs, please PM me)

Also, did anyone go on the con/hotel tour? How are the suites...I heard there's a micro AND a fridge? I know it was last weekend and was curious to know how it went/what's new, etc.

Spookloops
03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Just booked myself a room...looks like all the rooms with 2 beds are currently gone at the con hotel, so those of you who haven't made reservations might want to do so soon. (If you're looking for a place to stay and want to split room costs, please PM me)

Also, did anyone go on the con/hotel tour? How are the suites...I heard there's a micro AND a fridge? I know it was last weekend and was curious to know how it went/what's new, etc.

The tour didn't mention much about the hotel/rooms other than that there's a wedding that weekend (alas, no open bar...) but the hotel site and my confirmation did state that there is a micro and a fridge in the rooms. Publix, here I come!

tsuoi_kaze
03-14-2007, 05:16 PM
The hotel sounds so great. I want to book a room to stay there, but it'd be pointless XD metrocon is too close to home.

RARRRGH!!!! Still haven't started on Allen. *rants in mumbles and fumes*

...I'm better now.
I've had relatives over almost nonstop since early feb. and it's driving me insane because I can't go to joannes untill my grandmother leaves on sunday DX
I couldn't even order my vinyl online! Why? I don't know. It's not like it'd hurt "family time" to place a quick order. Not cool :lost:

But I talked to my friend and I'm pretty sure she's going to help me make my buttons! (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q92/tsuoi_kaze/D_Gray-Man_v04_ch27_p11.jpg) She has stuff to make molds and knows how to use it! *YAY* Which means I don't have to make seven buttons plus some extra (just incase one breaks, gets lost, falls off, etc.) BY HAND! I'll only have to make ONE and the rest will be made with the mold!!! *dances*

Now if only he rest of the costume would be that easy...(like that'll ever happen)

Hyper_Phantom
03-14-2007, 06:25 PM
All I've done for my costume is cut out the pattern. S'pose I should go buy some fabric this weekend. o.o

Foos
03-14-2007, 07:57 PM
gah. I don't even know what I'm cosplaying yet. It will all depend on what day the costume contest and Anime idol fall on. :|

Lucifer
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
gah. I don't even know what I'm cosplaying yet. It will all depend on what day the costume contest and Anime idol fall on. :|

Just guessing here, but since it was this way the last four years...I assume its the same this year.

Anime Idol - Saturday
Costume Contest - Sunday

Miss Meru
03-15-2007, 07:45 AM
No offense to how the con is organized, but I think having the costume contest on Sunday is the dumbest idea ever =\ Won't be able to enter because we have to drive all the way back to Atlanta that afternoon & evening.

But then again, I've never been to one that has Anime Idol so I guess they had to make that choice and split them up a bit. I just really wanted to enter since my fiance and I will be cosplaying together but oh well!! ;__;

NiGHTmaren
03-15-2007, 08:36 AM
I agree with costume contests being on Sundays being a bad idea. Last year, the Human Chess Match ran over time and the judges were all in Chess Match, including myself - needless to say, we had a few unhappy campers to deal with both that day and in the aftermath. Also, since a lot of people travel to cons, they check out fairly early on Sundays, so that could make a lot of cosplayers miss out on entering. I'm pretty sure they have resolved the Chess Match/Costume Contest conflict, at least I hope they did. But that still doesn't do anything about those who have to leave the convention...I guess the problem is MetroCon has a lot of events so they have to spread them out over the course of the weekend. I would propose an evening Masquerade on Saturday for both skits and/or craftsmanship, but no Florida con I know of has yet to adopt this idea.

Lucifer
03-15-2007, 09:17 AM
I would propose an evening Masquerade on Saturday for both skits and/or craftsmanship, but no Florida con I know of has yet to adopt this idea.

That's not true. Last year Jacon had both skit/craftmanship in the same contest, and only three people did skits. Years prior AFO had them in the same competition, where Metrocon never has. Unfortunately the drive for one large competition just isn't there in Florida, hense the separation.

Personally I do enjoy costume contests more on Saturday, since it is the 'big day', and one likes to wear their best on Saturday.

olemontecnoo
03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
yay! i'm glad i found this thread. =)

i'm very excited about metro this year. this will be my third metrocon, but my first time bringing costumes. :::nervous:::

what is everyone going as?

i'll be going as reira from nana, and namine from kingdom hearts.

Foos
03-16-2007, 12:24 AM
I would propose an evening Masquerade on Saturday for both skits and/or craftsmanship, but no Florida con I know of has yet to adopt this idea.

Not sure what you mean by that. :| Megacon always combines them for Saturday, as did Jacon until this year. Houkocon, Anime South and the other smaller cons combine them as well. AFO and Metro are the only ones I know of who have consistently separated them.

I've been spoiled living in Orlando with three local cons, and yeah, I ran into that problem along with other folks at Houkocon last year when things went late in Sunday and many of us needed to drive back. When everyone is already checked out of their hotels and the weekend is winding down, it can seem tiresome and disappointing to *then* pull out what you've been waiting all weekend to wear. I'm a little embarassed by how bitchy/crabby I was while commiserating with other cosplayers and complaining to a staff member, and I've resolved now to keep in mind that con events should not always be dictated by cosplayers, since there are a lot more casual attendees who want to enjoy other events too.

That being said, I appreciate the division between skits and craftsmanship, since it's easier to stand in line for an hour rather than three. If it runs long, the audience gets restless and applause dies down toward the end, sucking majorly for the final contestants who hear sporadic golf claps.

I figure Metrocon is smart to showcase the spiffy events that set them apart from other cons on Saturday -- the chess match and anime idol.

Ew, that was long-winded and boorish 'n junk.

olemontecnoo -- Your first time in costume? Grats! You'll be snapping pics alongside fellow KH cosplayers in no time. :) No need to be nervous, it's a great series to start with!

olemontecnoo
03-17-2007, 09:17 AM
thank you =) there are always KH cosplayers around lol.

i've always like how metrocon was set up. i've never really had an issue with this con. i've been to other conventions where schedules become completely obsolete, and you're spending half your time waiting around for events to start.

