PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment

Admin
04-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Barring any rules against this (I'll find out tomorrow), we are bringing the following:

2 TV's - one for PS2/Gamecube and the other with DVD for anime.
Small stereo w/ cd player.

If anyone has something they'd like to bring post it here. There is space to do stuff like volleyball, frisbee, etc. but since a lot of people will be in costume we're not going so far as to organize a volleyball game in the sand or anything. :)

dmdflarekojima
04-02-2003, 11:39 PM
You have to admit, though, volleyballin costume would be pretty good. Especially for pictures.

Michi
04-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Noooo. References to DOA XBV = bad. :P

Frisbee would be fun as Shiranui Mai. Bwahaha. *bounce* I'm all for it. This sounds like a lot of fun. CD player.. yes.. :D

dmdflarekojima
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
That could be used as a reference to DOA XBV... I hate that game, seeing as it's not a game merely a polygonal showcase. I meant that it would be fun in full costume, like seeing someone cosplaying Kenshin spiking the ball... that would be classic.

Spooky Brew
04-03-2003, 12:22 AM
Lina getting hit in the face by the ball.....:D

castleoutsider
04-03-2003, 01:14 AM
hahha ^_^! lol ah vollyball.. yes.. frisbee? huk i dont even know how to play frisbee! LOL blonde moment.. ah;; but dont listen to me cuz i cant make it n e ways T_T wow thats cool! ps2 and gamecube.. at a picnic ^^ wow!!

Michi
04-03-2003, 01:30 AM
Frisbee doesn't take too much skill aside from aim and a good arm/wrist flicking ability. ^_^

K_Valentine
04-03-2003, 02:15 AM
(Lupin and Jigen mistake the frisbee for a clay pigeon and shoot it.)

Hmm, speaking of which, where the heck are all my outdoor toys? All I've got is a flat soccer ball and a guitar.

Michi
04-03-2003, 02:22 AM
SOCCER. The park wouldn't happen to have basketball courts, would it? *^^*

Admin
04-03-2003, 02:32 AM
I'll find out. They faxed me a bunch of info and one of the two pavillion areas we'll be checking out is "next to an athletic field". What that means, we'll see. :)

Both pavillions we're choosing from are right next to the lake, btw.

Michi
04-03-2003, 02:37 AM
I'm gonna have to adapt my shoes for Mai somehow. ^^; I don't think I wanna walk around a park and a lake in socks. XD Err tabi. Yeah.

enishi
04-03-2003, 02:41 AM
Wow... electricity. I'm amazed.

I have some PS2 games if anybody wants me to bring them. They're mostly RPG/one player games though.

Michi
04-03-2003, 02:43 AM
I suggest Super Smash Bros Melee for multiplayer GameCube action. I lack many multiplayer PSX/PS2 games or else I'd suggest some. ^^;

Admin
04-03-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm bringing SSBM with two controllers, if anyone else can bring two more we'll be in good shape for 4-player.

Michi
04-03-2003, 02:47 AM
I can bring two more, probably. ^_^

K_Valentine
04-03-2003, 02:48 AM
Lake.... guess that means my Ryoga's out. Don't want to get lost and wander over there and well, you know....

(Pencils in swimming lessons before the meeting, JIC)

Sana-chan
04-03-2003, 07:37 AM
I can bring a couple of gamecube controllers as well just in case. I'd bring my DDR mats, but both of them broke due to outdoor usage ><;;;.

Let's see... I have playing cards? lol I gotta go searching in my closet and see what fun things we have.

Dark Vision
04-03-2003, 02:52 PM
SSBM!!!! *jumps up and down* I suck at it but I love playing it. I'll bring my own controller too! <<== doesn't even own a game cube but has his own controller... weirdo!!!

JoeBoeing
04-03-2003, 03:14 PM
Greetings,

I have Virtua Fighter 4 for the PS2... my other games are single player. If there is a DC there I can bring Capcom vs SNK 2, Garou, KOF 98, KOF 99 and Last Blade 2... I'd lug my DC with me but I want to travel light since I'm going on a train.

From,
Joe

dmdflarekojima
04-03-2003, 04:04 PM
Well, If I can make it I bet this will be a blast.

soshi
04-03-2003, 04:56 PM
well, my bro has a DDR hard pad in storage that I have access to, but I dunno how many people play DDR anymore. *shrugs* ^^;

K_Valentine
04-03-2003, 04:59 PM
I can play DDR, but what's with all those arrows?

soshi
04-03-2003, 05:17 PM
how do you play DDR if you don't know what the arrows are for? O_O;

K_Valentine
04-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by soshi
how do you play DDR if you don't know what the arrows are for? O_O;

AWFUL. (Little Monty Python tribute)

It was supposed to be a joke. Like in a commercial where Crocodile Dundee says he bungee jumps, then asks what the rope was for. I take ballroom dance and there are no arrows on the dance floor. The first time I DDR'd I expected someone to bark orders on where to step and how to turn.

Hmm, all I can procure are several decks of cards, dice, and chips (Vegas fanatic). Going to see about borrowing/stealing my roommate's B-ball and frisbee for the event.

Sana-chan
04-03-2003, 05:56 PM
I'm a DDR nut, but since my mats are broken @_@... if someone else can bring some I'll love you forever lol.

Cards are the best, definately bring those.

soshi
04-03-2003, 06:07 PM
lol @_@;

I'll see if I can bring the hard pad... I already know the main complaint from my bro will be concern over it getting broken - but I'm suprised it's still alive. O_o for like a year, you could have mistaken our house for an arcade. +_+; every night there was five to ten people in here, playing the hell out of that poor DDR pad in the living room. o_o;

Admin
04-03-2003, 08:21 PM
I have to close this thread for now, we wound up getting a different pavillion than originally planned and they don't allow "amplified sound". I asked about a TV and he said that would probably fall under the same thing but he'll call me tomorrow for sure to let me know. So there's a good possibility that we're not gonna be able to have the games there.