PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a thick wigs or a tutorial to sew wigs together!

Poe*
01-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm looking for a wig that is thick enough for an almost fluffy appearance. It needs to be blonde, more bleached than honey, and at least butt length. I would prefer the wig to already have bangs, but I can cut bangs if needed. If I can't find a wig close enough to that, does anyone have any tutorials on sewing two wigs together to get fullness or other similar tutorials?

- poe

sweetvenus
01-12-2007, 02:23 PM
I sewed two together for my Esper Terra wig. I took one wig and cut each row of wefts out of it. Then I sewed each row that I cut out in between the rows on the second wig so that the wig alternated a row from each wig if that makes sense. There are pictures of it in my gallery.

Poe*
01-12-2007, 02:33 PM
I sewed two together for my Esper Terra wig. I took one wig and cut each row of wefts out of it. Then I sewed each row that I cut out in between the rows on the second wig so that the wig alternated a row from each wig if that makes sense. There are pictures of it in my gallery.

Actually, that makes a ton of sense.. and I completely blame having a cold for not thinking straight. That tip is extremely helpful. I've sewn extensions in, and I didn't even think of just taking each row and adding it in. Thanks so much.

Usako Haneino
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Along the same lines (not to jack the thread but it would seem odd to make a new one sorry) I'm going to be making a Rogue (old x-men comic book style but less 80s) wig, how would I sew the auburn-ish brown wig to the white front wig? should I get a 3/4 wig for the back and dice up a white wig for the front. I've searched the forum and all I can find is "sew two wigs together" but no explanation of how.:bigcry: :confused:

kkroxas2011
05-23-2012, 02:10 PM
same thing as she says how do i sew two short brown wigs for i can make a sora wig?