Chiefy
03-19-2007, 11:38 AM
*revives thread* So I totally didnt think there was a Metro thread up. xD Im so excited about this years con! The costumes im doing will hopefully be eye catching.*winks at Foos* xP

Foos
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Chief, your costume list keeps growing and growing and growing. You haven't even put the Katamari plans on there yet. XD btw, you have to follow through on it. J and I are totally on board and ready to skip merrily behind the King and Queen. You still gonna audition for Idol? (Just smile and nod, because yes you are!) This weekend we need to have an official Metro brainstorm meeting.

Anyone going to the Risembool Ranger dinner and other events? I'm not, but a friend of mine is totally psyched for it, since she's a huge Vic fan. I'd like to be able to tell her other cosplayers will attend, not just casual attendees.

Is it sad I have three cons to go before Metrocon, but I'm still most excited for this one?

olemontecnoo
03-22-2007, 12:37 AM
i'm not sure about the dinner and events yet. i'm trying to convince my friend to go with me, but she's not sure about it either. i'm bring my little brother with me as well. so we'll see how it all turns out.

hey foos, where is animazement?

Chiefy
03-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Oooo the Ranger dinner ive been wanting to go to one! Just need some info on it. xD Shame on me for being a ranger and not knowing! :X

@Foos: I need to actually get rid of some things on my list like Kanaria and the Moogle and Suki even though i want to be Suki badly. >.< Queen of all Cosmos must be added soon cant wait to prance either. xD

Im like forcing myself to do all this math work and hoping some diety will let me pass my exam today so I wont die a most cruel death. DX

Foos
03-22-2007, 02:12 AM
hey foos, where is animazement?

Lol, in North Carolina. Don't worry, it's not a super secret Florida con that somehow slipped under the radar (though, I haven't heard anyone here talk about Assimilationcon yet!)

Lucifer
03-22-2007, 06:51 AM
(though, I haven't heard anyone here talk about Assimilationcon yet!)

That's because Assimilation (that's the name, no -con after it), is a Science Fiction only convention at the end of September. I'm sure buzz about it will begin once a few of the other conventions are under the belt. People tend to prioritize what's coming up soonest.

The fact this site is also more anime specific in regards to costuming, most non-anime related conventions aren't as heavily talked about as anime conventions.

Spookloops
03-22-2007, 08:49 AM
@Foos: I need to actually get rid of some things on my list like Kanaria and the Moogle and Suki even though i want to be Suki badly. >.< Queen of all Cosmos must be added soon cant wait to prance either. xD

Im like forcing myself to do all this math work and hoping some diety will let me pass my exam today so I wont die a most cruel death. DX

(shakes finger to fuss about math work and to encourage you that you'll do great on the exam.... but interestingly all you hear is record-scratch....)

/ontopic

I'm a complete noob to this con. I think it's awesome you guys are talking so much about the different events so I can get an idea of what I should try making a point of checking out.

Kiba_kun
03-22-2007, 09:29 AM
Anyone going to the Risembool Ranger dinner and other events? I'm not, but a friend of mine is totally psyched for it, since she's a huge Vic fan. I'd like to be able to tell her other cosplayers will attend, not just casual attendees.

I'll be going to the Ranger Dinner, no idea which costume I'll be wearing during it yet.

Oooo the Ranger dinner ive been wanting to go to one! Just need some info on it. xD Shame on me for being a ranger and not knowing! :X

All the info here. Metrocon Ranger Dinner (http://blomp.proboards80.com/index.cgi?board=cons&action=display&thread=1172020868&page=1). Look like atm the dinner is Friday and a pizza party on Saturday.

Spookloops
03-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I'll be going to the Ranger Dinner, no idea which costume I'll be wearing during it yet.

I'm not going to the dinner, but maybe I'll finally get to run into you at the con! We've managed to not run into each other for, what, 3 or 4 cons now? :toothy: There's a couple ppl like that, that I never seem to run into even though we go to the same cons....

Chiefy
03-22-2007, 12:12 PM
I was thinking about going to the dinner but your only allowed one or 2 guests and well SPOOK I LOVE U I WONT LEAVE U! xD But as for the Saturday pizza party I think its at the exact time I have a pizza party for Gaia. Creepy o.o

EGLpirate
03-22-2007, 01:48 PM
i should be going to Metro this year^-^
probly as SNJ Naruto

olemontecnoo
03-23-2007, 12:20 AM
i didn't realize florida had so many cons...i need to plan another con besides metro for this year...i'm thinking anime festival orlando! that would be determined by the money situation.

my costumes are giving me nightmares!

havokgrl
03-23-2007, 08:47 AM
my costumes are giving me nightmares!

I wish I had that problem I wanna start my costumes sooooooo bad, but I have a wedding coming up in the next 2 weeks so i cant do anything, my fiancee on the other hand already started his D costume :(

Kitsune
03-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Oh teh noes, the topic went all talky while I wasn't here! XD

If it makes any of you feel better, I haven't started on anything for Metro yet. Well, I bought wigs for Kabuto and Ein, but both need tons of work, and these will be my first wigs DX Mouse is going to take a lot out of me... and it's seeming less and less likely that I'll be dragging the kids along and doing that TP group.

Aleera
03-23-2007, 10:04 AM
I haven't started mine either, though I do own the lycra fabric and patterns. But that's because I'm making a crazy Amano costume for Jacon right now, so Metrocon costumes have to wait their turn. I'll have at least 1 new Final Fantasy costume debut for Metrocon though, it's a secret for now.

havokgrl
03-23-2007, 10:24 AM
I haven't started mine either, though I do own the lycra fabric and patterns.

I have my fabric and patterns. But i still have to get more fabric for my lining etc..

Kitsune
03-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't even have fabric. DX And only one pattern. I need to start on Mouse's wig-helmet soon.

olemontecnoo
03-24-2007, 12:49 AM
i just ruined my fabric for my namine! ahhh! lol. back to step 2. o_O

tsuoi_kaze
03-25-2007, 01:13 AM
I don't get my fabric for a few more days and I haven't even ordered the white vinyl yet DX
Luckily I don't need it for much.

