PDA

View Full Version : FFX-2 Yuna thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Yuna
04-03-2003, 01:50 PM
Cause members are so uberly confused. =3

I'm really digging the Yuna Gambler class outfit X3 I love the thingie in her hair and the colors of the outfit =D I just want a little thing like her's to wear in my hiar XDDD

Limeyaku
04-03-2003, 02:32 PM
*nodnod* the gambler outfit is frikkn CUTE! yaaaaaaaaay for sakuradayu who agreed to be gambler yuna to my gambler rikku. and all praise the ULTRA stretchy leftover pink from lebranc! XD

ChibiRinoa
04-03-2003, 02:42 PM
i had a dream the other night that i made the Dark Gunner costume 0.o is this a sign? will this costume be next on the future costumes!? -big wide grin-

Yuna
04-03-2003, 03:14 PM
or inverted Blue Mage Yuna...

Kawaii Yuna
04-03-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah!! Phew another Yuna FFX-2 thread opened up! Thank God! lol :p

Yep Yuna Gambler class outfit is adorable! I'll probably work on that for next year. I'm still in the middle of creating Gunner Yuna's outfit. lol

Kawaii Yuna
04-04-2003, 11:05 AM
I was wondering should I buy a belt and pouch that looks similar to Yuna's (which I've looked but to no avail) or make it myself (but have no clue on how to go about that :( )? Where would I get those silver circular shaped things (I donít know what to call them :o ) that she has on her belt with the turquoise beads? Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks so very much! :)

Hey Nessa! Love your Yuna FFX-2 costume so far! Good work! :)

marsie
04-04-2003, 01:13 PM
I found my belt on ebay. Tha should be on it's way now. I paid about 3.99 for it. The pouch is fairly simple. I found one of those wallet's on a string and just took the strap off. Then I can use it to keep my money and id's etc when I go to cons.

I have only seen the gambler outfit on a video somewhere but I have not seen any really good pictures of it.

My Yuna is almost done....finally. I had to put my costumes on hold till the sewing machine got fixed. *stupid bobbin*

NessaYuna- I have been studying your pictures on the anijam photo shoot and I have some what of an idea of how you did it. I was going to use a cotton type fabric for that part. From the pieces that I have put together it is coming around. I thank you for the info that you gave in the other thread.

Now the yellow cord rope that is going around Yuna's middle, how is everyone attaching that? I am thinking about either hot gluing or whip stitching it on.

Yuna
04-04-2003, 03:55 PM
Oh jeeze, please don't study my pictures O_O;; I don't know whether to be flattered or freaked out O_O; My costume isn't done... cotton type fabric?? I'm confused O_O;

Limeyaku
04-04-2003, 04:00 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25813&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500 <-- neat design, fan altered ^__^

marise, for the yellow 'cord' around yunas waist i think it would look perfect if you picked up a friendship bracelet book and a bunch of yellow embroidery floss.

if you look closely at the cgs, it actually is somewhat like afriendship bracelt-type woven thing...i know cuz i used to make things tht looked exactly the same...but in different colours. ^_^;

Limeyaku
04-05-2003, 02:02 AM
http://ffx2.guide.free.fr/media_goodies_tiny_bee.htm <-- right at the top is the official inscription on the Tiny Bees. ^____^

it looks like incomplete calligraphy that makes no sense though. O_@

good luck everyone~! ^0^

yunaffx2
04-05-2003, 12:58 PM
can i get some hellp for doin gambler yuna i dont know what type of material to use

Limeyaku
04-05-2003, 02:55 PM
first piece of advice, i would NOT recommend making gambler yuna without having lots of costuming/patterning experience. it's a bodysuit and those are NOT easy to make. especially with all those holes.

second, i wouldn't recommend trying it if you don't have experience with stretchy material. for yuna's gambler, you'd need a VERY stretchy material which is difficult to sew without experience.

referring back to the holes, i'd highly recommend that you find a high quality flesh coloured, super stretchy as well, dance tights or swimsuit material since there is a nearly obscene amount of skin showing where there shouldnt be. ^_^;

with that said, obviously, stretchy material. it needs to be a form-fitting bodysuit. you might be easier off if you bought one, dyed it and altered it.

either way it's a crazy insane costume to make and yes, i'll be taking my own advice when i make it with my cousin to go with my gambler rikku.

good luck!

Yuna
04-05-2003, 06:28 PM
You can't dye strechy fabric, the dye wont hold.

Adella
04-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Lycra is made out of mostly rubber (elastic) so it won't hold the dye. I would suggest using a cotton of some sort. ^_^; Cotton can be just as nice and can stretch also. Plus it's thick. the only thing is that you can't machine wash it because it'll get little fuzzies. YOu'll have to get it drycleaned or hand wash it. I'm very in love with cotton :) but make sure you wash it and shrink it before you sew and stuff.

AngieRikku
04-05-2003, 09:09 PM
Does anyone have an image of Gambler Yuna, or a website where I could find all the new images?!? THANKS!!!!!! ^_^

Limeyaku
04-05-2003, 11:15 PM
http://ryochan.free.fr/

^_^

hmm...should i put together a yuna yahoo folder with screens of all the dresses? would tht help anyone? =\

maybe when im bored...hafta do most anyways for sakuradayu ^_^;;;

arisuchan
04-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Limeyaku, have I mentioned how much I adore you lately *^^*

yunaffx2
04-06-2003, 04:31 PM
yeap limeyaku thanks for the advice what would we do without you?

so i guess ill do her costume (ive got lots of expiereince even if im only 12 O.O its good to start at like age 5 like me ^.^)

well im going to buy some material i just dont have enough pictures for reference

Kawaii Yuna
04-06-2003, 09:16 PM
That would be wonderful and very helpful Limeyaku! Thankies!! :)

marsie
04-07-2003, 05:34 AM
Yuna/Nessa- No offense or freaked outness meant. It is widely known that your Gunner Yuna is one of the best out there....not to meantion that you were the first one that I have seen. Most people on here respect your opinion on Yuna and her costumes.....again sorry if I offended you.

I have this linen left over from some curtins that I made and I am using that for my "crinkly white portion of Yuna's top" I used a white jersey fabric for her top...that is what I meant about "cottony type" I couldn't think of the fabric I used.

Limey- You are the FFX-2 image goddess. ^^

Ryukku
04-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Um... what happend to that other/earlier Yuna FFX-2 thread???? *___*

CAT
04-07-2003, 02:35 PM
the admin closed it down because of offending remarks so heres the 2nd one ^_^

Originally posted by Limeyaku
http://ryochan.free.fr/

^_^

hmm...should i put together a yuna yahoo folder with screens of all the dresses? would tht help anyone? =\

maybe when im bored...hafta do most anyways for sakuradayu ^_^;;;

hey i can take care of some screenshots if you like. One I get my internet back up. (right now im at a friends) We can e-mail/IM to talk about it if you like. I got some popstar yuna black mage yuna and gambler rikku pics. I can put them up once my internets back up ^_^ that is if you like :)

yunaffx2
04-07-2003, 03:09 PM
um ok cat so can you please get me some screen shots for gambler yuna

Limeyaku
04-07-2003, 03:28 PM
cat - WOOT! we shall be the best ffx2 screencappers ( and carolina too! ^0^ ) n create a nice big happy collection of reference pics. ^_^ sound good? LOL

hope ur internet gets fixed soon! i would die without mine X_X;; LOL!!

Collie
04-07-2003, 04:15 PM
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=31667

GAMBLER YUNA!! WEEEEEE!!!

Quick collage I made. Sorry it's so tiny. I had to skew it a bunch to get it to upload.
~*~Collie~*~

Yuna
04-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by marsie
Yuna/Nessa- No offense or freaked outness meant. It is widely known that your Gunner Yuna is one of the best out there....not to meantion that you were the first one that I have seen. Most people on here respect your opinion on Yuna and her costumes.....again sorry if I offended you.

Haha, I'm not offended! Wow, as much as I love the flattery and compliments, I have a long way to go before my Yuna can be considered "One of the best", if ever. It being the first was pure coincedence cause con was right around the corner; as you can tell by the GROSS innaccuracies. OMG, I didn't know it was "widely" known either O_O; I'm honored that people recpect my opinion on her, though sometimes I am severely passionate about it (cause she is my most favorite character EVER). I can't think of what else I was gonna say.. o_O;;

yunaffx2
04-07-2003, 07:06 PM
thank you so much collie ^_^ thank youuuuu

HuongStar
04-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Can anyone recommend a site where I can extremely large, hi-res Yuna pictures? I've been to http://www.rpgfan.com but the pictures are of average quality and I need large pictures where I can see close-up details.

I lent my friend a copy of my Famitsu mag and she promptly spilled Mountain Dew all over the reference pic I was working off of for Yuna. -_-

aimee
04-08-2003, 10:35 AM
ffx2.com/ had some decent ones, but they are kinda in limbo. *_*

are you working on the default yuna costume? I can send you some pics if you want, twink!

CAT
04-08-2003, 02:19 PM
cat - WOOT! we shall be the best ffx2 screencappers ( and carolina too! ^0^ ) n create a nice big happy collection of reference pics. ^_^ sound good? LOL

hope ur internet gets fixed soon! i would die without mine X_X;; LOL!!

ok internts back up ^_^ time to take screenshots ^_^

Limeyaku
04-08-2003, 05:54 PM
been taking screenshots all day. i think i have 4 or 5 classes left to do...i have some official pics up and some cosplay pics in yahoo briefcase:

username: yunastuff
pw: x2yuna

if tht doesnt work, it might be yunastuffs . ^_^; my fingers go all over the place when im typing. eheheh! ^^;;

keep checking in and ill post up here when i upload the rest of the shots! ^0^

CAT
04-08-2003, 06:43 PM
hey limeyaku i added a whole bunch of yuna pics of popstar and black mage im gona try to get the other classes as well ^_^

Limeyaku
04-08-2003, 08:05 PM
^0^ thanks cat!! just try to keep the headshots at a minimum since its supposed to be for reference and headshots cant help much with the costume. ^_^;; the ones there now are great though, just not like ... 100 or anything LOL!! stupid yahoo and space limits.. *mumbles* ~_~

THANKS AGAIN THO!! its great tht ur helping me out! ^0^ *hugs*

my sisters doing homework on the good computer i took the shots on so if i can get on there tonite, ill have a bunch of collages up, if not tonite, then tomorrow ^_^

Limeyaku
04-08-2003, 09:56 PM
meh. i did it. only 3 screenshots, i wasnt able to add. have fun everyone. =p

http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/yunastuff

( sign in name and pw are posted up there somehere. sign in to get full sized pics ^_^ )

Lil_Phoenix
04-08-2003, 10:18 PM
I just gotta say, Limeyaku, you rock. ^.^ I don't post much on this thread because I haven't started any Yuna costumes yet, but I definitely want to make them when I get the opportunity. All your pics are going to be such an enormous help!

