PDA

View Full Version : Suikoden Group/Chrono Cross Group - Otakon 2003

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-16-2002, 09:54 PM
I've been hearing rumors that there will be a Chrono Cross group at Otakon 2003.

Also, does anybody plan on doing a Suikoden group at Otakon 2003?

I'm trying to figure out what costume to have... either Pierre or/and Milich, or what... so yeah, give me heads up if anybody has something planned or heard something okay?

Celine
08-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Hm. I heard rumors of a Chrono Trigger group at Otakon next year. I will check with the "organizer" and see what's up with that.

Nobody's said anything about Suikoden at Otakon, but I can pretty much guarantee that if people have Suikoden costumes, I'll bring one. It's not like I don't have enough. ^_^ I've had a Suikoden costume at 7 cons, and been Suikoden-less at 4. So the odds are really high! hehe

Nyoko
08-17-2002, 01:36 AM
Man I cant I am full Otakon 2003.... if you go to neko-con 2003 I will though....

Rosiel
08-17-2002, 12:12 PM
> Nobody's said anything about Suikoden at Otakon, but I can pretty much guarantee that if people have Suikoden costumes, I'll bring one.

Same here... I'll have two by then, although Seed does need some repairs and I am laaaaazy. I'm trying to aim for Nekocon2002 for shiny new repaired Highland General. LOL

Kurenai
08-17-2002, 12:22 PM
Ota 2003, I'm doing either Ayla and Kino with someone else, or if they want to be Magus, I'm making Schala. Anyone else interested in forming some sort of Chrono Trigger Group?

I heard something about a Chrono Cross group but not much...does anyone has any info on it?

Also, I'm all for Suikoden at Ota next year!

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-17-2002, 10:45 PM
::nods::

Depending on who's cosplaying at Ota depends on what my Ota costume for Suikoden will be.

Shadra D
08-18-2002, 11:21 AM
Well, hopefully by then I could have finished my Sasuke costume. I know that Jen really would love to be Futch again (though she wants to re-do Sigurd), and she's trying to do only one new costume a con, so it's all good! She's planning a Fruits Basket cosplay for Otakon for her 'new' costume (she's gonna be Yuki ^.^)

So I may try to throw together FB cosplay (Rosiiii you should be Ayame *dies*) and plan to finish Sasuke... LMAO, it's a pretty easy sewing job, the dying will be a little annoying though, and the armor.. This time I'll get it done ~_~;

I'd love to wear Sasarai's S2 dres-- err, robes and prance around in my giant bucket hat.. or I could just cosplay as the hat... LMAO. But Sasuke would be easier, sadly... wah. Or.. I don't know, we'll see what happens in the month to come ^_^

And would you believe that my roommate suddenly found out that she cannot go to SCAD? O_O; Noo, lack of photography major! Eeekk.. Lack of Roommate more disturbing, though o_o;

But, anyway.. >_> Rosi, how can you make Seed any MORE shiny and new? O_O;;

Kurenai
08-18-2002, 04:18 PM
BTW, who was it again that planned on being Kirkis? ::forgot and is going to be Sylvina::

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-18-2002, 04:38 PM
That'd be me :-P You know that... and like I said, I'm trying to make things easy on us for costuming

Kurenai
08-18-2002, 08:45 PM
All in good time ^^

Celine
08-18-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Shadra D
I'd love to wear Sasarai's S2 dres-- err, robes and prance around in my giant bucket hat.. or I could just cosplay as the hat... LMAO. But Sasuke would be easier, sadly... wah. Or.. I don't know, we'll see what happens in the month to come ^_^

Mwahaha, if you went as Sasuke, and Jen wore Futch again, then if I brought Luc, we could take over the world!!! XD Thanks for pointing the sheer amazingness of that out to me. Somehow I didn't think of that. All of you other people- FEAR.

buuuut... if you wanted to do Sasarai, I'd totally support that too! Because, the hat!!! YEAH!!!! ^_^

Michi
08-19-2002, 04:23 AM
I know nothing of Suikoden. o_o

But CHRONO CROSS. More people need to cosplay from that and not be Kid/Serge/Harle/Lynx. THERE ARE MORE CHARACTERS, as much as I love those four.

