PDA

View Full Version : Question

Iori E
04-02-2003, 11:51 PM
I guess general questions about the picnic can go here. But anyway...

It was stated that cosplay is not required for this gathering. But is it still more or less for cosplay.com members and cosplayers only? I understand that there are certain circumstances where some of us would have to bring a few people along even though they have nothing to do with this site. But it's not clear whether we're allowed to say to our friends, "Hey, all of you can drop by and hang out with us for a while!" (Within reason, of course...)

Admin
04-03-2003, 12:33 AM
Lemme see the setup tomorrow before I make a final decision on this. I know that there's a 150-person capacity in the pavillion but I'll see how the outside of it is and if that capacity includes the immediate area (the amount to rent the place depends on the number of people coming, 150 is the max so I'm just going for that).

I'd like to try and keep it mostly cosplay.com members/cosplayers with a guest at most though. If the situation is that you're going to be in the area that day with a few friends and want to stop by without ditching them, I have no problem with that.

If younger people are coming with a parent in tow, that's perfectly fine as well.

SohjiroX
04-03-2003, 02:35 AM
Does anyone know how long it will last, by time wise?

Iori E
04-03-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by SohjiroX
Does anyone know how long it will last, by time wise?

The main info thread says, "10am to whenever."

Probably ending in the early evening, I'd say.

SohjiroX
04-03-2003, 02:58 AM
right, just need to make sure I talk to you about times of meeting up and such than, will you be on campus tomorow?

Iori E
04-03-2003, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I'll be on campus tomorrow, although there's no rush. We can always talk about it on Wednesday.

BTW everyone, you can go here for information about the park:
http://www.ocparks.com/masonpark

Oh, and directions:
From the 405 Freeway, get off on Culver Drive (in Irvine). Head south on Culver, and then turn right on University Drive to get to the park entrance. (MapBlast seems to suggest turning left, but I'm trusting the official website's directions on this one.)
It's very close to UC Irvine. :D

SohjiroX
04-03-2003, 03:19 AM
yeah I remember where it is now,

Tetsugyu
04-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Kyle said 10:30am to 5:00pm or whenever anyone wanted to leave. I say go when you want, leave when you want.

Admin
04-04-2003, 03:20 AM
we have the pavillion from 10am to 9pm. We'll be setting up around 10am but people are welcome to come by any time during the day.

SohjiroX
04-05-2003, 01:30 AM
what if we want to hang out passed 9 what then, just wondering so I know when to plan rides. oh and thanks for the info Tetsugyu

Admin
04-05-2003, 01:32 AM
the park closes at 9pm so everyone would have to leave by that time.

K_Valentine
04-05-2003, 02:03 AM
I'll stay until the end or when my passengers need to get home.

SohjiroX
04-05-2003, 07:56 PM
will anyone want to make plans for a late night drinks or dinner at a dennys or such, hmmm have an idea but I have to clear it with the admin here. but its not a big tihng.

Medic
04-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Ok I got a question? Where is the pavilion located? I mean like after I enter Irvine. I really not to familiar with southern California, mainly because I from the bay-area, So if someone please help me out.

Admin
04-09-2003, 06:49 PM
I'll be posting maps very soon, just too overloaded with work this very moment to mark them and put them up.