PDA

View Full Version : Congress seeks to destroy the rave!!!

Kusanagi
08-16-2002, 03:58 PM
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/raveact020816.html

DON'T LET THEM DO IT!!

Sami
08-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Why don't they work on hunting down TERRORISTS instead of destroying people's fun? I personally have nothing against raves, but I do have issues against drugs. Not all ravers use drugs though, and if people want to go to these things to use drugs and whatever, let them. It's their own bodies they're screwing up. :/ There are more important issues at stake, I think. A big :miffed: at Congress. x_x

Ayaka
08-16-2002, 05:11 PM
That's total BS. What are they gonna do, outlaw glow sticks as "drug paraphenalia"? You can't outlaw the parties just because of the culture associated with them.

Space Invader
08-16-2002, 06:28 PM
WHAT?!! NO!! That REALLY sucks, and doesn't really make any sense. I personally am a fan of techno (a BIG one), and I'll be attending my first rave... tomorrow. What really stinks about all this though is that about half my friends are ravers, and most of them are completely clean. No drugs, nothing. I mean, they've tried them, but they stopped. I don't WANT to do any at all. It makes me so mad that people like to judge people who rave as "druggies" or "potheads". Not all are like that - in fact, the true raver sub-culture has nothing to do with drugs at all. A true raver only goes for the music and the party scene, not the drugs. I hate being labelled. Although I'm not really a raver, people still think of me as one because I love techno, and that is what gets me. Why doesn't congress spend their time hunting down the drugs, not the raves? They say that's what they're doing, but you know it's going to turn into an anti-rave campaign. I mean, you can find drugs at any place where there is a large gathering of people. Raves, yes, but concerts, clubs, bars, outdoor events - they're all there. Apparently they don't realize this. This whole thing gives anyone who's been to a rave a really bad name; most of them don't deserve it.

Oh, and the thing about glowsticks? THAT'S CRAP. I personally am in love with things that glow, and that includes glowsticks. Extremely. (You'll always find me sporting more than one at a 'con dance :)) I would seriously have to kick some ass if they try to ban those, too. That's pure BS.

Congress, stop ruining people's fun. Most of it is harmless. Go after the REAL culprits instead (drug dealers). And please, don't act like you know what you're talking about. You don't have the slightest clue.

Kurenai
08-16-2002, 07:24 PM
Yet another thing for corporate america to waste their time on ::le sigh::

Studmaster
08-17-2002, 12:45 AM
Thus we can conlude the Government is stupid.

Ayaka
08-17-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Studmaster
Thus we can conlude the Government is stupid.

What, only now? *tries not to rant*

engrish
08-17-2002, 02:30 AM
Have you ever noticed that the problems created by "youth"
loud music
fast driving
graffiti
ect...

pale in comparison to the problems created by "older people"
war
famine
genocide
corruption
wholesale theft - I'm talking billions remember Enron, WorldCom...