PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that lives in the SF Bay Area can give me a ride to this event?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-03-2003, 05:31 PM
I would like to go to this and I was wondering, if anyone that lives in the SF bay Area is going down to this event, can I get a ride? I'll gladly chip in for gas. and I'm cool to be around with. If you can, can you please post it here? Cause I would serously like to meet everybody else before Fanime/AX rolls around. :D

soshi
04-03-2003, 05:54 PM
that's quite a haul for a one day event O_O;

Tetsugyu
04-04-2003, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear that buddy. I think the only person from SF is Michi and she's lucky in that she's visiting relatives down here that weekend so she can come. I wish I could help you out somehow. See if you can get a flight if you REALLY wann go. I hear they got 30 dollar deals round trip. Irvine is right next to John Wanyne Airport.

Michi
04-04-2003, 06:42 AM
I don't think many people are going all the way down just for this. It's like their equivalent of our little gettogethers. *shrugs* The only reason I can go, like Tetsugyu said, is that I just happen to be visiting relatives in Orange County that weekend. ^_^; I wouldn't try and bum a ride just for this. @_@; No offense to Admin and whatnot. ^^;

Medic
04-06-2003, 04:42 AM
Hey I live near the bay area. I love to help you out but I not sure if I working that day or not, but I see what I can do. But you do know it a 6 hour trip right? Anyway if I can get the day off I would be happy to take you as long as you donít mind riding in a Jeep wrangler

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Medic: sure..no problem. Just send me a PM or I'll send you a PM. Hey, Jeep Wranglers are cool.

Tetsugyu
04-10-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Michi
I don't think many people are going all the way down just for this. It's like their equivalent of our little get togethers. *shrugs* The only reason I can go, like Tetsugyu said, is that I just happen to be visiting relatives in Orange County that weekend. ^_^; I wouldn't try and bum a ride just for this. @_@; No offense to Admin and whatnot. ^^;

I doubt any offense would be taken. If the gathering was in SF, no matter if I could drive or not, I still wouldn't go. It wouldn't be worth it to me. But to Medic and Ryu, more power to ya!

PS: Joke for Ryu, the G Gundam Fan...

Comic Book Guy (From the Simpsons): This is a very rare gun used by GinRei in the Japanese Anime "Giant Robo: The Animation". It was only fired once, to prevent Yasuhiro Imagawa from creating another episode of G Gundam.

I wish I could take credit for that jem. :) But it comes to you from the wacky mind of Jim. You'll be meeting him there.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Tetsugyu:That's funny dude. I like it :D and thanks.

Tetsugyu
04-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Glad you liked it. Did you get it though?

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Tetsugyu: yeah I did get it. that's why it's funny :D

Eurobeat King
04-16-2003, 04:40 AM
Tetsugyu: Hey, guess what? Your friend who was in your Animagic skit stopped by my work place today, and he remembered me from Animagic. He said he was in your skit, (forgot which character) but his son was the Alberto and his daughter was the Ginrei. I said, "yeah, I know Jerod" :) I told him about the gathering, and he said you mentioned you were going to go, so I told him a little more details about it. Hopefully if you chat with him when he goes back to L.A., fill him in more about it. ;)

I wish I could go, and if anyone also from the Bay Area is driving down there and has space, please let me know. I'm willing to pay for gas, and even a meal on the way to/from it. I wish it were on a Saturday, so it would allow me to get home on Sunday and rest up for work on Monday. But I guess the Sunday is what it's going to be.. :thumbsup: If it were on Saturday, I was thinking about renting a car, and leave SF on Friday night, and be back sometime on Sunday.. But it's a long shot.. I'll keep you posted..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Eurobeat King: You can ask medic... he's the one giving me a ride down there. :D

Tetsugyu
04-17-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Eurobeat King
Tetsugyu: Hey, guess what? Your friend who was in your Animagic skit stopped by my work place today, and he remembered me from Animagic. He said he was in your skit, (forgot which character) but his son was the Alberto and his daughter was the GinRei. I said, "yeah, I know Jerod" :) I told him about the gathering, and he said you mentioned you were going to go, so I told him a little more details about it. Hopefully if you chat with him when he goes back to L.A., fill him in more about it. ;)

No way? PANDA 2 is in Frisco? Oh crap! No wonder I can't reach any of them! lol. Yeah he was Jujoji in our Big Fire skit. PANDA 2 (Real Name: Mamoru/Don) is the Father of Alex (Albert from Robo, not you. :p) and Jessica (GinRei). Far out eh? lol.

