PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy & Kingdom Hearts 2K7 photo shoot

Pages : [1] 2

vampirate
01-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Hey everyone! It's actually 2007, so I figure we can start planning.

First off I really liked our location at the Marriott patio last year. How did everyone else feel about it?

And I know it's early, but Sunday does seem to generally be a good day for it. If anyone has any opinions on this please give them.

So what Final Fantasy and/or Kingdom Hearts costumes are people working on this year? My plan is to make Yuna's KH2 costume. Then for once I could have an easy to wear costume that I'm not worried about all the time. Last year I was constantly worried about my tail. Right now the only progress I really have on Yuna is her boots. I managed to find some reasonable ones on ebay.

Oh yeah, and here's the obligatory link to some pictures from last year's shoot: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=53999&member=32117

Now the important info for this thread:

Time: Sunday afternoon at 2

Place: Marriott patio, this is at the back of the level with the check-in desks

Cosplayers:

-vampirate - Fran(artwork version), FFXII
-sweetvenus - Celes or Esper Terra, FFVI
-Shuya of Light - Wisdom Form Sora or Roxas, KH2
-anduin - Rinoa, FFVIII
-R-chan - Nono, FFTA(and XII kind of)
-london2192 - Namine, KH2
-Sako-chan - Kairi(black dress), KH2(I'm guessing)
-ravenmist - Lightning, FFXIII
-a-tastic - Ovelia or Geomancer, FFT
-ChrnotheSinner - Riku or Kairi, KH2
-kell - Bell, KH
-allison_smiley - Rikku, FFX-2
-lostchildmiroku - Neoshadow, KH2
-MakioTwist - Irvine, FFVIII
-mocha - thief Rikku, FFX-2
-amechan - Lulu disguised as a photographer
-Kayago_Murikai - Sora, KH2
-Ningyo Sachi - Roxas, KH2
-A19Riku - Cloud, FFVII
-Demon_Slayer69(+1) - Kairi and Namine, KH2
-Randirien - Riku, KH1 or 2
-Viscus - Auron, FFX
-TheWickedOne - Squall, FFVIII
-Hiryuu - Larxene or Aeris, KH2 or FFVII
-orca_sora - Sora, KH
-ryoogawa - Kadaj, FFVIIAC
-CloakedSchemer - Aqua or Riku or Roxas, FFXIII or KH(2)
-AshleyV - Jane or Megara, KH1 or 2
-LiL KRN YUNA - Kairi, KH2
-MeahtSingan - Mulan, KH2
-CloakedSchemer - Fran, Riku, Zexion, FFXII, KH2, KHCoM
-Giant Alucard - Auron, FFX
-sakura-chan87(+1) - school uniform Kairi and Sora, KH2
-The Kraken - Auron, FFX
-aiuchi - Namine, KH2
-rosabella - funeral Ashe, FFXII
-tats27 - Ninja AF, FFXI
-Lynnisincraze - Tifa, FFVII(or AC)
-Kira-hime - Halloween Town Kairi, KH

sweetvenus
01-18-2007, 09:16 AM
I ended up missing D*C last year, but I'm definitely going to be there this time. :) I'll probably bring either Celes or Esper Terra.

Shuya of Light
01-18-2007, 10:38 AM
If i go this year i'll most likely will Cosplay as Sora Wisdom form or Roxas Dunno know yet^.^

vampirate
01-18-2007, 06:33 PM
Either of those sounds great sweetvenus!

I don't know if being more unique is and issue for you Shuya, but it seems to me there's always more Soras than Roxases(or is that Roxasi?). But Wisdom form was my personal favorite form.

anduin
01-18-2007, 08:21 PM
This chick's going as Rinoa, from FF8. This'll be my first year at D*C, so I'm all looking forward to this con.

haha. At awa, the KH cosplayers started calling the multipul Roxas cosplayers "Roxasi"...just 'cuse it sounds so funny. XD

R-chan
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll be at D*C and probably bring Nono of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

vampirate
01-20-2007, 05:39 PM
anduin, I love Rinoa's costume. I think the design is so cute.

R-chan, yay moogles! And if you made ears to go with it, it could double as a XII costume. Here's a XII screencap of Nono I took:
http://pics.livejournal.com/vampirate777/pic/000akbkb/g69

london2191
01-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Hmmm, this is just my opinion, but maybe we should have two photoshoots. One on Saturday and then Sunday. Because some people may not be there Sunday and there will probably be other photoshoots. -shrug- I dunno. This is just an opportunity for more pictures. ^^

So I'm going as Summoner Yuna from FFX. -teh nod- I have pretty good progress on it. I have the staff almost finished *long rod*, the arm thingies, the earrings and the bikini top. xD Well, the costume itself is kind of a long story. I wanted to wear this Saturday because of the parade but since this might be Sunday, maybe not. And my staffie might get damaged. ;_;

Ah! I thought your Red XIII was amazing. =O I saw pictures of it here and there and I was like, '...whoa...'

O.M.G. Roxass=LOVE. There can never be too much of him. Well, basically because no one can usually get his hair the way I like it, so...sometimes I really don't consider them to be Roxas. xD Is that too mean? =|

vampirate
01-21-2007, 07:11 PM
My plans are already getting pretty um, crowded for D*Con. I think one photoshoot for this group will be enough. I'm guessing there will be a cosplay.com shoot as well, which will give everyone more picture opportunities for whichever costume they want to wear to that. Sunday is a pretty big day for the con, so I'm thinking just about everyone should be around.

Yay for another Yuna! Hopefully we'll get at least one X-2 version of her, so we'll have representation from all the games she's in.

And thanks london2191! Red was a fun costume even if I didn't wear it for that long. After the shoot I was starving and didn't want to eat in costume, so I went ahead and changed out right afterwards.

london2191
01-22-2007, 03:45 PM
=] FFX-2 Yuna is insanely popular. There should definitely be one this year.

Mmm, well, I s'pose I'll just wear Soi Fong for the parade and all Saturday, hope there's a Bleach photoshoot that day. And then Yuna Sunday and IF I go Monday, I'll do Temari then.

We /do/ have Monday off coz' it's Labor Day, right?

And thanks london2191! Red was a fun costume even if I didn't wear it for that long. After the shoot I was starving and didn't want to eat in costume, so I went ahead and changed out right afterwards.

How many cons have you worn it to?

vampirate
01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Yup, we'll have Monday off. I <3 Labor Day.

And I've just worn Red to this last D*Con. Since then there haven't been any other cons I've wanted to go to that have been close enough to get to. Actually this year's con might be the next con I go to. sad. I wish there were more cons around here.

london2191
01-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Have you been going to Momo and AWA?

Ahhh, so I don't know if there's a possibility going three days, butttt, I may being going to some new cons this year.

My whole family basically lives in Canada and we were thinking visiting them this summer, since we always see them in the winter. ANDD, so convienently, Anime North and Otakuthon are around that time. =3 So I may go. YAY!

vampirate
01-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Have you been going to Momo and AWA?

Ahhh, so I don't know if there's a possibility going three days, butttt, I may being going to some new cons this year.

My whole family basically lives in Canada and we were thinking visiting them this summer, since we always see them in the winter. ANDD, so convienently, Anime North and Otakuthon are around that time. =3 So I may go. YAY!
Ooh, Canadian conventions. I bet that would be interesting.

And yeah, I've tried out both of those. I went to AWA for a long time and finally skipped this last one after I realized that I was spending most of my time there kinda bored. And for me Momocon was like that, but with some extra bonus issues. If I can afford it after D*Con(I also hate how AWA is right after it) I might go to AWA just to enter the contest. *shrugs* We'll see.

Kinda back to topic. Out of the four days Dragon*Con spans I'd say if you aren't able to come to all of them at least make it for Saturday and Sunday.

london2191
01-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh, Saturday is a 100% definite. Sunday is an almost absolute, and I'll see about Monday. Because, yay! No school. =) But it might be kinda annoying to leave early coz' of school the next day.

vampirate
01-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh, Saturday is a 100% definite. Sunday is an almost absolute, and I'll see about Monday. Because, yay! No school. =) But it might be kinda annoying to leave early coz' of school the next day.
Monday is probably the least exciting day. I'm just there then cause there's no way I'd want to leave Sunday night. It is a good time for packing up and making goodbye rounds though.

london2191
01-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Mmm, I s'pose. But it's still another day of conning for me. =3

Sako-chan
01-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Look out for a KH2 Kairi painted black. I'll definitely be there Saturday(probably as Wrath) and I'll try to be there Sunday. No promises, though. D= Thankfully, I'll be staying with my Uncle, so I don't have to buy a room. x3

ravenmist
02-05-2007, 10:02 PM
So far I know a bunch of us are going to D*Con. So far we have a group of 8 here, but only a couple going as Final Fantasy of KH characters. A couple of us may attempt some Amano FF characters. We'll see how that works out. I'll be working on my KH2 Kairi as well. Nothing is definite yet as far as costumes go, but we'll see how things progress over the next few months. I have an Italy trip I need to save up for in June before I start working on costumes.
Can't wait!!!!

london2191
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
When I get around to buying KH2 I'll probably do a cosplay from there too.

vampirate
02-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Yeah, staying there will definitely cut down on your con costs Sako-Chan, and your Kairi sounds interesting.

