PDA

View Full Version : Do anyone live in the richmond area want to have a pinic gathering?

twinkie
01-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I mean, i've seen pictures of these things and i wanted t go t ne, BUT seeing as there are none in richmond, would anyone want to start one? Or maybe a pizza -party.... anything....

BouXKanon
01-11-2007, 10:20 PM
I am all for starting something up in Richmond to prolong the Convention/Cosplay experience! I've wanted to get something started here for a while, but so far no response (partially because no one has really seen it sadly) so yeah keep me posted and I can help set it up, I love setting up stuffs like this!!!
-Bou Girl:bigtu:

twinkie
01-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Maybe we could have a get together at maymount park (You know... on the south side of richmond.)

It'll be free and people would bring food/ snakcks and stuff. And photoshoots, animal farm, japanese garden, etc. it'll be fun!

Lumasnati
01-13-2007, 12:53 PM
It would be fun. -nod- I live in woodbridge but this would be fun. <3333

twinkie
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Yay! We could have one after katsucon (like a week after it)

Lumasnati
01-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Ummm... Bad idea. XDD It'll be cold. You want to wait so that it warms up and people who wear... revealing cosplay [AKA: SnJ cosplay] can wear it without freezing. XDD

And people are going to be broke after Katsucon.

BouXKanon
01-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Awesome, I love Maymont! Everyone can dress up and we can do lunch and shit!

Gogglegirl
01-15-2007, 02:59 PM
cooooooooool~! I wanna go~!! That would be fun. ^^

I agree that it would be better when its warmer. We should wait until there are leaves on the trees....pictures look prettier when there aren't dead trees around, ne?

BouXKanon
01-15-2007, 05:08 PM
*sigh* who wants to be sensible....ok ok fine wait until its warmer...but its such a WARM winter...its weird. I hope it stays like this all winter! And the leaves on the trees thing....I think thats a good idea lol

Tenshinoitami1
01-18-2007, 12:12 AM
omg there are COSPLAYERS in RICHOMOND!?

why do I feel like an outcast? oh wait..maybe its cause I'm not from Richmond, hate teh city and only live on Park Street for school

BouXKanon
01-18-2007, 09:47 AM
The city is kinda meh, not that Short Pump (where I am) is any better. Im gonna be down that way today, but yes! There ARE cosplayers in Richmond! We need to find them all and make it a big thing so that we're not all bored and miserable when theres not a con to go to!

twinkie
01-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Yes, you all are right (The weather beens acting funny .... COLD!) we should wait 'till it's warmer. P.S- there has to be tons of us because i see alot of us at AMA!

I.N.K.
01-18-2007, 06:59 PM
K:That would be fun...if I was able to go...my parents don't let me do things like that a lot...though with my other friends, I might...I don't live that far from Maymont.

Nekko
01-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I live in henrico, I would be happy to go when its warmer and can bring Robert/Luffy with me. Anyone like deviled eggs?

twinkie
01-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I LOVE DEVILED EGGS!!!! OMG.... my mom makes the best (I think...)

We should do it in the spring time since the trees are beautiful then!

BouXKanon
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Look if people are really set on this I think we should start it earlier...BUT not outside, do it inside somewhere... just cause I think we need to do something small to start then see how it goes to see if its even a good idea at all. Im honestly quite anxious to get this thing started if we're gonna do it....I am a major planner...I like throwing parties and such, and I really love planning any sort of get togethers so Im sure I can come up with somewhere inside to start it off!

Plus there wouldn't be any money involved (outside of gas to get to the place, and if you bring food...that'd technically be money) but no cover fee or anything! Its supposed to be fun not expensive!

Lumasnati
01-20-2007, 03:29 PM
If we do it inside, that means money because we'd need money to pay for somewhere to host it at. Outside = Free. Everyone can bring something from home... You need to spend a litte to host something. It will be fine. We all make something to eat, bring something to drink, provide entertainment or bring things to eat on.

Either way, something is going to cost money no matter how you try to come at it. It won't take an entry fee because a small portion of help would be the fee. Like plates, cupcakes or drinks!

Mmm.. Cupcakes...

Nekko
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
What about Dorey park? thas free right?

I think this would be an awsome photoshoot chance!

BouXKanon
01-21-2007, 08:37 AM
Well here's my thing....I happen to know of a couple of ways I MAY be able to get us somewhere inside for FREE so that would elminate the issue of money for a space. Like I said I love planning parties and since I do it enough, I have made a few connections! And even when its nice and warm outside, it we wanted to do it and that day its miserable and it rains, then we need a backup SOOOO let me see what I can do to come up with a free inside space ^_^

Nekko
01-21-2007, 12:01 PM
whaaa It's sleeting and raining today!