If I make Otakon next year, which I doubt I'll have the want to, I can be Nikki... or if Irenes is transportable, or if I finish Marcy... Yeah. ^_^;

Rosiel
08-19-2002, 11:28 AM
> I heard something about a Chrono Cross group but not much...does anyone has any info on it?

Ooooooooooh I'd love to join if they need a Glenn. I LOVE Glenn.

> Rosiiii you should be Ayame *dies*

I think all my friends are leagued against me. First Chris now Ayame!
*insert loud fanfare* I AM NOTHING LIKE AYAME! HE IS OBNOXIOUS AND LOUD! AND I AM NOT! BUT NO ONE WANTS TO LET ME BE HARU! BECAUSE ALTHOUGH I TESTED AS A HARU NO ONE BELIEVES ME! *stop fafare*

> Rosi, how can you make Seed any MORE shiny and new?

The gauntlets! And a new Highland flag with the Highland shield on it! And a gilded pole for my flag! And...

> Mwahaha, if you went as Sasuke, and Jen wore Futch again, then if I brought Luc, we could take over the world!!!

Oh no pretty boy attack!

> Somehow I didn't think of that. All of you other people- FEAR.

I better get Culgan to come give me a hand... >__>

Kurenai
08-19-2002, 12:29 PM
An actually -good- Nikki would be really cool ^_~ I've seen a couple Mikis floating around too.....

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-19-2002, 12:41 PM
Btw, Kurenai... Harle looked much better on you then Pixel Ayla ^____^

Kurenai
08-19-2002, 02:50 PM
I feel like having pixel Ayla so XP I'll bring back my Harle avatar when I'm bored with Ayla

Michi
08-19-2002, 06:54 PM
I did Nikki last year but no one needs to see photos 'cause I was missing some buckles and it looked bad (despite the compliments I got >_>). I'll post up pictures after Animagic when I wear it again...

I hate wearing that bodysuit, though. DAMN YOU BOOBIES!

Kurenai
08-19-2002, 08:02 PM
You couldn't look as bad as my ex....I made the costume in like half an hour out of this icky looking vinyl (it was a last-minute hey-can-you-sew-this type thing) It was...interesting.

Lady
08-21-2002, 10:24 PM
*raises hand*My group is doing Suikoden in 2003 (we were Xenogears last year and FF7 in 2001). I'm going as Tengaar. We also have a Hix, Clive (hopefully), Elza, Nash, and Lorelai, with one other character yet to be decided on.

-Lady

Rosiel
08-22-2002, 08:47 AM
>My group is doing Suikoden in 2003

Which con? Otakon also?

> We also have a Hix, Clive (hopefully), Elza, Nash, and Lorelai, with one other character yet to be decided on.

If you need a Seed (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4319) or a Yuber (Suiko3 version), I'd love to join you. =)

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-22-2002, 01:16 PM
Well if things are going as they appear to.... this means it's going to be Suikoden for Otakon 2003 and not Chrono Cross.... or maybe both if more CC people start posting.

Well Kurenai, that means we get to be Kirkis & Sylvina!

Lady
08-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Rosiel
Which con? Otakon also?

Yes yes! Joyous Otakon 2003!*nods and grins*

If you need a Seed (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=4319) or a Yuber (Suiko3 version), I'd love to join you. =)

Whee! So fun! We had a random Citan pop up and join us last year and that was fun. Maybe something magical will happen and we could get all 108 characters going*eyes swirl*

-Lady

Rosiel
08-22-2002, 02:06 PM
> Maybe something magical will happen and we could get all 108 characters going*eyes swirl*

ONE unexpected Suiko character would be magical enough. LOL
Although I have to say that Suikoden is gaining in popularity: I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a Victor & Flik pair walking around Otakon... *____* The Victor was really good. *____*

I considered going to talk to them but I had made enough of a nuisance of myself with the McDohl I had seen earlier... >__>

And I wasn't in Suiko costume myself. LOL So they narrowly escaped being run down with Seed and his Highland banner. LOL

Shadra D
08-22-2002, 03:18 PM
*cough* I ran up and asked to hug that McDohl.. ^^;; too fangirly x_X He let me, tho! >D

Maybe I can get Clive to go as Camus, Rosi ~.~ And I'll have Wakaba, hopefully Sasuke too... *_* And I was bugging a friend to go as Viktor.. he was pondering making a talking Star Dragon Sword, too >_>

o/~ *returns to sewing Wakaba's handguards*

Rosiel
08-22-2002, 03:32 PM
> *cough* I ran up and asked to hug that McDohl.. ^^;;

YOU DIDN'T! LOL

Although... I shouldn't talk... I asked Treize if I could hug him. I'm still embarassed about that lapse into fangirliness.