Oh BTW man...My name is "Jarod" Not "Jerod". Please remember this, it's the second time I've corrected you! >< :P Tell Thomas I miss him and I miss you too buds. I hope to see you there!

I told them all the Skivy on the Picnic, but thanks for reminding them. They all get so busy they forget alot of stuff like that. Buts I loves that Family! (The Nishimotos)

Again, Tell Thomas Tetsugyu misses his orginal Daisaku and I hope to see him soon. Rock out Albert buddy! Let me get your AIM ok? My Ex GF Loralile said you won't give it to me :(

PS: I never see you on the name on your profile.

Medic
04-17-2003, 01:40 AM
Hey if you want Eurobeat King I would be honored to give you a ride with us, main because your the one that got me into cosplay, if it was not for so many dam photos of you on the internet I would have never tried it and no I not a fan boy I not like that, it is just most of the photos of you I seen are of you having fun at some kind of con, so I thought I would give it a try, anyways I going to stop there cuz I sure you donít want to hear my life story. There only one thing and that is that I donít know my way around S.F. I only know embarkedadarow (sp?) and Broadway after that I kind of get lost

Eurobeat King
04-18-2003, 02:36 AM
Medic: Hey, that would be so cool of you if you could provide me a ride down there. :) I'm willing to pay for gas, provide some snacks, and if you need an extra driver, I can help out for a few hours of driving on just I-5 since that's the easiest part of the trip. I'm old enough to drive, (even rent a car) and have my own insurance. I live in the Diamond Heights part of San Francisco, but can meet you at a specific location if you need me to.

A few Q's for ya:

-Who else (besides RyuHayabusaDOA2) will be travelling down with you? What kind of car do you have?
-What day & time do you plan to leave San Francisco?
-What day & time do you plan to get BACK to San Francisco?

My work schedule at SONY is that I work on that Friday, May 2nd, until 6pm, and then I'm free (off Saturday and Sunday) but need to be back to work come Monday morning. But even if I get home late Sunday night, I'll get enough rest to be at work come Monday morning. So leaving FR night (and staying somewhere SAT. night) is OK with me, but leaving Saturday day/night is also good. Just let me know, as I'm letting you know when my availabilty is. ;)

Tetsugyu: Ackk.. sorry about the name mix-up, dude. :thumbsup: I'll try to get it right; I'm just forgetful at my age.. ^_^;; Yeah, that was nice of your friend PANDA2 to come up and introduce himself (one of Shannon's Kenshin friends did likewise, since Josh, goes to the Academy of Art College near my work) and hopefully he might be at the gathering. I hope I'M able to make it also, *crosses fingers* so hopefully the threads of fate will fall my way, so I'll be able to make it and reunite with the So.CA cosplay.com people (not to mention Admin & Aeris, which we'll meet again 2 weeks later for a-cen) Expect great pics to come if I go, along with print-outs from my chibi-printer! ;) (Does the gathering place have an electrical outlet?? hehe)

Oh, sorry if I haven't posted too often. These past few weeks have been busy for me, with work, M-F, Sakuracon, more work (spring-break means busy-times at the Metreon), and then getting ready for the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade this Sunday, and then Wondercon the weekend after. Plus I'm working on my Fanime/AX costume, so whatever time I'm online, it's mainly to check email, these forums, and pictures. We'll talk in person come the gathering. :) Tom says hello, he's also busy with his substitute-teaching and all. You'll see him at AX..

Thanks again, Medic, if you can provide me a ride down to the gathering. I really appreciate it, and it should be a fun weekend. Keep me posted!!