Just bring whoever you can talk into FF/KH costumes ravenmist. ;)

And have fun playing KH2 when you get it london2191!

a-tastic
02-09-2007, 10:13 PM
As far as I know, I'll be bringing either Ovelia or Geomancer from FFT.
It sort of depends on how hot the weather is.

london2191
02-10-2007, 03:10 PM
xD I've seen almost all of the cutscenes and I've played A LOT of Twilight Town already. And some of the others from my friends' games. Like the Sephiroth battle, um, and the last battle.

vampirate
02-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Yay for Tactic costumes a-tastic! I really like the designs.

Heh, the whole Twilight Town thing does go on for a while. Speaking of which I hope we get some of the Twilight Town gang. Olette is too cute!

london2191
02-13-2007, 04:01 PM
-snickers as self comes up with evil plan of kidnapping a Roxas-

vampirate
02-23-2007, 08:05 PM
On second thought I might make a Fran costume for this year. I just did a little budgeting research on the Fran outfit I want to make vs. Yuna and it wouldn't cost me that much more...

Ichigo_Kurosaki
02-24-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm planning to be there as Riku,and Kairi ^^' should have a Sora,another Kairi,and a Namine with me

And I think you should do Fran ^_^

kelldar
02-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I'll be bringing one of my Belle costumes, which one, I don't know (probably the blue peasant dress this year, the ballgown is a pain to travel with), but I'd love to try to make it to the shoot!

vampirate
02-25-2007, 12:32 PM
That sounds like a great group to have in the shoot ChrnotheSinner!

Awesome Kell, I hope you can make it too! I think your Belle costumes are great!

allison_smiley
03-01-2007, 08:42 AM
I didn't realize that you guys did a photoshoot. I have a warrior Rikku from FFX and am almost finished with Gunner Yuna... Now I just have to decide which one to wear! Thanks for the LJ post

london2191
03-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Ah, Warrior Rikku! It's so pretty looking. x.x

So what day are we doing this?

vampirate
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Awesome allison! Warrior Rikku would be pretty badass, though everyone loves a good Yuna.

I'm guessing Sunday afternoon london2191. Then we don't have to worry about people dealing with getting out of parade costumes from Saturday morning and anyone entering the Masquerade should have enough time to change after the shoot. And then if it goes like last year the "Fabrications" contest will be Friday night, and everyone will still be getting in Friday afternoon I'm assuming, etc...

london2191
03-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Okay. =3 That sounds wonderrrful. I'll be wearing Soi Fong for the parade then. -nod-

R-chan
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
anduin, I love Rinoa's costume. I think the design is so cute.

R-chan, yay moogles! And if you made ears to go with it, it could double as a XII costume. Here's a XII screencap of Nono I took:
http://pics.livejournal.com/vampirate777/pic/000akbkb/g69
DUDE! talk about uber cute! I didn't know he was in FF XII too. I'll just do the gba version for momo-con but I'm thinking about this version now! WOW!

lostchildmiroku
03-08-2007, 05:19 PM
for the photo shoot i could do a heartless me and a friend created the neoshadow costume

london2191
03-10-2007, 09:09 PM
There was a Heartless last year in the parade. xD It was hilarious.

vampirate
03-11-2007, 10:15 AM
R-chan, I know! The XII moogles are just too cute!

lostchildmiroku, having a heartless at the shoot would of course be lots of fun!

makio
03-26-2007, 07:52 AM
vampirate -- Since I'm already in the process of remaking Irvine Kinneas(as well as wearing it to JACON in few weeks), I'm just going to bring that with me for the photoshoot. :] Progress photos soon.

vampirate
03-26-2007, 08:14 AM
vampirate -- Since I'm already in the process of remaking Irvine Kinneas(as well as wearing it to JACON in few weeks), I'm just going to bring that with me for the photoshoot. :] Progress photos soon.
Yay, we were in need of some cowboy hat action!

london2191
03-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I wanna moogle. =3

Hm, so definitely Sunday then? I'm just confirming because there was another thread mentioning wanting to have a Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children parade group. Maybe we could have more than one shoot because I have a Kingdom Hearts AND Final Fantasy cosplay but I'm limiting one per day. Saturday /and/ Sunday maybe?

vampirate
03-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, it's looking like the Marvel vs. DC shoot will be Saturday. I usually just assume that the majority of people will be too busy to plan more than one shoot for this. Which is why I thought it was a pretty handy idea last year to bring in Kingdom Hearts since at least as far as I'm concerned the two series belong together, and then it's like two shoots for the price of one...er, or something like that, maybe killing two birds with one stone?

I guess for those that are going to be in the parade too I would just suggest bringing the costume you want more posed pictures of to the shoot.

london2191
03-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Hm. Well, we could have KH&FF on Sunday and Saturday? I dunno, just an idea. I'd like to see what people think tho'.

vampirate
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Hrm, well if people want to do something Saturday wouldn't it be easiest just for everyone who walks in the parade to have a shoot right afterwards?

For me it's just that I already have three non FF/KH groups I'm planning on so I can't plan anymore than one FF/KH outing.

makio
04-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Sunday would be good for me, only because rushing to change from one costume to another usually takes away from the fun of the convention itself. :sunburn: I mean, I'm willing to adjust to whatever day, but given the crowds, I might end up having to pull one of those Secret of My Success (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_of_my_success) elevator clothes changing scenes. LoL

london2191
04-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Vampirate: Well, this is not just people in the parade, but others who aren't in the parade and in FF/KH cosplay. -shrugs- I may just arrange one myself.

vampirate
04-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Vampirate: Well, this is not just people in the parade, but others who aren't in the parade and in FF/KH cosplay. -shrugs- I may just arrange one myself.

Ah, okay. Well I guess I'd just suggest seeing who all is interested in two shoots and maybe trying to coordinate with Yotan and the parade group.

mocha
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Vampirate: That's awesome that you're doing KH2 Yunie! I can bring along my KH2 Rikku. It would be great if we could find a Paine now to complete the set! XD Sorry I missed the shoot last year. There was way too much going on. I wanted to see your Red XII in person. It looks great from the photos!

london: I love your Yuna cosplay. It's so cute! ^_^

london2191
04-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Mocha: Ah, thanks. ^^;; Are you bringing your Rikku?

vampirate
04-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Vampirate: That's awesome that you're doing KH2 Yunie! I can bring along my KH2 Rikku. It would be great if we could find a Paine now to complete the set! XD Sorry I missed the shoot last year. There was way too much going on. I wanted to see your Red XII in person. It looks great from the photos!

london: I love your Yuna cosplay. It's so cute! ^_^
Aw, I actually decided to go with Fran(artwork where she wears actual clothes, not standard game armor) for this year. One of my friends was going to by KH2 Rikku but decided not to. It would have been so much fun to do YuRiPa cosplay with you too! Maybe some other time since I still have the boots I got for Yuna. Now I've already got the fabric for Fran. Whatever happens it'll be great to have you back at the shoot! Make sure you try to bring Aleathia too! ;)

london2191
04-07-2007, 12:25 AM
Oh man, Fran is amazing. She's my total dream costume besides Ashe and Lulu. Leather and armor? -shoots self-

mocha
04-07-2007, 08:18 AM
london: Yeah I'll definitely have a Rikku there. Just not sure which version, most likely KH or Thief. Mostly cause they're easier to switch in and out of. X Rikku just has SO many accessories.

vampirate: Aww, well I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job with Fran. Good luck with that btw! And I'll *try* to bring her, but she's not too fond of FF cosplay lately... Maybe I can slip some subliminal messages into her Macross cd. :devil:

london2191
04-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Mocha: Aw. ;__; It'd be nice to have X Rikku tho' coz' no one ever does it.

mocha
04-08-2007, 12:41 AM
london: ^_^; Yeah I guess that's true. I'll see what I can do. The costume needs a few repairs..but at least there's plenty of time until then.

london2191
04-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Yeppp. =3 I've yet to get my wig as well...

vampirate
04-09-2007, 01:59 PM
vampirate: Aww, well I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job with Fran. Good luck with that btw! And I'll *try* to bring her, but she's not too fond of FF cosplay lately... Maybe I can slip some subliminal messages into her Macross cd. :devil:
Yay subliminal messages! ;)

ringwraith10
04-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I probably won't make it this year anyway... I'm feeling rather lazy this year and I'll probably end up going to the con dressed in "normal" attire and/or old costumes and/or a random cat girl costume.

I might show up and take pictures, though. :)

vampirate
05-05-2007, 12:24 PM
We haven't had posts in a while. Anyways how about we go ahead and say we'll have the shoot Sunday afternoon at 2 on the Marriott patio? I'd just like to have a definite so I can tell lj communities.

And if london2191 organizes another event then planning for that can continue.

And of course we'll be happy to have you ringwraith10 wether you're in a costume or behind a camera!

Oh, and swatches for more possible Fran fabric should be on it's way to me. I've also got patterns for her, some fabric, and a micro plush fleece throw I'm going to be cutting up for her ears.

london2191
05-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, we should start a Phootshoots Dates and Times thread. -nods- To keep everything organized for all. I'll go ahead and post one of those. That way we can exchange numbers and all that jazz coz' I really don't know where that is. -sweatdrop-

Mmm, I don't think I'll be doing another event. I really only want to get pics of Namine *with my Kairi* which I'm doing instead of Yuna now. xD Yuna is on Monday.

Vampirate: Ooo, post pics!

vampirate
05-06-2007, 10:39 AM
london2191: Thanks for starting that thread!

Aw, Namine and Kairi pictures are so cute!

