PDA

View Full Version : Membership problems?

Hazel Chaz
01-15-2007, 02:30 AM
I received a message that went something like this:
hey there! I signed up for the online-registration... My question is: after you receive payment, do you send out the registration badge/ticket or do I wait until the con and pick it up in-person when I get there Friday morning? With like a little less than 2 weeks to go, I wonder if there'll be enough time for me to receive my registration ticket by mail if that's how it works. Please reply back with any info. Thanks!
We do this: we put your information in our database. This can take a day or so after your check shows up in our mailbox or after your paypal payment clears.

At that point, you are a member of the convention. (We call them memberships, not tickets, by the way.)

You can verify if we've processed your membership on our Registration page (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2007/ALA2007registration.htm) by typing in your name in the little box on the right-hand side.

When we've processed your info, we will also mail you a postcard. It will have your name, address, whether you've paid for the tea party, badge name if you've asked for one, and so forth. (If we've spelled any of that wrong, tell us by writing to reg (at) animelosangeles (dot) org.)

This means you're in our database. If you think you'll be arriving at the convention after Registration closes, bring your postcard because it proves you're a member and not a "ghost."

If you arrive during Registration hours -- 8am to 8pm -- you don't need the postcard, it's just a souvenir. Bring your student ID, or your regular ID if you didn't register as a student. That's all you need to get your badge.

[NOTE to moderators: Lots of cosplayers are likely to be interested in this info; hopefully you won't delete it for being off-topic. Thanks?]

Maguma
01-15-2007, 02:32 AM
I have another question about membership, is it possible to upgrade to 2 days even though we've already submitted

Eurobeat King
01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
My check's in the mail for pre-reg. tomorrow (Tuesday) cos Monday's a holiday! :razz:

Hazel Chaz
01-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I have another question about membership, is it possible to upgrade to 2 days even though we've already submitted
If you're pre-registered at all, for anywhere between $25 and $35 (our earliest rate and the group rate was $25) then you're pre-registered for the whole weekend.

If you join at the door for one day at $20, you can come back the next day and upgade to the full-weekend level for another $20. We encourage you to do that because then we'll have you in the system as just one person; if you come back and buy another one-day membership, the system treats you as a different person when we're counting up how many people came to the convention.

Michi
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Would it be possible to get a number on registrations so far to see how close you guys are to the cap? I forgot to pre-reg. =/

Maguma
01-15-2007, 11:47 PM
If you're pre-registered at all, for anywhere between $25 and $35 (our earliest rate and the group rate was $25) then you're pre-registered for the whole weekend.

If you join at the door for one day at $20, you can come back the next day and upgade to the full-weekend level for another $20. We encourage you to do that because then we'll have you in the system as just one person; if you come back and buy another one-day membership, the system treats you as a different person when we're counting up how many people came to the convention.

Well i sent in 30 for the student rate so will that qualify as full weekend?

Hazel Chaz
01-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Would it be possible to get a number on registrations so far to see how close you guys are to the cap? I forgot to pre-reg. =/
So far we have 737 pre-registered members in the system -- but we expect that to go up as we pick up mail at the post office and so forth.

Currently we're expecting to have about 800-900 memberships available for sale on site Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. (We're not worried about caps on Sunday.)

We will have Registration open Thursday evening if you want to come by then -- we'll be processing at-door sigups as well as pre-reg badge pickups.

Well i sent in 30 for the student rate so will that qualify as full weekend?
Yes. If you're in our database (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2007/ALA2007registration.htm) then you can pick up your badge anytime starting on Thursday, and your membership is good for the entire weekend.

tsumikuroi
01-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Oh dear... I do hope I can make it in by Saturday (also (lamentably) forgot to pre-register).

Hazel Chaz
01-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Oh dear... I do hope I can make it in by Saturday (also (lamentably) forgot to pre-register).
My treasurer has told me she's started a database for next year. Memberships for Anime Los Angeles 4 are $25 until 28 February, dates are 4-6 January 2008, hotel is Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. Just in case you wanted to plan ahead for next year...

Eurobeat King
01-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Memberships for Anime Los Angeles 4 are $25 until 28 February, dates are 4-6 January 2008, hotel is Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. Just in case you wanted to plan ahead for next year...

That's kewl that you can pre-reg for the next year while this year's con is happening.:) They do that also at San Diego Comic Con, yet somehow I'm too busy to pre-reg for next year whenever i'm at SDCC. :razz:

Hazel Chaz
01-18-2007, 09:07 PM
I received this message ...
One of my friends didn't make it on time to register online so I was wondering if it is possible to buy a 3-day pass on-site on Friday.
Yes.

Registration will be open Thursday evening, and Friday and Saturday starting at 8:00. You can join at the door for $40 for the whole weekend. (You can do that Thursday if you're in the neighborhood. Help us stuff Registration bags!)

After we hit our membership cap of 1800 sometime Saturday morning, we'll be turning away people who aren't pre-registered. (So bring your postcard if you're already on the list.) People we turn away are welcome to come back Sunday.

One-day memberships are $20.

The Gothic Mad Tea Party is 50% sold out. You can get your $10 ticket at Information after you pick up your badge, if you haven't signed up for it already. The tea party will be Sunday at 1:00 pm.

Serey-chan
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
My treasurer has told me she's started a database for next year. Memberships for Anime Los Angeles 4 are $25 until 28 February, dates are 4-6 January 2008, hotel is Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel & Convention Center. Just in case you wanted to plan ahead for next year...

Wow! That's great! I'm glad it's at the beginning of the year--I don't have to worry about getting all my homework done a week in advance! XD

Just one question--I know this is probably premature, but for a starving student, it's a bit important. ^^;; Any word on hotel rates for the Marriott? Maybe they'll be around the same rate as the Airtel? If you have no clue, I wouldn't blame you. XD Thanks!

Hazel Chaz
01-22-2007, 01:07 AM
Just one question--I know this is probably premature, but for a starving student, it's a bit important. ^^;; Any word on hotel rates for the Marriott? Maybe they'll be around the same rate as the Airtel? If you have no clue, I wouldn't blame you. XD Thanks!
Yes, slightly higher though. $109 plus tax, single double triple quad, or (get this) $149 for a bedroom+parlor Executive Suite.

Serey-chan
01-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Yes, slightly higher though. $109 plus tax, single double triple quad, or (get this) $149 for a bedroom+parlor Executive Suite.

Nice! X3 Thanks so much Chaz! I'm really excited now! XD

Hazel Chaz
01-25-2007, 05:00 AM
Hi Chaz,

Last year I registered as an early bird for ALA07 at the last day of con. However since then I've moved, twice at that, so I never recieved my confirmation card.

I'm curious as to if that card is NEEDED to confirm my reg, or if there is something to set up so that my registration can be confirmed.
Yes, you can confirm you're in our system by going to our Registration page (http://www.animelosangeles.org/anime-la/2007/ALA2007registration.htm) and type in your name there. Assuming you're in there, print it out, circle your line, and bring that with your ID.

Or just look at it on the screen, and bring your ID. Either will work.