Kawaii Yuna
04-09-2003, 08:21 AM
Thanks Limeyaku! Those are some great pics and wonderful for reference!! It makes everything a little less difficult. :)

HuongStar
04-09-2003, 10:53 AM
:D Aimee: yeah, I'm making a Yuna costume. Any pictures you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Limeyaku
04-09-2003, 02:33 PM
ur welcome guys, i really hope they /do/ end up being helpful for yous. thts what theyre there for. ^_^ feel free to add any other pictures that may be helpful.

under each section, im adding cosplayer pictures for reference too, according to class, so if you are or have permission to use someone's photo, please add that too. ^_^ just pick the best one though...not 1000 of the same person. ^_^;;

btw, while i was screencapping i noticed that each transformation sequence ( into the dress and out of the dress ) are shown at different angles. if you have any videos tht i can screen cap, can i have them? *0* i really want to see the front of the theif outfit. ^_^;;

thnkies!

marsie
04-10-2003, 06:28 AM
me too...is it just me or does Yuna's Thief outfit look like a sports bra? I really think it is cute.

What colors do you think the outfit is?? I see grey and red but I might be a little color blind on that....

lialia
04-10-2003, 10:07 AM
yunas thief looks pale blue/light purple to me
if i can get better pics id like to do it

Limeyaku
04-10-2003, 10:55 AM
hi ho! hi ho! ^_^ im working on finding better pics of yunas theif but so far, no luck. i think it might have a bow in the front in the middle judging from...the bottom left pic here:

http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/yunastuff/vwp?.dir=/My+Documents/Theif&.dnm=screens2.jpg&.src=bc&.view=l&.done=http%3a//ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/yunastuff/lst%3f%26.dir=/My%2bDocuments/Theif%26.src=bc%26.view=l

but i think most of the classes try to keep colours co-ordinated with the characters, other than paines cuz...woah thts just crazy...nevermind. im probably wrong. LOL!~ but for yuna, i think her theif colours are red and blue...the same gradient blue she has in her gunner sideskirt. ^_^ makes sense to me.

*0* sounds like theres gonna be a nice little handful of yuna theifs. XD

and i think its more of a...how to say this...boobified bikini top, like rikku, just with a bigger bow in the front and an X for the back. ^_^

*hops away in search of finding more theif pics n whtnot*

Troppy
04-10-2003, 03:59 PM
I would actually say Yuna's thief outfit is WHITE...and then gradients to blue in various spots, much like her sleeves from the original summoner outfit in FFX. There obviously isn't MUCH white due to the heavy gradienting, but it's definitely there... the pale blue-ness I believe is more of a shadow cast during the dark spiraly-light-filled trippy transformation sequences... but yeah. The first set DEFINITELY looks white.

okay I'll stop now. :E

Limeyaku
04-10-2003, 04:37 PM
eep! ^_^;; sorries, i thought the fact that it was white was a given. LOL!! i meant the actual COLOURs on it ( whites supposed to be a tone isnt it? not a colour? ^_^; thts what i learned in art anyways. LOL! ) but yeah...well...if you turn her skirt upside down it looks like the theif blueness. ^^

actually...her sleeves look mostly pale blue except for a LITTLE bit of white gradient on the end cuffs...

yuffieleonheart
04-10-2003, 07:58 PM
floop, XD lime. yeah i agree with ya ^.^ the thief outfit is so cute

peihui
04-11-2003, 12:37 AM
hm.do u have songtress rikku pics for reference ??

Sana-chan
04-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Aww theif Yuna looks really cute! I think I might want to do that now too lol. Juss gotta get some more pics.

I think if there is a gradient it is juss a little bit, like Limeyaku said. It also looks like she has a thong... juss like Rikku lol. Fun XD.

Kawaii Yuna
04-11-2003, 01:02 PM
Yep that Thief Yuna outfit sure is cute also a bit scandales! lol! However, as much as I would love to make it, I'll just stick to the Default Gunner Yuna costume for now and do future Yuna costumes after the games comes out. :)

I found some FFX-2 cosplayer pics:

http://www.obsessedwithanime.com/conventions/grab_image.php?id=4710&type=1&conid=9&cs_start=0

http://www.obsessedwithanime.com/conventions/grab_image.php?id=4727&type=1&conid=9&cs_start=0

http://www.obsessedwithanime.com/conventions/grab_image.php?id=4729&type=1&conid=9&cs_start=20

http://www.obsessedwithanime.com/conventions/grab_image.ph
p?id=4726&type=1&conid=9&cs_start=20

Yuna FFX-2:
http://photo1.starblvd.com/joya_aya?st=album&pg=4

Limeyaku
04-11-2003, 02:16 PM
OOh! the trio is Collie, Vikee and ... collie's friend. GOMEN NE! ^_^;; i cant remember your username on here! ^_^;; *slaps self*

i dunno if the red straps are a thong though, i really don't think so...there was a buttshot of rikku in a video and she had whole bottoms in the back. no buttcheeks. ^_^;; therefore, they shall now be called butt-suspenders. =p well...by me anyways. ^_^ cuz theyre definately not thong strings. just...butt suspenders to help keep the mini mini mini skirt up. ^0^ bwuahah.

http://photo1.starblvd.com/brieraya?st=album&pg=1 *0* OMIGOSH! so pretty! the sleeves are WAY too long tho, imo. =\

SaiyenGirl
04-13-2003, 01:48 PM
hey, can anyone help me with a black mage yuna costume? what i really need is pictures to use for reference (which are hard as heck to find!!) It would be greatly appreciated.

Limeyaku
04-13-2003, 03:15 PM
i posted a link in the page before this one to a yahoo breifcase full of screencaps and official art i've collected. ^__^ theres lots of blackmage pics in there. ^0^ good luck!

ayasuru
04-13-2003, 11:28 PM
That there are more levels in FFX-2 MEANING more tranformations for Yuna, Rikku, and paine? think of it being ULTIMATE WEAPONS in clothing form... http://www.ffinsider.net...Im posting this cause I never see anyone...or anyone talking about them...since the release....^_^

chibi_yuna
04-14-2003, 05:15 PM
i'm thinking of doing thief yuna(if my mom lets meh)it looks cute!i wish i could do all the costumes cause i like them all!

SaiyenGirl
04-14-2003, 06:33 PM
ack! thanks tons for that link ayasuru.
*pouts* but they only had Rikku as a black mage... sniff sniff
*goes back on hunt for really good black mage yuna pic....*

Collie
04-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by SaiyenGirl613
ack! thanks tons for that link ayasuru.
*pouts* but they only had Rikku as a black mage... sniff sniff
*goes back on hunt for really good black mage yuna pic....*

^^; That site was kind of annoying. It said something about EVERYTHING YOU WANNA KNOW ABOUT X-2, and it was missing ALOT of info for job classes. And I don't think they have an official pic of Black mage Yuna released to the public, right? Or can someone confirm otherwise???

I suggest d/ling the vids for screens if ya wanna cosplay characters with no class pic. Or look at Limeyaku's screens?
~*~Collie~*~

Koumori
04-14-2003, 10:02 PM
I've started on my White Mage Yuna. So far so good. I've cut out at least five million appliques.

yunaffx2
04-15-2003, 05:29 PM
Im doing gambler yuna i still havent got the material im mad

Angel Rinoa
04-15-2003, 05:35 PM
gambler yuna costume it's so cutie..I love the color.. :D

SaiyenGirl
04-15-2003, 06:59 PM
bleah, i don't think they have an official black mage yuna pic yet either, oh well can't hurt me for looking.
yes, gambler yuna is really really pretty. i'd do it, but that's too much skin for me.^-^

yunaffx2
04-15-2003, 07:35 PM
heh oh well...you know im still having problems doing the hair peice its to hard for me -_-

lialia
04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
i finished my dark gunner yuna and ill be wearing it to anime boston this weekend so hopefully ill have some piccies up by monday of it :)

the worst part of it was putting the designs on the shirt ..from arms length away they look fine but if someone was to put thier face within a foot of my chest you could see how crappy it looks :(

Limeyaku
04-15-2003, 10:03 PM
YAY! good for you! ^____^ cant wait to see!

erm....well hopefully no ones gonna stick their face within a foot of your chest. O_o or you'll hafta super-kick them. LOL! im sure it looks great! ^___^ be sure to take lots of pics of yourself and other cosplayers! ^0^

lialia
04-15-2003, 10:07 PM
i will!! im gonna fill like four rolls of film
:) its gonna cost me more to develop my pictures than it will for the con lmao

Angel Rinoa
04-16-2003, 03:27 AM
It's beutiful!

Nine
04-16-2003, 04:03 AM
Has there been any male gunner yuna cosplayers yet? lol.. there will be soon.. *is making one right now* ^^; I have the boots, shorts, hood, and 50% of the top completed.

Michi
04-16-2003, 04:18 AM
..XD ahaahhaa! I love you, Nine.

Yuna
04-16-2003, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by Nine
Has there been any male gunner yuna cosplayers yet? lol.. there will be soon.. *is making one right now* ^^; I have the boots, shorts, hood, and 50% of the top completed.

Just one question:

Will your ass be hanging out?

If so, I will BE at the con with my camera.