>_<;;;;;;;;;

Celine
08-22-2002, 10:15 PM
Haha! XD That McDohl ( I think there was only one...?) is a friend of mine! Last year I totally assaulted him when he was dressed as Claude from Star Ocean. I had photographic proof too!! I have this wonderful pic of me, dressed as Claude, hugging him, also dressed as Claude. Next year, I might even do a cosplay with him & some other people.

Shadra D
08-23-2002, 12:06 AM
Tee hee >D

Well, I had to hug the Watari I saw at Animazement...

and seeing McDohl, I was just overwhelmed by Fangirlishness and yes, I did ask and yes, I did give him a hug >D

I think he was a little weirded out, tho ^.^;; Oh well! O_O;

Michi
08-23-2002, 04:01 AM
*wants to play Suikoden games* n.n

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 09:27 AM
> I think he was a little weirded out, tho ^.^;; Oh well! O_O;

LOL

I just rushed over to that MCDohl, wings bouncing behind me, and was very excited when I talked to him...

You know now that I think about it, it annoys me how I never have the right costume on at the right time!

The perfect Dilandau at AX?
Michel was at home.

A great McDohl at Otakon?
Seed was at home.

ARGH!

Shadra D
08-23-2002, 10:55 AM
Play them, Michi! Ask your friends if you can borrow them, if they have them, or get them somehow! They're such amazing games ;_; Even if the english translations can be a little wonky sometimes >D

ME-MANIA-Sama
08-23-2002, 11:04 AM
hehehehe... Yeah, it's awesome to see characters that people neglect and have no love for. That's why I flipped when I saw Rosi as Seed at Katsucon lol, she was all like "But I don't have my banner... and the rest of my group... etc." and I was just like I DON'T CARE! YOU RULE! lol

I'm such a freaking fanboy v_v

Yeah, I talked to the Flik & Viktor, they liked my Wolfwood, and I was like cool.... and then before he left, I was like hey wait... wait! I can't have you walk out without you letting me get a picture of the Blue Thunder himself.... and he was so happy that I called him by his nickname!

Rosiel
08-23-2002, 11:17 AM
> Even if the english translations can be a little wonky sometimes

I don't know, it can't beat FFIV's "spoony bard". ;)

forte-mari
08-23-2002, 01:54 PM
Well as Lady said they will have the Group at Otakon 2003. I will be Hix. As for the random things that have happened at cons, well, I was over joyed when fix or six people got the references on my sign. That's when things are really amusing. But then i got jumped on, it was one of the strangest things that has ever happened to me in my life.

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-12-2002, 12:10 PM
Your sign? What? Who? EXPLAIN TO ME FORTE!

TheAnarCHris
09-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Well I cant make any promises and i dont know if any of these characters are taken yet, but me and few friends are cosplaying a Nikki, alternative Nikki, Serge and two undecided CC characters. If we can help, groovy, if not sorry for wasting ur time.

Michi
09-13-2002, 09:23 AM
..Alternative Nikki?

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-13-2002, 02:01 PM
Some variant alternate outfit they came up with on their own I assume.

TheAnarCHris
09-13-2002, 10:46 PM
No actually. In the game, where you just "dimensions" or whatever you call it, U can have each relam's Nikki meet with each other. Their costumes are same in design but are opposite in color (what's black is red, and red is black). It's all a part of our grand skit.

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-14-2002, 09:08 AM
Wow really? I never knew that! w00t!

TheAnarCHris
09-14-2002, 01:46 PM
there more you know....

Michi
09-15-2002, 06:25 AM
o_O They are? I mean, Home World Nikki and Alternate World Nikki are oppositely colored?? Is that actually in the game, or is that just what you're doing for skit purposes? I don't remember it being that way in the game. o_O;;;; Of course, I haven't played in quite some time.

ME-MANIA-Sama
09-15-2002, 11:44 AM
Same goes here, but that'd be awesome!