And I'm wondering how I'm going to sew material onto my boots. Glue is not an option......crap.

On a lighter note, I found a 40% off cupon for joannes. Hopefully that and the remainder of a gift card will cover the rest of what I need for now....for now...

Hyper_Phantom
03-25-2007, 12:22 PM
On a lighter note, I found a 40% off cupon for joannes. Hopefully that and the remainder of a gift card will cover the rest of what I need for now....for now...
The remainder of a gift card?
How much fabric have you bought in this short ammount of time!!!?!!!1! DX

So yeah, Spring Break is pretty much over and I worked on no cosplay. I did slightly work on a kimono though, but it started annoying me, so it's sitting in my room. O_o...
I haven't started my cosplay for Metro either. I'm definately getting my fabric this weekend though.
Right now though, I'm gonna clean my room and recover from a massive sun burn that's the size of texas, on my back. x_x It's painful to sleep, but it's getting better. Lol. At least this is the first time I can say I went to the beach for Spring Break.

tsuoi_kaze
03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
The remainder of a gift card?
How much fabric have you bought in this short ammount of time!!!?!!!1! DX

One and a half yards of white twill, two different sizes of bais tape (for details, I don't want to screw up cutting out strips of fabric, bias tape is ready-made), some snaps, my pattern and I think there could be more, but I don't remember XD.

I still need 5 1/2 yards (according to the pattern...I seroiusly think I'm to short to need theat much) of Black twill which I either get tuesday or wednsday, one yard of white matte vinyl, two white zippers, my wig, gloves, and there is probably more but I don't have the list I made near me right now.

Yeah, that's alot-ish. lol

EDIT:
Oh yeah! I just remembered that I probably need supplies to make buttons (I still would rether buy them, they look hard to make) and also craft foam and silver spray paint for my cross-badge ^_^
I already have silver paint, but it has that wierd texture to it, so I have to get another kind XD

Foos
03-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Wow. ....I have NO idea how anyone without a job affords cosplay. I've been working steadily since I was sixteen to support my addicti-- ... hobby, and even then it is careful budgeting.

Do you guys give your folk round the clock foot massages or something? O.o

tsuoi_kaze
03-25-2007, 03:11 PM
I sometimes mooch of my parents, but usually my money comes from babysitting lol

The sad part is, if nobody needs a sitter, I'm screwed. Which is when I suck up to the parentals XD

I'd like to get a job...maybe this summer, after metrocon.

Hyper_Phantom
03-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Lol. I'm getting a job soon and it's gonna help a lot.
Otherwise, I just buy my stuff gradually. Like one little bit a month. Then most of the times I use the money my granny sends me. x3 Then when I go to Super Center Wal Mart with my mom for groceries I'd pass by the fabric section and pick up some stuff then ninja it into the huge pile of food. Lol XD But now that's been foiled because they dont carry fabric there anymore.

Aleera
03-25-2007, 10:29 PM
... Then when I go to Super Center Wal Mart with my mom for groceries I'd pass by the fabric section and pick up some stuff then ninja it into the huge pile of food. Lol XD But now that's been foiled because they dont carry fabric there anymore.
Most of them should carry fabric(all of the locations near me still do), but they are switching to pre-cut fabric eventually. They aren't doing away with the fabric section from what I've been told. Cosplay eats money so job always helps with minimizing your cost a bit.

Kitsune
03-26-2007, 07:44 AM
Well, looks like I'll be having a change of costume plans, limited to a secret character and Gojyo. I'll be having my slew of new, spifftastic cosplays (Kabuto, Ein, Mouse) at AFO.

But it's gonna rock. Hardcore. So freaking hardcore kick ass. =D

Hyper_Phantom
03-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Most of them should carry fabric(all of the locations near me still do), but they are switching to pre-cut fabric eventually. They aren't doing away with the fabric section from what I've been told. Cosplay eats money so job always helps with minimizing your cost a bit.
Where I live they only have one walmart with a fabric section for a certain area, and all the other walmarts wont carry it. It's weird. O_o;; Luckily, the closest wal mart to me is the one that carries the fabric. I don't go there that often though, I go to the other more because of groceries. Plus, I prefer JoAnns for my fabric needs.

tsuoi_kaze
03-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Was I the only one who didn't know that Tampa had two Hancocks? I really wanna check out one. Maybe THEY carry things like pleather/vinyl year round....But it's too late now anyways, I already ordered it online XD

But seroiusly, How is the selection at hancocks compaired to joannes? Because I have had almost no luck with joannes for this costume.

Lucifer
03-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Was I the only one who didn't know that Tampa had two Hancocks? I really wanna check out one. Maybe THEY carry things like pleather/vinyl year round....But it's too late now anyways, I already ordered it online XD

But seroiusly, How is the selection at hancocks compaired to joannes? Because I have had almost no luck with joannes for this costume.

Honestly, Joanns etc has ten times what Hancocks has. Though I've found a few gems once in a while when going there, their prices are MUCH more, and most of their stores aren't all that big to begin with.

Kiba_kun
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm not going to the dinner, but maybe I'll finally get to run into you at the con! We've managed to not run into each other for, what, 3 or 4 cons now? :toothy: There's a couple ppl like that, that I never seem to run into even though we go to the same cons....

Three sounds about rigth :), hope to see you at Jacon, Metrocon & AFO ^_^.

tsuoi_kaze
03-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Honestly, Joanns etc has ten times what Hancocks has. Though I've found a few gems once in a while when going there, their prices are MUCH more, and most of their stores aren't all that big to begin with.

Ok. Then maybe this particular costume is just cursed, because I've been having a hard time.

Not anymore though. I found everything I need ^_^
Now I just have to wait untill my fabric gets here...

PrincessHinata
03-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I will definitely be there! My boyfriend and I are cosplaying the two new trainers from the new Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl versions coming out in April. ^_^

olemontecnoo
03-28-2007, 09:19 PM
i decided to add one more costume after finding the perfect fabric monday! i'm so so excited for this convention! if you haven't see it already, metrocon 2007 now has a myspace lol.