Nine
04-16-2003, 02:37 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaah I don't know if my ass will be hanging out.. I'm making/buying skin coloured tights so I don't have to shave my legs.. so the tights will hide any ass hanging out.. which is a good thing.. XD Sorry! ^^;

positivespace
04-16-2003, 04:01 PM
Oh my goodness... you MUST post pictures of you wearing that! It'll be great! I'm just hoping there aren't any guys planning crossplaying as X-2 Rikku... *shiver*

I think a guy could be Paine pretty well... you should recruit friends, Nine!

elfinder
04-16-2003, 08:52 PM
I made a collage of singer yuna for a friend, though I'd let others see it too! Lol also I am getting the materials artbook and I plan to scann tons of pics for cosplayers!

http://members.shaw.ca/danaka/yunasinger.jpg

Enjoy!

Kawaii Yuna
04-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Wow! That would be pretty interesting and unique Nine! I canít wait to see you all dollzed up as Gunner Yuna, it would be awesome! BTW, I really like your Lulu costume! ;)

elfinder: The material artbook!!?? Do you mean artwork of FFX-2? Where can I get that and how much!? Iím dying to get my hands on that book! Waaahh! LOL! :)

Thankies!
Happy costume making everyone! :D

elfinder
04-17-2003, 09:08 AM
I got it off of ebay, a few have popped up there ^_^

Nine
04-17-2003, 11:29 PM
I made the half skirt thing.. and omg it looks so horrible XD Good thing I only spent $5 because I am going to redo it ><

Kawaii Yuna
04-18-2003, 12:35 AM
You'll totally get it Nine! Good luck! ;)
I need 2 hop off the lazy wagon and start working on my side skirt myself! LOL! :)

Thanks elfinder! :p

Sana-chan
04-18-2003, 12:57 PM
I juss finished my top ^^ it took 2 hours to sew everything and... it looks ok I guess.
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=34673&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3257
I still gotta figure out which way would be the best to dye the skirt. O_o

yuffieleonheart
04-18-2003, 01:12 PM
weeee i saw that sana chan ^.^ it looks pretty!!

Sakuradayu
04-18-2003, 06:18 PM
:: limeyaku and sakuradayu in saku's account ^_^ ::

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! we finished popstar yuna and lenne last night! *0* CELEBRATE FOR LIMEYAKU WHO MADE THEM BOTH WITHOUT PATTERNS AND IN ONE NIGHT! weeeeeee

*rolls away while saku hides from limeyakus chocolate-high hyperness* *_____________________* WEHOHAOAH! ^_^

* see sakuradayus gallery for a pic if ye want! ^_^ *

lialia
04-20-2003, 08:40 PM
dark gunner con piccies up yay!

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2845&thumb=1

Kawaii Yuna
04-20-2003, 10:41 PM
WOW! Very nice lialia! :)

elfinder
04-21-2003, 09:54 AM
ooooh nice! Say I was woundering what have people used for gunner yuna's shorts? I am thinking either a strech shorts I can hemm, biniki bottoms or like jean shorts.... hmm

I guess I'll mention for a sec here. *ffx-2 cosplayers check out the seeking cosplayers page* I need cosplay images for my ffx-2 cosplay resorce site hehe

SaiyenGirl
04-21-2003, 09:02 PM
lialia, i love your dark gunner outfit!! iIwas waiting to see how it turned out! It looks awesome!

Troppy
04-22-2003, 03:38 PM
could somebody repost the pic that features the inscription on Yuna's Tiny Bees? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it may have been deleted with the old thread...

Limeyaku
04-22-2003, 04:12 PM
http://ffx2.guide.free.fr/media_goodies_tiny_bee.htm

^_^ it was on the first page but i dont think anyone even noticed. LOL

Limeyaku
04-22-2003, 04:36 PM

someone with a scanner . please buy this. LOL

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3219413106&category=1345

and this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3219967190&category=1345

tht second one looks like itd be the most helpful thing ever to exist for an x-2 cosplayer. *_* front, back, bottom and rear specific screenshots. *drools over the book*

Hikaruchan
04-22-2003, 04:54 PM
Looks like the same book - don't know why they have listed slightly different page counts

marsie
04-22-2003, 05:20 PM
I am using bikini bottoms....it is the easiest

I think that they might be the same....I'm going to contact the sellers about them.

elfinder
04-22-2003, 06:10 PM
It is the same book! I've bought it and should get it in a day or two. I am gonna scan all of the pics and put them on the ffx-2 resorce site I am currently making hehe

I just hope there are goods ones of the costumes that don't have official cgi yet.....:confused:

Limeyaku
04-22-2003, 10:20 PM
ooooopsie doopsie. me in all my blonde dense rikku-ness didn't even realize it was the same thing. ^______^;;;; *hides in a bush*

elfinder, do u have the link yet? *0* i really wanna see! *dies* it'll help a LOT for me before anime north ( may 16th)

elfinder
04-22-2003, 10:24 PM
eh heh heh.......... no not yet lol I just started working on it a day or two ago. I'm gonna try to have it up in a week. But I'll have the artbook scans up asap once I get the artbook!

Which better be tomorrow grrrrrrr.....

Now I gotta find some baithing suit bottons for yuna lol the only one I found where 30 dollars >.< bah I gots till anime evolution in late july! I'll find something hehe

Yuna
04-23-2003, 05:28 AM
I just got that in the mail yesterday. It doesn't have anything new that we don't have online, save for descriptions that are all in Japanese.

elfinder
04-23-2003, 11:02 AM
meh well that sucks, oh well, I bet it's still and nice book and it will have good quality pics ^__^ I'm still making my site no matter what hehe

Yuna
04-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Well yeah, I don't regret buying it in the least.

elfinder
04-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Hey I just got mine!

There is stuff to use! They have screenshots of each costume, sure some are kinda small but hey they're good refference. I am gonna start scanning them! lol

Yuna
04-23-2003, 02:10 PM
You can get small screenshots on line, as Limeyaku as proved ^^() I got that book and this FFX/FFX-2 book that I can't read the kanji of so I don't know the name... It's sorta of like an FFX guide with references to the new game o_O; I think it was made for people who may not have played FFX... I thought it would have nifty FFX-2 pictures in it, but it doesn't. I would prolly like it a whole lot more if I could READ what it said about FFX-2 -_-()

Limeyaku
04-23-2003, 02:36 PM
*waits somewhat patiently for elfinder to post the link* OoO

u guys are both so lucky. i want tht book. even if it doesnt have all the dress art. its just the novelty of having it. LOL luckyyyyyyyy. *goes to search for more pics which is pretty much impossible now since most sites have disappeared* ~_~

Yuna
04-23-2003, 09:45 PM
I wish it had larger pictures of Gunner Rikku and Theif Yuna... *sigh* However, something that's ALWAYS lost on scanning is little tiny details; like the gold studs on Yuna's shorts. I wouldn't have known they were there if I didn't own the PS2 magazine featureing X-2 Yuna on the cover =D

positivespace
04-25-2003, 02:57 PM
To the folks that have cosplayed (or are in the process of making her) as Default Gunner Yuna... could you tell me where/how you created her belt?

I'm specifically looking for info regarding the two buckles she has on... they look kind of Southwestern with a blue stone in the middle. Any help would be appreciated!

yunaffx2
04-25-2003, 06:41 PM
Limeyaku....you are so great...i was just looking at your yahoo thingie with the pic...and i think they are just great that they come in handy ^-^

yunaffx2
04-26-2003, 04:47 PM
Um..does anyone know where i can buy a wig that looks like Yuna's hair becuase im not cutting mines...

Lil_Phoenix
04-27-2003, 07:09 PM
I don't know if this has already been posted (I don't recall seeing it), but my friend found this site: http://members.shaw.ca/dressphere/
It has a bunch of fairly clear images from several angles. Could be useful. ^.^

yunaffx2
04-27-2003, 08:19 PM
thanx a bundle Phoenx!

BabiiYunie
04-28-2003, 06:39 AM
oh, even though they are GREAT scans, I still can't figure out how I should do the thief yuna sleeves, since rikkus are bows but yunas sleeves are layouted like her skirt. ---

Lil_Phoenix
04-28-2003, 03:32 PM
BabiiYunie- She's basically wearing a layered skirt on her arm, so it'd probly be best to make a bunch of little skirt-like things for your arm and sew them together. I love the thief outfit, it's one of my favorites. Good luck with it! ^.^

yuffieleonheart
04-28-2003, 03:57 PM
lol that is elfinder's website i think ^_^ she did make a thread i think. *praises elfinder for great scans*

elfinder
04-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Hi Hi

Yuppers tis my site, need to scan some more soon ( I will tomorrow lolz)

Hmmm thief Yuna........ BabiiYunie, if you like I can make a collage for thief yuna for yahs ^^ I offer to make em on my site hehe.

Yuna
04-28-2003, 06:08 PM
Mau. The sleeves are like the same as Rikku's but with a strong gradient.

Genius the Jenn
04-28-2003, 09:01 PM
Whoa - it's been a long time since I visited this site! (^_^); Anyway, in case if anybody is interested, I'm not sure whether people have already put up pictures of the official FFX-2 PS2 game controllers or not but I have two pictures that I took of my own up on my gallery. My friend from Japan was too kind and sent them to me as a gift (^_^)

I hope they help if you're making your own - if you'd like larger photos, I'm willing to e-mail them to you so just let me know. (^_^) Good luck everyone on your costumes!

Limeyaku
04-28-2003, 10:01 PM
no...theyre not the same as rikkus. ^_^;;

rikkus are sleeves with bows...basically ... its a slab of fabric with strands coming out the sides that tie into bows in the front.

yunas is open in the back which makes it obvious that it cant be the same. =\

http://members.shaw.ca/dressphereart/artthiefyuna2.jpg

they are, in fact, little overlapping skirts. ^_^ ( see attachment )

from what i can see, the attach in the back at the shoulder, behind the elbow, and around the wrist. otherwise the back is open and the front is covered in overlapping layers. ^_^

just imho...that's how we're going to be making it anyways ^_^

heki-chan
04-28-2003, 11:34 PM
*agrees with limeyaku*
i think the sleeves are totally different than Rikku's
they look exactly like her gunner-class side skirt^_^

the only issue would be how to do them so they are floofy, and not all dead-like...any suggestions? :T

o yeah....is she wearing a red-halter top type thing under the gradient wrap?

