PDA

View Full Version : Room to change your costume: Deadline near

Hazel Chaz
01-12-2007, 05:08 AM
Reserve your room, if you haven't already. Very soon it'll be too late to get the $99/night rate. (the cutoff's in a day or two -- I need to check with my people to find out exactly when. I'll post a follow-up notice here when I learn the room block has officially closed.)

There are a limited number of rooms available in the hotel. We have a lock on most of them until that room block expires -- after which any space weasel can come in and rent a room. So get to it! Best bet is to call, 1-800-2-AIRTEL or 818-997-7676.

If you reserve online, be aware that it'll quote you a rate somewhere between $150 and $199 a night. Disregard that, just when you get to the notes/comments field at the end be sure to say "I'd like the Anime Los Angeles rate please." Even if you call them up and they quote you the wrong rate, MAKE THAT RESERVATION and call back the next day with your confirmation number to get the rate switched over to the correct rate.

(If you have any trouble let me know -- but don't hang up without making some kind of a reservation. Otherwise they may sell out of rooms before we can fix it...)

I realize that some people on here (Suzushi) can go through five or ten costumes in a day. You really want your own room with a closet, you don't want to be doing all your cosplay changes in the restroom out front right?

I've been hanging out here on cosplay.com since Anime Los Angeles 1, and I'll be straightforward & up-front with you guys. Getting enough room nights will probably be what makes the difference in whether we break even. If we can get 35 more people to stay in a room for both nights, we'll save $1800 on our hotel bill -- and our finances are that close to the line.

We're spending the money on your guys, on interesting things for us to do together, and some things like nifty headbands for the volunteers and some proper goodie bags for Registration instead of those ridiculous grocery bags we've used. Getting a Karaoke machine of our own so that we don't have to borrow someone's... All stuff like that.

We've held our registration rates low -- it's still only $40 at the door, never mind the other California/etc. conventions that have gone much higher -- and we plow the money back into the convention to make it a fun way to start your year of anime conventions. We took in a nice little surplus after last year's convention, and we're spending it all this year on the con.

The hotel knows we're not coming back, so our contract terms weren't as favorable as we'd like. We're trying to leave on good terms with them, the place has been great, but it's just not big enough for us to stay there. So -- that's why we're so close to breaking even.

Please. Reserve your room. Give yourself a place to change your costumes seventeen times during the convention. And help make sure that there will be an Anime Los Angeles 4.

Chaz

EDIT: Update -- We're about halfway there, thanks to everyone who's reserved a room in the last 24 hours. If 20 more people get rooms for the weekend, we're in the clear.

Hazel Chaz
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
We've heard from people who say they've reserved online and called back the next day only to be told they don't have a reservation in the system.

And other people who say they called yesterday and were told the room block expired on Friday.

Here's what you need to do: Call them up right now, 1-800-2-AIRTEL, reserve a room, tell them you're coming for Anime Los Angeles.

Make a note of the name of the person you talk to, and the confirmation number you get. If they don't give you the $99 rate, reserve the room anyway, and then:

send e-mail to hotel@animelosangeles.org telling us your name, conf#, type of room (one or two beds) and we'll get it corrected.

We have the room block through this Tuesday at midnight; but not all of the front-line people know it's been extended. But we can't fix the rate unless you've got a reservation made, so get that room booked!

Suzushichan
01-14-2007, 09:00 PM
LOLZ. funny thing you should mention me, i'm flattered. XD
i made my reservations early and with the con rate. everyone reserve rooms yo!! ^O^ see you all at the con! (chances are that i'll only be bringin' about 3 costumes, and a few almost-costumes (visual kei/loli-esque) to the con though.) so....yeah, 5-10 costumes sounds about right. XD

Hazel Chaz
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM
LOLZ. funny thing you should mention me, i'm flattered. XD
i made my reservations early and with the con rate. everyone reserve rooms yo!! ^O^ see you all at the con! (chances are that i'll only be bringin' about 3 costumes, and a few almost-costumes (visual kei/loli-esque) to the con though.) so....yeah, 5-10 costumes sounds about right. XD
We're putting your room right on the main corridor between the front desk and Con Suite, so you'll be right in the middle of the action.

Thanks for the little picture, by the way. Very cute.

Suzushichan
01-15-2007, 01:56 AM
wow! i'm honored! thanks! and no problem. ;)

Hazel Chaz
01-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Deadline is Tuesday night at midnight for the room block, by the way. (Did I already mention that?) Some of the front-line employees think it expired Friday, but the deal's good through Tuesday night the 16th; regardless of what they say, be sure to reserve your room by then, at any sort of rate and get a confirmation number and we'll fix it if we have to.

EDIT: Oh look, I already said all that earlier. Guess I must be getting nervous...

Suzushichan
01-16-2007, 02:45 AM
lolz. no worries! you're just doin' your job! :)

Aspeee
01-20-2007, 09:11 AM
After I forced my friend into reserving a room on the 13th he was told over the phone that the rates were already gone. But if I'm reading this correctly then he should have gotten the rates?

Sin★
01-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm not having difficulty with our reservation not being in the computer, but I'm certainly having all kinds of other misc. problems.

Our reservation is in the system, apparently, but the person I spoke to put the reservation under the incorrect name. (Even though I spelt it out for him, and he read it back to me. What?) This is going to be a problem because the credit card probably won't hold a reservation under my last name entered twice. Also, I held the room to my aunt's name, since I don't have a credit card of my own, and added my name onto the room so I could pay cash when I got there. - They told me that would be perfectly fine, but now they're saying that my aunt must be there, which is a problem because she is not only handicapped (with polio and steel rods in her back), but she's also got a broken leg at the moment. That will be extremely difficult for her.

Is there a way you could help me out? I will gladly send you the confirmation number over e-mail, if you need it. I just want this taken care of because it is worrying me quite a bit!

Thanks!

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2007, 01:05 AM
After I forced my friend into reserving a room on the 13th he was told over the phone that the rates were already gone. But if I'm reading this correctly then he should have gotten the rates?
Yes. Send us the confirmation number. E-mail the name the room's under, the type of room (single, double, smoking, etc), and the conf# to hotel at animelosangeles dot org.

Is there a way you could help me out? I will gladly send you the confirmation number over e-mail, if you need it. I just want this taken care of because it is worrying me quite a bit!

Thanks!
Yes. Send us the confirmation number. E-mail the names the room might be under, the name you need it to say, the type of room (single, double, smoking, etc), and the conf# to hotel at animelosangeles dot org. Also repeat your whole story, because it's going to someone else, not me.

Sin★
01-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Alright, will do. Thanks.