PDA

View Full Version : Are you good with hair?

Something Lulu
04-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Okay, slight possible dilemma. Here's the story in a nutshell: I decided to bring my Tifa costume to AB which means that I can't just get my hair done in Lulu's style at a salon before I leave for MA. Gothic Lulu said her mom might do it for me, but just in case of anything I'd like to have a backup plan, cuz I can't do this myself. Is there anyone who knows how to a) cornrow, b) twist, or at the very least c) make really good braids? And is also willing to do my hair for me on Saturday. ;) I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out with this.

Lafiel
04-02-2003, 11:01 PM
I'm not very good with hair..
I can help make braids though
Easier to do something to someone else then yourself.

Is Anyone good with makeup? :D
I'm horrible.

Something Lulu
04-03-2003, 04:51 AM
I'm actually going to try and go to Sephora this weekend to get tips on what kind of makeup I should use for my costumes, especially since I'll be onstage. I'm pretty good with color and applying regular stuff like lip and eye makeup, and I can do blush, but it's been a long time since I used foundation or anything like that. What costumes are you wearing? Maybe I can help. ^_^

Lafiel
04-03-2003, 01:24 PM
I need to take a make up course. Not to sure which day this would be on so I'll just list the costumes

On friday I'm part of a P9 group but I don't know for how long.
(don't really need to wear make up for that)

After which I'll either change into Lafiel
http://www.himearts.com/jacket1.jpg
(not that exact costume but gives you an idea)
Or
http://www.himearts.com/Full_mint.jpg

Saturday I'll probably be wearing this
www.himearts.com/vanilla.jpg

I can try to do my own makeup sunday heheh

Gothic_Lulu
04-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Lafiel-

I am very good at appying makeup- in fact one of my dreams is to become a makeup artist when I grow up so I can definetly help you if you need any help ^_^

I am actually going makeup shopping this week ^_^ I love shopping for makeup ^^;;;; I will need some really good stuff for my Edea costume but I am not sure what brand I should buy ^_^ I already have a bunch of stuff I can use for Lulu and Aeris does not seem to have any heavy makeup.

TyJILDown
04-03-2003, 04:39 PM
Ekkk don't get me started on makeup...I am gonna have to wake up early to get mine done on Saturday >_<

lialia
04-03-2003, 07:06 PM
wee makeup is the best part too bad i dont have any outlandish costumes going. all i get to do it up in is natural colors.

hmm makeup/hair party would be a good idea i think lol with a buncha opinions you can never go wrong

Lafiel
04-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Lol that sounds like fun ^^
I'm willing to be a canvas for people who want to try makeup :P
of course someone to teach me would be great.

Kinda like those PJ parties I never had as a young girl :P

Something Lulu
04-04-2003, 12:23 AM
What hotels are people staying in? Maybe we can meet up and help each other out. (omg this is so girlie lol!) I'm in the Boston Park.

Lafiel
04-04-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm in the con Hotel :)
Btw I will probably be the Photographer for AOD again.
So come in find me!
I WANT YOUR PICTURES!

*waves her hands around*
I'll have candy to offer as I usually do :)

lialia
04-04-2003, 09:04 AM
im gonna be drivin in i live 20 min away, too short a distance to warrant puttin up the cash for a hotel :)

Something Lulu
04-05-2003, 12:33 AM
I'm in the con Hotel
Btw I will probably be the Photographer for AOD again.

So I guess we're in the same hotel. ^_^ Um...what's AOD? (Maybe I know this but I just woke up from a nap and I'm sorta fuzzy.)

im gonna be drivin in i live 20 min away, too short a distance to warrant puttin up the cash for a hotel

Nice, you get to save money then. ^_^ I think this con and AX are the only ones I'm staying at hotels for this year. It really makes a difference when you're working out your budget! You're going to be bringing your Dark Gunner Yuna costume, right?

Lafiel
04-05-2003, 03:19 AM
Aod = Animeondvd.com
Its not a Cosplay site by any means, its more a Anime News site.

Still working on getting good pictures ^^.
I try to get the whole costume Head to foot.. suchs if you so so much work on the feet to get it cut off. Prolly start taking 2 pictures.

hikura
04-06-2003, 03:51 PM
Same with me..i am the hotel where the con is..Boston park plaza hotel if i am correct.

merliwolf
04-14-2003, 08:04 AM
*blink* I'm really clueless about makeup still myself...errr anyone wanna help out a crossplayer with looking a bit more feminine? (also an aod friend of lafiel ^_-)

Something Lulu
04-14-2003, 10:58 PM
I've actually put makeup on guys before. I can help you out if you want. Do you have your own makeup? What kind of look do you want?

JacksUsername
04-15-2003, 11:11 PM
hmm, just to throw this out there, someone had mentioned that stores should sell long side-burns, does anyone know in the Boston area where the closest one would be? Mine are definetly not going to be close to long enough.

lialia
04-15-2003, 11:15 PM
theres this place called jokers wild on 114 in danvers mass that had fake mustaches and stuff when i went there today, unfortunately i didnt pay close attention and see if there were sideburns for i am a girl and was there looking for pretty wigs :D

but i bet if you call then theyll tell you what they got

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 12:00 AM
hmm...cool, I'll have to check a map to see where it is...i probably won't be able to go because lack of a car at college, but I'll definatly check it out...Thanks!

JacksUsername
04-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Actually there is this really nice place in Chinatown in Boston I came across today. It was called Boston Costume and I picked up some spirit gum, latex, and fake hair...so hopefully I'll be able to make the effective sideburns. A little expensive there, but a nice place for resources, just in case anyone needs some last minute stuff.