Chiefy
03-29-2007, 03:46 PM
I owe Spook a lot for my costumes. xD Since im getting most of my ideas from her. <3 I cant wait until Metro!

thebunnyninja
03-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Whee so I might be able to go to metro-con. It'll be my first time going so I'm excited. is anyone coming from melbourne palm bay area? I wouldn't mind sharing rides. I just don't want to drive 3 hours by myself T.T But I don't know what to cosplay as, i want to do a sailr scout or actully finish my yoruchi costume for once. If any is doing any group cosplays (hey I'm up for lolita) let me no I'll start workling on mine now ^_^

tsuoi_kaze
03-30-2007, 04:43 PM
XD damn you myspace! You'll kill metrocon if you keep this up! T_T
(sorry, extreme hatred for myspace here)

I've said this on another thread, I'm sure. But my vinyl came and I get to pick up my twill tonight!

Which means I can finally begin work!
EDIT: Looks like it's only a slight chance that I'll be able to make it there tonight...tomorrow then

Pantsu_chan
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I've said this on another thread, I'm sure. But my vinyl came and I get to pick up my twill tonight!

Which means I can finally begin work!

YAY! I know what you mean about waiting for stuff to arrive....I'm waiting on a bunch of costume bits at the moment so I can't REALLY get going until they're here. On the flipside, I'm trying to finish up some other projects in the meantime (an Elvis shirt for my bf and some NCAA themed potholders for a friend).

Someone on the Metrocon forum posted that there are 98 days til the con...which scared the crap out of me! I need to get moving on these costumes, ARGH! I guess it doesn't help that I just added another one to the list either...

Chiefy
03-30-2007, 10:30 PM
You think 98 days is scary. XD I have 30 days until graduation NOW thats scary. Course take that away from 98 and thats frightening. LOL!

tsuoi_kaze
03-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I only have the one costume to make (finished the other WTF?!?!?!) but I'm worried.

I don't know why, my workload is only half (for some of you about a third) of what everyone else seems to be doing. I think I'm all "DX ack!" because I can't pay for it all at once, therefore, the costume is going to take longer to finish. I have to work untill I need something, wait untill I have more money, then buy what I need and continue working.
It's going to be a pain in the ass XD

olemontecnoo
03-31-2007, 12:58 AM
i have a bunch of stuff coming in the mail for my hachi costume. so i can't wait for that to arrive! making the shirt is going to kill me. it's so complicated. i'm proud to say i survived my first experience with ruffles or whatever. they were a pain as well!

i just started namine, and that costume is going to be easy. i'm almost done! lol.

98 days! that's so exciting!

Chiefy
03-31-2007, 01:33 PM
I still need lots for kirin.....like stuff for my crown ack! Right now my fingers feel like they are going to fall off from hand sewing the coller. <,< Hopefully I will have some progress pictures of Kirin posted tonight. ^_^;;

Miss Meru
03-31-2007, 04:20 PM
I keep changing my costume lineup for this convention! oO; I guess I'll be wearing my Hachi now too, since Saturday is NANA/707 Day.

I've started making the mock-up of Shampoo's dress, the pattern seems simple enough so far. Still need to order our wigs though!

Hyper_Phantom
03-31-2007, 06:19 PM
I should be buying my fabric for my cosplay, but I honestly still don't know what color I should go with. White, or black. =\

Chiefy
03-31-2007, 09:08 PM
HURRAY! Kirins blasted coller is finally sewn on! *dies* Ive added progress pictures in my album so go comment! xD

Hyper_Phantom
04-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Happy April Fools! Where are the lumberjacks? O.o

Chiefy
04-01-2007, 09:50 AM
lol. I forgot it was April first. ^^;;;;

Aleera
04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
It's April 1st, feels like it finally hit me (outside of the days countdown and my 1st con of the year coming up this month)... Metrocon is in a little over 3 months away. I can't start my new projects until after Jacon still (around 2 months until Metrocon). All though I have the my lycra supplies on hand. Still putting off ordering Kairi's 3 zippers online. But this is important to consider for those who can get an early start, power to you. Nothing in my post today was an April Fool's joke.

Chiefy
04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
You get to go to all the Cons I wish I could go to if I didnt have to worry about graduation Aleera. Lucky Lucky. Ive only started on my MetroCon stuff because thats the only Con I get to go to since its after graduation. xD

tsuoi_kaze
04-01-2007, 08:08 PM
I FINISHED ALLEN!

(bad april fools joke...I'm not in the mood for a good one)
I did get my fabric though. ^_^ now I can be happy for a minute

I believe I've encountered a problem I've never had to think about before. I cant decide whether to make my coat for my regular chest measurments or to include binding...*thinks*

Chiefy
04-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Oooo Tsuoi im in the same boat as you because im binding for Kirin. I would probably measure after binding. I dont like the idea of taking in anything last minute. ^^;;; BTW Finished Kirins coller WOOT! I just hope the paint looks ok I will have to post the finished product soon. ^_^

tsuoi_kaze
04-01-2007, 11:31 PM
I thought about that, I really don't want to end up having to take it all in (especially with half of the detail being sewn into the seams...that woud kill it X__x). I think what I'm going to do is make it somewhere inbetween my binding and regular measurments. I don't want it to look akwardly big, but I don't want it to be too small either DX (it's supposed to be a somewhat fitted coat)
I'd reather wear a costume that's a bit loose than one that's too small...

On a less confusing topic, my funds have raised! I might be able to afford my costume and ticket without having to worry about selling my soul after all!!!!!

Aleera
04-02-2007, 12:02 AM
...I might be able to afford my costume and ticket without having to worry about selling my soul after all!!!!!
Congratulations. :) (I prepaid mine early @ the $45 and still expensive then.)

And Chief-Chan, I still have college graduation(my minor) this summer. After Metrocon thank goodness. Great thing about college is getting to make your own schedule.

Foos
04-02-2007, 09:07 AM
:) Yay, two of my four costumes (One from Bleach and Renge from Ouran Host Club) are now ready to go! Just gotta work on cousin Ichigo from Katamari and one other nintendo costume, since I'm trying to do an equal number of both anime and game characters.