Medic
04-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Ok let get Q and A out of the way first

Who else will be traveling with me, well yeah RyuHayabusaDOA2 and you but I still can fit one more person in my car if there is someone out there in the bay area that would like to go. What kind of car do I drive? Well a Jeep Wrangler model 97, I hope that is ok (some people donít like Jeep O_o they say they flip to easy but I have not flipped mine yet ^_^)

What day & time do I plan to leave San Francisco? That is up to you, I could pick you up at that morning at 2 a.m. May 4 or I could let you spend the night at my house (need to take this over with my roommate a.k.a my father) but all keep you posted on that.

What day & and time do you plan to get Back to San Francisco? Again that is all up to you, at this point I have Sunday and Monday, So I donít care if we stay the whole day and you could sleep in the back on the way home, if we stay the whole day arrive time to San Francisco would be about 3 a.m May 5 if traffic is not that bad (the only thing is if we to go this route then I need to hit a starbuckes on the way back for some coffee but that about all)

Is that all the Questions for me? Ok now on to me my Questions for you guys.

First on is for Eurobeat King where in the hell is Diamond Heights O_o;; How far is it from Broadway? Get back to me on that ok will figure something out.

The next two are for both of you. Ok top up or down and doors on or off. I drive a Jeep so we have that options, but if you guys get cold to easy then it might be better to leave the top on as well as the doors, but then it up to you guys the only abjection I would have if it was raining then the top is defiantly staying up sorry but I have not waterproofed my dash, seat and flooring yet even thought I have a drain plug at the bottom of me jeep go figure.

Next issue we need to deal with is music. I cool with most music but anyone that change my radio to rap will find themselves on the side of some road face down in a pool of their own blood J/k, but please lets keep the rap down to only a few songs please, ok any ways I have a wide range of CD ranging for anime, to techno to alterative, I own close to 200 CD and should have a CD that should fit your liking unless you like rape. I have nothing agaste rap it only I really donít like it that much

This one will be the last one of now until I can think of some more, who wants shotgun? I figure I ask that now so you guys can figure it out now. An my reason behind this is cuz some of my friend wasted the whole day fighting over who gets the front sent. I sure you guys are more adult about thing like this but I just like to get this out of the way.

Ok I think that it for now I sure Iíll have more it just that all I can think of right now

Eurobeat King
04-18-2003, 10:33 PM
Medic: Thanks for providing me with some info.. Now I can answer some of your Q's with my answers..

If you're driving a stick, then I can't drive, since A/T is my forte. But I'll do what I can to help keep you up if we drive during the night, else spring for your coffee and/or power drink to help keep you awake if I need to sleep for a little bit.

So you plan to leave on Saturday night? Would it be possible to leave after midnight so we can take our time there and get there around 7-8am? Broadway is really far from Diamond Heights, since that's like, in Chinatown, right? You can PM me your address, and I can meet you at your place before we take-off for L.A., since I might go out Saturday night and have someone drop me off at your place.

Yesh, I need to be back to work on Monday, so if I get home around 1-2am Sunday night, that would work. So the latest we leave L.A. would be.. 6-8pm MAX. Is that OK with you?

As for the Q's regarding the ride down there: it doesn't matter to me that I sit in the front or back, and we can switch between front and back when we stop for gas and food. And since I'm not driving, I usually let the driver choose the music. Since I'll be a passenger this time, I might bring my own music on CD to listen to. But if you don't mind my Eurobeat music and/or Anime ParaPara, you're welcome to play some. :)

Medic
04-19-2003, 12:05 AM
Ok first I need to tell you I leave far away from S.F. about an hour away so if your friend is willing to drive that far then get back to me and ill give you my address, there is an alterative meeting point ant that is in Pleasanton were I work, your pick or give me another alterative meeting point, but whatever is good with me, the whole thing about leavening after midnight you would have to run it past RyuHayabusaDOA2 otherwise I cool with me.

