PDA

View Full Version : Artist Alley Plush Table

RinniBoBinni
01-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Is what I'm going to run at Sakura-Con 2007! \^^/ My name is Victoria, AKA Catgirl Rin Rin. I attended Kumoricon '06, my first convention and ran 2 very successfull workshops on dolly-making. I taught about 60 people in total how to go about making an 11-inch dolly, it was great!

And I'm pleased to announce that I shall be hosting 2 workshops at Sakura-Con this year! I shall post the times once I have comfirmation on the times!

I've got 15 doll comissions to do for Sakura-Con, and I think I could do a little more. With 2 English courses, I may have my time sucked up at times, but I'm certain I can make at least 10 more request dolls.

I make all dolls with felt, stuffing, hotglue, paints. Some of you may have used felt in crafts/whatever, and you know, and I shall let others know too, hehe, it can get worn after sometime. The dolls I make are for decoration purposes, and aren't really made for constant hugging or tugging at arms/limbs. Water/liquids on felt are a pain to dry, so the dolls aren't for rain. (*** Neither are the keychains!!! ***)

On special request, I very recently made a doll with a pinstripe fabric that turned out very well. I'm willing to part my felt and take on cloth for clothes if asked to do so.

So, if you'd like me to make a doll, or simply suggest what you'd like to see being sold plushie wise, I"ll do my best to provide!

For sure, I'm making a KH set of Sora/Kairi/Riku, and a KH2 set of Sora/Riku/Kairi/Roxas/Axel. And at least 1 Ouran High set of the Twins/Haruhi/Tamaki/Hunny-Sempai/Kyouya.

Any other characters/series you'd like me to "hit"?

Some plushie info and pictures:

The smallest size I have is 6 inches - they're about the size your hand and only have basic clothes and will have any extra props to help them be recognized easily. This size is $10 - http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/142/f/b/FF8_Group_of_3_by_Catgirl_Rin.jpg

The next size up is 10 inches and I think are the cutest. They allow more detail, extras. I usually do children in this size but if you like them Super Chibi, it's very do-able as well. These are $15. - http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/322/4/8/Alice_Elliot_of_Shadow_Hearts_by_Catgirl_Rin.jpg

The next size is 11-12 inches with more detail, the larger size allows me to put on designs on any clothes without squeezing everything in. These are $20. - http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/211/9/d/Group_Dollys_by_Catgirl_Rin.jpg /// - http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1430/kagomeandinu6gj4sq.jpg

And my latest size is the Super Chibis - they, unlike the other sizes mentioned, have their faces painted on with any expression you'd like so long as you describe it or draw up your choice on paint or something. They stand at 14-inches and up with as much detail as the character. They fit in the arms just great ^^ These are $25. - http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs12/i/2006/311/2/7/Latest_group_of_dolls__by_Catgirl_Rin.jpg

Props/hats/swords/bags/keyblades/gunblades/anything your character my carry/use - they are free. Just mention what you would like in your order/request.

And I don't only do dolls! ^^ I've got a tested-and-true pattern for Kamineko of Azumanga Daioh, and you have been warned, its the only animal I've done. I only do human-shaped creations, that Kamineko was a gift for a friend I stayed with for Kumoricon last September. It was a lucky thing I got it right on the first try. But I can make another Kamineko, and I also have made an army of Papou fruits, I'll make some for Sakura-Con as well. Oh, wait, I have made one Tama-Chan from Love Hina, but I lost the pattern. It's relatively easy though, so if you need one.. XD

I also make heart keychains with names embroidered with black thread. They fit snugly in the palm of your hand, and there are leftovers from Kumoricon that I will list afterwards. The biggest word I could fit on the heart front was "Sesshoumaru" of Inuyasha. Haha, those were my experimental "Bishie Hearts", names of first off videogame characters. Then it went to Anime characters as well, haha!

That's about it!

My *GUARUNTEED TO BE THERE LIST SO FAR*

Keychain hearts: http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/211/5/b/String_of_Hearts_by_Catgirl_Rin.jpg

Abel of Star Ocean 3
Reno of FF7
Vincent of FF7
Yazoo of FF7 AC
Loz of FF7 AC
Kadaj of FF7 AC
Laguna of FF8
Zidane of FF9
Auron of FF10
Sora of KH
Inuyasha of Inuyasha
Bakura of Yugioh

Discontinued dolls - 7 inches with painted expressions, and made and year and half ago. Before I discovered hotglue and paint rather than markers.
http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs10/f/2006/095/a/0/Resized_YukiFront.jpg - http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs10/f/2006/095/d/b/Resized_KyouFront.jpg

Kyo Sohma
Yuki Sohma
Kagura Sohma (with cat backpack)
Tohru Honda

Mini Dolls:

Link of Zelda Games
Ed Elric of Full Metal Alchemist
Cloud of FF7
Yuffie of FF7
Quistis of FF8

Semi Dolls:

Kairi of KH
Negi of Magical Sensei Negima! (Asuna will be made for sure to make pair)

11 Inch:

Duo Maxwell of Gundam Wing
Trowa Barton of Gundam Wing (Clown costume/more recognizable)
(Side note - Heero/Wufei/Quartre will be for sure finished to complete set)
Sakura Hime of Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicles (Her Syaoran will be made again)
Chihiro/Sen of Spirited Away (Haku will be remade. He was a present for a Cosplay member here ^^)
Yue of Cardcaptors
Lady Subaru of //.hacksign (Tsukasa will be made for sure to make pair)
Robin Sena of Witch Hunter Robin

Super Chibi:

Cloud of FF7 AC
Tifa of FF7 AC
Link of Zelda Series
Kairi of KH2

Those are all my completed works, everything mentioned between the "**" lines. These are the dolls that are coming with me for sure. I'm just letting you all know the inventory so far. I don't know what could happen tomorrow, heh, my wrists could break and thats it for sewing, who knows? But at least all the completed works mentioned will be attending!