^_^

~heki

Yuna
04-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Sorry for not stareing at the pictures until I had them throughly engraved into my mind.

BabiiYunie
04-29-2003, 02:44 AM
oo, a i dunno ^.^; Yuna - if they are like rikkus, Do I just do rikkus and dye it in a way?

Thx guys ^.~

Sana-chan
04-29-2003, 06:41 PM
Weee okie my singer Yuna costume ish all together! You can check out some pics of it in my gallery ^^;;;

shameless plug hahaha.

Limeyaku
04-29-2003, 06:49 PM
*stalks u some more* O____O

IT IS SO PRETTY!!!! You did a fantastic job! *____* best one yet, imo!! whatever my opinion is worth. XD LOL!! hmm...3 pennies? ^______^

*0*

Limeyaku
04-30-2003, 05:04 PM
Sorry for not stareing at the pictures until I had them throughly engraved into my mind.

seemed to have missed this post...

i don't mean to be offensive in anyway, but just a suggestion...maybe you could make your posts seem less rude. ^_^;; i found that pretty offensive since it seems like you were implying that i /do/ stare at the images and 'engrave them into my mind'.

i didn't mean to offensively prove you wrong or anything about the whole bow/sideskirt theory, but it's not only me who thinks theyre mini-layers ( like the sideskirt ) and i'm sure everyone who has agreed upon that in the past hasn't engraved the images into their minds either. imho, it's pretty damn obvious. ^_^;

again, i wasn't trying to be snotty/know-it-all or anything, but since this IS a yuna thread and it IS cosplay.com, i thought it would be kind/natural to point out what they really look like to possibly help future cosplayers rather than leaving them stranded,mislead and uninformed of the other possibility. ^_^;;

Yuna
04-30-2003, 06:33 PM
I didn't mean to imply that you did stare at them, that wasn't my intent, so please don't take it that way. I was just being cynical and sarcastic because you and Heki-chan made me feel stupid. I know you didn't do it on purpose, so I don't resent it. I know you didn't try to prove me wrong either.

I have the artbook myself and after looking at the pictures, you should know that the gradient is backwards to the skirt. Also, there are no layers, there are just flowy strips of fabric. I didn't notice that they had no back because the color of her arm blends very well into the background. That is another reason I figured you had done more studying of the picture then I have.

Online, it's only offensive if you take it offensively - you can't assume the other person's tone.

Edit: Limeyaku, do you have the URLs and/or names of the cosplayers who are in your Yahoo-breif case for Gunner Yuna?

Yokosho Shinzu
04-30-2003, 06:45 PM
That's cool!!!

Yokosho.

Limeyaku
04-30-2003, 09:56 PM
nessa, i found them in a google search and the text in the links n whtnot was japanese. O_o;; and i dont even have japanese font on my computer so it was all jibber-jabber. i can try to trace them back to the sites if youd like?

the others i got from members. on here. ^-^ n they gave me their permission.

im not taking credit for anything ( the costumes, or obviously im not benefiting from the site since its yahoo briefcase X_x ) just compiled them to be a reference.

( n yupyup. they arent full round frills...just slabs tht overlap with the backwards gradient. it was already talked about though somewhere in here so i was too lazy to re-type it. ^_^;; thnx for clearing things up tho. ^^ )

Yuna
04-30-2003, 10:56 PM
LOL! That's not why I asked for them! My friend is making a sister site to go with her FFX Yuna site and wanted some Japanese cosplayers to fill in some extra picture slots. We had lots of URLs to Yuna cosplayers in the other thread that was deleted *RAGE* and you were the one that provived most of them. I figured you might have the URL laying around of where you got those. It's not a copywrite issue, lol, I just wanted to give Sandy the credit URL for her site. It's not a big issue though, she can just put unknown. Don't go out of your way.

Limeyaku
04-30-2003, 11:19 PM
nope. not a problem. i enjoy searching for cosplay stuff anyways. *_* so many people have so many different ways of making stuff. ill post them back up in here tomorrow since my dads kicking me off now. ^_^;;

BabiiYunie
05-07-2003, 01:30 PM
this thread,........died, must revive. Anyone think the mascot yuna (moogle) is soooo un yuna-like, love it anyway XD

yunaffx2
05-07-2003, 08:00 PM
i think thats kinda of cute..but...i wouldnt do thats costume...hey can i ask...this.....which yuna costume is your favorite?

**~Yuna X71~@~*
05-07-2003, 10:02 PM
yeah yuna rules

**~Yuna X71~@~*
05-07-2003, 10:09 PM
so what do you do for fun?

Limeyaku
05-07-2003, 10:26 PM
mm...this is a yuna thread. ^_^;; if you want to get to know members more personally, that's what the PM system is for. also, try to avoid double posting in such short intervals. dont mean to sound bossy, but we all like a friendly, organized, on topic board as far as i know, right? ^_^

yunaffx2 *_* i think the mascot is SO cute!! seems like it'd be hard to make tho since it's so fat. x_x are you going to try it?? ^_^

and yeah....this thread /was/ dying. o_o im sure itll be more lively after next weekend though when both Anime North and AnimeCentral take place. ^_^ im sure therell be a lot of yunas. *0*

Yuna
05-07-2003, 10:44 PM
Well, considering people are creating a topic on just about every costume Yuna has, who needs to keep things orderly with this old thread? Oh... that's right... me. Well, I think I'll be closeing some threads. Oh the fun....

yunaffx2
05-08-2003, 07:07 AM
Limeyaku: Nah...i dont really like that costume I think its kinda...ugly.....well its cute and all but i wouldnt do that costume...oh and yea, this site isnt going to be so dead after all! ^-^

Yuna: Have fun ^O^

BabiiYunie
05-08-2003, 10:43 AM
I just think well, it's a mascot moogle, if you think about it, heki-chans already made it! XD im gonna try it, gonna be so hard o.o

Kawaii Yuna
05-08-2003, 12:16 PM
Good luck making the Mascot Moogle! I think it's adorable! I have Yuna's white dress outfit with the BIG flower in the back of her in mind. Don't know if I really want to cosplay that or I'm thinking insanely. *shrugs* It doesnít hurt to at least try. LOL! For now Iíll just concentrate on what Iím working on now. ^_^

Masako
05-08-2003, 12:56 PM
Hi! I'm new to this Yuna FFx2 craze. ^_^

Anyways got 2 questions to ask:
1. Yuna Singer Outfit: How on earth do the top part of the sleves stay up? O_o Just wondering because they look as if they defy gravity to me. Also does anyone have clearer pictures of th side train? I can't seem to understand how it flows. ><

2. Yuna Gunner Mode: Does anyone have a crochet pattern for the hood? I can crochet but can't do it without a pattern. >< The hood appears to be crochet to me.... :P

Thanks for your help!

Koumori
05-08-2003, 01:24 PM
I doubt you'll find a crochet pattern for the hood, but you can sometimes buy "crochet" fabric.

Yuna
05-08-2003, 04:09 PM
I used a heavy knit material for my hood. It's not very difficult to find knitted fabric. That's a whole lot easier then crocheting a hood, I know, my mom is a monster crocheter @__@

yunaffx2
05-09-2003, 08:21 PM
What i would do: get it done for me

what i should do: get it done for me

BabiiYunie
05-10-2003, 03:21 PM
umm usually people enjoy making the costumes themselves, getting it done for them is like buying a costume.

The popstar yuna sleeves look like they are held up by the elastic at the top,

Limeyaku
05-12-2003, 03:45 PM
*off topicness*

in the Yuna gets jealous of Lenne clip, YUNA actually sings...with her real voice! just lalalalala's but...awwwwwwwww.

and its official. koda kumi is singing an english version to real emotion. ^_^

ffx2.net is back up

*ontopic*

what kind of material would anyone suggest for gambler yuna? and if we use what we have ( stretchy nylonish stuff ) whats the best dye for the purple gradient? O_o;; whats the best dye....anwyays...? LOL

Yuna
05-12-2003, 07:03 PM
You probably wouldn't have much success dyeing a stretchy fabric because of the elastic/plastic embedded into the fabric. You should probably go researching and looking for a strechy spandex online or at your local fabric stores.

For dyeing, Rit dye is the cheapest and works great. You can mix different colors to get the disired variation of purple.

yunaffx2
05-13-2003, 04:30 PM
Hey girls if you want to dye the gambler yuna costume i found just the website its perfect! I know im ordering some of this stuff!
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1829-AA.shtml

Limeyaku
05-13-2003, 04:40 PM
seeing as its actually fabric paint, i wouldnt take my chances...it might dry hard/rubbery...*shrugs* i think i'll stick with the regular dye. thnx nessa, btw. ^^

Yuna
05-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by yunaffx2
Hey girls if you want to dye the gambler yuna costume i found just the website its perfect! I know im ordering some of this stuff!
http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/1829-AA.shtml

Yeah, that's fabric paint, not dye. Dye on strechy fabric wont hold and it will either run all off the fabric or rubb off onto your skin or other things.

Limeyaku, if you're insistant on dyeing the strechy fabric, put a LOT of salt into the dye, way more then it says to, that way it holds onto the synthetic fibers better.

Koumori
05-13-2003, 09:08 PM
Right - trying to dye synthetic fibers is at best a crapshoot and at worst a nightmare. Paint might work, if you were patient and diluted it to a more watery texture to allow it to absorb into the knit rather than sitting on top of it, and went over it repeatedly for darker colors - but even then it very well might rub off. If you end up trying it on some scrap fabric, please let us know how it went.

yunaffx2
05-15-2003, 02:45 PM
sorry i didnt know the differerence beetween dye and paint ^^;
but i can try to find dye too ^^;

Genius the Jenn
05-16-2003, 02:27 AM
I just wanted to note - that site does sell dye also and gives very good instructions on how to use their dyes and also what types of dyes work best for whatever fabric you are trying to use (based on what they offer). I've used their dye before for projects - it works well.

yunaffx2
05-17-2003, 09:10 AM
oh wow ^^ yay!

hey you know can someone give me a site where they sell beads..i need some for the earing

Silly_Kitsune
05-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Does anyone have any good pictures of Berserker Yuna? I have 2 caps, but they aren't so good. I've been searching and I can't find much ^^;; Anything would be helpful!

yunaffx2
05-18-2003, 09:32 AM
http://ca.briefcase.yahoo.com/yunastuff
thatnx to Limeyaku and Cat they have a folder of screen shots ^^!

