PDA

View Full Version : Disgaea Dood! Prinny cosplay

Bunnie-Fu
01-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm planning to cosplay Etna and dressign up my boyfriend as a Prinny. I was wondering if I could get some feedback/ advice on making a Prinny costume. What would be the best way to actually make it so it looks cute/nice.

I was thinking of a bodysuit hoodie thing but not sure if it'll look right, expecially on my boyfriend (he's super new to cosplay)

thanks for any help!

references:
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/nipponichi/prinny.jpg
http://gtfomyinter.net/c/disgaea_prinny.jpg

feytaline
01-24-2007, 10:33 PM
You seem to have the right idea.

I think if you make a hoodie, put a baseball cap or something similiar under the hood to shape the 'beak' so he's looking out through the Prinny's mouth. I wouldn't worry too much about making it a full bodysuit--really, you'll only need the top half for people to get the idea.

And be sure to make a functional bag around his waist so he can carry around all of your con stuff, too!

Man, why didn't *I* think of this? lol

Bunnie-Fu
01-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh yea yea I gots the whole prinny hoodie head adn beak planned out! I think its gonna look super cute and chibi xD (not sure if my boyfriend would appreciate being "cute" though :toothy: )

Well I think making it into like a loong jacket/hoodie could work well, at least making it come up to his knee's or a little shorter (dont want it to look to much like a dress o_o;;)

and i cant wait to mkae the pouch! xD i'm gonna have him carry around forks, sporks, spoons and random things like that! Haha!

Next question to ask though would be.....how to make wings??? :O

You seem to have the right idea.

I think if you make a hoodie, put a baseball cap or something similiar under the hood to shape the 'beak' so he's looking out through the Prinny's mouth. I wouldn't worry too much about making it a full bodysuit--really, you'll only need the top half for people to get the idea.

And be sure to make a functional bag around his waist so he can carry around all of your con stuff, too!

Man, why didn't *I* think of this? lol

Omega Dragon
01-26-2007, 12:22 AM
omg a Prinny costumes that great, i can't help with the wings but i wish u good luck, well u could make them out of cloth and polyfill them then attach to ur back with velcro, but u'll need good velcro. =).

Crimson_art
04-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm planning to cosplay Etna and dressign up my boyfriend as a Prinny. I was wondering if I could get some feedback/ advice on making a Prinny costume. What would be the best way to actually make it so it looks cute/nice.

I was thinking of a bodysuit hoodie thing but not sure if it'll look right, expecially on my boyfriend (he's super new to cosplay)

thanks for any help!

references:
http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/nipponichi/prinny.jpg
http://gtfomyinter.net/c/disgaea_prinny.jpg

I was actually thinking of doing the same thing for my brother since i'm done with my Etna costume.
A modified hoodie is probably the best way to go since he's new to cosplay (he'll feel less funny than if he were wearing a mascot style Prinny Costime. As for the wings try some sturdy / stiff material ( so nothing flowy that may lose shape easily) sew it around some cardboard or just sew them flat on his back... if you're daring (like me) use wire to support the shape and sew them on back.
Maybe some brownish jeans for bottom and then the baseball cap (previously suggested) and sew on some eyes on top.

livengood
04-18-2008, 12:16 AM
The wings can be pretty simple to make. Since Prinny wings aren't very big, yo ucan probably follow some simple bat wing tutorials, and if you make them of a light enough material, you can attach them directly to the back.

olvvvvlo
10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Well several years ago in Deaths day in Mexico a guy went in popular program with a very odd idea. He was a elf charguing a sack, the elf was like one meter tall, but the guy was normal size. The trick was that he was actually inside of the sack, this could make a prinny good costume for a competition or something but it coul be unconfortable for long time.

Tyhm
03-12-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm making one myself. Even gonna put a teddybear voicechip in the beak, use polyfil for that, simple cone; probably gonna use Craft Webbing (it's with the Interfacing, the cutting counter ladies will warn you it's only for placemats but it's totally for cosplay, it's washable cardboard that glues itself to the fabric on the inside!), and make the bat wings the way I usually do: cut 2 pair joined in the middle, a little bigger than I want, with the "top" thick part extended; sew them together inside out (interfacing on top, then 2 layers of felt-like material) leaving a gap in the middle, pull them right side out (now the interfacing is between the two layers), iron it to glue the interfacing, then run a seam along the "spars" of the wings for decoration. Then you just gotta cut 2 slits in the back of the hoody between the shoulders, roll up the wings enough to slide them through, and sew around the holes to anchor the wings, nae problemo.

My big concern is I wanna cheat with the hoody pouch/prinny spode, so the tiny leathery fanny pack can hold way more than it looks like it should (since the back is sewn into the hoody belly so I can store even more in the prinny belly)...that's gonna be fun. :-D