PDA

View Full Version : The wonderful world of double occupancy!

Kia
04-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Hum... how many disgruntled cosplayers can I fit into one tiny hotel room before security kicks me out?

Just a thought... I know the regular room prices are for the whole double occupancy thing (which means 2 people per room) and that if you want to have more than that many in your room (up to 4 people) you have to pay an extra fee... but I'm a cheap, cheaper than cheap little bastard who doesn't want to pay for any more than I have too...
Yeah, well, the point is, is double occupancy enforced? Can I stick 5 people in my room for the price of 2? (they're all just physical manifestations of my multiple personalities anyway ^_^) Will they kick me out if I have someone sleeping in the bathtub?

Just a thought :D

Chosuke
04-02-2003, 01:12 PM
I call bathtub.

Kia
04-02-2003, 04:14 PM
::gares:: you would, would't you?

Scoti
04-02-2003, 04:21 PM
I don't think they go to each room and count how many people are in there lol. You could get away with a few extra people if you don't make it Obvious (Ex. running up and down hallways telling everyone how many people you can sneak into the room and/or just being really loud) ^ ^

Kia
04-02-2003, 09:24 PM
damn! well, there goes *my* plans for entertainment on saturday night.... ^_^

Minakolabelle
04-02-2003, 11:30 PM
they do check how many people are in the rooms druing the day??? but we got away with it by telling them the extra bags we're for my friends costumes that we're there for the day. BUT we had no prob gettin gaway with it just only have 2 people check in >.> nope I didn't get away with it 3 cons in a row nope not me.... btw I had 10 people in 2 rooms all comfy with no one sleeping in the bathtub we made a make shift bed out of the chairs and foot rests.

kaiba
04-03-2003, 06:24 AM
If you tell the hotel staff that you have 2 people in the room when you call for reservations, make it look like there are 2 people in the room. And do not go around, saying stuff like "Oh yeah, we had about ten people in our room last night." The basic rule is don't say anything and it's all plausible deniability.

Kia
04-03-2003, 08:41 AM
Every year when my best friend has her birthday party at the Stage West hotel her parents are always the only ones who check in, then the get upsatirs and call us to let us know what room they're in. We all sneak up afterwards with duffle bags full of pop and chips. ^_^ I'm guessing that it's kind of the same deal.

zoinomiko
04-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Generally, the only person who can rat you out is the maid, who most likely will be able to tell if you have more than two. So my advice is 1. don't leave a big mess and 2. tip. :D

Erilan
04-18-2003, 05:04 AM
I had 8 people in my rooms for Anime North and CNAnime last year, so I'll share a tip. Keep the Do Not Disturb thingy on your doorknob at all times! This way, the maids won't be bothering you. Of course, you sacrifice made-beds and clean towels for a night. So don't forget to bring your own towel. :p

Kia
04-18-2003, 03:46 PM
lol, thanks for the tip Erilan. A friend of mine told me that he has a room already for AN and it's only costing him $10/person. I asked him how on earth it's costing him so little. Turns out that he's sharing a room with *11* people! Oh man, I wonder how squished he's gonna be! LOL ^_^

JustinCredible
04-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Kia, I wonder who called dibbs for the lamp stand on that situation?

Kia
04-19-2003, 03:21 PM
0_0 .... good question....