Chiiiiiiief! I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;3

Kitsune
04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
I'm only making one costume, but I have to have it done soon~ *flails*

God I'm so sore from Chess practice. DX It's going to be sooooo freaking worth it though. Everyone MUST see Anime Human Combat Chess. And not miss a second of it. Seriously.

Everything that's being planned makes me so giddy. I can't wait to see it all come together.

*dances*

Arisa
04-02-2007, 12:04 PM
For those of you who are running panels for Metrocon, I tried registering a NANA panel (for Nana day!), but the form wouldn't let me enter any information aside from the title of the panel. What do I do? D:

Also, when you submitted a panel for approval, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

Chiefy
04-02-2007, 03:52 PM
:) Yay, two of my four costumes (One from Bleach and Renge from Ouran Host Club) are now ready to go! Just gotta work on cousin Ichigo from Katamari and one other nintendo costume, since I'm trying to do an equal number of both anime and game characters.

Chiiiiiiief! I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;3

@Foos-How do u turn something so innocent into...something else. xD

Yay posted my finished coller thank god one thing for Kirins done. ^_^

Oh and Foos when u make the cousin head and are extremely successful with it do share your technique. *wink*

tsuoi_kaze
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm only making one costume, but I have to have it done soon~ *flails*

God I'm so sore from Chess practice. DX It's going to be sooooo freaking worth it though. Everyone MUST see Anime Human Combat Chess. And not miss a second of it. Seriously.

Everything that's being planned makes me so giddy. I can't wait to see it all come together.

*dances*

I was planning to watch all of it again this year because smeone else I know (can't really call him a friend, more of a friendly clasmate type-thing...he can't seem to remember mine or anyone else's name...XD) is in it. I watched it last year and you guys were great ^_^

WHY haven't I started? I know I need to start but I can't seem to even do so much as cut out my pattern.
I think it's the homework, but I'm not sure. I'll definately start this weekend. Four whole days to work on my costume!

Chiefy
04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Im so proud of myself! I finished my arms on Kirins robe. o.o Need to take it in lots still and start on the hard things like the belt,cuffs,skirt and of course the headress. ^^;;;;

Pantsu_chan
04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
The Metrocon events schedule was updated, yay! Here's some of the big stuff...

Anime Idol: Friday @ 3:30 PM
Chess Match: Sat & Sun @ 12:00 PM
Cosplay contest: Sat @ 3:00 PM
Costume contest: Sun @ 3:30 PM
Closing ceremony: Sun @ 5:00 PM

Does anyone know yet which of the costume times are craftsmanship vs. skit presentations?

olemontecnoo
04-03-2007, 01:47 AM
For those of you who are running panels for Metrocon, I tried registering a NANA panel (for Nana day!), but the form wouldn't let me enter any information aside from the title of the panel. What do I do? D:

Also, when you submitted a panel for approval, how long did it take for them to get back to you?

that's so exciting! i was hoping someone would do a nana panel ^_^

Kitsune
04-03-2007, 07:12 AM
Cosplay Contest - Skit Presentation

Costume Contest - Craftsmanship

Why am I in five panels? DX

SunakoChan
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
XD I have no freaking clue as to what I'm bringing! If my costumes turn out well for JACON then I might be wearing something from that.. I think I'll only attend on Saturday. So much money to earn.. so little time >.<

Chiefy
04-03-2007, 04:31 PM
The Metrocon events schedule was updated, yay! Here's some of the big stuff...

Anime Idol: Friday @ 3:30 PM
Chess Match: Sat & Sun @ 12:00 PM
Cosplay contest: Sat @ 3:00 PM
Costume contest: Sun @ 3:30 PM
Closing ceremony: Sun @ 5:00 PM

Does anyone know yet which of the costume times are craftsmanship vs. skit presentations?

Oh jeez why cant they move the costume contest to Saturday. >.< Oh look Foos Anime Idols on Friday bwahahahaha. xD

Pantsu_chan
04-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh jeez why cant they move the costume contest to Saturday. >.< Oh look Foos Anime Idols on Friday bwahahahaha. xD

Arghhh, tell me about it...I don't want to do a skit, nor do I relish doing 1/2 my drive home in the dark. At least I'm driving away from the setting sun...

But YAY Anime Idol on Friday (except I have to make sure I leave Miami on time, lol)! I need to narrow down my song choices...

Chiefy
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
I was thinking of trying out for Idol but now that its on Friday no way! xD I get to nervous about those sort of things. Im going to wear my costume im entering the costume contest on Saturday anyways. Still dont understand why its on Sunday when everythings wound down and people want to dress lazily. >.<

tsuoi_kaze
04-03-2007, 11:17 PM
XD I'd never try out for idol. I can't sing!
It's fun to watch though, so I'll definately try to get there.

No costume progress, no news. T_T

Foos
04-04-2007, 01:34 AM
I was thinking of trying out for Idol but now that its on Friday no way! xD I get to nervous about those sort of things. Im going to wear my costume im entering the costume contest on Saturday anyways. Still dont understand why its on Sunday when everythings wound down and people want to dress lazily. >.<

;____; Chief, I will PM you furiously for this. *shakes fist*

As for Sunday being the costume contest day -- ENJOY IT. Dudes, now you don't have to sacrifice main events to stand in the pre-judging line. I know the time *sucks* for driving (Seriously! I have to be at work in Kissimmee bright and early Monday), but I'm happy that I can watch people perform in the chess match, attend panels, goof off, do Idol, etc *before* having to enter the dark world of line-waiting in uncomfortable shoes. :bigtu:

Vinylgrrl -- I feel your pain. :| There should be a "How to prepare for Idol" panel or something.

havokgrl
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Well w/ the prejudging, from what I went threw last yr. They give everyone a number up until the cut off, then so they dont have to waste time just sitting there, they tell a certain amount of ppl to come back at a certain time for there prejuding and so forth that way they can enjoy some panels etc... just make sure you get to your scheduled time on time or else you lose your spot.
but im sure it well go more smoothly than what happened last year. but it was still fun. :)

NiGHTmaren
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah, last year was chaos because us judges were in Chess Match, and it went over - we would have liked to have started judging sooner, really, but things went beyond our control. This year, I'm neither a judge nor in Chess Match (buu), and I'm still not sure if I can even be at Metro...mainly an issue of transportation.

