PDA

View Full Version : naruto 2007

maggifan
01-22-2007, 05:22 PM
who is planning to go as a naruto character to comic-con 2007?

i'll go as ino :bigtu:

gathering is on
friday 3:00pm
Sails Pavillion (In front of ballroom 20)
second floor

naruto gathering

anko-sexykatkakashi
deidara-Eshiza
genma -brainanim
gaara-yami
yondaime-raevyn
itachi-Ashenine boyfriend
ino-maggifan,ryoko
haku-lyris,akato
kabuto-miss_kye
kakashi-Riddler-kakashi
kiba-Ashenine's friend,hinaxchan
kyuubi fire aura naruto-linkluver6
orochimaru-miss_kye friend
Sai-Suna
sakura-LuvKH
sasuke-DarkReflection,Ashenine
shizune-crash_override
temari-FFDreamer121,Kemicle,LeanaMee101,Biteme4110
tsunade-lady tsunade
Tsunade (hokage w/ hat) - ~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
time jump Gaara - zer0_0verride
time-skip Hinata -spunkyK101
time jump naruto - ethanol, sonicfan
time jump sakura - mlarad,rikku dattebayo, Lilydraken
time jump sasuke- chibi-kun
zabuza- akato boyfriend

not sure-YuffieK,

ycysusan2001
01-23-2007, 01:06 AM
depend what day is the gathering ^^ I have ambu cos

raevyn
01-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I recomend you do a little more searching before posting something. There's already a Naruto Group/Gathering discussion going on:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=76336
I'll probably go as Yondaime or Tobi btw ;)

ycysusan2001
01-23-2007, 01:27 PM
I recomend you do a little more searching before posting something. There's already a Naruto Group/Gathering discussion going on:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=76336
I'll probably go as Yondaime or Tobi btw ;)

though that is from last year

raevyn
01-23-2007, 03:04 PM
d'oh, my bad then XD That's why they put years in the titles. Sorry about that ^^;

linkluver6
01-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I really want to do Tsunade because I love her character

so I might attempt that because her outfit is not too difficult

BrianAnim
01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
you know me... Genma all the way...

mlarad
02-17-2007, 05:36 AM
I will be sakura ^_^ time jump

Gowa-chan
02-18-2007, 07:43 PM
I probably won't be in Naruto gear this year, but'll be there to take pictures since I bet Raevyn will be dragging me along.

maggifan
02-19-2007, 06:15 AM
how about friday at 1:00pm?

Lyris
02-20-2007, 05:42 PM
friday is perfect for me....cuz...thats the day my and my friends are all planning to do it. We should have a pretty good sized group...just my friends and i....but we can only go Friday cuz our Kakashi can't make it Saturday. So down to the point...anytime Friday is good for me....just give me the where and then when and we'll be there. BTW. I'll be Haku

maggifan
02-20-2007, 07:53 PM
ok so it will be on friday!

Lady Tsunade
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Awesome... I am going .... I am going to be Tsunade like I always am... ^_^

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
02-23-2007, 06:52 PM
why hello lol

well i got some time jump buddies thatll be coming as a naruto group... well be consisting of about 5 people... they are...

Tsunade (hokage w/ hat) - ~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
time jump Gaara - zer0_0verride
time jump naruto - ethanol
time jump sakura - rikku dattebayo

... i have a few more... i think but they are undecided still..

Chibi-kun
02-23-2007, 07:08 PM
XDD TJ Sasuke got lost for 2 hours last year lol! so this year, I'll be SURE to be there this time >3

and since I didnt see any akatsuki listed down as of yet...

Chibikun - Deidara (w00t >D)
ShinOfTeDessert - Sasori

Sexy Kat-Kashi
02-23-2007, 08:09 PM
if i can go 2 comic con ill either b anko or time jump sakura i think ill do anko tho since no one realy goes as her

Akato
03-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Im going as Haku!!! >3<.... yeih!

ycysusan2001
03-03-2007, 11:16 PM
^^ me and my brother going to ware our Ambu cos~^^

Akato
03-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Im going as Haku!!! >3<.... yeih!

Oks, it took me time, but I finally convince my boyfriend to go like Zabuza... the only thing is that we cant make it on Friday... and if we make it would be a little bit late... .___. I'm entering earlier to school...

Ryoko-and-Yami
03-14-2007, 06:05 PM
I am going as Gaara and my sister is going as Ino!

Lyris
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
So....do we have a set date time and place yet?

Lyris
03-26-2007, 09:29 PM
oh yeah..... FFDreamer121 = temari
I am bring many others...but none of them are C.C-ers

nobodies_inc
03-27-2007, 03:49 PM
awesome 20 people for the naruto gathering...!

Lady Tsunade
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
So you are all meeting on Firday still right...?

DarkReflection
03-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I could come to SDCC as Sasuke... I'm not sure though. I got over my Naruto cosplays a while back. And since most people are doing time jump (Shippuden) costumes when most of the cartoon Network Naruto eps. are being the only thing to be recognized at places like SDCC, I don't see the point. But the upside is that most popular animes like this have a vast majority of Narutards who can't cosplay well to save lives, take tremendous amounts of pics of you if you do the costumes they CAN recognize. I can confirm this b/c I did TJ Neji and people around me were like => 0_0;; and me get no pics. So you can put me down as a maybe for Sasuke, non time-jump at the moment. Lastly, I'm not saying you can't do Time Jump, go do it more power to you, its just be prepared to be asked this alot, "Who are you? Some Random Naruto Ninja or something?" And your answer will be, "I'm a Time-Jump (older) version of so-and-so". Watch their faces, its quite funny.

Ryoko-and-Yami
03-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I can't say that's completely true! Many people watch Naruto/read it online. All my friends do! I went as Takuto from Full Moon wo Sagashite for Comic Con last year. Only like a few manga volumes were out, like 3...And I was anime version. Many recognized me. Of course man thought I was a cat person too.

My sis and I as gaara and ino are there younger version.

maggifan
04-02-2007, 07:47 PM
So you are all meeting on Firday still right...?

yes...i'll check later on when it gets closer to the date at what hall we can do the gathering....:bigtu:

Ryoko-and-Yami
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Any picture ideas!?
They didn't like my Macarena ide over at the AX topic, but I still want to do it....

maggifan
04-10-2007, 11:38 PM
So....do we have a set date time and place yet?

it will be on friday......how about at 1:00pm?

Ryoko-and-Yami
04-12-2007, 08:35 PM
1:00 might be kinda early....hmm there could be autographs going on. I think later would be better, but I wish we had a better idea of the scheduling.

Lyris
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
I think I'm good with anytime so far......and my friends as well; however I come bearing some bad news. My friend decided to skip on the Temari....but alas, what can be done? I'm sure we can all deal without Temari, I still should have many other friends coming though....unless they decide to skip out as well. Hopefully not. I'll keep checking back for a date and time so.....keep it up.

maggifan
04-13-2007, 08:23 PM
ok i have a time and date....

friday 3:00pm
Sails Pavillion (In front of ballroom 20)
second floor

Ryoko-and-Yami
04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
My friend skipped on Temari too.

