PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay day in Boston?

Sillabub
04-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Well, I think it's a cute idea, for all of us around Boston to get into our costumes and hang out! I don't know what date, but how about sometime in either July or August '03?

I really think this would be a great idea, and so much fun too!

Koumori
04-02-2003, 04:26 PM
It would be nice to do a photo shoot, especially for those of us (I suspect most) who can't make it to the one in Philly. Maybe at the Public Gardens when it's nice and green out.

shiroi_yukiko
04-02-2003, 11:58 PM
Ooooo~~~ That would be fun! I'll definitely go if anything gets planned!

PockyDarcy
04-07-2003, 12:56 PM
that would be cool. Hopefully by then I will be back living in New England again! ^_^

cyankirby
04-12-2003, 04:46 PM
I'd got to that if it was in Boston! And I could drag a few of my friends who are on the site as well...

Sillabub
04-13-2003, 05:52 PM
Yay! I'm leaning towards August, and the Public Gardens is a great idea!

Yeah, a photoshoot sounds cool, but we can all hang around after the whole HUGE photoshoot with everyone there in it, and then take some individuals...so how do I get this official?

shiroi_yukiko
04-13-2003, 08:58 PM
August sounds good (well, as long as it's not right at the end of August)! As for officialness... beats me. We'll probably wanna figure out a time and date first.

Koumori
04-13-2003, 09:26 PM
I don't think it counts as an "official" cosplay.com shoot unless one of the mods/admins/photographers is there, and as far as I know they're mostly on the west coast. So I think all we'd need to do is establish a date, time and location. I'd hold off on that until it's closer to summer, though.

Sillabub
04-22-2003, 05:52 AM
Ahh...good old western coast ;) Well, to make this "official" between the people who are going is actually what I meant ^_^

We're gonna all have to discuss the date/time/location before the actual little gathering, so half of us aren't in China Town while the rest of us are at Paul Revere's house. (lol...cosplayers at Paul Revere's *giggle*)

So I guess taking suggestions for location/time/place now is a good idea? (I'm so soo bad at organizing, I'm sorry if I'm kinda rushing into this! *faints*

Koumori
04-22-2003, 07:23 AM
Hmm, I'd sort of already started looking into organizing something like this. I was thinking a picnic at the Public Garden, sometime in late June - but we'll need to check the national con schedule to make sure there aren't any major con-flicts. Studmaster says he can come and make it "official" if he has enough notice.

Alisa
04-22-2003, 07:57 AM
OOOooh Early august or late july sounds really good. I will be in Boston visiting my sister again for three weeks. Maybe I could make it to the photoshoot since I missed Anime Boston by two days.

Koumori
04-23-2003, 02:35 PM
I know that I won't be able to find a date that suits everyone, but I am proposing the last weekend of June (June 28-29) at the Boston Public Garden. It shouldn't be too hot to wear costumes outside by then, and it ought to be a nice backdrop for photos.

cyankirby
04-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a good date to me...

Riveraria
04-29-2003, 08:40 PM
oh that's sounds like fun hopefully I can go ^_^

Koumori
04-29-2003, 11:26 PM
I'll start a new thread with details as soon as I hear from Studmaster, who could make it an "official" c.com event.