And I'll be sure to post progress pics once I start doing something with my materials. ;)

london2191
05-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Yepp. =3 I decided that I've been wearing Yuna for three cons this year whereas Namine is twice, so yeah. I'd like to have more pics of Namine with other KH cosplayers. Besides, I'll only have my Lulu with me at AWA *from what I know*. >> And my Kairi is like the birth of god. =O She's so accurate.

Amechan
05-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Ooooo fun! I assume this is the perks of choosing a character from a popular series/game. I'm planning on making a Lulu costume for D*con this year. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend the photoshoot on Sunday, but I can definately try. I probably won't know until it gets closer to the convention time.

london2191
05-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Whoot! I shall steal you as my Lulu. =D

Amechan
05-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Whoot! I shall steal you as my Lulu. =D

Alrighty then. ^^;

lostchildmiroku
05-30-2007, 10:42 PM
i cosplay a heartless so i will more then likely go to this photo shoot if you will allow me? ^.^

london2191
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
I will! Even tho'...I'm Namine? xD lol

Amechan: Which day do you plan on doing Lulu? Coz' I'm thinking about doing Yuna on Saturday or Monday.

lostchildmiroku
06-02-2007, 08:50 PM
*hugs namine* yes i can tourcher *cough* hug you ^.^ *seeps into shadows*

Amechan
06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Amechan: Which day do you plan on doing Lulu? Coz' I'm thinking about doing Yuna on Saturday or Monday.

I was planning on wearing my Lulu costume on both Saturday and Sunday. I can't go to D*Con on Monday because I have to drive back to Valdosta (which takes about 4 hours).

vampirate
06-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh, new people!

I hope you can make it Amechan!

And there is always a need for more heartless lostchildmiroku! ;)

london2191
06-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Lostchildmiroku: Eep! -hides from amazingly amazing heartless-

Amechan: Mmm, okay. =D I think I'll wear Yuna on Saturday then so I can get some pics with you. ^^ Do you plan on participating in the parade?

Vampirate: How goes Fran? =O

vampirate
06-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Er, I've got part of her cut out... But I finally got a job so now I should finally be able to get the suede I want for her ear insides and shrug. Then I can really get to work on her.

Oh yeah, and I'm doing this version:
http://pics.livejournal.com/vampirate777/pic/0008ht1z/g69

And hopefully it'll end up looking something like this:
http://pics.livejournal.com/vampirate777/pic/000b6tk2

The thing I'm most undecided about is the shoes.

london2191
06-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Aw, you're doing that one? =D I saw a sketch for that somewhere. I can't wait to see progress then.

lostchildmiroku
06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
yeahness i am soo gona be there trust me im a fun heartless ,at megacon in florida i chased a bottle around the second floor becouse with the bodysuit on i could not grab it.

vampirate: ^.^ thanks

london2191: *sneeks closer as smile widens* im going to the hardwear store to see if i can find small lights to put in my eyes to make them glow . that would be cool

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-05-2007, 04:33 AM
I'll be there as the main version of Sora. My boyfriend will be end of the game Riku, Ningyo Sachi will be Roxas, and two of my other friends will Kairi and Namine. LostChildMiroku already said who she was cosplaying. Another friend possibly will be Xexion.

A19Riku
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
im almost postitive that im going but im not quite sure what im wearing yet but i know it will be either kh of ff bc lol all my choices are that it just depends on whats finished and how long i stay

i think my choices so far are demyx, cloud, that blue haired guy from final fantasy XIII, or i always have my kh2 riku and org riku outfits that and i have a new wig for them now thats the right length :D

most likely it will be either 2 or all of the first 3

london2191
06-05-2007, 12:28 PM
lostchildmiroku: You're still going as a Neoshadow, nee? Or have you made a different version?

Kayago-chan: Wah, that's a good group. ^^ Which means they'll be loads of KH at D*C. And homg, Zexion! He=the smex.

A19Riku: Ah, blue haired guy from FF versus XII! -dies- He's so awesome. -roots you on- You should do a balance of KH and FF for Dragon*Con.

ryoogawa
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
im almost postitive that im going but im not quite sure what im wearing yet but i know it will be either kh of ff bc lol all my choices are that it just depends on whats finished and how long i stay

i think my choices so far are demyx, cloud, that blue haired guy from final fantasy XIII, or i always have my kh2 riku and org riku outfits that and i have a new wig for them now thats the right length :D

most likely it will be either 2 or all of the first 3

Wtf, when did this happen? You and Namine are just TRYING to kill me aren't you..? Or at least make my parents kill me.. WHAT EVIL PLOT IS NEXT?! Dx

A19Riku
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Wtf, when did this happen? You and Namine are just TRYING to kill me aren't you..? Or at least make my parents kill me.. WHAT EVIL PLOT IS NEXT?! Dx

we are not trying to kill u u dont even have to do anything w that guy namine is helping me w/ the outfit and im making the prop seeee NOT TRYING TO KILL U!!!!

ryoogawa
06-05-2007, 04:14 PM
we are not trying to kill u u dont even have to do anything w that guy namine is helping me w/ the outfit and im making the prop seeee NOT TRYING TO KILL U!!!!

YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME BY TEMPTING ME WITH NEW OUTFITS!! XD *shot*

A19Riku
06-05-2007, 04:17 PM
YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL ME BY TEMPTING ME WITH NEW OUTFITS!! XD *shot*

not really bc i havnt even seen a full bodyshot of that dude so u wouldnt know what his outfit would look like so HA

Demon_Slayer69
06-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi people
this will be me and my friends first dragon con (not first con)
we will be namine and kairi with actually a slightly bigger kh group cant wait to see you guys! *will try to find location of photoshoot*

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-05-2007, 04:41 PM
london2191: Yeah. It's going to be. My Namine already plans to screw with my mind. I wonder how many will try o.o -just knows of the yaoi in the making-

Amechan
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
Amechan: Mmm, okay. =D I think I'll wear Yuna on Saturday then so I can get some pics with you. ^^ Do you plan on participating in the parade?

Nope. I usually stand in line for my badge during the parade (because the line is somewhat shorter). ^^;

vampirate
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Kayago_Muriki: Whoa! Sounds like you have an awesome group going on, can't wait to see you all!

That's a lot of choices A19Riku! I'd like to see Demyx myself. I'm sure it'll be easier to get decent references for the XIII guy as time goes on, but it might be tricky to pull off now.

Demon_Slayer69: Welcome to Dragon*Con! You guys should have a blast! And for the location, when you go into the Marriott just go to the lobby level where check-in is, and then go to the back. The patio is right through the glass doors there.

ryoogawa
06-05-2007, 06:43 PM
not really bc i havnt even seen a full bodyshot of that dude so u wouldnt know what his outfit would look like so HA

Yeah but... Ok, nevermind. Kadaj wasn't your fault xD But you've got me all wanting to go to this con now ;-; I'll do my best!

A19Riku
06-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Yeah but... Ok, nevermind. Kadaj wasn't your fault xD But you've got me all wanting to go to this con now ;-; I'll do my best!

ya kadaj has nothing to do w/ me but yaaa i hope u can come

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Vampirate: I'm sure you'll see us. I hope to see you as well! ^^ I'm glad you're organizing this photoshoot. It's going to be awesome!

london2191
06-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Okay...besides all the bickering about cosplays killing us...wow, there'll be alotta KH cosplays. I'm kind of thinking about backing out a little, but I won't. =D

Is anyone here participating in the parade? If we get a big enough group, maybe we can separate ourselves from the Anime & Video Games group.

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
My group will be in the parade. I'm looking for more.

london2191
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
KH group? Yeah, maybe I'll join. =D

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-06-2007, 04:31 AM
The more, the merrier.

A19Riku
06-06-2007, 10:54 AM
That's a lot of choices A19Riku! I'd like to see Demyx myself. I'm sure it'll be easier to get decent references for the XIII guy as time goes on, but it might be tricky to pull off now.

demyx has a really good chance at going since im styling the wig next week and all i really have to worry about is the sitar bc since its like 5' 10" i have to make it collaspable so it will fit in my car

but ya it is harder to do the ff XIII guy now but im very impatient actually though ive found quite a few refrences lol i even found this really good shoot to where i now know he has light blue knee socks on under his boots lmao im a nerd :geek:
but ya im getting a lot of help form my amazing friend bc she is really good at machine sewing and ya i just suck at sewing unless its by hand then im good
and then im in charge of the wig which should be easy compared to the cloud wig and demyx wig i have to style
and i get to do the weapon I<3 weapons they r my fav. lol i love the system i have w/ my friends bc we r all good at seperate things so that we can make a whole outfit perfect together :D

but ya overall he actually has a lot of screen shoots so im not too worried ive already started on the sword even though i wont be able to finish it til after governors school

london2191
06-06-2007, 05:50 PM
A19Riku: You will be brutally glomped if you do the FF versus XIII guy. xD But Demyx is awesome too. You chose all the good characters. =^^=

lostchildmiroku
06-06-2007, 08:34 PM
london: ^.^ yeah i am goign as a neoshadow from kh2 and i wana get into the parade but i have not decided what i am walking as eather im goning to make a cage and sit in it as a heartless ( built ontop of a wagon) and have eather an organization member pull me around or have sora or roxas pull me around i dont know about that i still need to find a person to pull me around. on top of that i also wana walk in the parade as my Full form Kilala walkable version. i cant decided

Randirien
06-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey all! I was Riku last year, and it looks like I'll be Riku again this year - but this time I'm bringing a Sora and a Kairi with me!