That time seems a little better. ; D

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
04-13-2007, 10:08 PM
confirmed my friend crash_override is going to be shizune... in matter of fact she is done with it lol

Lyris
04-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Alright then....that time is good for me...see ya'll there

crash_override
04-21-2007, 10:14 PM
confirmed my friend crash_override is going to be shizune... in matter of fact she is done with it lol

oh yes, that's me. i just need some high heels and a fishnet shirt ._.

alrighty, the date's down! i'll definitely be there ;]

Ryoko-and-Yami
04-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Hey, I just noticed. We don't have any pre time skip main characters. lol No Naruto or Sakura or Sasuke.

crash_override
04-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey, I just noticed. We don't have any pre time skip main characters. lol No Naruto or Sakura or Sasuke.

yes, actually. i'm quite surprised!

then again, we do have a couple of months until comic con plus the cosplayers that don't bother posting or who are doing naruto cosplay on another day so that should make for a ridiculously large naruto group :]

Lilydraken
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
I'll likely be TJ Sakura unless I end up doing something else that day. But most likely... Yeah... ^__^

Ryoko-and-Yami
05-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Yami: I may do TJ Sakura now for this gathering. It's either her or TJ Gaara. I am not quite sure yet.

Ryoko: I am doing as TJ Ino!

crash_override
05-17-2007, 11:27 PM
I'll likely be TJ Sakura unless I end up doing something else that day. But most likely... Yeah... ^__^

*looking at your avatar* i think you make a cute sakura :D

wow, so many sakuras and tsunades! lol. i'll have plenty of ppl to pose with o_o

Ashenine
05-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Yay! At last!
a friend of my group is going as Kiba, I'm posting this in her place. : 3

Eshiza
06-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Imma going as Deidara....I may wander around as an ANBU or Itachi with my little sis who will be Sasuke for a day or 2. I'm also bringing a Temari along, and maybe even 2 of them if all goes well....Gaaras, look for me......I'll have cookies for you.....

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Now I am ify on who I shall be! >.< Gaara, gaara time skip, or Sakura time skip! Ah! Probably do gaara because I want to show off my gourd!

Ashenine
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I might go as Sasuke (blue version) and my boyfriend will go as Itachi

Kemicle
06-17-2007, 01:37 AM
I'll be going as Temari. (Second Outfit) and following me to the con is an Ino, and Tayuya. Also my sudo-brother will be attending as Kakuzo.

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-17-2007, 02:22 PM
I'll be going as Temari. (Second Outfit) and following me to the con is an Ino, and Tayuya. Also my sudo-brother will be attending as Kakuzo.

I think you need to find a Shikamaru and have a 3 way tug of war!

Rikku Dattebayo
06-22-2007, 10:28 AM
you've got me down for time skip Sakura right? awright cool. THAAANKS! see you there! /)^_^

crash_override
06-22-2007, 05:30 PM
oh oh i've got another time jump sasuke. he doesn't have a cosplay.com account (yet) ... just put him down as ushi-kun. ;]

i've also got a rock lee coming. his name is angelo.

there might also be a genin gaara (black suit). his name is fred. \(^_^)/

that's it for now. ;]

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM
oh oh i've got another time jump sasuke. he doesn't have a cosplay.com account (yet) ... just put him down as ushi-kun. ;]

i've also got a rock lee coming. his name is angelo.

there might also be a genin gaara (black suit). his name is fred. \(^_^)/

that's it for now. ;]

Ohh! A lee! Gaara wants to fight him!

I think I am going as Gaara genin version.

crash_override
06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Ohh! A lee! Gaara wants to fight him!

I think I am going as Gaara genin version.

hahaha! i'll have to put him through a training regimen then ><

i think i'll be hugging all the gaaras at the con this year. all he needs is a friend ;_;

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-23-2007, 10:28 AM
hahaha! i'll have to put him through a training regimen then ><

i think i'll be hugging all the gaaras at the con this year. all he needs is a friend ;_;

Should I be scared as Gaara then?

ketalia
06-23-2007, 11:11 AM
Is it ok if a little 8 year old comes as Chibi Gaara? http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1097024

He enjoys photo shoots and loves(a little too much) being hugged (by girls).

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Is it ok if a little 8 year old comes as Chibi Gaara? http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=1097024

I think it will be all right.

Now if we look at Make out paradise...you might to steer him away. lol

ketalia
06-23-2007, 09:38 PM
I think it will be all right.

Now if we look at Make out paradise...you might to steer him away. lol

Actually he knows sort of what it is about(Make out paradise). I asked him and he gave me what he thought it was(which was really close). No matter how you try to shelter a kid, their friends talk(even in 2nd grade).

Though it could be cute to get a pic of someone trying to keep the book from him.

crash_override
06-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Should I be scared as Gaara then?

lol if you don't like hugs then i guess so ;_;
especially from a shizune, hahaha

crash_override
06-23-2007, 11:49 PM

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!

i'll be hugging him, too! hahahaha.

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-24-2007, 03:19 PM
lol if you don't like hugs then i guess so ;_;
especially from a shizune, hahaha

lol I don't mine hugs as long as I don't get tackled. Must take care of my gourd.

ketalia;

I could do a picture with him. lol Gaara's lonely past. : (

ketalia
06-24-2007, 03:34 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWWW!

i'll be hugging him, too! hahahaha.

He'll be glad, a week after our convention here he was saying we needed to go to another convention with him in his Gaara so he could get more hugs(I dread when he is 13).

I could do a picture with him. lol Gaara's lonely past. : (

That would be great! At the local convention here he was hanging around his new Gaara big sisters(he loves Gaara way to much). What's really sad is I don't think he even he(or the girls) would have noticed if I ran away(not like I would). He loves to take pics and pose (as long as it isn't with a little girl his size I found out).

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
That would be great! At the local convention here he was hanging around his new Gaara big sisters(he loves Gaara way to much). What's really sad is I don't think he even he(or the girls) would have noticed if I ran away(not like I would). He loves to take pics and pose (as long as it isn't with a little girl his size I found out).

He likes older women? Do you think he could tell I am a girl? lol I have fooled some people.

spunkyK101
06-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I'm going to SDCC as time-skip Hinata, and my sister is going as Karin. Could you put us down? Thanks!

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-24-2007, 10:15 PM
ohh a hinata and karin! cool!

crash_override
06-24-2007, 11:06 PM
lol I don't mine hugs as long as I don't get tackled. Must take care of my gourd.

haha i don't tackle. no worries :]

He'll be glad, a week after our convention here he was saying we needed to go to another convention with him in his Gaara so he could get more hugs(I dread when he is 13).

cool cool! i think little gaara needs a hug more than anyone else ;_;

btw, was it your son that was snapping pictures like crazy last comic con at the thursday naruto gathering? my lil sis was the time skip gaara haha.

Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I'm going to SDCC as time-skip Hinata, and my sister is going as Karin. Could you put us down? Thanks!

that sounds awesome! the more the merrier :]

ketalia
06-25-2007, 09:02 AM
He likes older women? Do you think he could tell I am a girl? lol I have fooled some people.

Showed him your pic and he knew you were a girl (then again he only has seen 1 male Gaara cosplayer). I think he is more confortable with older girls because he has a 15 year old sister and most of her friends are nice to him, plus the girls at school chase and annoy him.

cool cool! i think little gaara needs a hug more than anyone else ;_;

btw, was it your son that was snapping pictures like crazy last comic con at the thursday naruto gathering? my lil sis was the time skip gaara haha.