What is Eurobeat music? Is it kind of like techno? In any case I try to keep all my passenger happy, So please answer me this and I need an answers from both of you before April 30, 2003 Do you guys want the top of my jeep off or on when we go to the gathering in L.A.. The only reason I need to know is cuz I need time to ask for space to store my top and doors on my jeep

Tetsugyu
04-20-2003, 01:42 AM
Tetsugyu: Ackk.. sorry about the name mix-up, dude. :thumbsup: I'll try to get it right; I'm just forgetful at my age.. ^_^;;
It's kool man. It just seemd kinda funny because after your last post on the orginal picnic thread I corrected you and I felt ignored. @_@ I'm more mad at Loralile for not corrrecting you...she knows better. lol

Yeah, that was nice of your friend PANDA2 to come up and introduce himself (one of Shannon's Kenshin friends did likewise, since Josh, goes to the Academy of Art College near my work) and hopefully he might be at the gathering. I hope I'M able to make it also, *crosses fingers* so hopefully the threads of fate will fall my way, so I'll be able to make it and reunite with the So. CA cosplay.com people (not to mention Admin & Aeris, which we'll meet again 2 weeks later for a-cen) Expect great pics to come if I go, along with print-outs from my chibi-printer! ;) (Does the gathering place have an electrical outlet?? hehe)
Yeah PANDA 2 is awesome. He is the sequle to PANDA, which is my Father. You can't expect anything less from the two Masters of the Cosmos. lol I can't wait to see you too man! Ever since AM it's been hard to keep in contact with you and your brother, and then there was that mixup on your Super Cosplay Flash site... -_-' I still have that pic we took together at AM and when I see it I wonder if you hate me. LOL! Only because, again it's been hard to get in contact with you and all that...after multiple emails.

PS: Can I post picks of your friend at Ohayoo Con who cosplayed as Big Fire on my cosplay group's site? We are trying to gather all the GR cosplay images we can.
Oh, sorry if I haven't posted too often. These past few weeks have been busy for me, with work, M-F, Sakuracon, more work (spring-break means busy-times at the Metreon), and then getting ready for the Cherry Blossom Festival Parade this Sunday, and then Wondercon the weekend after. Plus I'm working on my Fanime/AX costume, so whatever time I'm online, it's mainly to check email, these forums, and pictures. We'll talk in person come the gathering. :) Tom says hello, he's also busy with his substitute-teaching and all. You'll see him at AX..
I hear that. Life gets busy. At least I know now we are kool. I miss you and Thomas. Tell him I'm glad he's back working, I hope his strike got what he wanted out of it. I hope I see you there! Medic! You better bring Albert!

Tetsugyu
04-20-2003, 01:49 AM
To Medic on Techno and Eurobeat:

You know, you take some obligotory quote from some old Sci-Fi movie like...

The system is down, the system is down, the system is down,
The system is down, the system is down, the system is down.

I must comend you guys....that's fucking devotion right there man. All that planning. Amazing...

Why not just fly? I hear the rates are good?

Medic
04-20-2003, 03:31 AM
Medic Fly!!!! ROFL, Do you want to see the SFO shut Down for a day, *Medic dose not like airport period* It not that I am afraid to fly it just going into the airport that freaks me out, I think it cuz sometime I get paranoid in large crowed of people. Anyways I like to drive, and I really donít consider myself devoted cuz this will be the second time I have gone to anything to do with cosplaying, but this time I wont has some half moronic friend with me that wants to say in the hotel even thought I paid for everything, (The Anime expo was such a waste of my money cuz I never got to go out and see much because of this so called friend) So this time I want to make up for the anime expo (even thought I might not be in costume ( dam you work)) an meet some of the people I was dieing to meet at the expo such as, Eurobeat, and Aeris, as well as some of the people like you Tetsugyu I find all of you fascinating, and just being able to meet one would make the trip worth it. Now that I freaked everyone by saying that and you most like now donít want me to go * look at self in the mirror and put head down in shame* but I must stress I not a fan boy (I really not sure what a fan boy is) I just really like to meet people, it really funny cuz I hate be in crows of people mainly because I feel all alone when I am in a crowed of people

Tetsugyu
04-21-2003, 01:09 AM
Not at all buddy! I want everyone to come! I can't wait to meet all of you people either!

Your sauce will mix with ours, and we'll make a good goolaush baby!

It'll rock!

Medic
04-21-2003, 03:08 AM
I have no clue what you said Tetsugyu but it made me hungrey *miss out on Ester dinner as will as breakfast and lunch today* *_* I starving and all place to get something to eat are in closed in town. And to top it all off I have not shop for food in over a month so there is no food in my house unless you count the 15 boxes of pocky.