BabiiYunie
05-20-2003, 01:59 PM
This thread keeps DYING, now...

What do you think would be best to make a small dog look like the mini lion for monster trainer?

Yuna
05-20-2003, 02:02 PM
The Youjinbo from our AX group used a pull-along Clifford toy that they altered and painted to look like Youjinbo's dog. It was really sweet. I would just use a plush though, made out to look like the dog. However, when I do monster trainer Yuna, I'm not making the dog, I'm making it with Rikku's monkee :rolleyes: It's jsut too perfect for me to pass up.

lainey
05-20-2003, 05:43 PM
Hey!

I am new to the cosplay business and really want to do the singing popstar Yuna dress.

I have no idea though on how to start, can someone help me out lol

you can e-mail me at lainey@goddessoul.com and I'll love you forever if you help out :)

That skirt train thingy is having me lost lol

Here is an image
http://www.matrix-designs.net/jonny/ffx2_opening04.jpg

Collie
05-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by lainey
Hey!

I am new to the cosplay business and really want to do the singing popstar Yuna dress.

I have no idea though on how to start, can someone help me out lol

you can e-mail me at lainey@goddessoul.com and I'll love you forever if you help out :)

That skirt train thingy is having me lost lol

Here is an image
http://www.matrix-designs.net/jonny/ffx2_opening04.jpg

I think I posted a LONG thing about Lenne....which is VERY similar to Yuna's Singer....so you might wanna look back a few pages.
~*~Collie~*~

lainey
05-20-2003, 08:12 PM
maybe i skimmed too fast?
i didn't see it?

Collie
05-22-2003, 03:19 AM
Hmmmm....I know I posted it in a Yuna thread. =(

I wrote soooo much. xD I'll write it all over again when I'm not lazy.
~*~Collie~*~

BabiiYunie
05-22-2003, 01:33 PM
the skirt shouldnt be too hard, layered lace basically o.o

Yuna
05-22-2003, 07:50 PM
The skirt looks like a thick lace with stiff pleets to me, i.e. not see-through or flowy.

yunaffx2
05-24-2003, 11:28 AM
yea um...yea o.o hey im asking again...does anyone know a site to buy beads....i cant find any o.o ineed for leene and yuna

yuffieleonheart
05-24-2003, 11:36 AM
=D i found the perfect beads for lenne's earrings ^_^ * my friend is being lenne* i am pretty sure you won't be able to find yuna's beads =/

Caryn
05-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Gah! I can't find good beads to use for Lenne's earrings >.< Yuffie, did you find them at a store or order em from a site?

yuffieleonheart
05-24-2003, 04:35 PM
i found them at a store ^_^ Micheals

BabiiYunie
05-25-2003, 04:57 AM
like the ren(lenne) thread said, lenne doesnt wear earrings, those beads are braided into her hair. But I was messing around with candy necklaces last week, gawd o_O they make great lenne earrings

yuffieleonheart
05-25-2003, 12:30 PM
=p i am just going to make them earrings. it'll be easier =D for me anyways ^^

Caryn
05-25-2003, 01:39 PM
I'm gunna braid them into mai wig ^^ *accuracy freak*

Arisa
05-25-2003, 03:05 PM
My sister's doing Lenne, we just made earrings. ^^; We thought they were earrings... ah well, works out fine. ^^

I'm sewing the ruffles onto my Popstar Yuna right now, and it really sucks. >_< Bleh. Does it matter if I hem it or not? I think the ruffles would hide it, so I don't see the point in hemming it... just extra work.

And, for my skirt, I didn't really do a skirt... I'm just using spandex shorts and tucking black lace into it. ^_^ I'm leaving the open part on the left, cuz it'll be covered by the sideskirt.

Sound good?

Limeyaku
05-25-2003, 08:41 PM
mmm i think the earrings are earrings. it would be near impossible to braid anything like that into hair. honestly, i believe they ARE earrings, the tops, fitting into the recent fads, are hemp. ^_^ if this were true ( which i believe it to be ) the exact pattern braided into hers, would be possible to do ( my sister makes it all the time XD ) and it makes sense if they WERE hemp cos thats kinda like rope-ish...and

( SPOOOOOOOOOILER!!!!! )

lenne DID exist a long long time ago. ^_^

BabiiYunie
05-26-2003, 07:48 AM
if u look back at the ren thread, i cant remember who, put 2 really clear images to show that it is braided into her hair

http://www.animetheme.com/dl.htm?http://www.animetheme.com/ffx2/ffx2_1000_words07.jpg

http://www.animetheme.com/dl.htm?http://www.animetheme.com/ffx2/ffx2_1000_words06.jpg

yuffieleonheart
05-26-2003, 09:19 AM
XD well lenne sure has some skills =D but i am still making them earrings ^_^ o.o;; i think we are getting way of tppic ^^

Yuna-X2
05-26-2003, 11:08 AM
My guess on how to do that would be to just make braids and string the beads on. I dunno how to do that, but when I see that pic, my guess is that it would be done like when Venus Williams first started tennis, and she had all her hair braided and beaded.

BabiiYunie
05-26-2003, 02:39 PM
Ahhhh, u see how sometimes u get those people who put string and beads in ur hair? or those braiding machines where u can add beads to the end after? Get those, I know of some in england ^_^;

Caryn
05-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Yeah, my friend used to braid my hair and put beads in it like all the time in elementary school...so it won't be that hard ^^ Now I just have to wait for my wig to get shipped so I can start!

BabiiYunie
05-26-2003, 04:29 PM
blahhhhhhh MUST GET BACK ON TOPIC

Has anyone got ultra long hair like yunas and tried to tie it around around so it looks like a tail?

elfinder
05-26-2003, 04:35 PM
If someone did have hair that long O_O wowie! I dunno how Yuna can grow a ponytail that long in two years lolz but that's square for yah.

What I am hoping to do is, I have shoulder lenght hair and I am getting a yuna wig. I'll wear the wig and I might (if I can pull it off) use my own hair and attach it to the tail hehe.

BabiiYunie
05-27-2003, 03:41 AM
actually, in the other artwork for ffx(the pretty confusing ones, i cant remember the name of them) Yuna already has long hair, I dunno how she hides it

Arisa
05-28-2003, 07:59 PM
I finished my Popstar Yuna! ^_^ Pics will be up soon(I hope), after Jacon!

Caryn
05-28-2003, 08:04 PM
YAY!! *hugs her* Congrats, I can't wait to see the pics!! I bet you make a gorgeous Popstar Yuna ^__^

Arisa
05-28-2003, 08:59 PM
**blushies** Thanks! -^____^- You're so kind...

Masako
05-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Does anyone know how to make Yuna's tail at the back? The red one? My Yuna Singer costume is nearly done except the red tail behind. X_x

BTW does anyone have any good pictures of Yuna's mic? Or is it the same like Ren's one? But Ren's is green, Yuna's is kinda pink? Can someone confirm this? Thanx! ^_^

BabiiYunie
05-29-2003, 04:47 AM
ahh, take a thinnish rope, and red rope style fabric ribbon, and WRAP! ^^

Sana-chan
05-29-2003, 05:16 PM
Yuna's is green too. They're the same. I'd scan you my craptacular mic I made, but it's so ugly it wouldn't do any good lol.

For the long braid whatever hair thingy I juss have fabric with plush stuffing and at the end some hair attachment.

marsie
05-30-2003, 11:15 AM
Masako- I did the same thing as Sana-chan. If you want some instructions PM me and I'll type them up for you. Mine stands up fairly well and you can see the picture of mine in my gallery. I highly suggest getting a hair attachment cheap. Like a ponytail extension for the end then wrapping a piece of fabric on the end. to cover the part that has the extension on the end. I hot glued mine on the end of my tail.
Hope that helps. ^^

Babii Yunie- If anyone has hair that long....which is almost impossible. That would take...almost 10 years to grow(if your hair grows really fast). My hair grows extremly fast at 5 inches a year. Most people grow at 2-3 inches a year. I doubt anyone has hair that long, in today's society.

jade_dragon
05-30-2003, 01:13 PM
off topic

i found this picture surfen the net

http://fftemple.com/Nirvana/Art/5.jpg
one of the starting sketchs for yuna i guess ,just thought i should share ,would be a neat cosplay to do also

http://fftemple.com/Nirvana/Art/22.jpg
other ffx2 art

back to the hair thing,here we have hair extensions maybe in spira its cool to have really huge hair extentions

Limeyaku
05-30-2003, 02:43 PM
<-- randomity

apparently Hedy Burress dropped the role of Yuna in X-2 ... imho, the new Yuna is freaking horrendously out of character and plain sounding. -_- and if it IS Hedy, i hope its just that one part where she sounds ... funny...

http://e3.playstation.com/games_details.asp?id=IWR9X8576G5870V&point=5 <-- its the last box..

rikku is the same. O_O PHEW! pain...( yes, theyre actualy calling her PAIN instead of PAINE ) sounds...emotionless and like a younger, stupider, lulu impersonator. ._. leblanc is great tho XD

not too pleased. ;_;

Mizuho
05-30-2003, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the link! It was interesting to see an actual clip of the English translation.

According to the IMDB (http://www.imdb.com), she is credited as Yuna's voice in FFX-2. Maybe that's just a clip where she founds funny... I hope. :)

I don't even know what I have to say about Pain's voice... :razz:

There is the possibility that this clip is not in the finished version... They still may be going through and editing voice clips that sound out-of-character or could be done better. When is this game expected to be released, anyway?

Limeyaku
05-30-2003, 02:58 PM
the first video clip says fall 2003 so......oct-novemeber ish im thinking?

yeah...i do hope they arent finished dubs. x_x rikku sounds like a squeeze toy in the battles. *SQUEAK*

Mizuho
05-30-2003, 03:02 PM
I just checked out GameFAQs and the release date reported there (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/34661.html) is 11/4/2003.