Yes he was the boy who stalked your sister with the camera at the gathering(kind of lucky she mention chibi Gaara because I did not want to try to make a gourd). He is way too obessed with Gaara. I'm hoping that he will find another character he loves as much because he has started bothering me about another cosplay(can't wait till he is 9 and can take the sewing class at the community college). He won't be doing a new cosplay at SDCC so I have till Jan till our next local con(since the rest of the family cosplays he believes he needs a cosplay also at any con we go to). He agrees to do any cosplay we mention to him, but I want him to choose on his own (though he may do Toshiro from Bleach because the rest of the family have/or will cosplay from that series, plus he is the right height:toothy: .)

Eshiza
06-25-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm going to have a giant Naruto poster with most of the characters on it that I want everyone to sign at the gathering if that's okay......

Ryoko-and-Yami
06-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Showed him your pic and he knew you were a girl (then again he only has seen 1 male Gaara cosplayer). I think he is more confortable with older girls because he has a 15 year old sister and most of her friends are nice to him, plus the girls at school chase and annoy him.

lol Darn! I can't fool little boys. But I fooled some girls. lol

I'm going to have a giant Naruto poster with most of the characters on it that I want everyone to sign at the gathering if that's okay.....

That would be fun. Do we sign our real name or character name?

crash_override
06-25-2007, 11:43 PM
I'm going to have a giant Naruto poster with most of the characters on it that I want everyone to sign at the gathering if that's okay......

that awesome. i'll do it! i've gotta remember to bring a pen though ;_;

ycysusan2001
06-25-2007, 11:46 PM
^^;;; sorry that I have to drop Naruto cos. Because I didint got a chance to go to AX this year, I want to ware some of the new cos that I make for this year. so... sorry...

crash_override
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
aw, it's ok. :]

crash_override
06-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Yes he was the boy who stalked your sister with the camera at the gathering(kind of lucky she mention chibi Gaara because I did not want to try to make a gourd). He is way too obessed with Gaara. I'm hoping that he will find another character he loves as much because he has started bothering me about another cosplay(can't wait till he is 9 and can take the sewing class at the community college). He won't be doing a new cosplay at SDCC so I have till Jan till our next local con(since the rest of the family cosplays he believes he needs a cosplay also at any con we go to). He agrees to do any cosplay we mention to him, but I want him to choose on his own (though he may do Toshiro from Bleach because the rest of the family have/or will cosplay from that series, plus he is the right height:toothy: .)

haha how awesome ... a cosplaying family *_*!

i wish i learned how to sew when i was 9 haha. i'm still workin' out the kinks x_x. i'm sure he'll be a great cosplayer in the near future ;]

YuffieK
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
I'll be there either as Time Jump Tenten or Orochimaru... not sure which one I'll wear yet :3

crash_override
07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
oh yes, i believe i've got a friend going as SNJ Kiba (pre-timeskip). i have yet to confirm her going to the gathering ;]

Bella_Luminous
07-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Hey Everyone!!! OK i went to AX and now have cosplay fever (especially since it was my first time cosplaying). I wanna ask you guys a question and thats if Comicon has a fair amount of anime, because i heard that its mainly comic books with super heroes, so i dont know if its worth going if im mostly an anime fanatic
XDDD IF i do go, I'll be Genin Sakura ^_^

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Hey Everyone!!! OK i went to AX and now have cosplay fever (especially since it was my first time cosplaying). I wanna ask you guys a question and thats if Comicon has a fair amount of anime, because i heard that its mainly comic books with super heroes, so i dont know if its worth going if im mostly an anime fanatic

well yes it is mostly comics but then there are the good sides of it...

like th anime shops and such... load of manga and other things.

mostly is comic books and superheroes..

although there are the awesome cosplayers as anime and video game characters

overall its your choice. hahah you meet alot of cool people and cosplayers.

hinaxchan
07-03-2007, 07:43 PM
i'll be going as an SnJ kiba :]

Ryoko-and-Yami
07-03-2007, 09:15 PM
well yes it is mostly comics but then there are the good sides of it...

like th anime shops and such... load of manga and other things.

mostly is comic books and superheroes..

although there are the awesome cosplayers as anime and video game characters

overall its your choice. hahah you meet alot of cool people and cosplayers.

usually they have manga artist come sponsored by viz or tokyopop. I know viz announced their shojo artist for this year, and I'm expecting someone pretty big for shonen. Last year the creator of kenshin came. ^^

linkluver6
07-04-2007, 06:18 AM
alright considering I missed the ax gathering

count me in for kyuubi fire aura naruto
with a working rasengan!

take me off as tsunade

LeanaMee101
07-04-2007, 10:37 AM
<.< I'm going as Temari, but on Saturday..T_T I wanted to do all the days, but I couldnt. Maybe next year I can get to the gathering. o.O But next year I'm definatly going as Deidara.

crash_override
07-05-2007, 12:35 AM
aw, that's ok! next yeaarrr :]

KYUUBI FIRE AURA NARUTO??? WITH A WORKING RASENGAN??? xD AWESOME!

Suna
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Me = Sai. :]

crash_override
07-05-2007, 11:06 PM
:O a sai! wow, all of team 7's gonna be there! hahahaha.

Bella_Luminous
07-06-2007, 06:24 PM
~LaDy_LoCkHeArT: Thanx for telling me a little about the con. I've just been so obsessed with anime lately that I totally forgot a part of me loves Marvel Comics XDD

I'll be going as Genin Sakura, so I'm so excited to meet you all at the gathering!

Ryoko-and-Yami: Hey guys! I don't know if you remember me from the AX Naruto Gathering Thread cuz I only posted a little, but since the Macarena and CanCan ideas were rejected at AX do you still wanna do them at Comic-Con? I know I do! >.<

Riddler-kakashi
07-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm going to be kakashi =] *is still putting it together*
I'll probly go if i aint flooded by crowds k?
*is going bright and early* =]

maggifan
07-07-2007, 03:26 PM

yeah,it has a fair amount of anime....and comic-con is not mostly comics...
it has a little of everything...
movies, video game, anime, comics, art, and actors from tvshows.
its a really nice con...

ethanol
07-07-2007, 11:59 PM
:O! a sai! that's awesome X]

crash_override
07-08-2007, 01:08 AM
oh yeah, i forgot to mention the kakashi and SNJ kakashi that i believe will be there haha. i need to confirm that with them o.o

crash_override
07-10-2007, 01:31 AM
kakashi and snj kakashi confirmed. they will be there :].

linkluver6
07-10-2007, 02:59 AM
aw, that's ok! next yeaarrr :]

KYUUBI FIRE AURA NARUTO??? WITH A WORKING RASENGAN??? xD AWESOME!

the fire looks good
but the costume underneath sucks considering it was last minute problems and I dont think I will have time to repair it
but yah the rasengan looks great
my friend made it and he is a genius!:bigtu:

crash_override
07-10-2007, 10:59 PM
the fire looks good
but the costume underneath sucks considering it was last minute problems and I dont think I will have time to repair it
but yah the rasengan looks great
my friend made it and he is a genius!:bigtu:

ahhh i see. i guess rasengan will make up for all that, hahahaha.