TheAnarCHris
09-15-2002, 10:37 PM
I believe so..to tell ya the truth, it's been a while, but the person in charge of our wacky wacky skit says so, and he's played like every single 3rd party PS1 rpg so im not about to argue with the guy,lol.

Rosiel
09-16-2002, 10:19 AM
> I don't remember it being that way in the game.

I remember the characters sprites looking exactly the same in both worlds but it /has/ been a long time...

TheAnarCHris
09-16-2002, 10:04 PM
Ah whatever, it sounds good on paper (much like communisn ^/^) Anywho, what ppl do u two gals have from el CC?

Rosiel
09-17-2002, 09:01 AM
Oh I'm still in the wishful thinking stage of CC, I'm in this thread for Suikoden. LOL. But I always wanted to make Glenn, with two Einlanzers of course... I'd need a Riddel and a Dario though.

And a bellflower. =)

Lady
09-17-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by ME-MANIA-Sama
Your sign? What? Who? EXPLAIN TO ME FORTE!

He went as Billy Lee Black from Xenogears in 2002. In the game Billy mentiones that he was offered 3,000 G if he would have sex with someone, but turned it down, even though he and his sister Prim were starving. So forte's sign read '3,000 G/night, need to help Prim" on the front, and on the back it said "...also needs new boots^_^". (Poor forte couldn't find boots before the con, so he went in sneakers*laughs*)

-Lady

TheAnarCHris
09-18-2002, 09:14 AM
Cool cool, but I think I've migh have lost my Sege, due to lack of car...we shall see though.

Michi
09-19-2002, 01:03 AM
Mreh? I cosplay Nikki (it'll premiere [again.. heh. I didn't like it's first halfassed version] at Animagic in two weeks).. Next year I'm gonna be working on Marcy and Irenes costumes.. I'm still deciding if I wanna make the trek to Otakon or not, though. Irenes I doubt I'd be able to pack very well, so if I went I'd be either Nikki or Marcy. I have MANY other CC ideas, but I have too many /other/ ideas that would stop me from completing them before Otakon.

Did that make ANY sense? o_x

Kurenai
09-19-2002, 09:43 PM
Aside from Harle...I've got this Razzly costume I made for someone else and haven't used since. Hmm..interesting what things you turn up with when ya look.

Xeno
09-20-2002, 12:06 PM
ARG!!! are we considering Suikoden 1, 2 and the upcoming 3, cause now i have to choose from 324 possible characters and the countless NPCs on top of that...

Rosiel
09-20-2002, 12:45 PM
> are we considering Suikoden 1, 2 and the upcoming 3

Good question. By then I will have costumes from II (Seed) and III (Yuber), so I am flexible.

Celine
09-20-2002, 04:14 PM
Since we're doing 3 for AX, I'd vote for 2. I also just wanna wear my Luc costume somewhere with a group. ^_^ Plus, I think that's when Shadra said she'll have Sasuke done...

TheAnarCHris
09-20-2002, 10:45 PM
cool beans everyone ^/^

Rosiel
09-20-2002, 11:34 PM
So Celine, you WILL be Sera, right?

Celine
09-21-2002, 01:54 AM
Of course! It's just not a high priority right now since I have at least three cons between now and then... ^^

Rosiel
09-21-2002, 07:32 AM
Just checking. I need someone who looks spiffy along with me because poor Yuber is a little plain. ;____;

And I hope we can get Albert to... Seed's clone! Whoo!

OK I obviously got NO sleep last night. Don't mind me.

Maryssa
09-21-2002, 04:26 PM
it would be nice to actually have a CC group... at AX 2 years ago it consisted of like 6 people

TheAnarCHris
09-23-2002, 09:17 AM
Well like I'm pretty sure I've mention somewhere on this board, there will be a small CC group at Otakon for that Saturday this year ( I think the roster so far consists of Serge, Karsh and both Homeworld and Other verisons of Nikki), so if anyone wants in or to fuse their group with ours.. just scream like a dying ferrett or something.

Rosiel
09-23-2002, 10:14 AM
> at AX 2 years ago it consisted of like 6 people

And your costume was SO pretty! *____*

> Karsh

Hmmm that is pretty nifty. Sooooo anyway want to be Riddel and Dario so we can have the whole love triangle amassed in one room? (Jerry Springer anyone? LOL)