So we still have a little while to wait... :p

ChibiRinoa
05-30-2003, 03:27 PM
dude! in the last video on that site with the videos, the second guy that comes to Lebranc, the one that says something about paying off splendedly, it sounds EXACTLY like Tim Currey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All i could picture was frankinfurter!

Limeyaku
05-30-2003, 03:44 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I KNEW HE SOUNDED LIKE SOMEONE BUT........NOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT HIM!!!!!! whyyyyyyyyyy !! what have i done to deserve this... ;_; its true....it does sound like him. ._. no wonder i thought of Jafar when he talked...he does his voice too doesnt he?

*we should prolly move this to the game forum, im guessing? ^_^;*

Caryn
05-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Paine's voice is >.< I hope her VA doesn't act that badly through the whole game! And to me, the guy you're talking about sounded like Snape from Harry Potter ^^;; I'm glad Rikku stayed the same, I like her voice...and yeah, I'm hoping Yuna just sounded weird in that one clip...and that they're still editing parts. They most likely are, since it's not coming out until around November.

Anyway, I'll stop being off topic now.

ChibiRinoa
05-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Alan Rickman....not really, his voice is more deep, not so comical sounding, but i could be wrong....im still sticking with the Tim Currey idea :-D

must say something on topic....erm...those of you that did original Yuna, did you use a regular waistband on the skirt or an elastic one?

Collie
05-30-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Masako
Does anyone know how to make Yuna's tail at the back? The red one? My Yuna Singer costume is nearly done except the red tail behind. X_x

BTW does anyone have any good pictures of Yuna's mic? Or is it the same like Ren's one? But Ren's is green, Yuna's is kinda pink? Can someone confirm this? Thanx! ^_^

::confirms::
~*~Collie~*~

jade_dragon
05-31-2003, 11:17 AM
does anyone have a good pic of yunas black mage staff??

Sana-chan
05-31-2003, 11:45 AM
I think it's juss the one staff from the original game with the orb ontop thingy.

Yuna Summoner
05-31-2003, 01:38 PM
hey everyone!
I'm starting my Yuna costume (gunner) and the coloration on the skirt is totally stumping me. How should I go about that???? Dying? Spraying? Paint? What? Help!
thanks!

Collie
05-31-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by jade_dragon
does anyone have a good pic of yunas black mage staff??

Here.
~*~Collie~*~

Kuri-kuri Rikku
06-01-2003, 09:46 AM
I'm about to start making Yuna's gunner outfit, does any one have any good tips or ideas on making the top? and Tidus' symbol in the middle?

ChibiRinoa
06-01-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Yuna Summoner
hey everyone!
I'm starting my Yuna costume (gunner) and the coloration on the skirt is totally stumping me. How should I go about that???? Dying? Spraying? Paint? What? Help!
thanks!

you could make the skirt in seperate white peices and use RIT dye to achieve the blue gradiation, but then again, im just thinking that would be an easy way, since ive actually never made the skirt :p

yunaffx2
06-01-2003, 06:25 PM
well what ima do is spray paint ^^ but im not really sure if thats a good idea why not ask someone who made the costume...like Yuna?

marsie
06-01-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Yuna Summoner
hey everyone!
thanks!

I did a combination of dying and painting.

I started out with seperate pieces and then used the light blue Rit box dye. I dipped to about half way and then let that stay there for a minute and then dipped a little more to get the gradiant effect. After it is dry I used white paint to clean up the places to make it a cleaner line.

I have heard of some people using blue denim and then white paint...but I have never done it that way. You can look in my gallery and see my skirt.

Originally posted by Kuri-kuri Rikku
I'm about to start making Yuna's gunner outfit, does any one have any good tips or ideas on making the top? and Tidus' symbol in the middle?

For the symbol I used PSP 7 and enlarged a picture of the symbol, now you have two choices for the next part..depending on which you are more comfortable with.

1. Cut out.

If you don't want to use a piece of fabric to cover the opening this is what you will use. Being a little more well endowed I opted for the other because I kept popping out. ^^;

* Print out the Symbol
* make a pattern with newspaper or Or use chalk
* use black satiny fabric
* cut it out

2. Paint

This is more what I have experience with.

*print out symbol
* with marker and a transparancy copy the design onto the transparncy
* with a light see through or nude fabric copy the design useing a fine point marker or fine point paint pen, and touch up as needed.

Usually this method is the best that I have seen. You have less chance things popping out.

If you need more help feel free to e-mail me and I'll go through it with you a little more detailed. ^^

Yuna
06-02-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by yunaffx2
well what ima do is spray paint ^^ but im not really sure if thats a good idea why not ask someone who made the costume...like Yuna?

Wow! Someone suggested mE *feels all special* ^-^

Well, I wouldn't suggested spray paint. It won't give you the desired gradient you want, and it's not fabric paint, it's surface paint. It will make your fabric incredibly stiff, then when you try to bend it, the paint will crack. Not something you want to do with fabric.

I have made two side skirts so far for Gunner Yuna and will be makeing my third as soon as I get back home (I'm in San Antonio right now on a shitty internet connection). I used dye, more specific, Rit dye. I mixed colors together until I got the shade I liked. Gradient dyeing takes quite a bit of practice so never jump into it with the skirt you plan to dye, use a test strip of the same fabric till you're comfortable with it. Each material takes dye differently so be for-warned. For my first skirt it took three sepereate dyeing sessions and for the second one I made, it took only one; the fabrics were dramaticall different. From that point you use your eye and be the judge of how you want your gradient to look. =D

Trinity
06-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Collie
::confirms::
~*~Collie~*~

For my Songstress Yuna outfit I used a piece of lightweight Styrafom tubing and covered it in a red material before braiding more red strips over it to give the braided effect. We opted for this tactic because the tail really doesn't just hang straight down -- it rather flows when she moves -- and this gave just enough pliability.

I hope that helps!

Iced Green Tea
06-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Is the tail that Yuna has really braided or is it like a lanyard? I know that in the game and in some pictures it is a braid, but in that default CG isn't it a lanyard? I have no idea. I have seen it as both and they both look nice. I personally used a lanyard. I don't know... just asking. :)

Trinity
06-02-2003, 10:32 AM
It looked braided to me in the pictures that I've seen! Whether or not it was actually a braid is beyond me, but it had the appearance of being something like that. We didn't actually braid the material -- just kind of sewed it along the red to make it appear that way, but it really just looked kind of twisted -- like a braid but .. not. ^_^;

yuffieleonheart
06-02-2003, 07:13 PM
"you could make the skirt in seperate white peices and use RIT dye to achieve the blue gradiation, but then again, im just thinking that would be an easy way, since ive actually never made the skirt "

that's what i did ^_^.

Troppy
06-02-2003, 09:10 PM
In the game I believe it's more of a tube with wire wrapped around it...or a ribbon wrapped around a piece of hair many times to LOOK like a tube...

the Nomura art, on the other hand, makes it a braid...I thought this method was prettier and, while more time consuming, I love my results. It's three tubes of red fabric (over 10 feet long each! o_o) stuffed with junk fabric, braided, secured, etc.

Yuna Summoner
06-03-2003, 12:47 AM
thanks everyone! that really helps! I'm also having the same problem marsie mentioned; my boobs feel as if they might pop out of the top! I've been having so many problems with the top...I made the Tidus symbol out of wire and clay so it's like a large bead, but I've had to stabilize either side of the top with clear bra strap thingies to keep my boobs in check. Any other ideas? I feel cursed!
thanks!

Collie
06-03-2003, 02:01 AM
Maybe you should get a clear plastic to pic in the middle of the shirt where the sign goes. And make sure the hood pulls the top tight enough so the shirt is not loose or baggy. Those are some suggestions.
~*~Collie~*~

Trinity
06-03-2003, 08:09 AM
^^; No problem -- I hope I helped at least a little bit! If you need anything else just let me know!

marsie
06-03-2003, 11:04 AM
I suggest this a light or nude color fabric, like a light tulle. I used it and it holds me in fairly well.
Go to the wedding section of your fabric store and that should be your best bet for see thru fabric.

Iced Green Tea
06-03-2003, 12:04 PM
I put two wires along the side of the symbol, in the slit, for support, and it worked wonders. The who symbol stayed a triangle (my boobs tended to pull it apart into some sort of square). The wire stayed in with some cancer glue (super strong! stuff). My symbol was cut out of vinyl, very ghetto, but it worked for me. I then could shape the wires to for my boobs if I wanted and I could move comfortably the whole day. It worked!... and I was surprized! (the pics are in my gallery if you want to see it).

yuffieleonheart
06-03-2003, 12:05 PM
I used chiffon ^-^ and i actually embroidered the symbol on the chiffon ^-^

marsie
06-03-2003, 01:26 PM
Chiffon! Thank you...I could not for the life of me remember the name of it. ^^

Troppy
06-03-2003, 03:38 PM
The center of my top is actually open...I kept the shirt tight by running the round-the-neck cord through the entire upper border of the shirt, so it operated like a drawstring all around my back. That, and tape. The symbol I have is craft foam spraypainted and top-coated. I don't like it at ALL; it will eventually be remade with sheet plastic once I find a non-shattering material. It served its purpose at ACen though...

speaking of which, I have LOTS of Gunner Yuna pics in my gallery. I never "officially" announced its completion so...check it out when you have the time! ^.^

EDIT: Does anyone have a HEAD-ON pic of Yuna's thief shirt? I've looked through everything possible...Limeyaku's briefcase, Dressphere, various screenshots...EVERY CAPTURE seems to be a little too high or a little too low for me to clearly see how the shirt wraps around. Can anyone help? Also her boots...I can't tell if the red part is solid, or like a wrapped-around red strap. Maybe I should just wait for the game to come out in the US ^^;;;

Yuna Summoner
06-03-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Iced Green Tea
I put two wires along the side of the symbol, in the slit, for support, and it worked wonders. The who symbol stayed a triangle (my boobs tended to pull it apart into some sort of square). The wire stayed in with some cancer glue (super strong! stuff). My symbol was cut out of vinyl, very ghetto, but it worked for me. I then could shape the wires to for my boobs if I wanted and I could move comfortably the whole day. It worked!... and I was surprized! (the pics are in my gallery if you want to see it).

thanks so much! this was really helpful!
you guys are the best! :)

Collie
06-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Troppy
The center of my top is actually open...I kept the shirt tight by running the round-the-neck cord through the entire upper border of the shirt, so it operated like a drawstring all around my back. That, and tape. The symbol I have is craft foam spraypainted and top-coated. I don't like it at ALL; it will eventually be remade with sheet plastic once I find a non-shattering material. It served its purpose at ACen though...

speaking of which, I have LOTS of Gunner Yuna pics in my gallery. I never "officially" announced its completion so...check it out when you have the time! ^.^

EDIT: Does anyone have a HEAD-ON pic of Yuna's thief shirt? I've looked through everything possible...Limeyaku's briefcase, Dressphere, various screenshots...EVERY CAPTURE seems to be a little too high or a little too low for me to clearly see how the shirt wraps around. Can anyone help? Also her boots...I can't tell if the red part is solid, or like a wrapped-around red strap. Maybe I should just wait for the game to come out in the US ^^;;;

Here's a collage I put together... some of the screen I got from Limeyaku because she had some nice backshots. =D

http://apparition.no-ip.com/thief_yuna_collage.jpg

~*~Collie~*~

Arisa
06-03-2003, 08:26 PM
All this stuff really helps. *-* I'm thinking of doing Gunner Yuna next... you guys are so awesome! ^___^ We unite in Yuna-ness.