Riddler-kakashi
07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm going to be kakashi =] *is still putting it together*
I'll probly go if i aint flooded by crowds k?
*is going bright and early* =]

^=== editting being a jerk...

anyways. snj kakashi (next day i wont be,i'll be a rockstar fairy...(seen weirder stuff before) ) ='/
and yes im going

Biteme4110
07-11-2007, 01:21 AM
im going to comic con this year as temari (second outfit) and i would love to come do a gruoup cosplay with you guys if you dont mind a second (second outfit) temari.....

Bella_Luminous
07-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Cool a Temari! And the more the merrier :D

We should all walk in a big group and raid the Exhibit Hall and make everyone go o.O!!! It would be fun.

maggifan
07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
wow the list have grown so much since the last time i edit it...

Biteme4110
07-11-2007, 04:10 PM

We should all walk in a big group and raid the Exhibit Hall and make everyone go o.O!!! It would be fun.

yeah we should that would be awesome!!!!!!

Ryoko-and-Yami
07-11-2007, 09:09 PM
LuvKH: yes, I'd love to do the cancan and macarena! Let's do it!

Riddler-kakashi
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
eh, snj for me (kakash snj) =/ (couldnt get the vest to purfection <---perfectionist)

Eshiza
07-12-2007, 06:38 PM

I think it would be fun to do something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_FRbywBV3o&mode=related&search=) as well.

Riddler-kakashi
07-12-2007, 07:45 PM

I agree too!!
XD I'll be the wacky one tho if i don't finish the dang come come paradise book T_T heh..

miss_kye
07-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Hello everyone!!!!
well we would like to join this naruto gathering. We live in the so. cal area and plan to go all four days. Well there are two of us. me going as Kabuto and my friend as Orochimaru. We are avalible on Friday and Sat.

maggifan
07-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello everyone!!!!
well we would like to join this naruto gathering. We live in the so. cal area and plan to go all four days. Well there are two of us. me going as Kabuto and my friend as Orochimaru. We are avalible on Friday and Sat.

done! :bigtu:

Biteme4110
07-13-2007, 12:04 AM
I think it would be fun to do something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_FRbywBV3o&mode=related&search=) as well.

lmao that would be fun!!! we should do it!!!

crash_override
07-13-2007, 01:09 AM
this is gonna be awesome! rampaging through the exhibit hall founds like a great idea.

Bella_Luminous
07-13-2007, 01:40 AM
YAY I'm so glad that everyone also wants to go crazy and mob the Exhibit Hall!!! It'll definitely be fun and come on we're ninja we can do anything :rockon:

Eshiza: We so have to do that! Its too funny XDD

crash_override
07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
haha we can hide behind stuff and pop out like ninjas. how obvious would that be /)_-;; lol.

Riddler-kakashi
07-14-2007, 12:16 PM
=/ but we're awesome ninjas!

crash_override
07-14-2007, 10:09 PM
lol why, yes. yes we are.

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
oh dear... hahah LETS GO MARCH DOWN THE EXHIBIT HALL AND SCARE LITTLE CHILDREN! hahah im kidding. =]

although it sounds like much fun. =]

Bella_Luminous
07-15-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL marching would be fun! Naruto would have to lead us though!! And we should all run like shinobi XDD

Ryoko-and-Yami
07-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I think you guys are going to get in trouble! >_< They are very strict there...

crash_override
07-15-2007, 10:32 PM
truuueee. i remember the ppl yelling at us while we were waiting for the ff gathering because we were crowding the hallway.

maybe if we just walked around as a big group? that's that the thursday naruto gathering ended up doing last year.

Riddler-kakashi
07-15-2007, 11:27 PM
wow, hmm

spunkyK101
07-16-2007, 12:21 PM
do they allow people to go outside and come back into the building at the con? Cuz if they do we could do silly stuff out there and not bother anybody.

Riddler-kakashi
07-16-2007, 03:22 PM
idk, i think so, We have badges so they should, but you know me as kakashi will be disappearing and reappearing ok? saturday is busy day XD (probly the reason why i been nicknamed kakashi and being my character is because of the books, and weird habits >>)

=/ idk, some people who do stuff inside the con, normally if its bad then its everyone gets kicked @_@ but if its not bad then bleh =/

Ashenine
07-16-2007, 04:26 PM
They let people come and go inside the convention as long as you have a valid badge to enter. So we could organize something after the gathering such as a duck duck goose game or anything similar as long as we don't bother other cosplayers and congoers inside. : 3

We could even go to the Filming section where they show cartoons, it's often empty there > w <

~LaDy_LoCkHeArT
07-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Lets Bust Up The Anime Viewing And Have Some Tea And Crumpets! Mwahaha

Ryoko-and-Yami
07-16-2007, 06:48 PM
I know they won't allow a lot of people in when it gets crowded. You have to wait for others to leave. So...

Bella_Luminous
07-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Probably the best and easiest thing we could do and still have fun would be to gather in an open place where there's the least amount of congoers like some of you suggested so we could do our thing, but since this will be my first year going I don't know a good place to hang *sweat drop*

But I totally agree with crash_override in walking around in a big group in the Exhibit Hall!

Eshiza
07-17-2007, 05:25 PM
erm I've been sorta been talking to my little sister and I dunno how funny it would be, but she came up with the idea for the cosplayers to jump rope...

crash_override
07-17-2007, 10:21 PM
lol!

but would they let us?

Biteme4110
07-18-2007, 01:18 PM
hahaha some of these suggestions sound like soooo much fun!!!!!! we should go to a booth that has naruto stuff and hang out there!!!!

linkluver6
07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I wanna karaoke fighting dreamers! with some sasukes since I will be naruto

I suppose this group is too big to fit into the karaoke hall lol

well this is my only gathering! so I definitely wanna take advantage of
sillyness!

Eshiza
07-18-2007, 05:59 PM
crash_override: we should be able too if we don't get in the way....

linkluver6: I have speakers for my Ipod and all the naruto songs if you wan't to jam out

Bella_Luminous
07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
linkluver6: Hey this Sakura wants to join her team and sing too! XDD

Eshiza: Yeah bring ur speakers for ur Ipod please, karaoke is soooooo (etc) much fun!!

What if we also play Twister or Limbo? It could be fun ^.^

crash_override
07-19-2007, 01:02 AM
ahahaha. true.

naruto partaaayyyyyyyy xP

linkluver6
07-19-2007, 02:30 PM
linkluver6: Hey this Sakura wants to join her team and sing too! XDD

Eshiza: Yeah bring ur speakers for ur Ipod please, karaoke is soooooo (etc) much fun!!