Hey wait... Tht means.... FREE sewing time!

samt03
01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
AkuseruRokusesu said I should mention this here, if you guys are looking for space and don't mind the cosplaying members of my club being there I can get ahold of space for your event, for free. There's a really good chance I can get this room: http://www.usca.vcu.edu/es/docs/Commonwealth%20Ballroom.pdf if I have enough warning.

twinkie
01-22-2007, 12:44 PM
well, i'm OKAY w/ planning things but not the best.... so.... uh yeah. I know of drey park but i've never been there and yes, it should be free since it's just fun, ya know?

Nekko
01-23-2007, 09:39 AM
This should be kinda a potluck thing right?

Necessities:
drinks
Plates, cups
napkins
plasticware
snacks like pretzles, chips, apples,

and then It depends on where we are that decides what would be best to eat.

twinkie
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Yes it should.
people start picking out what your going to bring!

(I'll do drinks and plates.)

Nekko
01-23-2007, 08:12 PM
I can have deviled eggs and napkins covered... Robert will bring my special watergate salad....

Gogglegirl
01-23-2007, 10:02 PM
I'll probably end up bringing cookies or cupcakes or some sort of baked-good....all I can make is deserts.....

BouXKanon
01-24-2007, 08:30 AM
So when exactly are we doing this? I suggest we do it NOT on a Saturday but on a Sunday! We need to figure that out before we start planning what we are going to bring....but I'll bring chips and dip of some sort...oh and cups so we got something to drink the drinks out of!

Nekko
01-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Sundays are good for me! So what about that inside room you were talking about Bou? Does it have tables and chairs?

BouXKanon
01-24-2007, 09:20 AM
IF i can pull it off I think we'll need chairs and tables, people are going to want to sit down and not be standing in costumes for all eternity of being there. We want this to be fun, not painful lol. We can have music (I have over a day and a half's worth of J-pop and j-rock music i can burn) and come up with some way to do the photoshoots, backgrounds and lighting and whatnot. Ok well, I have to get to class, *sigh* kill me now. But I shall return later! Oh and anyone that wants to talk to me outside of forums (which gets a bit annoying sometimes to me at least) my IM contacts are on my page, so talk to me that way if you want to ok ^_^

Nekko
01-24-2007, 11:33 AM
Maymont park likes a 15 day notice when groups of 10 or more visit. But Dorey dosn't care. Both have places for large groups and at Dorey we can play our music. Both places have numerous photo ops. But I know we will have to pay if we go to Maymont. Hey Bou Is this place your scoping near Dorey? Cause then It would be an easy thing to have the party in your place then go to dorey and have photo fun.

BouXKanon
01-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Well for the first one I think since it IS cold out and no one is going to want to stand around outside, we should have the whole thing inside. Now what I propose it not to talk about all this online, and to get a very very few of us together and plan all this out....part of my party planning experience has taught me that not being prepared means its gonna suck, and not being able to see who and what you are working with is gonna make it suck too. So why don't we get together and plan this out the right way!

Nekko
01-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Where? and I can't do anything on weekdays.

BouXKanon
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
thats fine....we can get together on a weekend morning...like say maybe this sunday morning at a panera or something? Im just throwing out ideas now

Nekko
01-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Which one? The one in mechanicsville near target?

BouXKanon
01-25-2007, 01:23 AM
Well first we need to figure out one central to everyone....I am out in Short Pump >_< So if we can find middle ground, that'd be cool, and it doesn't have to be a Panera...just somewhere we can all go, get free wireless internet so I can use my laptop and some good Sunday morning yummies, Im happy!

Nekko
01-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Can't find wifi anywhere thats not a hotel... So I guess the Panera place it is. And the only one within 10 miles from me is the one in mechanicsville. I have to bring my Sister with me in case you are all over forty perverted old men. "My moms thinking not mine -_-'" And it's her birthday sunday too. Danielle does not like anime but she does like Avatar and Power Rangers...

twinkie
01-25-2007, 01:30 PM
Well, i have no problem getting to shortpump (i live 2 blocks from regency)

we should do it this weekend. (the meeting!)

Nekko
01-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Alright everyone we are meeting together at a Starbucks in Carytown at 10 am 3555 W Cary St, Richmond, VA 23221, SUNDAY

Please be there if you want some say in what is going to go on.

twinkie
01-26-2007, 01:45 PM
wait.... this sunday? if so, okay.

Nekko
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Yes this sunday... I talked to Bou on yahoo and we decide that this place was smack dab in the middle perfect.

BouXKanon
01-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Wait who's getting smacked???? I hope not me....that'd hurt bad >_< Im so excited for tomorrow! *dances* I really want to get this shit moving!

Nekko
01-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I can't friggan wait! OMGhabalaughaga!