At this point I don't know which versions we'll be doing (KH I or KH II) But we'll be there to join the fun! ^_^ I'm looking forward to seeing all the people from last year again! And it sounds like we're going to have an amazing group, too.

To the organizers, maybe this time we should put up directions to the location ahead of time? I remember how a lot of people (including me) got lost and didn't (or almost didn't) find the porch.

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Maybe we can end up outnumbering the Storm Troopers. That'd be cool.

Viscus
06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
My Auron will be there if I can get it done fast enough. If not, no photoshoots for me unless I missed Raptor Jesus in FFV.

london2191
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Man, KH is gonna be so frakking popular this year. I think might just outnumber all the gold bikini Leahs. o.o It'd be a miraculous feat to outnumber the stormtroopers.

Viscus: Wear Auron on Saturday. ~___~ Yuna needs a guardiannnn!

Viscus
06-13-2007, 07:42 AM
I'll see if I can get it done fast enough.

TheWickedOne
06-16-2007, 12:30 PM
normally it doesn't take me this long to post on this thread during the year.

i digress...

if i can make it to the con this year, i'll be bringing squall from last year and the year before AND auron from dr. axis' portrayal last year and the year before. dr. axis having moved to new york over the winter, will not be able to attend. he did however relinquish his costume to me. and that huge sword is dying to outta the corner.

even if i cannot attend, i've notice at least one other auron in this thread. so yuna will have her guardian. :)

i'll try to stay up to date till con time!

the wicked one (theskarecrow)

p.s. nice to see you're up to the ritual gathering process again this year vampirate!

vampirate
06-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Welcome back Randirien and TheWickedOne! And I hope you can get Auron done in time Viscus!

And that would be awesome if we could outnumber the 501st one day! Maybe if we were as well organized as them and had a cool name like them...

Hiryuu
06-19-2007, 10:27 AM
this is difficult...I have a larxene cosplay from kh, but an Aeris from final fantasy

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
this is difficult...I have a larxene cosplay from kh, but an Aeris from final fantasy

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Wear one for a bit then switch ^^

A19Riku
06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
AHHHHHH im gonna be raped !!!!*hides*

london2191
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
xDD

We should get a stormtroopers versus KH-ers pic. Last year, there was the Harry Pottah gang against some things I don't even know what they were. They were oddly tentacled tho'. o.o

orca_sora
06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
*De-lurking*

Hiya, I'm the Sora to randirien's Riku she has already mentioned. This will be my first D*Con visit ^_^ I'm thrilled beyond all logical reason.

We were talking about doing the parade and haven't made a final decision on which costume to wear (our other big cosplay will be D. Gray-Man). I was curious to know if there's going to be a group of KH/video game cosplayers doing the parade?

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-21-2007, 03:06 PM
my group will be ^^

ryoogawa
06-21-2007, 09:01 PM
AHHHHHH im gonna be raped !!!!*hides*

OMG you have computer access at governor's school?! o-o

Did your parents say yes to ticket buying??

And umm..*tries to think of something on topic to justify this post*...

I'm going as Kadaj! [justification?]

o-o... *shot*

orca_sora
06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
my group will be ^^

Score! Are you doing it as an organized thing or are just going to register together? It'd be neat if the photoshoot people amassed together for the parade to do a preliminary thing, ne?

london2191
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I think I'm just gonna do Yuna for Saturday *hugs staff* because I have Namine for the shoot on Sunday. We should build a giant FF&KH group to overwhelm the stormtroopers? :O

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Score! Are you doing it as an organized thing or are just going to register together? It'd be neat if the photoshoot people amassed together for the parade to do a preliminary thing, ne?

Organized thing. We have a Sora,Riku,Kairi,Namine,and a heartless,and probably a few more.

Rukia_Kurosaki
06-21-2007, 10:21 PM

Would you like to join us? -is the Sora mentioned by Chrnothesinner- The more the better! ^-^

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Would you like to join us? -is the Sora mentioned by Chrnothesinner- The more the better! ^-^

Yup more are welcome ^___^

lostchildmiroku
06-22-2007, 11:30 AM
im the heartless mentioned by chrono

orca_sora
06-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Score ^_^ As I told Kayago_Murikai, I have to discuss with my group on which costumes we're ultimately going to wear for the parade. We're going to Anime Festival Orlando 8 at the beginning of August, and we will determine after that which of our costumes will be best to use for the parade! We'll be sure to let you guys know if we choose to go with KH.

We're definitely wearing KH on Sunday for the photoshoot, though. We'll be there no matter what ^_^

Elendriel
06-22-2007, 02:58 PM
If things work out, I might have Aqua (from KH3) done. if not, then I'll have Riku and Roxas :)

AshleyV
06-22-2007, 04:23 PM
I'll be there as Jane from Tarzan; however, if I finish Megara then I'll bring her.

Viscus
06-23-2007, 04:12 PM
About 50% on if I can even go to D*Con anymore.

However, if I do, my Auron is done except for the accessories.

A19Riku
06-26-2007, 05:38 PM
OMG you have computer access at governor's school?! o-o

Did your parents say yes to ticket buying??

And umm..*tries to think of something on topic to justify this post*...

I'm going as Kadaj! [justification?]

o-o... *shot*

ya i have computer time when im not being lazy or if i steal pedros computer

but ya im gonna call u about that and ummmm

Justification
Im gonna be cloud .......... well i tried

london2191
06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
CloakedSchemer: Yay! Bring Roxas! -clings-

My Namine wig is almost done. =D I might not come on Monday /and/ Friday tho' due to the lackage of a place to stay.

vampirate
06-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Wow, there's starting to be so many people that I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone. Maybe we should make a list of who all is coming and which character they're cosplaying as?

And I want to see your Meg AshleyV!

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-27-2007, 06:55 PM
That's a good idea ^.^ Good luck with it.

vampirate
06-27-2007, 08:09 PM
-vampirate - Fran(artwork version), FFXII
-sweetvenus - Celes or Esper Terra, FFVI
-Shuya of Light - Wisdom Form Sora or Roxas, KH2
-anduin - Rinoa, FFVIII
-R-chan - Nono, FFTA(and XII kind of)
-london2192 - Namine, KH2
-Sako-chan - Kairi(black dress), KH2(I'm guessing)
-ravenmist - Lightning, FFXIII
-a-tastic - Ovelia or Geomancer, FFT
-ChrnotheSinner - Riku or Kairi, KH2
-kell - Bell, KH
-allison_smiley - Rikku, FFX-2
-lostchildmiroku - Neoshadow, KH2
-MakioTwist - Irvine, FFVIII
-mocha - thief Rikku, FFX-2
-amechan - Lulu, FFX
-Kayago_Murikai - Sora, KH2
-Ningyo Sachi - Roxas, KH2
-A19Riku - Cloud, FFVII
-Demon_Slayer69(+1) - Kairi and Namine, KH2
-Randirien - Riku, KH1 or 2
-Viscus - Auron, FFX
-TheWickedOne - Squall, FFVIII
-Hiryuu - Larxene or Aeris, KH2 or FFVII
-orca_sora - Sora, KH
-ryoogawa - Kadaj, FFVIIAC
-CloakedSchemer - Aqua or Riku or Roxas, FFXIII or KH(2)
-AshleyV - Jane or Megara, KH1 or 2
-LiL KRN YUNA - Kairi, KH2
-MeahtSingan - Mulan, KH2
-CloakedSchemer - Fran, Riku, Zexion, FFXII, KH2, KHCoM
-Giant Alucard - Auron, FFX
-sakura-chan87(+1) - school uniform Kairi and Sora, KH2
-The Kraken - Auron, FFX
-aiuchi - Namine, KH2
-rosabella - funeral Ashe, FFXII
-tats27 - Ninja AF, FFXI
-Lynnisincraze - Tifa, FFVII(or AC)
-Kira-hime - Halloween Town Kairi, KH

I tried to leave out friends who were mentioned in posts to avoid double listing since a lot of them seem to be joining the thread. And my friend who cosplayed at the shoot last year in my white mage who is actually *my* Namine might be borrowing my Kairi this year. How odd is that thought, Namine cosplaying Kairi...And before when I posted on lj I got a lot of positive response from Disney cosplayers, I really hope they make it. I'll make another lj post soonish.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
both of mine was KH 2,End of Game Riku,and Pink dress of Kairi's. Kayago's is KH 2 Sora

london2191
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
I thought there were more Namines...but you said those were just friends, right?

btw, could you add LiL KRN YUNA KHII Kairi, please? Also...this list is only for the shoot, right? Not for the whole convention?

orca_sora
06-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Awesome list - that really gives us a perspective!

vampirate
06-28-2007, 08:22 AM
I thought there were more Namines...but you said those were just friends, right?

btw, could you add LiL KRN YUNA KHII Kairi, please? Also...this list is only for the shoot, right? Not for the whole convention?

Yeah, when someone says they're bringing a friend and they're cosplaying as so and so I'd rather wait and see if we get a cosplay.com name to attach to them later. It would just get more confusing for me if I tried to list all the non cosplay.com friends.

I'll totally put her down!

And yeah, I'm just listing the for the shoot. Hopefully knowing who we're looking for will help make it easier to find everyone if anyone gets lost or something.

TheWickedOne
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
here's how it'll pan out for me...

i'll be trying to go to newyourk, to visit my best friend, so i'll be a little broke to experience the whole of the con. it'll probably be a over-nighter. but one of the days i'll be there will be for the FF photo shoot.

i'll bring the squall and auron costumes. if viscus can't get his auron together in time, i'll wear auon, or have a friend wear it. or, i may let them wear it if they have no costume of their own.

right now i'm playing it by ear, but i think it'll work out well.