Aleera
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
Arghhh, tell me about it...I don't want to do a skit, nor do I relish doing 1/2 my drive home in the dark. At least I'm driving away from the setting sun...

But YAY Anime Idol on Friday (except I have to make sure I leave Miami on time, lol)! I need to narrow down my song choices...
Assuming I get accepted, I have to leave Coral Springs on time too. (I shouldn't complain since Miami people have 1/2-1 hour more commute than me.) But with the news I'm going to have to edit what I've leaked from my Metrocon schedule in a few places(forums/cosplay sites). I just hope there will be enough time between A.I. and the Masquerade since I'd like to try to do both.

And I know I should be more excited about Chess Match but hardly anyone I know made it. Where in past years the cast was full of hard working cosplayers I knew. I wish I would have more enthusiasm back for the event. And I hope they don't spoil anymore anime that I haven't seen all the episodes of for me again like last year with FMA.

Chiefy
04-04-2007, 05:16 PM
Dont kill me Foos! xD

Im hoping to work a bit on my costume this weekend and maybe get my skirt out of the way for Kirin. I also need lots of tassles I either need to spend almost $80 on them or make some. ^^;;

olemontecnoo
04-05-2007, 12:21 AM
well namine is almost finished ^_^ i'll be happy to get one costume out of the way. i haven't heard any news about my t-shirt or fabric needed to do hachi. has anyone bought anything from cartoonpassions.com? i should have checked before i bought anything o_O

tsuoi_kaze
04-05-2007, 12:55 AM
I found the perfect wig for Allen on ebay. Another c.com member who got the same wig said it was great, and I looked at the price and even with shipping it'll be cheaper than anything I'll find anywhere else.(about $22 with shipping)

But I don't know the password to the ebay account XD
which means I'll have to get my dad to order it.....oh god, I feel a nerd talk coming on. If he calls me a geek or something like that one more time, I'll make him a speed racer costume to proove that I got it from him. *evil grin*
That'll shut him up.

olemontecnoo
04-06-2007, 12:09 AM
I found the perfect wig for Allen on ebay. Another c.com member who got the same wig said it was great, and I looked at the price and even with shipping it'll be cheaper than anything I'll find anywhere else.(about $22 with shipping)

But I don't know the password to the ebay account XD
which means I'll have to get my dad to order it.....oh god, I feel a nerd talk coming on. If he calls me a geek or something like that one more time, I'll make him a speed racer costume to proove that I got it from him. *evil grin*
That'll shut him up.

my parents were making fun of me as well today! as i was finishing namine they kept calling it the wilma dress from the flinstones. that doesn't make me feel good about the costume at all...

Taisa_Azudragon
04-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Ok well I now know my Naruto costume will be done in time for Metro, but Rukia's another thing = = might not make it in time.

And they've posted tryout information on the Mascarade on the site now :)
I wish I could audition for Roy...sadly I wouldn't be able to make it to all of the rehersals.

Chiefy
04-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Ok well I now know my Naruto costume will be done in time for Metro, but Rukia's another thing = = might not make it in time.

And they've posted tryout information on the Mascarade on the site now :)
I wish I could audition for Roy...sadly I wouldn't be able to make it to all of the rehersals.

I was expecting Bleach to also be on there for the Masq since it was on the preview AMV. I wuld try out but I already made plans for costumes. If the info had come out months ago like it was sappost to then I would gladly try out. xD But anyways now im off to Orlando for a some much needed sewing with Spook. ^^

Miss Meru
04-06-2007, 10:43 AM
I haven't really had time to work on costumes, but at least I figured out which wigs to get for Shampoo.

3 more months until Metro!! <333

NiGHTmaren
04-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Since I can't afford Expo (ugh), I might be going to Metro now. That and I want to meet Yaya Han, and it's the only con coming up soon that will have room for me to wear Rydia. I will be trying out for the part of Momiji in the Masquerade, wish me luck.

Aleera
04-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Since I can't afford Expo (ugh), I might be going to Metro now. That and I want to meet Yaya Han, and it's the only con coming up soon that will have room for me to wear Rydia. I will be trying out for the part of Momiji in the Masquerade, wish me luck.
Sorry about Expo, but it'd be nice if you can make Metrocon. I'll be at another convention during tryouts but I wish everyone luck and I might still wear Tohru (winter) to Masq.

Miss Meru
04-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Good luck Janet !! <333 Sucks about AX, I know how you feel with that one~ at least I can hopefully see you now, and maybe next year we'll BOTH make it out to AX ^_^

purejade
04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
I will be Hopefully be going to Metro Con this year. I have no idea what I'm going to wear :P. I might be Sakura from Tsubasa one day. If nothing else I will wear my Piyo Piyo apron. If anyone has a suggestion from my costume list below, then suggest it :). Thanks :)

SunakoChan
04-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I might be Sakura from Tsubasa one day. If anyone has a suggestion from my costume list below, then suggest it :). Thanks :)

Sakura!!! :toothy:

tsuoi_kaze
04-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm already the last post, so I'll just edit this one.
I bought my wig today! Now I just have to wait for shipping from China...-_-...gotta love ebay.

purejade- I agree with SunakoChan! Sakura gets my vote ^_^

Digitallica
04-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Metrocon will be the first con I'll compete in.

I'm putting together a FFXII group, but I plan on just me and my Judge Gabranth to be entering the costume contest.

Hopefully the next Metrocon will run smoother than the last, for everyone. ^^;

Foos
04-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Meesh, go for Sakura! Lol, I made the Koriyo version two years ago when there was only a single artbook image out with a different look than the anime, plus I misspell it to this day thanks to bad Chinese fansubs. Do it some justice, dude! ;)

Also, anyone see the Loyalty policy on the Metrocon page? I think it's awesome that Metro recognizes and understands its own power/value as an active participation con. :) Now people can keep their roles in the chessmatch/masquerade from year to year.

Oh! And Idol info is finally up. YAY!

Aleera
04-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Glad to see A.I. info is now up. I have until June 1st to get it recorded and the uploading process sounds great (especially if I can use my college's bandwidth for it).