Side note:

The legality of all this is this:

It is copyright infringement by making profit of another's ideas, yes, but each and every creation of mine is fanart. A sad attempt of me paying hommage to such awesome minds that have made their character ideas into real things. Well, real as pictures/things spawned from their ideas. Fanart aside, everything has slight differences to actual characters, which keeps all safe from legal issues.

Also, using the names mentioned here, are only so I don't confuse everyone with names I've made up when selling dolls in the past. A new idea of selling for Sakura-Con is to label the dolls (they are all in ziplock bags for protection) with alteration names. They are sold under vaguely recognizeable names, so the actual transaction is for a fanart, example, "Taruno." He looks like Naruto. Haha, understand? XD

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to ask!

So, any requests? Or suggestions on other dolls to try to make?

FMA and Naruto seem popular... XD (suggestion starter)

- Catgirl Rin Rin

Kagami-chan
01-18-2007, 01:25 PM
oh, those are so cute! I will look for your plush table.

As for suggestions, I have a feeling that Naruto or Bleach would direct a lot of attention since those animes are pretty popular.

Usachan
01-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Do you have on selling or have made any Sailor Moon or Chobits plushies?
You do a very fine job and I look forward to visiting you at Artist Alley and
if you do have any of the following character's even the other Sailor Senshi
I would be interested in purchasing, plus if you have a Sailor Saturn (example)
please put it on hold, if you can and don't mind. I have a friend who would
die to own such a thing. Anyway keep up the work and see you in 3 months!

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-22-2007, 10:28 PM
Be looking for your plush table too. Also just thought how a lot of guys here would like to meet up. Maybe we could meet up at your table.

RinniBoBinni
01-24-2007, 10:56 AM
Alright! Feedback! ^^

I've made 2 Naruto, 1 Sasuke so far, and a ultra rare Nova plushie from Bleach now. I've made 2 different Chii Chobits dolls, and the three Sailor Starlights of SailorMoon.

List of what I've done to give all the idea what I can do:

2 Kagomes - Inuyasha
1 Inuyasha - Inuyasha
1 Shippou - Inuyasha
2 Sephiroths - FF7
3 Clouds (1 AC) - FF7
1 Tifa - FF7
1 Cid -FF7
2 Vincent - FF7
1 Quistis
1 Rinoa
1 Squall
1 Asuna - Magical Sensei Negima
1 Syaoran - Tsubasa
1 Yue - CCS
1 Chun-Li - Some fighting game XD
1 Soubi - Loveless
1 Yuki - Fruits Basket
1 Kagura - Fruits Basket
1 Tohru - Fruits Basket
1 Kyo - Fruits Basket
5 Ed Elric - Full Metal Alchemist
2 Riku - KH1/2
3 Kairi - KH1/2
3 Sora - KH1/2
1 Roxas - KH2
3 Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the CArribean
1 Link
1 Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
1 Alice Elliot - Shadow Hearts
1 Rurouni Kenshin - Rurouni Kenshin
1 Severus Snape - Harry Potter
1 Totoro

I think that's all. ^^; I'm bringing the Starlights again, and definately a Soubi/Ritsuka! <333

I could make a Sailor Saturn if you'd like for your friend Usa-Chan. I have a lot to do, so if there is a specific character she likes, I'll make and reserve it.

I'll see you in three months, Usa-Chan! You too, Hitokiri-San! That would be great to meet up! Wherever, but yes, I'd love for you to drop by my table as well! I may hug you, I like all the characters you'll be cosplaying, plus, you seem neat ^^ I'll ask you first though!

- Rin Rin

PrincessAnnie
02-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh no! Don't tell me that! I'll want to spend money on these! ; ; (Here I thought I could do a budget XD)

RinniBoBinni
03-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Heh, I hope I'll have something that interests you, Princess! ^^ I'll be seeing you!

;_; Waiii....I'm watching "The Notebook" right now....

Haha, onto business!

http://i18.tinypic.com/402p47p.jpg

Kumi-Chan, your order is half finished - as I said in the Sakura-Con forums, Syaoran and Sakura are about 40% finished, and turning out well.

Ne, And Heat-San! Your Shino is 80% finished - he needs his coat, coat detail, and head. I'll edit this/or post up if there is a reply before I finish him tomorrow, and I'm in the process of figuring out a pattern for Akamaru - I've just about got it I think.

EDIT: Finally got a picture of Shino! : http://i15.tinypic.com/30ml84l.jpg

Na, thats it for now ^^