What if we also play Twister or Limbo? It could be fun ^.^

okay I am bringin my video camera so if my friend comes to the gathering with me I will make her video tape
we can make our music video lol heh good times!:bigtu:

and sure sakurachan you can join the team
but only if you promise to sing closer to me than sasuke mwhahhah!:bigtu:

Bella_Luminous
07-20-2007, 04:03 PM
linkluver6: lol a musc video, I'm up for that, we should rap too
*cracks knuckles* Naruto!! Fine as long as I'm in the middle when we sing XDD

Eshiza
07-20-2007, 07:03 PM
*imagines blasting 'heroes come back' while time skip naruto walks in front of group*
erm.....I also have the naruto ondo, oh enka, and Gyu-ru-ru for the naruto, sakura, and shikamaru cosplayers to karaoke to if they want

Riddler-kakashi
07-20-2007, 07:41 PM
I join in! (mag! I'm SNJ kakashi T_T) I love singing that song XD its sooo fun!

linkluver6
07-21-2007, 10:05 PM
linkluver6: lol a musc video, I'm up for that, we should rap too
*cracks knuckles* Naruto!! Fine as long as I'm in the middle when we sing XDD

but but sakurachan its called NARUTO for a reason!:bigtu:

heh yah we can rap it up totally
you know
neji has mad moves :bigtu: :bigtu: :bigtu:

dramaelfie
07-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey, I'm SpunkyK101's sister, and I'm going as Karin. ^^

Ryoko-and-Yami
07-22-2007, 09:39 PM
Do temari's want to do some sibling love photos with gaara?

hinaxchan
07-23-2007, 01:32 AM
ooh :D my boyfriend Danie will be going as ANBU Iruka

crash_override
07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
lol danie as iruka ... that would be interesting!
(this is jessa btw).

this gathering sounds like fun. :]

Kemicle
07-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I think you need to find a Shikamaru and have a 3 way tug of war!

Lol!

Ohgodyes. That would be hilarious. xD

DarkReflection
07-25-2007, 02:50 PM
I do recall saying I may go to CCI as Sasuke. I'll probably redo my Sasuke Chuunin exam version again... god this'll be the 3rd time already for the same convention. Its not in the best shape or highly accurate, because I haven't touched it in over a year, I had summer school and even getting one AX costume was difficult. Looking forward to meeting people, and heres to hoping that I'll get tickets and not get lost when time comes to meet up.

Alpha and Omega
07-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Sounds like the Naruto crew is going to burn something down with all the weird stuff going, ha. I can see if I can get all of the gathering shots on film, considering I work for PBS, so i'm doing alot of pickup shots, mostly on thursday. But considering I'll be in Yondaime costume friday and saturday, I don't know if it can be possible to strut around in character and film the gathering at the same time. None the less, it should be fun...if of course, the group keeps together.

Jokergoblin
07-25-2007, 05:33 PM
If you guys don't have one, I'm finishing up a Chouji costume.

hinaxchan
07-26-2007, 02:00 AM
lol danie as iruka ... that would be interesting!
(this is jessa btw).

this gathering sounds like fun. :]

haha yeahh, it's totttaaaally a last minute outfit. i had more time to work on it, but i couldn't get his measurements because everyone wanted to take him out to eat T_T

linkluver6
07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
Sounds like the Naruto crew is going to burn something down with all the weird stuff going, ha. I can see if I can get all of the gathering shots on film, considering I work for PBS, so i'm doing alot of pickup shots, mostly on thursday. But considering I'll be in Yondaime costume friday and saturday, I don't know if it can be possible to strut around in character and film the gathering at the same time. None the less, it should be fun...if of course, the group keeps together.

the ninjas are definitely going to cause havoc
can't wait
i get in to the con tonight

the orochi
07-26-2007, 11:23 PM
Goin as Izumo

YuffieK
07-26-2007, 11:54 PM
Yayy, me and my friend were Time Jump Tenten and Time Jump Sakura today and tomorrow we'll be Orochimaru and Tsunade =DD

crash_override
07-27-2007, 01:16 AM
wooo it's tomorrow! ~

see y'all there ;]

Riddler-kakashi
07-28-2007, 11:36 AM
It Was Awesome

Ashenine
07-29-2007, 03:10 AM
The gathering was plain awesome and so fun! Thanks alot guys : D

I heard there were plans for a second gathering tomorrow though?

DarkReflection
07-29-2007, 03:15 AM
I did have some fun during the gathering I'll admit, but I'm going to have to post the complaints I and some other cosplayers and adults had with what occurred.

1) It was mostly the same people who had their pictures taken, no consideration for others when another photo op. was suggested.

2) Some cosplay girls forcefully demanded what pictures going to be taken. Since when did this turn into dictatorship? Again no consideration for others.

3) Yaoi shots. I know its borderline funny, but LIMIT it damn you. When I said you were traumatizing little kids (besides that chibi-Garra), I did not joke. There were actual little toddlers pointing and asking parents why Sasuke and Naruto or Itachi were kissing so passionately, even though it was fake. And parents just dragged them off without answering, sounds funny huh? Its not, its things like that which give Naruto cosplayers a bad name. You can have your Yaoi shots you sexual deprived fangirls, but be considerate for people who don't like it and the place in which you try to 're-enact' such scenes taken from your dillusional and will never come true fanfiction. This ain't A/X were you may have been in your element to do that with little complaints, but CCI has anime and everything else entertainment wise, seeing anime cosplayers doing such fanatical acts, makes me wonder why people on the internet make fun of us anime cosplayers all the time.

3a) There's only so many times you can do the Sennen Goroshi (1000 years of pain) before the gag dies. Come on, we could have had better pictures if not for people beating on a dead horse of a gag for so long and in so many pictures too.

4) An older man who tried to get some organization in the group told me, that he was horrendously disgusted by what you fricken yaoi fangirls tried to pull. And if just an 'old man' doesn't have much pull on you maybe knowing that he's a producer helping out with PBS. He said things like that would either be banned and most likely flamed without regret if any actual media broadcasting got a hold of that.

5) People please, we all like the series Naruto, heck we cosplayed it, must mean something. Squeeling your lungs out and acting all 'Narutarded' kinda downplays to what extent we like it. I'm not saying we can't have fun, we all did in many ways, but holy damn you guys went out of control. Swinging around Zabuza's sword, with no care whos around you, its crap like that which gets you kicked out idiots.

Damn I feel better. Overall, you guys were just releasing all that pent-up sexual frustration weren't you? Control yourselves better, get the bubbles of Yaoi fantasies surgical removed from your heads, you were in company of adults and little children, think a little before doing something. Think of how other people may feel, being neglected from having a few photos or not having their photo op be taken into consideration.

By the way, if you think I didn't have fun by the time you read this, you're wrong. I had tremendous fun cosplaying as Sasuke, but only after your cameras were full of Yaoi and you were finally doing decent photo shoots. And no, I'm not raining on your parade, some of you went out of control and needed to be told that. We have con manners to respect, if you don't gatherings like this won't be acknowledged nor respected, but completely disregarded by those who don't wish to associate with such aspects. Learn from mistakes and we'll all get along more peacefully and hopefully no more rants like this from me.

Ashenine
07-29-2007, 03:49 AM
In regards to the last post, I should say I do apologize for that. There were not many pictures taken or considered for other cosplayers, it may have gone better and smoothly if it was done in some order.

As for the yaoi shots? The itachi and sasuke cosplayer are a couple and we were just acting like such (this is no excuse for what he did by the time he picked me up and did suggestive movement [idiot]), it was by the time girls were screaming that it turned quite awkard and it was our first cosplay to boot (don't encourage for so long such shots if you know it can get worse [for such scenes like those]).

Personally, it was fun, it was different for me and it may have gone better if there was some sort of pre-mentions and limits HERE later to reinforce them at the actual gathering.