Ichigo_Kurosaki
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I might be doing the guy from FF XIII one day there,or Zack from FF VII Crisis Core. I'm still wearing both of those at some point too,but dunno which.

Is there 2 shoots?

MeahtSingan
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
I'll be tagging along with Randirien and orca_sora. I was a photographer at the shoot last year but this year will be dressing as Mulan from KHII on Sunday.

london2191
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
FF versus XIII? FF XII Agito? FF XIII? =so many guys. xD

Reatrea
07-02-2007, 07:59 PM
So is there a set time for it yet?

Ichigo_Kurosaki
07-02-2007, 09:01 PM
FF versus XIII? FF XII Agito? FF XIII? =so many guys. xD

The Blue Haired one from Versus =P

Elendriel
07-03-2007, 07:03 AM
well count me in for Fran, probably Riku (KH2) and Zexion (Chain of Memories) :)

london2191
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Wah, all my favorite characters. xD

I wonder if KH is gonna have a bigger turnout than FF this year...we might have to start splitting our shoots soon. =]

orca_sora
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
A large shoot should be fun. I've never been to one but the more the merrier, eh? Since FF is canon with KH, I don't see a need for separate shoots unless you want to get game specific with some of the characters who have yet to made an appearance in KH. But you totally know they all eventually will. My money is on Vincent sometime in a future title.

lostchildmiroku
07-03-2007, 04:37 PM
just to let the person know who made the list i am not doing the regular heartless XD its the Neoshadow from kh2

Giant Alucard
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Thinking bout bringing My auron costume along with me, altho i may have to try and ressurect my sword since it's def seen better days!

london2191
07-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Omg, bring it on Saturday if possible. =3 I'm wearing my Summoner Yuna then. *in the parade as well* My previous Auron abandoned me. ~_~

Amechan
07-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes yes, Saturday is a good day for Auron. That way I won't be the only guardian there. Hooray for FFX!

london2191
07-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Huzzaaahhhh. =3 I hope we can find other FFX charries there for us. ^^ So far, Yuna, Lulu, and Auron.

vampirate
07-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey, guys! I'll update the list later. I'm in a hurry now getting ready to drive down to Florida. Which brings me to...I should be at Metrocon with my white mage if anyone is going. I'm not using a wig this time though, but if anyone is there and recognizes me by my hoodie feel free to come talk. I'd love to get to see any of you before D*Con.

lostchildmiroku
07-04-2007, 09:07 PM
omg vamp look for me i will be there at metro con cosplaying my heartless hope to see you there ^^ ttyl (ish getting ready as well )

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-04-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey, guys! I'll update the list later. I'm in a hurry now getting ready to drive down to Florida. Which brings me to...I should be at Metrocon with my white mage if anyone is going. I'm not using a wig this time though, but if anyone is there and recognizes me by my hoodie feel free to come talk. I'd love to get to see any of you before D*Con.

I'll be there as Sora.

vampirate
07-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Okay, the list is updated.

Aw, I'm sad I missed you guys that were at Metrocon. My friend that I went with and I only came for a few hours Friday and Saturday afternoon. But since we weren't doing any contests or interested in the chess match there wasn't much for us to do.

Anyways, aiuchi might be getting a wig(instead of dying it again) and bring her Namine instead of getting a different wig and borrowing my Kairi. I'm waiting to see exactly what she decides. And apparently Yaya is having a Disney shoot that she might just decide to conviently have it kind of around the same time as our shoot so that they can get in on the KH fun. I'm also working on convincing friends who have very full costume schedules this year they need to at least make a FF/KH costume for next year. ;)

And for anyone newish to the thread the shoot is at 2pm Sunday afternoon at the Marriott patio.

london2191
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Yay for Aiuichi! xD I'm looking forward to seeing Yaya this year. For the 2 years I've been going, I haven't seen her once. >_<

sakura-chan87
07-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Well, my little brother has finished Sora, and so I most likely will be tagging along with him as school girl Kairi from KH2. ^_^
Won't that be a sight? lol!!

The Kraken
07-15-2007, 04:16 AM
I'll be there with my Auron.

london2191
07-15-2007, 10:20 AM
-pokes Kraken- Hahah, you know you'll be doing that Saturday with me as Yuna. =]

The Kraken
07-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Ha ha! I'll be out and about. I'll be with Mzwhite and KC as Rikku and gunner Yuna. Keep an eye out for me! I have to dye my hair blond for Sabretooth for the first half of the weekend and then back to black for Auron. So I will likely have it going on from Saturday afternoon on, I guess. Depends on how into Sabretooth I am...

london2191
07-15-2007, 02:17 PM
xD Awesome. I look forward to seeing you guys!

The Kraken
07-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah! It's going to be fun. I've never done a Final Fantasy character before, so this is new for me. It's been hard to find one that doesn't look androgynous! Auron is pretty much a total badass, so I'll take it.

mocha
07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Ok so I've figured out which costume I'm bringing! Since I *should* have the blades in time, I'm going with Rikku's thief costume from X-2. However the FFX version is going to be on standby just in case. ^_^;

Good luck to you all with making your costumes!

Miss Meru
07-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Ok, well I just got my Rosette wig which is also perfect for Namine too *thank God* so I'll be able to wear her for the shoot!! ^_^ I'm so happy I can start wearing this costume again!

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-23-2007, 01:06 AM
For those going to the parade, the heartless won't be there from what I hear.

rosabella
07-23-2007, 01:11 AM
I'll deffinately be there. I'll probably be wearing my funeral Ashe (FFXII) but I might wear my Amano Terra Branford (FFVI).

vampirate
07-24-2007, 07:56 PM
The list is updated! And my Fran dress is done. I've also got an ear frame. So the sleeves and my petticoat/underskirt are my next pieces to work on.

lostchildmiroku
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
im not sure if i will bring my heartless costume if i do. i will be only wearing if for the photoshoot i dont know if i am going to do it for the parade

Rukia_Kurosaki
07-24-2007, 10:33 PM
The list is updated!

Where's the list? O.O

vampirate
07-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Where's the list? O.O

Top of page 7. ;)

vampirate
07-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Whoo, double posting!

Anyways, I've finally got some progress to show if anyone wants to check it out.

http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=84011&member=32117

tats27
07-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I plan on wearing my Ninja AF from FF 11.... can I join lol?

TheWickedOne
07-30-2007, 09:05 AM
another change in plans. looks like i'll make the con after all. night sure of my total dates, but i'll be there for the photo shoot.

bad news: i may have to retire squall. too many elements of that costume are messed up or worn out beyond repair. i'd have to start from scratch. i don't have that time as i'll be starting a new job.

i have a tried and true auron costume at my disposal. i may just have to go with that. let me know what you think i should do vampirate.

vampirate
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
another change in plans. looks like i'll make the con after all. night sure of my total dates, but i'll be there for the photo shoot.

bad news: i may have to retire squall. too many elements of that costume are messed up or worn out beyond repair. i'd have to start from scratch. i don't have that time as i'll be starting a new job.

i have a tried and true auron costume at my disposal. i may just have to go with that. let me know what you think i should do vampirate.

Well, if Squall is a bit worn out I'd say go ahead and bring Auron. Though for future reference I'd like to see you put together Squall's(or Leon, whatever) KH costume sometime when you get around to making new stuff. *hint* ;)

And, we'll see you there tats27!

TheWickedOne
07-30-2007, 11:22 AM
i'd need to pick up another copy of KH2, having borrowed the copy i played. maybe i could find a way to resurrect the squall costume as a KH leon.only time will tell. i will be starting a new job and i'll be devoting a lot of time to that endeavor.

i'll work on what i can before con time.

london2191
07-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Yay, such awesome costummmmes! I look forward to seeing them all!

A19Riku
07-31-2007, 02:31 AM
I'll deffinately be there. I'll probably be wearing my funeral Ashe (FFXII) but I might wear my Amano Terra Branford (FFVI).

...... wait ..... r u talking bout the photoshoot or the parade ....... bc ...... yaaaaaaa im assuming we r all driving in together (sry im dumb) and if we r talking bout the parade ...... thats .... in the morning ..... and um ya lol .... good luck getting me up if thats the case

vampirate
08-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I just got my friend Silas(of My Little Transformer) to agree to bring a nice camera and take pictures at the shoot. Now I'm much less worried about the photographer issue. It was really nice having Eurobeat King at the shoot last year. Of course if anyone still wants to bring photographer friends encourage that by all means! The more the merrier!

Lynnisincraze
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
I may(and it's a pretty big may, as I'm lacking a wig) have Penelo. If I can find a good wig(assuming I can afford it and have it in time) then I'll definitely bring her. I want to wear that costume so bad! But if not, I'll have Tifa, or an unamed FFXIII character.

vampirate
08-04-2007, 09:45 AM
I may(and it's a pretty big may, as I'm lacking a wig) have Penelo. If I can find a good wig(assuming I can afford it and have it in time) then I'll definitely bring her. I want to wear that costume so bad! But if not, I'll have Tifa, or an unamed FFXIII character.

