PDA

View Full Version : any Metal Gear cosplayers going??

EXsoldierSNAKE
01-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Is anyone going as a character from the MGS series to Dragon Con? If I decide to go, I'd hate to be the only one.

Activist
01-19-2007, 08:10 AM
I'll be there as MGS2 tanker/plant Solid Snake with the sneaking suit he wears. I saw a really good Fortune with a huge railgun last year, and a tuxedo Snake, exclamation point guard, a dress uni Big Boss, and an Eva. There seems to be more MGS cosplayers at anime conventions but I'm hoping there'll be more this year. I'm debuting that Snake costume/suit at the San Diego Comic Con this year. Be sure to check back then!

EXsoldierSNAKE
01-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Ok man great to hear it. Im really hoping I can go

Activist
03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread since the con is getting a little closer. I wish we could get a MGS group as big as the Cobra and GI Joe groups together. Those groups rawk!:rockon:

makio
03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I know I'll end up bringing at least one MGS costume(anniversary year and all), not sure what.

EXsoldierSNAKE
03-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Alright! Im glad to hear more of you are on board. I havent ordered my tickets yet but Im hoping to in the next couple of weeks. Anyone know how the rooms are filling up? If I can't get a room at one of the con hotels Im sure there's some others not too far away.

makio
03-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I partly mentioned it on the MARVEL vs DC photoshoot thread; but I'm planning on wearing my METAL GEAR costume on Saturday along with some friends I'm going to D*con with. Hopefully I'll catch up with you guys on that day in theme -- unless another day would be preferred?

EXsoldierSNAKE
03-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Sounds good, but I still havent ordered tickets yet, crap I think Im gonna end up cutting the deadline pretty close

makio
03-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Actually, that's what I'm doing in April, myself. :thumbsup:

Well, that - and a LOT of costume supply shopping. It's going to be an expensive month ahead... We still haven't found decent or ample enough olive drab canvas material for a couple MGS characters yet, so we might turn our focus to searching for a bolt of fabric online.

EXsoldierSNAKE
03-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Im just afraid of the ticket price jacking wayyy up there by the time I get around to ordering the tickets. that and the hotels filling up

Activist
03-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I just reserved two rooms at the Hyatt Regency a couple days ago and didn't have any problems. The hotel situation is not a huge mess like the San Diego Comic Con is. Which makes sense, about 20-25,000 attend Dragoncon, while over a 100,000 attend the SDCC.
I'm going to get a pass pretty soon. I actually got mine while at the con last year.

Spetsnaz
05-22-2007, 01:18 AM
I may make plans to attend Dragon Con. ;)

We'll see what happens.

The Kraken
05-22-2007, 02:53 AM
There was a small Metal Gear group there last year. The funny part was the guy who was the enemy soldier had an exclamation point over his head. It made for some REALLY funny pictures. I thought it was brilliant.

makio
05-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Spetsnaz --- Definitely try to see if you can make it! Tickets are unfortunately jacked up to regular price now(May 15th was the last day to get it at reduced cost), but there's always something going on day and night there. And I'm sure we'll run into other MGS/military-based cosplayers there for photos.

The Kraken --- LoL, I want to bring a MGS-style prop or two(other than prop/orange tipped gun, if that's even allowed these days); even if it's something as memorable as the exclaimation point. :sunburn:

The Kraken
05-22-2007, 02:14 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=238887786&size=m

Spetsnaz
05-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I've got the point covered. :P

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1010194

Money should not be a huge problem. I've got a stable job now and I will be attending Otakon in late July, so, that means I'll have all August to make, say, around 350 dollars or so. Easy money. ;)

EXsoldierSNAKE
05-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Awesome point ya got there man! I havent ordered my tickets yet but I'm still holding out for D*C. I just bought the boots I need for my Drama CD version of Snake, now all I need is some new olive drab BDU's and a leg holster and I'll be set. If I'm able to go I'll be bringing one of my friends who's doing a Genome Soldier costume. If I can't make it then I'll have to wait till AWA or MegaCon '08.

makio
05-24-2007, 09:12 AM
No worries if you can't make it -- I've had trouble getting to Dragon*con myself for 3 years now... hurricanes/car accident in '04, called-in for work in '05, and then a 'weaksauce' hurricane last year(if you wanna even call it a hurricane, bah!). Hopefully this summer isn't too turbulent weather-wise. And besides, I've been going in METAL GEAR costume for the past two MegaCons now... and I'm especially going to do it again now that the covention is in the newer building(the one that kinda looks like the Sydney Opera House)across I-Drive. Better air conditioning, nicer facility, and better places for photos. So it's no big deal if we don't catch up at D*con for a big MGS photosession.

But I'm getting ahead of myself - I still haven't finished a final version MGS2 Raiden yet. Nor have I worn the finished SIGINT costume anywhere...
:sunburn:

Activist
05-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I really hope all you guys get to make it. DC sorely lacks MGS cosplayers. I did my full body lifecast a few months ago for my Snake costume, and I really think you guys will dig it. It's going to be movie quality.
It would be great if we could get a group together as good as these Cobra guys that show up every year.

http://www.cobracares.com/imgs/dcon04/4/pages/0090_jpg.htm

http://www.cobracares.com/imgs/dcon04/10/pages/0230_jpg.htm

SaccharineDream
06-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I will be going as Sniper Wolf and my boyfriend StaphTheArtist will be MGS1 Solid Snake. This will be great, especially if we can my friends to do some genomes again!

fightstar
06-04-2007, 08:16 AM
I really hope all you guys get to make it. DC sorely lacks MGS cosplayers. I did my full body lifecast a few months ago for my Snake costume, and I really think you guys will dig it. It's going to be movie quality.
It would be great if we could get a group together as good as these Cobra guys that show up every year.

http://www.cobracares.com/imgs/dcon04/4/pages/0090_jpg.htm

http://www.cobracares.com/imgs/dcon04/10/pages/0230_jpg.htm

That's my group! Cobra will be there for Dragon Con 2K7 and stronger than ever. Hope you guys can do the same. We'll be around and on patrol so we will look forward to some action shots with you guys and gals. Good luck and keep us posted.

The Kraken
06-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Fightstar: You guys going to march this year? It just wasn't the same parade without you guys last time! You must also come to the WP party again. Fun will be had!