For the many "gags" not many cosplayer have done the same time over and over, there are people who had the fun in participating at least in one even if for others is too "boring", as you take consideration to different cosplayers also take in their opinion.

The "dictatorship" is difficult to really think about. It became a form so other may know what the hell to do instead of just standing there waiting. Even if there were. There should be some sort of an order if a photographer is trying to speak out when someone else's voice got louder.

The only mild complain/regret? We could have done so much more done, but didn't due to either lack of control and/or ignorance.

I just hope we can do another naruto gathering without any of the issues mentioned. Even more if it's in a place so populated like the registration area.

crash_override
07-30-2007, 12:56 AM
I did have some fun during the gathering I'll admit, but I'm going to have to post the complaints I and some other cosplayers and adults had with what occurred.

1) It was mostly the same people who had their pictures taken, no consideration for others when another photo op. was suggested.

2) Some cosplay girls forcefully demanded what pictures going to be taken. Since when did this turn into dictatorship? Again no consideration for others.

3) Yaoi shots. I know its borderline funny, but LIMIT it damn you. When I said you were traumatizing little kids (besides that chibi-Garra), I did not joke. There were actual little toddlers pointing and asking parents why Sasuke and Naruto or Itachi were kissing so passionately, even though it was fake. And parents just dragged them off without answering, sounds funny huh? Its not, its things like that which give Naruto cosplayers a bad name. You can have your Yaoi shots you sexual deprived fangirls, but be considerate for people who don't like it and the place in which you try to 're-enact' such scenes taken from your dillusional and will never come true fanfiction. This ain't A/X were you may have been in your element to do that with little complaints, but CCI has anime and everything else entertainment wise, seeing anime cosplayers doing such fanatical acts, makes me wonder why people on the internet make fun of us anime cosplayers all the time.

3a) There's only so many times you can do the Sennen Goroshi (1000 years of pain) before the gag dies. Come on, we could have had better pictures if not for people beating on a dead horse of a gag for so long and in so many pictures too.

4) An older man who tried to get some organization in the group told me, that he was horrendously disgusted by what you fricken yaoi fangirls tried to pull. And if just an 'old man' doesn't have much pull on you maybe knowing that he's a producer helping out with PBS. He said things like that would either be banned and most likely flamed without regret if any actual media broadcasting got a hold of that.

5) People please, we all like the series Naruto, heck we cosplayed it, must mean something. Squeeling your lungs out and acting all 'Narutarded' kinda downplays to what extent we like it. I'm not saying we can't have fun, we all did in many ways, but holy damn you guys went out of control. Swinging around Zabuza's sword, with no care whos around you, its crap like that which gets you kicked out idiots.

Damn I feel better. Overall, you guys were just releasing all that pent-up sexual frustration weren't you? Control yourselves better, get the bubbles of Yaoi fantasies surgical removed from your heads, you were in company of adults and little children, think a little before doing something. Think of how other people may feel, being neglected from having a few photos or not having their photo op be taken into consideration.

By the way, if you think I didn't have fun by the time you read this, you're wrong. I had tremendous fun cosplaying as Sasuke, but only after your cameras were full of Yaoi and you were finally doing decent photo shoots. And no, I'm not raining on your parade, some of you went out of control and needed to be told that. We have con manners to respect, if you don't gatherings like this won't be acknowledged nor respected, but completely disregarded by those who don't wish to associate with such aspects. Learn from mistakes and we'll all get along more peacefully and hopefully no more rants like this from me.

well said.
it got way too raucous there. even though this doesn't apply to some of us who also felt the same, a bad representation of cosplayers was made at the gathering.

about the "dictatorship," or rather forceful demanding of pictures by rabid fanppl, i did find it quite annoying but like ashenine said, it was better than standing around and not doing anything. HOWEVER, photo ops should mainly be up to cosplayers ... we should take suggestions but to an extent. it would also help to consider the people around us as well and our mannerisms during that point in time. it's okay to have fun (i like fun), but let it be some good clean fun.

also, i was talking to some cosplayers a bit afterwards and they all agreed with the fact that a lot of other characters were "ignored," too. i feel a bit selfish myself when i say this but yes, the same people got their pictures taken over and over again. others didn't hesitate to jump into a photo, while others did because of not wanting to ruin the integrity of the photo. i'm not saying it's bad or anything and i know that ppl tend to be biased about the show (shippuuden, "minor" characters, etc.), but do give others a chance to have their photos taken as well.

in my personal opinion, the gathering wasn't too bad but it got hella whack after a while.
that is all.

zer0_0verride
07-30-2007, 01:19 AM

hoowah, man. you dont know how long ive been wanting to say something like this, and you stated all of the flaws and quirks of the naruto gathering quite well. (this is the female kazekage gaara, by the way).

yes. i completely agree that a numerous amount of things went out of hand with the gathering, ranging from indecent displays of affection, to the horribly vociferous level of many of the cosplayers there. hell, we were in the damn SAILS PAVILION! imagine all the ppl coming in for there first taste of comic-con, only to come witness to a group of fanatic cosplayers who are ... cough ... doing strange things (cant find a way to put this any better) and this raucous sight to be there first impression of the cosplayers, as well as the con itself.

and yes. i wholeheartedly agree that there were many cosplayers who were cut out of the picture, or who were more rather not invited into the picture. i did feel rather sorry for those characters who were not known well yet, and had no photo ops include them in some way or another.

yes. the yaoi-fangirls. i got rather annoyed with that. im a big fan of yaoi myself, but i would never go as low as to act out a rather crude scene in public. if youre gonna do that stuff, do it on your own time, you know. like when you and your friends are doing a photoshoot together or something (and not in a pretty damn crowded area with ppl who may or may not understand or accept yaoi). its not wrong to express what you believe, but its not that decent either. and from the view point of ashenine, as a fellow yaoi fangirl, we both probably share the same opinion on that subject, and its great that you recognized when enough was enough as well.

however, things like this can be avoided, and hopefully, with a couple of voices who demand for order, the next naruto gathering will be great (with the avoidance of latter "whack", as my sister, crash, said). we could have fun, but theres a thin line before fun becomes inconsiderate to those around them.

Riddler-kakashi
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM
All i have to say is.....AT LEAST PEOPLE HAD FUN!
And (as me snj kakashi who loved doing the 100 years of pain) i really dont care if the trick died to you, it didnt for me. Plus the pic with the 100 years of pain chain was awesome!
Pictures....WELL! People are aloud don't frit about it!..

People had fun, thats what counts! =/ plus if you didn't have fun you could of just left! (went with friends to watch anime)

AnimeGamer
07-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Just to throw my two cents in here...

From when I was there, I didn't see any of the "fangirl" acts going on while I was there. I didn't get to stay that long, but most people at the gathering were cooperative with me. Not to say all were, as when you have around fifty Naruto cosplayers running amok, it's hard to herd them together for particular shoots.

Mostly though, I think there needed to be someone who needed to organize the shots. I know EBK took over the first FF gathering on Friday for abit in organizing, and I ended up organizing the shoots for the Bleach gathering on Sunday.

Overall, it was a good shoot, but I wish I knew about the fangirl trolling so I could have went over and get them to stop it.