Oh, I hope you get your Penelo wig! I'll put you down as Penelo or Tifa since well, we don't have a name for the other one. ;)

Kira-hime
08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I'll be there as Halloween Town Kairi. And this means I can go off on my own w/o my mom (She's paying for me to go since I don't have enough for both AWA and D*C and she didn't want to go by herself. She actually threatened to ground me if I didn't go with her 0.o) Yay! Cosplay groups!

vampirate
08-08-2007, 06:34 PM
I'll be there as Halloween Town Kairi. And this means I can go off on my own w/o my mom (She's paying for me to go since I don't have enough for both AWA and D*C and she didn't want to go by herself. She actually threatened to ground me if I didn't go with her 0.o) Yay! Cosplay groups!

Halloween Town Kairi sounds cute! You could always try and get your mom to dress up for the shoot too. My dad is actually coming to the con also, but he'll only be there Friday and Saturday.

ravenmist
08-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Ok, turns out my gunblade for my Lightning cosplay will not be done in time due to unforseen circumstaces, which I completely understand. So I will be weapon-less, unless someone else doing Lightning doesn't mind me borrowing their gunblade for my photoshoot with EBK. If not then I'll do Saber for my photoshoot or bring Yuna with me. Not sure yet, but we'll see.
So I'll wear Lighting to the KH/FF shoot I just won't be complete. Hope no one minds.

The Kraken
08-08-2007, 11:55 PM
I just finished cutting out the armor plates for my Auron costume today. I used sheet metal for the shoulder, boot and gauntlet armor. Now I have to decorate it all! Damn it. I will be ready in time, though! Looking forward to seeing you guys. I'm rolling in with the best damn Rikku and Yuna I've ever seen...

vampirate
08-09-2007, 09:17 AM
ravenmist, aw that's kind of sad. But I'm sure you'll still look cool without it. I bet there'll be some keyblades and stuff at the shoot. Maybe we could get a picture of you with one of those. Lightning could be wondering how the heck she ended up in KH.

The Kraken, that sounds pretty hardcore. Can't wait to see it!

london2191
08-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Aw, at least you have Lightning done! I've been waiting to see one of them FFXIII cosplays in person. ^^

Man, this is gonna be a HUGE meetup. Waves and crowds of these crazy little keyblade masters and summoners and mages and such.

ravenmist
08-09-2007, 04:06 PM
ravenmist, aw that's kind of sad. But I'm sure you'll still look cool without it. I bet there'll be some keyblades and stuff at the shoot. Maybe we could get a picture of you with one of those. Lightning could be wondering how the heck she ended up in KH.

Haha!! That'd be awesome. I'd love some confused looking shots of me with a keyblade. Maybe there will be another Lightning there with a gunblade so I can get a few shots with one. Who knows! =)
Anything goes I guess.

rosabella
08-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Ok. So it looks like I'm going to be Funeral Ashe for the gathering. So sign me up ^^

ColorfulNumbers
08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
I'll be Rufus Shinra from FFVII this year (My only costume this time around).

I'd love to join you if my dark hair won't get me laughed out of the hotel :lost:. (I don't have a wig)

It's still Sunday, right? Any particular time?

I'm trying to convince a friend to wear a Turks uniform.

Thanks, vampirate & co., for putting this thread together.

Here are my photos from last year:
http://www.themandywithoutfear.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=10
last year's FF/KH cosplay, specifically:
http://www.themandywithoutfear.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=14&g2_page=6

Lynnisincraze
08-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Ok. Definitely Tifa. Penelo's wig is not happening unless I want to spend all of my money, and I have to have money to eat off of in Atlanta. This year is my first time going to Dragon Con! ^^

A19Riku
08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
UGH!!! at the rate im goign bc of school im soo afraid im going to be a swordless cloud ..... and ya thats no fun ......

ravenmist
08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
It's ok, A19Riku, I'll be weaponless, too. My friend is going to be a swordless Cloud, too, cause we're running out of time. It's ok. We're all in it together and we'll have fun anyway!! =)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm a keybladeless Riku ^^' so yeah. I want to see more pics of your Lighting costume. Haven't seen too many cosplay her yet.

vampirate
08-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Okay, the list on page 7 has been edited.

And it looks like the Disney cosplayers will be joining us on the patio at 2:30. That should make it really easy for getting lots of great Kingdom Hearts pictures!

Amechan
08-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Ugh! I'm so pissed! I ordered hair extensions to make Lulu's bun and braids a couple of days ago and they won't come in until after Dragon*con. And I can't bring myself to wear the costume without the right hair style. Which is why I'm so pissed.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wear a different costume to D*C that I already have all the parts to... so, I'm not going as Lulu and I won't be at the photoshoot. T_T

sakura-chan87
08-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Okay, so do we have a confirmed date and time yet for this gathering/photoshoot? I'm just trying to plan my costume schedule. ^_~
How about location?

london2191
08-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Aw....I really wanted to see it. =( Well, maybe later on then.

vampirate
08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Guess I need to repost this incase anyone doesn't read all the old posts:

And for anyone newish to the thread the shoot is at 2pm Sunday afternoon at the Marriott patio.

Amechan: I hate when things like that happen! Not getting a wig in time was the why I didn't even go to the Atlanta Comics Expo. You could still come hang out with us and talk about plans for next year. ;)

Ichigo_Kurosaki
08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Edit your first post with the info ^^

And yeah that sucks,but maybe hanging out could be just as fun ^.^

Elendriel
08-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Count me in for Lord Rasler! :D Rosabella, we should find a time to meet up, maybe get some pics with EBK :)

Amechan
08-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I'll definately try to swing by to take some pictures of the meet up, since I am, after all, a photographer. One thing is for sure though, my Lulu costume will be done by D*Con '08. XD

rosabella
08-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Count me in for Lord Rasler! :D Rosabella, we should find a time to meet up, maybe get some pics with EBK :)

Hell yeah!! EBK said that we should give him a call when we're in costume. ^^ He's kidnapping us for some pictures. When do you plan on wearing Lord Rasler?

I am so excited now! This makes me almost, keyword being almost, want to start on the embroidery work on my soon-to-be Wedding Ashe (which will most certainly NOT be done in time for DC or AWA even if I worked non-stop)!!!

Elendriel
08-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Hell yeah!! EBK said that we should give him a call when we're in costume. ^^ He's kidnapping us for some pictures. When do you plan on wearing Lord Rasler?

I am so excited now!

awesome! :D yeah Al is cool. He does great photography. hehe... I don't think we'll mind getting kidnapped lol

I can do Rasler whenever you want to :) So when you plan on wearing your Ashe, I'll do Rasler. What day were you looking at? Just sunday or a diff day too? (I'll be there all 4 days)

and I can't wait to see your Wedding Ashe :) We must get pics at the con you premire her at

rosabella
08-15-2007, 10:49 PM
awesome! :D yeah Al is cool. He does great photography. hehe... I don't think we'll mind getting kidnapped lol

I can do Rasler whenever you want to :) So when you plan on wearing your Ashe, I'll do Rasler. What day were you looking at? Just sunday or a diff day too? (I'll be there all 4 days)

and I can't wait to see your Wedding Ashe :) We must get pics at the con you premire her at

LOL I'm excited!

I know I'm wearing Ashe for Saturday but I know I'll wear it more then that. Probably Friday too so I can see what I need to change before saturday. My movements are very limited in ashe. :bigcry: ....and I walk kinda slow. I'll be there all 4 days too. What days were you looking at?

Wedding Ashe. It's not nearly done yet since I only started her a week ago. All I have is the base of the dress and miles and miles of tulle for the veil. *sigh* The extreme level of detail makes me want to gouge my eyes out. But yeeeeessss!! We must get pictures!

The Kraken
08-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Sunday is perfect. I have to dye my hair back from blonde for Sabretooth so I can do Auron and I was planning on doing that on Sunday. That works for me.

Elendriel
08-16-2007, 07:11 AM
LOL I'm excited!

I know I'm wearing Ashe for Saturday but I know I'll wear it more then that. Probably Friday too so I can see what I need to change before saturday. My movements are very limited in ashe. :bigcry: ....and I walk kinda slow. I'll be there all 4 days too. What days were you looking at?

Wedding Ashe. It's not nearly done yet since I only started her a week ago. All I have is the base of the dress and miles and miles of tulle for the veil. *sigh* The extreme level of detail makes me want to gouge my eyes out. But yeeeeessss!! We must get pictures!

okies, let's do it Saturday then! :) I don't have any commitments that day (as far as I know). I was thinking about entering the contest Sat morning, you want to do that?

vampirate
08-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Edit your first post with the info ^^

And yeah that sucks,but maybe hanging out could be just as fun ^.^

Not a bad idea.....

*puts the list, time, and location on the first page*

CloakedSchemer: Are you wearing Rasler to the shoot now?

Amechan: I still left you on the list, you can see how I changed it. ;)

And if anyone wants to change any of their info just let me know.

rosabella
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
okies, let's do it Saturday then! :) I don't have any commitments that day (as far as I know). I was thinking about entering the contest Sat morning, you want to do that?

Ok ^^ Saturday it is. :) Where/when do you want to meet up?

Contest...ok. ^^

Elendriel
08-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Ok ^^ Saturday it is. :) Where/when do you want to meet up?

Contest...ok. ^^

actually that contest is Sunday morning, (the hallway one, where you get your picture taken and ppl vote.) so maybe we can whip Rasler and Ashe out just briefly Sunday morning for that? I duno lol, totally up to you

as for Saturday...I tend to get up pretty early, but whatever time is good for you. If we say... 8:30 am (if that's not too early), then we can meet up and do the parade

and then after that just walk around until we get tired of being in the cosplays lol.