It's tempting to compete with Ashe or another costume. I just wish I didn't live so far away from the convention, as far as commuting home goes. And summer classes the day after the convention. Hmm... Time shall tell.

P.S. : Just finished printing the A.I. form and it says 2006 on top of it. I hope it's okay or we'll be notified if a new one comes out for the competition.

Pantsu_chan
04-09-2007, 08:18 PM
Yay AI!!!!!! Now I reeeeeally need to pick a song for sure...no more waffling!

Just a random quick question for people entering AI...how are you planning on recording your song for pre-judging? I recently got an Intel iMac, and after being a PC person for many years am feeling a little dumb regarding recording audio with it. If I can record myself singing the words, than I can merge that with the song's karaoke track using Audacity (I think...), but I'm not sure how to go about getting my vocals digitized. Just wondering if anyone has thoughts/tips on the matter. Many thanks in advance!

And in costume news...I think I'm adding Tsunade to the list (already have everything but the shoes, top, and jacket...easy) XD

Taisa_Azudragon
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
oooh AI...I'd love to compete but I'm not really good at coordinating a dance onstage ):

Miss Meru
04-09-2007, 11:04 PM
OMG Aleera, you win for making Marin. I love that game so much! <3

Foos
04-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Just a random quick question for people entering AI...how are you planning on recording your song for pre-judging?

I've had serious problems with audacity as far as saving files to mp3 format, but I'm also an idiot with tech matters. I dl'ed that other software that is required to convert files, but meh. No good. Since I have 'til June, I'm gonna try and find a friend with a better system. Also, picking a song would help me, too. :|

As for the 2006 date on the AI entry, I don't think any rules have changed, so they are probably just recycling the old forms.

makio
04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
Before I hop to a completely different MetroCon topic -- I will say that Anime Idol is a lot of fun, especially if you happen to pick a song that gets the crowd involved or pumped. I did it the first year it was introduced and had a blast. I definitely encourage anyone and everyone interested to give it a shot.

And now as aformentioned, the other topic I was going to mention was a request for a gathering/photoshoot on Saturday. I don't have an exact time of when to hold the meet-up yet - I figure I'd ask everyone first to see if there was any kind of perked interest first. Myself and a couple of friends are going in METAL GEAR saga theme(feel free to follow suit! pun intended)due to the 20 year anniversary this year, and to support Solid Snake in the Chess Match. :bigtu:

tsuoi_kaze
04-13-2007, 03:55 PM
And now as aformentioned, the other topic I was going to mention was a request for a gathering/photoshoot on Saturday. I don't have an exact time of when to hold the meet-up yet - I figure I'd ask everyone first to see if there was any kind of perked interest first. :bigtu:

The funny thing is; I got on here to ask if there was going to be a meetup or photoshoot for cosplay.com this year!

:bigtu:

havokgrl
04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
The funny thing is; I got on here to ask if there was going to be a meetup or photoshoot for cosplay.com this year!

:bigtu:

im up for it, we had one last yr and it was fun!

Kaniki
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Yay! There's a thread. XD -so slow-

This is only my second con like.. ever. ^^; I'm super excited too! ^^

I'll be going as Sailor Saturn with a Sailor Moon Group and we're going to compete in the cosplay contest. We just have to practice our skit. >>;;

Pantsu_chan
04-14-2007, 02:58 AM
I agree, we should definitely do a cosplay.com meetup! I have NO clue what I'm wearing when yet...as I keep freaking adding costumes to my list, argh!

I really need to just cut myself off right now at 4, because my brain is already exploding from the amount of work I still need to do!

purejade
04-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Foos: My Sakura costume is basically like yours but a little shinnyier, and the petals of the skirt are transparent. I'm also adding embroidery to the top. Yeah. Well that is officially the next costume I'm finishing :)

Eclipseofsorrow
04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is anyone setting up a Final Fantasy Photoshoot time? I definately want to take Leviathan for a run, and Roy already said I had permission to remove him from the back room to go to a shoot. However, I have too much on my plate to schedule one and advertise it and all. xD Hopefully, it's at a good time. I was thinking out on the deck? area would be good for it. Outside anywhere, really. =D Let me know if anyone is making one, or has already and I just passed it by.

Foos
04-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but is anyone setting up a Final Fantasy Photoshoot time?

I'm sure there will be one scheduled closer to convention time, when people have finalized their plans. I'll definitely bring Gogo, the moogle or something new for a shoot, since I always miss 'em. Can't wait to see the Leviathan!

Purejade: Embroidery? Awesome! I'll be sure to snap a pic of you while I'm there :D

I second the cosplay.com meetup. Maybe a week or two before the con we should hammer an exact time/location out.

Chiefy
04-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Arg schools kicking my arse! T_T I ended up taking apart my coller for Kirin because its to short....im so picky. And posted ghetto pics of Kirin! xD

tsuoi_kaze
04-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Arg schools kicking my arse! T_T I ended up taking apart my coller for Kirin because its to short....im so picky. And posted ghetto pics of Kirin! xD

I sort of know what you mean. I have three HUGE papers due in late april/early may so I have almost no time to work on my costume T_T

And did I mention that I hate shipping from China?

Chiefy
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
I sort of know what you mean. I have three HUGE papers due in late april/early may so I have almost no time to work on my costume T_T

And did I mention that I hate shipping from China?

I have projects too. Evil senior year!!!! T 3T

Yes shipping from China is evil....why must it take so long. xD

tsuoi_kaze
04-15-2007, 11:27 PM
I have projects too. Evil senior year!!!! T 3T

Yes shipping from China is evil....why must it take so long. xD

Be glad you're almost out of the dreaded high school era, I'm only halfway through! DX (yay for the class of 2009...-_-)

And not to mention that shipping from China is expensive! I spent almost as much on shipping as I did on the wig!