Trinity
06-03-2003, 08:42 PM
Mew, uniting in Yuna-ness! I love it.

Troppy
06-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Collie
Here's a collage I put together... some of the screen I got from Limeyaku because she had some nice backshots. =D

http://apparition.no-ip.com/thief_yuna_collage.jpg

~*~Collie~*~

*giggles* Hooray, it's even more complicated than I had predicted!! *dances*

XDDDDD thanks for the pics, Collie! Now to...figure this out... >.o

Yuna Summoner
06-04-2003, 12:52 AM
I noticed some of you talking about how to make Gunner Yuna's Zanarkand Symbol, and I have a great method of going about it (just in case anyone needs help :)
This is for a top without clear fabric sewn in the middle, by the way.
First, I scanned a picture of the symbol from the cg art and then blew it up on my computer. Then I made a wire armature in that exact shape. Then take the armature off the pattern picture and very carefully mold a thin layer of clay on the paper in that shape (grease based clay like super sculpey). Then I took the wire armature and pressed it into the clay. Put another layer of clay in the symbol's shape on top, then bake as the instructions say on the clay. The wire works as reinforcement to keep the clay from breaking, and it looks great after you spray paint it shiny black. A great way to attach it to the shirt is to put eyehooks in the clay or to glue them on afterward. Then you can simply lace it with cord and sew it to the sides!
Here's a small pic of the final product.
How did everyone else make theirs?

Kuri-kuri Rikku
06-04-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by marsie
I did a combination of dying and painting.
For the symbol I used PSP 7 and enlarged a picture of the symbol, now you have two choices for the next part..depending on which you are more comfortable with.

1. Cut out.

If you don't want to use a piece of fabric to cover the opening this is what you will use. Being a little more well endowed I opted for the other because I kept popping out. ^^;

* Print out the Symbol
* make a pattern with newspaper or Or use chalk
* use black satiny fabric
* cut it out

2. Paint

This is more what I have experience with.

*print out symbol
* with marker and a transparancy copy the design onto the transparncy
* with a light see through or nude fabric copy the design useing a fine point marker or fine point paint pen, and touch up as needed.

Usually this method is the best that I have seen. You have less chance things popping out.

If you need more help feel free to e-mail me and I'll go through it with you a little more detailed. ^^

Thank you so much! It really helped! Sorry I was a bit late to thank you.

Yuna Summoner
06-04-2003, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Troppy

I tried the drawstring cord like you suggested, and it saved my shirt! I owe you big time! Thanks so much!!

odango-mango
06-04-2003, 09:23 PM
hey Yuna fans^^ Don't have time right now to read through all your wonderful posts right now, but I just wanted to add that I'm making my first Yuna costume^__^ I'll post pics by next week, since I still have to make the earing and hair extension thingy

Limeyaku
06-04-2003, 10:06 PM
oops! forgot to reply to the skirt dying thing...i've spraypainted fabric before and it will not crack or stiffen like rock. ^_^

naria and eriya bodysuits we made were completely spraypainted silver! and they were still perfectly wearable and flexible. ^_^ the bottom of sakuradayus leblanc was also spraypainted purple.

usually, the only time it will crack is if its a laquer type of spraypaint and/or used on leather/pleather/vinyl etc.

it DOES go stiff after drying but you can bend it around and crinkle it by hand to loosen it back to its normal looseness again. ^^

Catatonic_Van
06-04-2003, 10:40 PM
I made my Yuna symbol with clay (sculpy) too, but mine is much more proportionate to the original symbol, unlike the stretched one Yuna has. I don't have the right shape ( I'm fat ^^;;) to cut my Yuna top that far down, and I'm afraid it may break if something that brittle was trying to lay against your torso while you're moving and running into things in the dealers room. There is no wire in mine though, I sculpted mine from scratch and coated it with resin which made it rock solid. Yuna Summoner is right though, It stands out very nicely on the shirt more like Yuna's does in the CG. A lot of people at Katsucon asked me where I got it, and they were surprised I made it. Must be because it's so shiny.

Here's a pic of me being stupid at Katsucon (thanks to Anna x-x) that has a nice shot of the symbol. Eep my earring is on the wrong ear x-x damn broken printer and lack of reference pics to take to the con.

Yuna Summoner
06-04-2003, 11:06 PM
Van--great picture! You make a beautiful Yuna. Your symbol looks great, too. Good advice--thanks!

Yuna
06-07-2003, 02:57 AM
Wow, next time anyone has a question for me about a costume, just PM me, I suddenly remember why I don't post in these threads.

AllStarAlice
06-07-2003, 11:47 AM
Hey all~ I attended ACEN 2k3 as Gunner Yuna, and just thought I'd share some photos with ya, they're in my gallery. (of course there are things I need to fix~ like the damn shirt always riding up on me :mad:

I actually registered here a long time ago, I just never posted...so um yeah

Also wanted to thank Iced Green Tea for getting me into cosplay! =P

marsie
06-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Kuri- You are welcome about the skirt info. I did a couple of test runs with it. I need to update the picture I have on the site. I have done some more with it since. My loverly sewing machine died(after 16 years of service) and all of my costumes are on hold till I get my next thing from Financial Aid. I found a sweet Viking that sews like a dream. So I am looking forward to that.

Limey- Please tell me more about Spray Paint. What is the brand that you use? This is an interesting way to gain the color you want.

Van- Your symbol looks great!!! I have to try out that way with some sclupty. I might try some wire. I have some heavy duty wire that might hold up to it. Great advice. I would never had thought of it!

Limeyaku
06-07-2003, 09:28 PM
i use any brand spray paint...i really don't know enough about it to choose a specific brand. ^_^;;

basically, just get regular spraypaint though. /no/ laquer stuff. i don't know what other kinds there are but im staying away from specific types from now on. ^_^;; i used the laquer on my rikku weapons and scarf ( not knowing it was laquer stuff ) and it took VERY long to dry and dried sticky and shiny ( obviously XD ), as opposed to the regular kind we used on naria/eriya and atelier marie and leblanc that dried within 5 minutes.

it DOES stiffen at first but you CAN bend it around without it braking and make the material flexible again. unless, i like previously said, its used on a stiff material like leather, and depending on the type of spraypaint, it might crack.

i agree that its an interesting and easy way to achieve many desired effects. on naria/eriya, it covered the entire bodysuit without darker/lighter splotches and avoided the hassle of finding the right colour dye and the actual process of dying. cuz im a lazy. ^_^;

one of the best things about it is that you can use either colour on top of another.

for example, yunas sideskirt. you can either spraypaint blue on top of white material or white on top of blue. i think white over blue would be easier considering it would be less to paint.

it's also EXTREMELY helpful in avoiding the hassle of gradient dying. to achieve gradient, all you do is hold the can closer to make parts darker and slowly move it away as you spray into the gradient area. for the bottom of maries jacket, i had to go over it a few times to make the white bright enough, but considering yunas skirt is relatively light blue, it shouldnt be too much trouble.

i also think that spraypainting might be a GOOD way to go for her sideskirt BECAUSE it adds a little stiffness. that could work to your advantage, considerinf you could crinkle or fold pleats/creases into it to make it look more like hers. ^^

hope that helps a bit more! ^0^

Mizuho
06-07-2003, 10:12 PM
I'm making a Gunner Yuna costume for a commission, and I bought some nice vertically-crinkly material and made three different sections, and gradient-dyed each one. It looks great so far, although a stiffer material would be nice. :)

I actually had a question to ask... But I think I'm going to try something and see if it works first. :D

Adella
06-09-2003, 04:09 AM
THE SIDE SKIRT IS CALLED "THE FLUFFY". ^______^!!!

FLuffy Fluffy Fluffy!

Masako
06-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much! I'm slowly building my tail... Making three separate long thing with plushie material stuffed inside and then braiding it. Hopefully it won't be too darn heavy. >_< Here's a picture of my finished skirt =3

http://doki3.net/nyao/yuna_skirt.jpg

Troppy
06-10-2003, 01:21 PM
Yay, Masako is using the Troppy method for the tail! On that note, it IS very heavy. Mine is around the neck AND attached in my hair... >.o but it looks really great!

As for the skirt, that's really adorable! How did you cut the bottom so it has the bumpy pattern and yet...there seems to be a seam running along the waves...that's amazing! Did you just luck out and find lace that was formatted that way? o_0

Masako
06-10-2003, 01:39 PM
Thanx Troppy!
Firstly I cut the skirt into parts she lace didn't come like that so I had to cut it into parts (each 'bump' is a separate part) and then I sewed all the parts together using hand (cause dunno how to machine lace, it was kinda hard :X) So basically you cut each 'wave' bumpy thing out as parts and then sew them back together then you'll get the pleated, bumpy effect.