Completely up to you.. If you don't want to do the parade in Ashe, we can wear whichever cosplays for that and then meet up after :) tho I think it'd be fun to be in a parade lol

vampirate
08-16-2007, 07:54 PM
CloakedSchemer: Generally they are taking pictures for the Hall contest during the day Friday and Saturday. I think they just save the voting for Sunday. Since voting doesn't start when picture taking does people who get their picture taken Friday won't rack up votes unfairly due to lack of competition.

rosabella
08-16-2007, 08:43 PM
actually that contest is Sunday morning, (the hallway one, where you get your picture taken and ppl vote.) so maybe we can whip Rasler and Ashe out just briefly Sunday morning for that? I duno lol, totally up to you

as for Saturday...I tend to get up pretty early, but whatever time is good for you. If we say... 8:30 am (if that's not too early), then we can meet up and do the parade

and then after that just walk around until we get tired of being in the cosplays lol.

Completely up to you.. If you don't want to do the parade in Ashe, we can wear whichever cosplays for that and then meet up after :) tho I think it'd be fun to be in a parade lol

OOo ok. I can do that. I am totally down of Ashe and Rasler on Sunday morning! YAY I get to cosplay with Lord Rasler!!

I get up pretty early, too. 8:30 should be ok and I'm down to be in the parade. That would be loads of fun! I just have to do a test run tomorrow after my classes to see how fast I can walk around in the "skirt of death." I should warn you though, chances are that I won't be tired of this dress. ^^

The Kraken
08-16-2007, 09:48 PM
I finally got my Auron to a point where it's picture-worthy. It's about 90% done. Check it out in my gallery if you'd like a sneaky peek!

london2191
08-16-2007, 09:59 PM
The Kraken: Uwah! I look forward to seeing this! I might've already asked this...but are you doing this Saturday? :O I'm doing Yuna that day so it'd be cool if we could get together.

The Kraken
08-16-2007, 10:02 PM
I won't be busting Auron out until Sunday, unfortunately. I have to bleach my hair for Sabretooth and then back to black for Auron. Since I want to get the most out of Sabretooth (I paid quite a bit for it), I'll be doing it for the first three days.

Elendriel
08-17-2007, 09:23 AM
CloakedSchemer: Generally they are taking pictures for the Hall contest during the day Friday and Saturday. I think they just save the voting for Sunday. Since voting doesn't start when picture taking does people who get their picture taken Friday won't rack up votes unfairly due to lack of competition.

ok great! Thanks so much! lol that makes things a lot easier

OOo ok. I can do that. I am totally down of Ashe and Rasler on Sunday morning! YAY I get to cosplay with Lord Rasler!!

I get up pretty early, too. 8:30 should be ok and I'm down to be in the parade. That would be loads of fun! I just have to do a test run tomorrow after my classes to see how fast I can walk around in the "skirt of death." I should warn you though, chances are that I won't be tired of this dress. ^^

hehe. We'll have fun, definitely! and like Vampirate said, we can run around Sat as Rasler and Ashe and get our pics taken for the hall costume contest and see how the voting goes Sunday :D and then, maybe SUnday afternoon for the FF shoot, we can do them again. but definitely Saturday we'll do them.

rosabella
08-17-2007, 10:47 AM
hehe. We'll have fun, definitely! and like Vampirate said, we can run around Sat as Rasler and Ashe and get our pics taken for the hall costume contest and see how the voting goes Sunday :D and then, maybe SUnday afternoon for the FF shoot, we can do them again. but definitely Saturday we'll do them.

Ok. ^^ Sounds like a plan.

TheWickedOne
08-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I finally got my Auron to a point where it's picture-worthy. It's about 90% done. Check it out in my gallery if you'd like a sneaky peek!

i checked out your auron costume, and you have done a great job! be very proud of yourself, your attention to detail is impressive.

i'm glad you have done such a wonderful job on your costume, you see, due to timing with my new job, which i'll be moving for, i won't be able to make it to the con, so there will definitely need to be an auron there, and you should be the one in my opinion.

good luck everybody! and i hope to see you all next year, when i should definitely be able to show.

- the wicked one

orca_sora
08-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Is this a crazy idea, or what? But I've noticed a lot of groups doing gatherings/dinners at the local restaurants - especially Hard Rock. Would it be nuts if our shoot moved to take over a place to eat together and be nutty Square-Enix/Disney folks together? Just an idea.

The Kraken
08-17-2007, 02:51 PM
i checked out your auron costume, and you have done a great job! be very proud of yourself, your attention to detail is impressive.

i'm glad you have done such a wonderful job on your costume, you see, due to timing with my new job, which i'll be moving for, i won't be able to make it to the con, so there will definitely need to be an auron there, and you should be the one in my opinion.

good luck everybody! and i hope to see you all next year, when i should definitely be able to show.

- the wicked one

Wow! Thanks, man. I really appreciate such a nice compliment!

MeahtSingan
08-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Is this a crazy idea, or what? But I've noticed a lot of groups doing gatherings/dinners at the local restaurants - especially Hard Rock. Would it be nuts if our shoot moved to take over a place to eat together and be nutty Square-Enix/Disney folks together? Just an idea.

That could be entertaining! I've never had an opportunity to costume outside con space.

orca_sora
08-17-2007, 03:52 PM
I would imagine that for Atlanta, it's no surprise. Doing it here at home certainly raises eyebrows, even if there's a con nearby XD But it's definitely a different experience!

The Kraken
08-17-2007, 04:03 PM
A lot of groups go out with just t-shirts with their logo on it or whatever (that's what we do). A few of our guys came down to Steak & Ale last year in full Umbrella or Stormtrooper armor and that's a few blocks away. I say "Who cares?" It's Dragon*Con weekend and I would imagine most people know that. Atlanta is a pretty progressive city anyway...

Elendriel
08-17-2007, 08:21 PM
Going out to eat in cosplay is always an adventure lol. We've done cosplay dinners before, and it's been a blast

The only thing I'd watch is some FF cosplays are very extensive and sometimes bulky, so maybe we can have our shoot at the Hyatt (or what not) and then anyone who wants to go to dinner, can. Maybe?

rosabella
08-17-2007, 10:13 PM

I go to school in downtown ATL. It's SCARY. I wouldn't be comfortable going outside the con space in a costume. But if it's whateveryone wants....

london2191
08-17-2007, 10:31 PM
lol, once more, the final fantasy cast takes on another mission. I don't think people will be too surprised that crazy people dressed up are trekking around downtown. Me and my cosplay group do it all the time.

orca_sora
08-17-2007, 10:52 PM
I think that's reasonable. I've never been to D*Con, so if anyone has any ideas if they think this would be a good one, I'm willing to consider it :-D

The Kraken
08-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I've been to that mall that's attached to the Hyatt to eat in costume before. They kind of expect it there. When we went to ACE a few months ago, the food court people wanted to take pictures with us in our Umbrella stuff and they asked if we would be back for Dragon*Con. It was pretty funny.

vampirate
08-18-2007, 09:11 AM
I don't know what I would do without that attached food court! I do always try and bring some of my own food, but I'm going to get tired of granola bars and ramen made with the hotel coffee pot. And eating out all the time at nice places or breaking down and paying for overpriced hotel food just adds up to more money than I want to spend on food.

Anyways, back to this particular issue. Personally my dress is white, so I'd like to avoid eating in it. I'd probably be up for getting some Orange Julius or something like that though. Because that is in the oh so convenient food court, and they have drink lids, and I can kind of be a clutz sometimes. And as long as they are all back open you can get to the food court from the Marriott via the "hamster trails".

orca_sora
08-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I also personally can't eat anything without getting some of it on me either, lol. It was just a thought - reading about the Colonials and the Klingons having shindigs at the HRC put mental images in my head XD

vampirate
08-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I also personally can't eat anything without getting some of it on me either, lol. It was just a thought - reading about the Colonials and the Klingons having shindigs at the HRC put mental images in my head XD

Which kind of brings up this crazy thought I've had rattling around in my head: Wouldn't it be cool if we were as well organized as such groups. Maybe not just FF/KH but if all Squeenix cosplayers had some sort of group like the 501st to belong to. Then we could have fun dorky t-shirts and stuff, and then plan out of costume lunch gatherings and stuff and still be highly recognizable to each other. Just a thought. Maybe if we all work together we could get the ball rolling for something by next year.

The Kraken
08-18-2007, 06:04 PM
If you want to do that, you'll first have to start with a forum. Well, like this one... ha ha! It should be easy enough to get members. There are enough people that do these kinds of costumes.

orca_sora
08-18-2007, 08:23 PM
I think that's an awesome idea. I wonder how the 501st got started as an official organization. Probably would need permission legally to make it official. But I would totally join a Square-Enix group.

The Kraken
08-18-2007, 08:31 PM
We never got permission from Capcom or anybody. As long as you don't make a profit using their logos and what-not, it should be fine.

vampirate
08-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, as long as you change things up(similar to parody rules/rights maybe), are non-profit, and non-offensive I don't think major companies can have too much beef with such groups/organizations. My friend and I who I started My Little Transformer with have not had problems with Hasbro for reasons such as us not making money off of it, being mostly family friendly, and actually having some Hasbro people like the show.

If anyone has any suggestions about user friendly free domains with forum hosting maybe we should look into that. Or maybe we could get away with charging a forum subscription to pay for a domain. Someone who knows more about domain hosting and website building than I could probably make better suggestions.

orca_sora
08-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Ah, that's cool then. I've just had experience with other fandoms where the companies haven't been as lenient. I was involved in the administration of the first Harry Potter symposium back in 2003 and involved with another in 2005. Warner Brothers is *extremely* protective of the names and images and we had a lot of problems getting around that, even though the events were non-profit and listed with the government as tax exempt.