Tetsugyu
04-21-2003, 03:11 AM
It's a line from a Song by Tenatious D called "Dio". You should check them out, they're awesome! *headbangs*

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-21-2003, 04:47 PM
Medic: Ok..well, if you want to pick me up after midnight, is cool by me. I'm usually awake at that hour. ^_^
well, I like to listen to pretty much aout everything, but yeah, I don't like rap anyways.
Shotgun, it doesn't matter to me, and I don't care if it with the windows top or down. and Yeah, I'll help you on gas dude.
BTW, I was wondering, would you like to meet in person before this?

Eurobeat King
04-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Well, it turns out that I WON'T be able to go to the May 4th gathering afterall, as I have to work that weekend to make up for the time off I'm taking for A-cen and A-kon at the mid- and end of the month.. :( Since I'm not using my vacation hours for both cons, my bosses needed me to make up those days I take off, and they needed me to do it the weekend of May 3-4. :thumbsup: So, to Medic and RyuHayabusa, thanks for your help and I appreciated the ride down there, but I sadly will have to miss the May 4th gathering.. At least I'll have A-cen and A-kon. Hope you guys have fun and drive safely!! ;)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Al: that's too bad dude, but is ok. I'll take pics!

Tetsugyu
04-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Oh that sucks! I was looking forward to seeing you there. Ah well.

Medic
04-23-2003, 03:25 AM
That really blows donkeyís dude! Sorry to here that you will be working on the day of the gathering ( and right after I made RyuHayabuseDOA2 changer his post on the RSVP thread to include you) Maybe I will see you at the Lancaster Con, that if you are going. But in anycase I hope you have fun at the A-cen and A-kon,

Christophe
04-23-2003, 09:10 AM
I was thinking about going but I, too live in Northern California (Sunnyvale, 40 miles south of San Fran) with no way to get there. Whats funny is that I have to go to LA the next week for the E3 video game expo. The vast majority of my friends live down in SoCal and I wish there were more events to give me an excuse to go down there! ; . ;

Medic
04-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Hey Ryu I might bring my laptop with me to the gathering so (depends on if I get my car lighter working to day) so do you want to watch movies on are way down to the gathering and if so what kind, or if you have DVD of your own you could bring them to watch on are way down to the gathering

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-24-2003, 05:11 PM
whatever Works medic. I don't have any anime DVD's right now, but I do have a Para Para Paradise VCD! LOL

Medic
04-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Sorry RyuHayabuseDOA2 that I was not able to make it yesterday, I was involved in an accident, which tolled my jeep, But I see what I can do about the gathering this upcoming weekend. As we speak I looking for another car, I will keep you posted as soon as more information comes along, at this point it a 50-50 on going but that will change after to day for the better or worse but I will keep you posted, and again I am really sorry about yesterday.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-26-2003, 03:31 PM
medic:ish ok. I was wondering where you were but at least your life is more important than your car. ^_^ I'm glad that you made it out ok.

Tetsugyu
04-27-2003, 12:59 AM
Ohh man Medic! I'm so sorry to hear that shit dude. I wish you all the luck in the world buddy. Safe driving on your way here, if you make it. I'll keep you two in mindshot if you're not here. Make a toast and all that or something. I was looking forward to seeing you. Still hope I do. Again, good luck.

Medic
04-27-2003, 03:52 AM
Thanks for your consren guys, Yeah i think we will be able to make it Tetsugyu, I just was able to pick up a new car, but the only thing is right now i am in a butt-load of pain. posablity that i will be taking photos of the damged car so you can see what i talking about, Ryu yeah i would have gotten back to you sooner, about what happen. But i say that are changes of going are 75-25 ( 75 is that where going but i still have to recover from some of my injorys) oh yeah if you guys cant read what i typed i sorry the painkillers they got me on are quit stronge

Ill talk to you guys later

RyuHayabusaDOA2
04-27-2003, 03:58 AM
Thanks Medic for the update. Take care dude and get some sleep. and rest a lot.