Oh yea, my photos from the Naruto gathering is from 168 -> 182.

Muze
07-30-2007, 02:07 PM
I only able to get some of the picture
from
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/Comic%20Con%202007/DSC00269.jpg
to
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/Comic%20Con%202007/DSC00272.jpg

linkluver6
07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
sorry if I offeded or did anything to anyone at the gathering
I didnt want to be in every shot ( and I wasnt thankfully)
but yah it was a little crazy
I think the location also had to do with lack of shots maybe since we didnt have any atmosphere to go off of and people were passing by
(and it was bleeding hot lol naruto was literally on fire!)
but as far as shots go usually if I want to take a shot with a character I just ask them and then take it instead of waiting around in case its hard to get orgainized (like the sakura shot was crazy when everyone jumped in I wasnt expecting that but everyone as really nice and it was funny!)

overall I had fun besides getting really heat sick
you guys rocked

and oh luvkh
I am glad I got to meet you earlier that day it was awesome

and oh yah my chakra is all gone lol
it was all OVER the convention center yesterday when I was walking around so I think I am retired naruto now heh

Alpha and Omega
07-30-2007, 05:21 PM
Yes, thank you DarkReflection, for that insight.(I can't believe you were standing next to me while we were taking during the gathering. And yes, that "old guy" for PBS was my father, and yes he and I were reviewing the naruto gathering we wrote up for PBS. Don't worry, we didn't say anything negative about the gathering to our people, just that it was raunchy fun.) Anywho, the naruto gathering was FUN...yes...but it could have been better, with some organization. I just felt it was odd that the original intention of the gathering was to get one of every character possible from the series, not just the main characters, and it turned out most of the same characters got pictures, excluding the minor ones, in which, people wanted them to show up.
But, DarkReflection has spoken my thoughts exactly, so theres no point in going in-depth. Other then that, I had fun being the Yondaime Hokage, I had fun people were represented [I]Naruto[I], I even had fun that other people were having fun. Everyone did great, espeacially those who came as the minor characters who didn't get the attention you so deserved for picking up the slack of the show. And considering that a majority of of the cosplayers are mostly from California, here hoping that Comic-Con 08 Naruto gathering will be Bigger, Better, and here's hoping: more organized. Thanks.

crash_override
07-30-2007, 11:40 PM
agreed. we need a kind of head-honcho photographer to organize the shots next time o.o

AnimeGamer
07-31-2007, 12:05 AM
agreed. we need a kind of head-honcho photographer to organize the shots next time o.o

I nominate EBK.

Zilvan
07-31-2007, 12:42 AM
So... I've heard that my girlfriend and I offended some people over (Specially me) for kissing her and... Err... Humping her while she was on her Sasuke cosplay and I in my Itachi cosplay... So, I think I owe an apology to the people who got offended (Specially for the humping part...) and here it is... Anyhow, I had fun at the gathering, hope my girl and I can go next year as the Uchiha brothers (No humping this time)

AnimeGamer
07-31-2007, 12:56 AM
You can always think of going with another pair of outfits. Maybe you can cross-dress as a girl this time. =P

All kidding aside, I didn't see it. Next time, why not just try to go with a normal coupling set of outfits if you're gonna kiss/hump each other... not that it wouldn't offend anyone. >_>

Most of all, don't stop cosplaying just because people got upset with you two just being a couple. Just think who you're cosplaying first next time. =P

Ashenine
07-31-2007, 01:15 AM
- I second for EBK to organize next gathering :D

- I wish no humping while I try to rest, thats for when lights go out hun ; D kthnxloveyah <3

- It was so weird when people asked us for fanservice since we just joked about it when we first thought about the characters xDD and sometimes when people asked us why we weren't killing each other we would hug/peck just for fun. But no humping by then, now or ever D:

Ego can be such a horrible horrible thing! Careful!

- I was thinking that for the next gathering we could later move on to different locations so we can have a variant of atmosphere, or even go to the park that's outside the con for next year.

Also, I saw more Naruto characters on saturday than any other day. Maybe we could set the gathering for masquerade and get more people to join or even stay together/socialize/hang out while waiting with those who stay...?

Alpha and Omega
07-31-2007, 02:17 AM
First off, in the now 10 years I've gone to Comic-Con, I actually missed Saturday and Sunday-had to go back to LA, my family had busniess that had to be done immediatly. Other then that and what I've heard and seen about Saturday's cosplayers, this was a massive year in CCI for cosplaying other then most comic book characters. In all the years I've seen, Anime and gaming icons over toke alot of the cosplaying this year, not saying thats bad, actually it's insane. It's such a relief to see soo many genres now, of course their were anime cosplays before at the Con, yet in small numbers. Maybe because CC is the mecha of conventions, more cosplayers are representing, and people are getting less afraid of going out there in costume and having fun and I was in awe more so this year then any other, and I was just there for the Thursday and Friday I saw people in different stuff and it was such a relief.
The smaller stuff like AX is more openly greeted and friendlier, yet CC feels like being a king when your costume now, where people in costume are more of the celebrity then the celebrities themselves. I'm already excited and ready to go again. I just hope with ever growing demand for the Con, that we get a gathering going next year, at a good time, a good leader, a little more openiness to other peoples costumes, and not let arrogance and weirdness take over.

Next Creations or Groups for 08:1st Hokage: Naruto
4th Hokage with Complete lights and smoke Rasengan and Speacial Kunai: Naruto
Captain Commando: Marvel Vs. Capcom

Biggest Project:
Nightmare with working Soul Edge: Soul Caliber 4

Riddler-kakashi
07-31-2007, 12:38 PM
Well comic con is probly going to be moved somewhere is in 2012 =/ which seems like dooms year appearantly??

=/ i wasnt offended =]

I'm probly dressing up as one of the blue gender characters =/

------------------

along WHO TOOK A PIC OF THE 100 YEARS OF PAIN CHAIN?! i want that pic (was the kakashi snj but not the anbu)
=/ I reaaaallly need pics from that day...

AnimeGamer
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
Well comic con is probly going to be moved somewhere is in 2012 =/ which seems like dooms year appearantly??

The contract for SDCC to remain in San Diego goes to 2012. It wouldn't surprise me at all if between now and 2012, there may be an announcement by the San Diego Convention Center about a possible additional expansion... if thats even possible. Though, since the city of San Diego is near broke, I wouldn't expect it either.

San Diego has a hard enough time trying to keep the Chargers in town; SDCC might be the furthest from their minds ATM.

linkluver6
07-31-2007, 04:01 PM

=/ i wasnt offended =]

I'm probly dressing up as one of the blue gender characters =/

------------------

along WHO TOOK A PIC OF THE 100 YEARS OF PAIN CHAIN?! i want that pic (was the kakashi snj but not the anbu)
=/ I reaaaallly need pics from that day...

blue gender ftw! awesome

anyways I don't know if I will be doing any ninja for a while I actually had a lot of problems with my costume at ax and just brought it for fun on friday for comic con
but I will definitely go the gathering next year to see everyone!