Miss Meru
04-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Mmmkay, so I sorta just decided to make another costume to make for Metro. FABULOUS. XD;

Now I'm making like 4 costumes (including Matt's Ranma) for this thing. <3

Spookloops
04-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Umm... I actually made progress on Makara! (SHOCK) There's a couple of pics up now, so having something new for Metro is suddenly looking feasible for me... Now I just need to get crackin' on the cosplay I'm actually SUPPOSED to be wearing or I will incur holy wrath of Chief-chan and Foos, and fail myself.....

purejade
04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh FF snapshoot. I might bring Auron then. I don't know. I'm still working on the petals right now.

Digitallica
04-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm finally heading up a cosplay group, for Final Fantasy XII.

So far we've got a Gabranth, Larsa, Rasler, Ashe, Reks, Fran, Balthier, and Vossler. Hopefully I'll be able to recruit a full cast by Metrocon.

Kitsune
04-17-2007, 10:59 AM
OMFG, I live again~

College is eating my soul. Only a week and a half left... but so much to do in that week and a half. *sobs* 70 pages of stuff to write. </wrists>

Mmyeah. >>

But! I come with an update for my costume schedule... and this one I can share with everyone! XD I've been chosen to play Zoicite in the Fantasy Masquerade! Excitement abounds~!

Can't wait until classes are over and I can get to work on my costumes. DX

Lucifer
04-17-2007, 11:39 AM
I've been chosen to play Zoicite in the Fantasy Masquerade! Excitement abounds~!

So I ask, are you going to be Zoisite (male) or Zoycite (female)? If Zoisite...are we getting to enjoy such yaoi icons at the masquerade?

Kitsune
04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Zoisite. Hee, and the girl who played Ran in the chess match is my Kunzite. *clings* Should be interesting.

Chiefy
04-17-2007, 06:20 PM
OMFG, I live again~

College is eating my soul. Only a week and a half left... but so much to do in that week and a half. *sobs* 70 pages of stuff to write. </wrists>

Mmyeah. >>

But! I come with an update for my costume schedule... and this one I can share with everyone! XD I've been chosen to play Zoicite in the Fantasy Masquerade! Excitement abounds~!

Can't wait until classes are over and I can get to work on my costumes. DX

Ooooo I can so see you as Zoicite! Im going to have to "accidently" run into like I did at MegaCon! Grats on getting the part!

sleepin95beauty
04-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread the first time I looked for it in here...but I've been looking for this thread for forever. I'm hoping to go, but I've never been before.

havokgrl
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM
im seriously slacking on getting started on my costume, my husband on the other hand is WAY ahead of me. I just bought my wig, now I just need to figure out a way to put it up. :( I'll Eventually get to my costume...............:)

Chiefy
04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
I havent been able to do much at all either due to school stuff. As soon as its out of the way Cosplay Heaven!!! xD Just 25 more days till its over. WOOOOOOOT!! ^___^

tsuoi_kaze
04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
*is also counting days untill summer*

I still haven't started. My schedule is all school projects (I think I'm up to six now) and THEN I can work on my costume. I'm so sick of MLA format DX I think I'll make a post entierly in it by accident.....

Wig still hasn't come, but that's not really news. I think I'll ask around to see how to make my buttons. I thought I had an idea but it isn't going to work, so it's back to the drawing board. YAY for bad ideas.

Foos
04-20-2007, 06:20 PM
*is also counting days untill summer*

I still haven't started. My schedule is all school projects (I think I'm up to six now) and THEN I can work on my costume. I'm so sick of MLA format DX I think I'll make a post entierly in it by accident.....

Wig still hasn't come, but that's not really news. I think I'll ask around to see how to make my buttons. I thought I had an idea but it isn't going to work, so it's back to the drawing board. YAY for bad ideas.

MLA HANDBOOKS CAN FRAKKIN' GO TO HELL AND DIE AND WATCH BEN AFFLECK MOVIES FOR ALL ETERNITY. Dude, I hate MLA format so, so much. I feel for you, I really do.

dennisud2015
04-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Ok peeps here's the deal, I am planning with Rachel AKA Shaina-Nowhere, and Negative Dreamer, a skit based on the Song "Soldier-A" by one of our favorite VA's Vic Mignogna!

I need the following cosplayers:

-Roy Mustang
-Edward Elric
-Riza Hawkeye
-Louis Armstrong
-Jean Havoc
-Maes Hughes

A FMA soldier non-com

Let me know if you want IN ASAP!

Mr.D

Aleera
04-21-2007, 10:13 PM
OMG Aleera, you win for making Marin. I love that game so much! <3 Thank you.
It's also a possibility that I might wear Rosa again to Metrocon.

As for A.I. recording. It would be so easy if only I owned a mac laptop I could sing straight into with sound recorder. Well after Jacon, when summer term starts, I will inquire about recording. If I get any useful information then I will pass it on.

purejade
04-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Still hoping to have a craft table there :)

Spookloops
04-23-2007, 09:09 AM
Foos told me there will be another Katamari King... T.T I'm still doing it though, and I'll have the cutest Queen ever.... I'm still sad though..

NiGHTmaren
04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Man, I wanna be the Prince one of these days...and with the new Katamari game in production, it makes me want to make him. =_= I also want to do an EGL Queen of these days.

NecroticNymph
04-23-2007, 07:21 PM
I'll be going to Metro...probably as Fiore from Chrono Crusade. I'll be with Krov, my Demon Aion <3

Hope to see you all there.

Tranquility
04-23-2007, 07:44 PM
I can't wait for Metrocon..I have been every year so I can't miss it. It's usually on my birthday though, but not this year. I am excited about the new hotel that's attached to the convention center. Is anyone else staying there?

My costumes for this year will be Itachi and my Akatsuki group from Naruto, Lilith from Darkstalkers, and Nana Osaki from NANA. Should be fun!

Chiefy
04-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Foos told me there will be another Katamari King... T.T I'm still doing it though, and I'll have the cutest Queen ever.... I'm still sad though..

That poser!!!! >;( Oh well that person wont have a Queen or cousins or if he/she does then well he/she is a copy cat and needs to commit seppuku!!! xD Dont be sad Spook im sure you will be in the spotlight! ^.~

@Tranquility: I love your Akatsuki group!!! Its so creative. ^_^ Me Spook and Foos are all staying in the new hotel too hope to see you there. ;3