PDA

View Full Version : Kimono Gathering?

Reaver
01-10-2007, 01:15 AM
I've been wanting to have one of these forever! Its just a general kimono gathering. Anyone with a kimono based (or traditional japanese) outfit is welcome. I actually have made several novelty kimonos, one of which I may wear (by meaning I have one made of cowprint XD). Just wondering if anyone would like to join me!

Kurai_811
01-12-2007, 03:51 AM
thatd be awesome! if only i knew how the hell to put mine on... x_x but you should suggest this for AX or a larger con, you'll prolly get more ppl. you dont see many kimonos at smaller, or even large cons, so sad. but, this is an awesome idea even though i wont be in mine at ALA, g'luck1 ^__^

RivetSPOOn
01-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Figure out a time and day. ^_^ I have a nice black one with red flowers that I'm trying to make in time.

RosyAristocracy
01-12-2007, 06:54 PM
That would be awesome if we could get enough people! I wasn't planning to bring mine (it isn't a real kimono, I forgot what it's called >_>) but I could if we did this ^_^

Sonsko-chan
01-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Kaze: Yukata?

Sounds fun. Dunno if I can though, due to cosplay gatherings and time conflictions and whatnot. I might swing by for pictures though. I dunno if mine's a real kimono, it's silk, orange, very pretty, but is totally not super extravagant.

Winter Divinity
01-12-2007, 07:55 PM
I have a yukata. The sleeves are shorter than the kimono. Can I bring that?

RosyAristocracy
01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Kaze: Yukata?

It might be. It has shorter sleeves (I think) and it isn't silk. I think it's one that is used for either sleeping or for the summer...

Michi
01-12-2007, 09:42 PM
Ah man, I have two kimono character costumes in progress, but I doubt either'll be done for ALA. That would be such a fun group photo!