I am not going to be doing anime characters for cc next year probably
who knows its a year off heh

but I wasn't offended by anyone at the gathering
like I said before
I was just really hot

I got a photoshoot down with eurobeat king and he took me to a nice little pond outside the marriot to the left of the convention center
it had grass, rocks,and trees and it was just really pretty

perhaps we can hold the gathering there next year:skidude2:

Bella_Luminous
07-31-2007, 06:38 PM
Well for my second time ever cosplaying in my life, this gathering totally rocked! I'm so glad that we had a pretty big turnout with a great variety of ninjas. I didn't see anything offending, maybe that all happened at the beginning of the gathering I'm not sure since I got to the gathering a little late. I 100% agree that we need someone to take the reins and lead us and we need to get everyone involved. It would also be great to have music playing next year too! But overall I loved it and hopefully next year we could make it even better ^_^

linkluver6: Yeah I'm so glad we met and you made a great Naruto! I was walking around the Exhibit Hall and saw parts of your costume on the floor XD I was like yup Naruto was here.

Ryoko-and-Yami: You guys made an awesome Gaara and Ino (Pig lol)! It was great meeting you and taking pics.

Oh if any of you have pics of all the Narutos together and the huge tug-o-war over Sasuke I would love to see them!!! :toothy:

Cuddlewuddles
07-31-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought the gathering was awesome! It was pretty disorganized though....and it was really hot. I've been looking for pictures of it, haven't found too many though.

I was a Deidara (with hat) if anyone wants to know.

Ashenine
07-31-2007, 08:23 PM
LuvKH: Oh gawd! I have some vids and a picture with the tug-o-war (I was the sasuke).

I'm uploading some of the pictures a friend took of the gathering and the small vids. There's also the Neji/Sasuke (black) doing the hare hare dance there.

--Edit: The pictures are HERE! (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Animamundi04/SDCC07%20Naruto/)

Bella_Luminous
07-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Ashenine: LOL Sasuke-kun! I was the Sakura. Kool can you post your pics or PM me them cuz I only got a few of it?

linkluver6
07-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Well for my second time ever cosplaying in my life, this gathering totally rocked! I'm so glad that we had a pretty big turnout with a great variety of ninjas. I didn't see anything offending, maybe that all happened at the beginning of the gathering I'm not sure since I got to the gathering a little late. I 100% agree that we need someone to take the reins and lead us and we need to get everyone involved. It would also be great to have music playing next year too! But overall I loved it and hopefully next year we could make it even better ^_^

linkluver6: Yeah I'm so glad we met and you made a great Naruto! I was walking around the Exhibit Hall and saw parts of your costume on the floor XD I was like yup Naruto was here.

Ryoko-and-Yami: You guys made an awesome Gaara and Ino (Pig lol)! It was great meeting you and taking pics.

Oh if any of you have pics of all the Narutos together and the huge tug-o-war over Sasuke I would love to see them!!! :toothy:

lol every where I went there was cellophane! I literally left my mark this year

Ashenine
07-31-2007, 08:48 PM
LuvKH: xDD I never saw that one coming, I was literally swept off my feet along with thoughts about sasuke been the town's bicycle and praying that I wouldn't be tossed.

Thanks for catching me while others let go of me to those who hold me!

edit: I posted a link to the gallery on the other page D: so here it goes again Go go Comic-con! (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v68/Animamundi04/SDCC07%20Naruto/)

AnimeGamer
08-01-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm uploading some of the pictures a friend took of the gathering and the small vids. There's also the Neji/Sasuke (black) doing the hare hare dance there.

Oh god, I wish I could've took a picture of that. I brought out my PSP to show the dance to a Ino who was teaching it to another person (forgot who) and the Sasuke just came by and danced it with her. I couldn't take the picture though, since my camera was clenched in my left hand and the PSP playing the Hare Hare Yukai full version on my right hand.

It would've been great if I could have gotten everyone to do the Hare Hare Yukai; oh well. I didn't stay long enough to take that many pictures anyway.

ketalia
08-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Pics I took of the Naruto Gathering start on page 6.

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/gtree

YuffieK
08-01-2007, 08:54 PM
did anyone get any shots with me in them? I was the Orochimaru with the white make up :3

mio_haze
08-06-2007, 01:23 PM
fun~

linkluver6
08-06-2007, 07:38 PM
fun~

you were guys were like my fav couple cosplay there
besides the leias and hans

EnnuiAE
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
hmm so i was reading all of these threads and such. wow i found a lot of the cosplayers. wow yay i was the younger version of naruto if any one was wondering. im kinda new at cossplaying so when i got into the situation about the kissing sasuke scene i didnt know what to do. aha oh well whats done is done. next time defintely we should get more organized. it was fun though. just.....hectic. i think i kinda want to do shikamaru next year i was really upset not seeing him anywhere. ....hes one of my favs.

mio_haze
08-07-2007, 12:16 AM
you were guys were like my fav couple cosplay there
besides the leias and hans

lol really? thank you so much, linkluver6! That was my first cosplay (my boyfriend convinced me, he's cosplayed longer than i have) and i was terribly nervouse about it. I love him so much! Your cosplay, I admit, was really creative and you still looked great! :] Keep up the good work!

mio_haze
08-07-2007, 12:18 AM
hmm so i was reading all of these threads and such. wow i found a lot of the cosplayers. wow yay i was the younger version of naruto if any one was wondering. im kinda new at cossplaying so when i got into the situation about the kissing sasuke scene i didnt know what to do. aha oh well whats done is done. next time defintely we should get more organized. it was fun though. just.....hectic. i think i kinda want to do shikamaru next year i was really upset not seeing him anywhere. ....hes one of my favs.

my friend was anbu shikamaru :] he was the boyfriend of SnJ Kiba

EnnuiAE
08-07-2007, 08:40 PM
oh really dang i didnt see him.

Eshiza
08-08-2007, 05:02 PM
I had to leave the gathering early......I was so mad, I was practically stuck babysitting one of the girls there and she and one of the guys decided that they wanted to leave early so I had no choice but to follow ;^;

It was so much fun though

spunkyK101
09-06-2007, 03:23 PM
well said.
it got way too raucous there. even though this doesn't apply to some of us who also felt the same, a bad representation of cosplayers was made at the gathering.

about the "dictatorship," or rather forceful demanding of pictures by rabid fanppl, i did find it quite annoying but like ashenine said, it was better than standing around and not doing anything. HOWEVER, photo ops should mainly be up to cosplayers ... we should take suggestions but to an extent. it would also help to consider the people around us as well and our mannerisms during that point in time. it's okay to have fun (i like fun), but let it be some good clean fun.

also, i was talking to some cosplayers a bit afterwards and they all agreed with the fact that a lot of other characters were "ignored," too. i feel a bit selfish myself when i say this but yes, the same people got their pictures taken over and over again. others didn't hesitate to jump into a photo, while others did because of not wanting to ruin the integrity of the photo. i'm not saying it's bad or anything and i know that ppl tend to be biased about the show (shippuuden, "minor" characters, etc.), but do give others a chance to have their photos taken as well.

in my personal opinion, the gathering wasn't too bad but it got hella whack after a while.
that is all.

I totally agree. I mean it was fun and all, but I did feel a bit like we were getting out of control. And I should know about those poor biased shippuuden characters: I was one. But there were some people there that were really awesome, while there were only a few that spoiled the integrity of it for the rest of us. All the same, I had a great time!