PDA

View Full Version : Y-Con 2007 Date and Location Announced!

BART Boy
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
.:: Yaoi-Con is excited to announce our 2007 event! ::.

Yaoi-Con 2007 will take place at the Marriott San Mateo-San Francisco Airport hotel in the South San Francisco Bay area the weekend of October 26-28, 2007.

We're also pleased to report that we have not only one, but TWO Guests of Honor:

Mamiya Oki (manga artist)
&
Kawahara Tsubasa (novelist)

Please stay tuned for more information!

- Yaoicon.com

So there is now a new venue for Y-Con 2007 and two Guests of Honor Announced. Anybody else excited?

I'm kinda surprised the fact that its right by my house as well, same with Tales of Anime. lol

So who else will be coming back to Y-Con this year? =D

Shinsengumi
01-17-2007, 11:54 AM
You know I'll be there for 2007, and plus with the Salinas crew with me.

Leishu
01-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Check out the hotel prices. If the hotel rates are anything near as low as they will be for 'Tales of Anime' (http://talesofanime.com), which is in the same hotel, then it's going to really really rock a lot more than the previous venue.

Vasyenka
01-19-2007, 04:58 AM
Awesome. I had so much fun at Yaoi Con last year ('Twas my first~), so I'm definitely going again this year. :3

Eurobeat King
01-20-2007, 06:47 AM
It's cool that they announced the dates for Y-con 2007. :) The new hotel looks nice, but I will miss the Westin & Clarion that has been host to Y-con the last 3 years. Still, looking at the Marriott's website and the pictures of the hotel, there looks to be lots of nice places to take photos, both indoor & outdoor. :D

I'll most certainly be there this year, which makes it my 7th year going, and I'm glad they're having it on the Halloween weekend. Soooo, that means that just 3 days later is Halloween, and for those who are still in town after Y-con can hopefully make it for my gathering at the Winchester Mystery House!

See you all in October, which will be here before we know it.. :thumbsup:

Leishu
01-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm honestly not going to miss being shacked up with football teams, weddings, and conservative postwar remembrance groups. ^^;

Eurobeat King
01-20-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm honestly not going to miss being shacked up with football teams, weddings, and conservative postwar remembrance groups. ^^;

Who's to say you won't have any of those happening the same weekend as Y-con 2007? :razz: I don't usually pay too much attention to other events happening at cons as long as they don't bother me.

I'm just used to the location for Y-con since 2004 (like AX was at the Anaheim Hilton from 2003-2006.) Back when Y-con started in 2001 they were going to a different hotel each year until they settled at the Westin in 2004.

Heck, everytime I fly out of SFO I see the Westin & Clarion before the plane takes off and it reminds me of Yaoicon. :)

Leishu
01-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Too true. Too true. I guess I got tired of hearing 'what's with all of these freaks?' from the people with whom we were sharing the hotel. It's my hope that bumping down to one venue instead of two will allow us to have all of said location to ourselves. :]

BART Boy
01-21-2007, 04:53 AM

what about the Eyeshield 21 cosplayers? I'm sure they had their fair share of questions from the football players. XD

It's cool that they announced the dates for Y-con 2007. :) The new hotel looks nice, but I will miss the Westin & Clarion that has been host to Y-con the last 3 years. Still, looking at the Marriott's website and the pictures of the hotel, there looks to be lots of nice places to take photos, both indoor & outdoor. :D

You should check out Central Park in Downtown San Mateo, it offers a really nice touch for costumes that work extremely well in scenic locations and they also have a Japanese Garden to that's being renovated at this moment but will be finished when Y-Con comes into town! Its only 5 minutes away from the hotel and if you crave a lunch/dinner attack, there's many restraunts within walking distance of the park if you're with a group of people for a photo shoot and have to feed the need. =D

I'll be taking pictures of the park pretty soon, I'll be happy to send you some pictures of the park to see what kind of pictures you'll want to crame in for all your cosplay buddies that are coming from out of town. =D

Yukari Kaiba
01-22-2007, 02:26 PM
ill definately be going to Yaoi Con 07 - i had so much fun last year (it was my first time going ^^), and was quite entertaining to see the expressions on the faces of people (such as the wedding party XD) who had no idea what was going on.

tpod
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Still, looking at the Marriott's website and the pictures of the hotel, there looks to be lots of nice places to take photos, both indoor & outdoor. :D

It IS a gorgeous hotel. I'm hoping the weather is nice for both ToA and YCon, because the pavilion area is lovely and would be perfect for cosplay pics.

See you all in October, which will be here before we know it..

::whimper::

So much to do, so much to dooooo....

Tracy
ded webmistress, dealers' room chair, sponsorship chair, designer, ad nauseum....

Milai Sapphire
01-29-2007, 01:09 PM
Yay~ Dates announced for this, and it seems like the new location is nice. I haven't been there before, and this would only be my second year of going (if I go, depending on my class schedule fall quarter). But yeah I'll probably go, since hehe, my friends will probably be there and it's nice to see everyone again. Definitely had fun at the last one, so I hope it's the same at this one. XD

Hikaru-Jan
01-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Yay for Y-Con date being announced! I'll definitely come back again this year! Dunno who to cosplay as, but will be there for sure! =3

Ryshili
07-12-2007, 04:06 AM
I'm gonna be going. :3

totorolover
07-16-2007, 11:18 PM
I'll be going this year, my first time at Y-con!!, cant wait!:rockon:

Eurobeat King
07-30-2007, 08:19 PM
For those cosplayers who are local to the Bay Area or those from out of town who might be staying a few days after Yaoi-Con, I made a thread in the "Members Gatherings" section for the annual tradition gathering at the Winchester Mystery House : Halloween Cosplay Gathering

Please check out the thread here:

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=2023409#post2023409

Hopefully a lot of people will be able to make it! :)

CosplayerJJ
07-31-2007, 10:38 PM
I will be coming this year, but still need a room and ride.