Im going to be the brunette wearing the Hot topic Naruto hoodie, jeans and boots.

BouXKanon
01-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I have NO idea what I'll be wearing but if you see my myspace you know what i Look like anyways, so it'll be kinda obvious...or maybe i'll just be Bou again....

Nekko
01-27-2007, 02:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg

I just had to post this. It was the best I have evar seen. And I would love to do somthing like this at Otakon

BouXKanon
01-27-2007, 05:36 PM
Thats awesome, get a whole bunch of people to do it....rock on!

Nekko
01-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Yeah but I need people nearby so we could practice, everyon I know isn't going to Otakon or lives in another state...

BouXKanon
01-28-2007, 09:02 AM
l am perpetually early everywhere, so here I sit in Starbucks alone, waiting for people to arrive. Go me :bigtu:

Nekko
01-28-2007, 02:59 PM
You wern't alone for long..... That *meeting* was wicked fun!

I.N.K.
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
K: We wern't able to make it because we are just high school students and we had exams coming up...Maybe another time...or at a con...

twinkie
01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
The meeting was fun! i can't believe you got my friend to be willing to go as hardgay.... XD

Nekko
01-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Has he seen a picture of hardgay yet?

BouXKanon
01-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Yeah remember I showed him the pic on my laptop? But he needs to go on YouTube and look up Hard Gay and see what he acts like and looks like so he can really do it right. It'll be great!

Nekko
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
I sent Twinky a couple of vids to show Drew. Hard gay is HILARIOUS!
Oh! And I'd like to thank you guys for your emails! They were delicious when I ate them. Errr I mean when I read them. :) I went to Dorey, Maymont and Bryd park today...

BouXKanon
01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Ok so I set up the Myspace group! The link is: http://groups.myspace.com/VACosplayClub
and anyone I have as a friend on myspace who I know wants to be in it, I invited, but spread the word and lets get all of richmond, va's cosplayers out!!!

twinkie
01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
I think i'm in love with hardgay, he's hilarious!!!!! XD
Why haven't anyone exposed me to this earlier?!?!

well, drew is at work now but i'll talk to him @ 11pm and tell him to watch the videos. He will be shocked, XD

I.N.K.
01-30-2007, 04:43 PM
K: BLAH BLAH!
You guys should have another meeting...when my parents arn't pissed at me and when we don't have exams...D:

twinkie
01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
we will have another meeting, hopefully before katsucon.

dustbunny
02-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Wow this sounds like fun

when is it going to be??
cause it's getting warm in richmond
><

i bring games and stuff

Nekko
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Alright it's getting warmer! Spring break woooot!

BouXKanon
03-22-2007, 10:24 AM
We gotta have another meeting soon. Its getting warmer out and we can go to the park or something. Anyone have any ideas??? I wanna do it on a Sunday though!

dustbunny
03-22-2007, 05:46 PM
i won't beable to go i have my portfolio due soon.
but i'll be good to go after this weekend
O.o

Nekko
03-23-2007, 10:07 AM
Ahhhh I need to get out!

Kikyana
04-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Oy! Twinkie =3! Hey there, I met you at Katsu this year.

But uhm, yeah. I was talking with a girl who I'm rooming with for Otakon, and she told me about this.
I live in Caroline County (Which is NOT far from Richmond at all.) and I was wondering when this thing is going to happen =o
My friend and I would be totally interested in coming.

Tenshinoitami1
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I was just at Maymount park today and it is so pretty! it would make for both a great meet up place AND place for photos in costume!
It's very easy to get to as well
(however it closes at 7pm but is open daily)

DawObtaithbob
10-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Cool, good job, i like you site.
i am wishing you a new clients and be happy with your further projects.
Mark (ex-golden boy:-))

Nekko
10-10-2007, 10:36 AM
There is a Halloween party at Byrd park on the 20th!
Also a Harry Potter costume contest and an adult costume contest.

Tenriyuu86
10-11-2007, 12:08 PM
WHAT?!?!?!? MUST GET INFORMATION OF THIS!!! >o< Must join in Harry Potter festivities!! *twitch*

Ninja Edit!: Isn't this the same day as the Zombie Walk in Cary Town? =o

I.N.K.
10-15-2007, 02:24 PM
K: Whats Zombie Walk?

Nekko
10-15-2007, 02:37 PM
I.N.K are you guys going to HollowCon?

I.N.K.
10-15-2007, 02:48 PM
K: Probably not...we have no rides...and my parents won't let me ride just anyone...And I can't drive without a person 18 or older...I Wish we could go...

Nekko
10-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Oh. Sorry then.

Tenriyuu86
10-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Zombie Walk - Basically you dress up as a zombie, and then you just walk like a zombie through Cary Town. Apparently it's not very exciting.