PDA

View Full Version : Elfquest at Dragon*Con?

GreenElfie
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Hello all!! I'm just wondering if anyone is planning on wearing any elfquest costumes to Dragon*Con this year? I am currently making myself a Nightfall costume and my friend a Leetah costume, it would be fun to see other elfquest cosplayers there! ^.^:bigtu:

Ironekilz
01-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I've been thinking about doing an Elfquest cosplay for awhile actually so maybe I'll see about getting one ready for Dragoncon. Not sure if I'd cosplay as him, but I've always liked Skywise. ^_^

Hikaruchan
01-19-2007, 08:59 AM
If I can make the trip to DragonCon this year, I've had Moonshade on my to do list for a long time so she finally might get bumped up and made.

GreenElfie
01-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Well it would be great to see other elfquest cosplayers there! ^.^ Hopefully some of us can get together for pics if the costumes get made! XD

reannaremick
01-19-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm going to try to fit in an Elfquest costume this year, I'm thinking either Joyleaf or Ember. It'll probably depend on how well in shape I am then. Hehe.

GreenElfie
01-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I know what you mean about being in good shape! haha. I need to work on that too. Joyleaf is a really pretty character, I love her hair and the vines and leaves she wears in her hair! ^.^

Fory-san
01-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I wish someone had told me about this last year, because I was dressed as Cutter on that Sunday! I got a lot of great response to it so I'm all in for another shot at the character this coming D*Con! :bigtu:

Ironekilz
02-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Yes yes, please bring back Cutter. ^_^ At this point I'm considering cosplaying Kahvi.

BayushiKachiko
02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
OMG EQ! (the good one that doesn't steal souls!)

I am HOPEFULLY attending DragonCon this year, as well. If I can squeeze it in, I'd love to get in on this. Goodness knows I'll need a comfy costume if I actually pull off the other one I'm planning. O_o

Maybe I'll play Winnowill just to play foil, muah hah ha ha ha ha! The only one I kind of look like is Moonshade, and I don't want to snipe that from our lovely Hikaru!

OR...well...I can't crossplay most of the guys since they don't like to wear shirts. Though OneEye rocked my socks. HMMMMM.

Ironekilz
03-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Well, I changed my mind and decided to do Skywise anyway. I just went out and bought fabric for his pants and I'm going to see about cutting them out now.

Ironekilz
05-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Sorry to double-post, but now that I actually have some progress done on my Skywise costume, I thought it would be a good opportunity to resurrect this thread. Progress pics are in my gallery. I decided to go with Skywise's new outfit from the 4 part Discovery series because I liked it better than his usual outfit and I thought it would camouflage my femaleness better. As a bonus, I've never seen anyone do this version of his costume either.

Hikaruchan
02-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Hey guys, letting you know there is an ElfQuest group being planned for DragonCon this year. http://lilacwire.livejournal.com/780102.html is where all the current information is.

FaeandMerfolk
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
OMG back before I ever knew what cosplay was, when I first started doing costumes for the fairs I did a Nightfall, MoonShade and a Winnowill costume!

Elfquest brings back the memories. ::Cries over her vast but lost collection of old comics and graphic novels::

I will be going to Dragoncon this year so I will keep this a very cool possibility. I have to think on it a bit and see if I can fit it in first. :)

YAY,
Fae

Iron: One way to hide the binding might be to go get some good fleshtone tights and cut them to make it kind of a shirt to wear over the binding, or a full fleshtone bodysuit. You can find that stuff at any typical dancewear place or lingerie shop.

There are also methods of binding that pulls them to the sides and tape them down so that you can show real flesh..

Ironekilz
03-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Iron: One way to hide the binding might be to go get some good fleshtone tights and cut them to make it kind of a shirt to wear over the binding, or a full fleshtone bodysuit. You can find that stuff at any typical dancewear place or lingerie shop.

There are also methods of binding that pulls them to the sides and tape them down so that you can show real flesh..

Thanks for the tip. I've been thinking about getting a bodysuit, but the Atlanta heat is pretty bad and the costume itself isn't exactly the coolest thing. We'll see. I'm planning on bringing it back this year since there's going to be a group (yay!! Gonna check out that link now!). I tried the tape binding this past year at Dragoncon actually, but I'm pretty well-endowed and it ended up looking worse than the obvious binding.

FaeandMerfolk
03-03-2008, 11:47 AM
I've actually got the stuff to redo my Winnowill. Hmmmmm I might have to do that.