It would be cool, though, if Square-Enix doesn't have a problem. Disney might be another matter, though.

-- Hey, I've been keeping tabs with the Disney shoot and apparently someone found out that the location we're supposed to use this year is still blocked off with construction. Is there a way people can keep updated with any possible location changes at the con?

vampirate
08-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh no! I addressed the location issue to the D*Con livejournal and got some really wonderful responses so far, and suggestions for locations for photo shoots. Everyone please look over the post and tell me what you think about back up locations. Maybe our plan should be that sometime before Sunday everyone check on their own to see if the patio is open. And if it is not we will meet at the back up location. What does everyone think?

http://community.livejournal.com/dragoncon/1164604.html

A19Riku
08-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Oh no! I addressed the location issue to the D*Con livejournal and got some really wonderful responses so far, and suggestions for locations for photo shoots. Everyone please look over the post and tell me what you think about back up locations. Maybe our plan should be that sometime before Sunday everyone check on their own to see if the patio is open. And if it is not we will meet at the back up location. What does everyone think?

http://community.livejournal.com/dragoncon/1164604.html

ahhh water fountains !!! their pretty we should do it there :) btw is there any set time for this yet???

orca_sora
08-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, a lot of people responded to the call for aid -- now there's so many possible locations that look great! Personally, any of them I think will work fine. Personally, I think that perhaps it'd be a good idea since it seems like no one part of our group has been to these locations, we should probably all meet somewhere at the con location first and then travel as a group to where we decide to shoot. This way, we minimize the number of people who may get lost. I know I've never been to downtown Atlanta before :-\

A19Riku - the time's been confirmed for quite a while: 2 PM on Sunday

A19Riku
08-20-2007, 09:27 PM
ya ok sry if this is a little off topic but does anyone know of someone who still needs a ticket bc i have an extra im trying to get rid of

london2191
08-20-2007, 09:38 PM
o.o Is it for all 4 days and how much?

vampirate
08-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Okay, so the Suntrust building/plaza across from the Hyatt as well as Hardy Ivy Park seem to be kind of next to each other. Do we maybe want to still meet in the Marriott to find anyone who may have not heard of the location issues, and then walk over to this general area as a group? I can imagine it might take us a while too, since we'll probably draw a lot of attention and photographers might stop us. ;)

And I think I am meeting up with a local friend Friday so I can learn how to get to locations.

A19Riku
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
o.o Is it for all 4 days and how much?

its all 4 but it would be full price -_-;; and im still losing money one it (dran transfer fee)

MeahtSingan
08-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Okay, so the Suntrust building/plaza across from the Hyatt as well as Hardy Ivy Park seem to be kind of next to each other. Do we maybe want to still meet in the Marriott to find anyone who may have not heard of the location issues, and then walk over to this general area as a group? I can imagine it might take us a while too, since we'll probably draw a lot of attention and photographers might stop us. ;)

And I think I am meeting up with a local friend Friday so I can learn how to get to locations.

It definitely makes sense to still meet at the Marriott lobby then work our way over to whichever location is decided upon.

orca_sora
08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
I also vouch for meeting in the lobby of the Marriot and then moving to a final location together.

vampirate
08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Okay, so how about meet at the check-in level lobby at 2. Wait around a bit for any stragglers. And then set off on our adventure. I also think a print out of the Dragon*Con photo spots thread might be wonderfully helpful, as well as that google maps page from the lj entry. I'll see if I can't my boyfriend to print those out at his work before the con, since we don't have a printer at home.

london2191
08-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Can someone post the official meet-up and time on the photoshoots thread?

orca_sora
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Okay, so how about meet at the check-in level lobby at 2. Wait around a bit for any stragglers. And then set off on our adventure. I also think a print out of the Dragon*Con photo spots thread might be wonderfully helpful, as well as that google maps page from the lj entry. I'll see if I can't my boyfriend to print those out at his work before the con, since we don't have a printer at home.

That works. Are we still going to invite the Disney group along?

london2191
08-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Well, we can't exactly say no...xD And Disney does play a major part in Kingdom Hearts so they're practically already invited. We could still ask if they wanted to come tho'.

vampirate
08-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I'll have to talk to Yaya or something, although she is flying off to Brazil this weekend. Originally the Disney group was just going to come to the patio later so that we could all get lots of great Kingdom Hearts pictures. Now everything is just more complicated. hrmph. silly construction.

orca_sora
08-23-2007, 11:49 AM
There really aught to be a message board or something at the hotels for people to post announcements and such for purposes like these. I hope it all works out, I was looking forward to some pics with a wider variety of Disney cosplayers since at anime cons they're rare.

vampirate
08-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Well, it looks like AshleyV might be taking over the last week of planning for the Disney shoot. If we can't decide on a definite location before then I can just play phone tag with her that day.

lostchildmiroku
08-24-2007, 01:58 PM
so...let me get this right.. * big yellow eyes blink* i am confused wheres the shoot? im not good bc this will be my second year at dc i don tknow the hotels all that well.. could i give someone my # and when its time for the shoot just..you know...call me and let me know an hour early or something?

orca_sora
08-24-2007, 02:46 PM
As far as I understand it, this is what's official:

The KH/FF Shoot will meet officially in the Marriot lobby, check-in level, at 2 PM on Sunday.

From there, after enough people have gathered, we will move as a group to a location for the actual shoot. Where that is, is still being determined and more likely than not we will find out/decide when we meet at 2 in the Marriot lobby.

Tell one, tell all, tell your neighbors, your pets ... that's the scoop.

vampirate
08-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I've been thinking, what if we first go to somewhere else in the Marriott just to make it easier? Like maybe we meet down at the check-in level and then move up to the 10th floor where there's lots of space. And then after the Disney group catches up then see if we can all successfully head to one of the nifty outdoor locations, cause I love me some outdoor photos. Or if that's too much trouble for such a huge group just stay in the Marriott. Opinions?

The Kraken
08-24-2007, 03:39 PM
In my opinion, all of that movement would be difficult for such a large group. Not to mention, it would be slow as a good majority of people will get stopped for pictures on the way.

orca_sora
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
The Kraken has a point. When I did the KH/FF Shoot at AFO earlier this month, we met at one point and then tried to move as a group to a final location. Not only did no one listen to me and just ... take off in a general direction without really knowing where they were going, but we sorta formed an impromptu parade and were asked for photos along the way. I was able to deflect them with the invite for them to join us at the shoot but I must agree that it's hard to manage a large group of people in an already existing large group of people.

I've never been to D*Con, so I have no idea as to the scope but I realize it's massive. Is the 10th floor easy to get to/easy to spot if we met up there initially? Is the lobby too chaotic for a large group of people to meet and then move on from? I still think we should meet at a hotel first before going anywhere else. We can just tell everyone that if they're stopped for a photo, tell the photographer politely that they can follow us to our shoot but otherwise we can't stop -- that's what I had to do at AFO. We ended up having a huge group of people just taking photos of us as result.

vampirate
08-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I'm worried about moving being difficult. Just three of us walking around together before the shoot last year got stopped enough. The patio was so convenient! I love outdoor pictures, but maybe we will need to stay in the Marriott. I'd just worry about other foot traffic and such staying in the check-in lobby. The 10th floor should be easy to get to. With meeting there I'd just be worried about people who've been too busy to check back with us missing that as the meeting location. Although if everyone else wants to head up there to start with who knows about it, a few of us could stay downstairs to find people. Again, opinions?

orca_sora
08-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I was actually going to suggest sending people in smaller groups to the final destination while others stayed behind to direct and grab late-comers. Weather permitting, I'm also more keen toward outdoor shoots than indoor simply because lighting is generally better.

Grr, stupid construction messing this all up what should have been so simple.

Will the 10th floor be big enough and not cause any problems with fire marshalls?

Lynnisincraze
08-27-2007, 08:26 PM
I feel like a dork for asking, but is there anyone who would be willing to meet me a few minutes ahead and sort of 'direct' me through the photoshoot. I've only been to one other con and I'm still a newbie at this sort of thing.

vampirate
08-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Well, I like to run around a bit before hand and help everyone find everyone. But mostly it's a lot of posing, standing still, and getting your picture taken. Hopefully even though we are missing out on the wonderful patio we will still be able to be organized and get group pictures by game and individual pictures.

And after much discussion. How about we just say that we meet in the check-in level lobby until the Disney group shows up? And when that happens we'll probably be so big we'll need to move to another location. Maybe we can just use the buddy system or something so no one gets lost when/if we have to move.

orca_sora
08-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Well, I like to run around a bit before hand and help everyone find everyone. But mostly it's a lot of posing, standing still, and getting your picture taken. Hopefully even though we are missing out on the wonderful patio we will still be able to be organized and get group pictures by game and individual pictures.

And after much discussion. How about we just say that we meet in the check-in level lobby until the Disney group shows up? And when that happens we'll probably be so big we'll need to move to another location. Maybe we can just use the buddy system or something so no one gets lost when/if we have to move.

Sounds like our best (and only) option, really. Maybe a few D*Con veterans could volunteer to help keep everyone together when we move to our final location, like chaperons? I would, but this is my first time, so I wouldn't trust me not to get lost if I were in charge of directing people XD

evenstar1
08-28-2007, 01:54 PM
ok i have no idea if i posted in this thread or not but i'll be there as halloween town sora.