Troppy
06-10-2003, 01:46 PM
did you do anything to the bumps themselves? Because one would think that just cutting the lace would mean that it would start to fray/come apart easily. Did you handsew a seam around that too? God that's crazy. I have a serious problem machine-sewing curves, and by hand just seems so time consuming!

but it looks amazing... *_*

Masako
06-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Yeah I actually have 2 layers cause the lace looks so thin :E so I joined these 2 layers at the bump by hand and turn them inside out then sewed all the bumps together. Actually it isn't that long to do cause well lace is much easier to hand stich. XD

Limeyaku
06-10-2003, 02:36 PM
WOAH! *_* someone actually made the skirt flawlessly! *0* you did an AMAZING job!! i cant wait to see the finished thing!! its so gorgeous *_* i dont have the patience or dedication to lenne/yuna to actually make my skirt that nice XD

Adella
06-11-2003, 04:51 AM
I want to just chime something in real quick that I noticed earlier in the thread. Be careful with spray painting anything that will be going on your body. Spray paint isn't like normal paint it's a hazardous chemical that is very flammable. I know none of you are gonna be dancing around fires, but keep in mind that you're a walking match if you're wearing spray paint.

Yuna
06-11-2003, 04:56 AM
WOAH! *_* someone actually made the skirt flawlessly! *0* you did an AMAZING job!! i cant wait to see the finished thing!! its so gorgeous *_* i dont have the patience or dedication to lenne/yuna to actually make my skirt that nice XD

Do you understand how incredibly rude that is? That's real nice to all the other people who have cosplayed Yuna/Lenne to insinuate that A) Their skirts were not good enough and B) that they didn't put in "patience and/or dedication" into their costumes. Complimenting someone's work is all well and good, but the way you say things sometimes is just so utterly rude. There are a lot of people who do their best on their costumes, THEIR best, and then come into a thread like this and see a comment like that, can really, REALLY, kill a person's pride in their costume and abilities. Considering this is a puclic message board, try and be mindful that saying things like, "WOAH! *_* someone actually made the skirt flawlessly! *0*," esspecially when it's a popular costume, is very rude and potentially hurtful to other's who have cosplayed that character.

Maryssa
06-11-2003, 10:42 AM
I think something is going to be decided in regards to comments like this. Several people have been hurt in the past and it's pointless.

Limeyaku
06-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Argh. This thread has a lot of arguments. -_-

I don't want to carry this on any more though I do feel it necessary for myself to post a public apology to anyone that may have been offended by what I said, rather than having people think I don't care. >_< Cause I do.

I'm not one to say what or who's costumes are the best, but I /do/ have an opinion on what I think looks nice and I should be able to voice it. I in no way meant that anyone else's was poorly done. Actually, all that I have seen so far are gorgeous.

Personally, imo, if a cosplayer takes the time to make a costume at all, then they are dedicated enough to cosplay that character at all and I respect that. I respect all cosplayers. Cosplay is an art, the way I see and if someone can make something wearable, then it's good and they're a good cosplayer. No one is 'better', obviously, that's only in the eye of the beholder.

I wasn't intending on putting anyones other works down. I was simply expressing how much I like Masako's skirt, especially. In /my/ opinion.

This is a cosplay board and opinions are obviously going to be said and shared. That's how discussion is made. If everyone kept everything to themselves in fear that they would insult someone else, nobody in the world would talk which would probably lead to disaster. ^_^;

Also, if everyone took everyone else's opinions so literally, personally, and put a negative swing on it ( ie. i'm supposedly implying that everyone else's skirts /aren't/ good ) then nobody would still be on cosplay.com due to all the 'hurt feelings'. People have opinions, they will be voiced. In 95% of all voiced opinions, they are meant to help/encourage who they were directed to, not put everyone it /wasn't/ directed to down, right?

I obviously meant no harm or insults. If I did, I would've come straight out and said " that's SO much better than everyone else's! ". Everything I've seen made is good. I was just very impressed at how accurate Masako's skirt is to the actual art and CG, in my eyes.

In no way whatsoever, in ANY words did i ever imply that any other cosplayers did NOT have the patience or dedication to cosplay well. If you read it correctly, that comment was directed towards MYSELF. I said " I " dont have the patience or dedication. Not anyone else. And I'm not ashamed of that at all. If it's the truth, so be it. O_o;

You saying that I meant " everyone else sucks " is quite like me thinking that YOU meant " god, limeyakus an incredibly rude person " which would be a direct flame to me ( which you /might/ be meaning but... ^_^;; you get my point ) rather than reading the post for what it is, plain and simple. I find it funny though, that you come at me for saying I think that skirt is flawless, after so many people have said that so many times about so many costumes. Including your revised X Yuna...why didn't they get told off? O_o

Posts can be misleading. Read what they say, don't try to bend what the poster is trying to get across. -_- If I did that, I could take that post as a personal attack and a flame since you specifically singled out my quotes and called me 'incredibly rude', which again, you might think but that's your own opinion. ^_^

Again, I didn't mean to insult anyone and to me, any cosplay is a good cosplay and if the creator has enough skill and confidence to wear it, it's just as good as the rest.

If I may, without getting lectured again, voice an opinion, personally, I think anyone who WOULD take that comment so negatively should realize that people are free to say what they feel and all is fair in cosplay. People will be worse than you, people will be better. That's life. C'est la vie.

I really, really am sorry though, to those of you sensitive enough to take that comment personally to heart in a negative manner. I see all cosplayers as great, talented people and I applaud us all. *o*

Anything further regarding this discussion, please pm me. ^_^ I feel guilty enough for having carried this out this far, but like I said, I strongly found it necessary to post a public apology to anyone that may have been offended. ;_;

And in regards to the 'banning of saying such things'...I don't think that would work. We're all people ( right? O_o;; ) and people make mistakes. People have opinions and they're going to say them intentionally and maybe mistakingly slip. Opinions are everywhere and you can't escape them or ban them. Otherwise every other member on this forum will be banned. x.x

I understand that saying " You're THE Yuna " etc. could be prevented, however, saying " THATS SO AMAZING/FLAWLESS/BEAUTIFUL/GREAT/etc! " would not. That would pretty much defeat the purpose of human kindness and complimenting. If people don't say " You ARE yuna " they'll still say, " THATS GREAT ". and as far as I know... " thats great " means... " thats great " . Not " oh wow. everyone elses is trash heaps from a hobo farm off some stupid junk planet no one cares about ".

okay. im stopping now. x_x i hope i cleared some things up, and did so without 'insulting' anyone else. ^_^;;

elfinder
06-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Well said Limeyaku, I never though you were being rude when you commented about the skirt. It is pretty!

Any tips for the criss cross arm bands on singer yuna? I wanna make sure I can keep mine from slipping.....

Yuna-X2
06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
*claps* Well put Limeyaku!

And the skirt is wonderful! I wish I could make mine that detailed. :P

Limeyaku
06-11-2003, 04:25 PM
me and sakuradayu used elastic for our armbands. they didnt look to accurate though. XD lots of people have made them so much nicer *_* i think heki-chan and her sis used ribbon and double sided tape...hmmm

Adella
06-11-2003, 04:33 PM
Here is a suggestion. Instead of saying "wow someone actually made the skirt flawlessly" why not say something more constructive like "Wow your skirt is made flawlessly".

Word choice has a lot to do with how things are interpreted on message boards. I have had one particular friend of mine be very hurt by someone's comments on another board. They were trying to compliment someone else and insulted her in the process.

Arisa
06-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Okay, I brought this up in the "Every costume is NOT satin!" thread, but I figured I'd bring it up here, too.

Does Gunner Yuna's top look satin to anyone else? Maybe silk?

yuffieleonheart
06-11-2003, 06:24 PM
it doesn't look satin/silk to me but that's just imo ^_^

Yuna
06-11-2003, 08:11 PM
OMG!! Demi Moore's guns in the new Charle's Angel's movie look just like Yuna's!! They're all huge in her pretty little hands too!!! =o My mom even saw it, and that's rare.

Adella
06-11-2003, 08:13 PM
I want to see! ^^

Kawaii Yuna
06-11-2003, 08:16 PM
Me 2!! Yuna look-alike guns! That should be much fun! :D

yuffieleonheart
06-11-2003, 08:25 PM
haha i wanna see to ^_^

Masako
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by elfinder

Any tips for the criss cross arm bands on singer yuna? I wanna make sure I can keep mine from slipping.....

I used stretchy PVC type of ribbon thingies I found at a shop (looks very similar to Yuna's black thingy) then I'm gonna use double sided tape to keep it in place. Hopefully this will work.

elfinder
06-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Lookie!!!!!!

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=390171&RN=129

Yuna boots! *cries* I'm a size 11 so I bet those won't fit me, I don't wanna risk it *cries*

Yuna Summoner
06-11-2003, 09:29 PM
Does anyone have some clear pics of yuna's bikini? (hot springs or whatever) I can't really tell what's going on there....I've never made a swimming suit, but maybe I'll try...

Catatonic_Van
06-11-2003, 09:35 PM
I don't think the top is made of satin or silk. I got the Sphere with materials artbook and you can actually see the different weaves of the fabrics. I made my first Yuna top out of satin weave stretch twill and my second one is being constructed from Jersey knit and rib knit. Also the satin might be hard to work with and you'd have to interface the whole thing for if to support all the stuff attached to it. But to each his/her own. I think Christy's Yuna top is made of pvc vinyl and it still looks great.

A possible tip for ya'all who are making the popstar Yuna. You might want to try using spirit gum to hold up your arm criss crosses. That way you wouldn't have to sacrifice a certain type of cording you like for something else that would work better. It will probably damage the cording if it's very porous though. The cord always struck me as something that looked rubbery and not fabric like. If you could find something like that you wouldn't have to worry about the spirit gum ruining it. But try coating one side of a ribbon with latex or even an acrylic varnish might work.

Masako
06-11-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by elfinder
Lookie!!!!!!

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=390171&RN=129

Yuna boots! *cries* I'm a size 11 so I bet those won't fit me, I don't wanna risk it *cries*

Umm what size do they want? I'm confused... I'm size (chinese) 40 and US 10.5 and UK 8. I'm not sure which size conversion they want.