PDA

View Full Version : anime/cosplay groups in dallas?

layne
04-03-2003, 09:58 PM
Are there any anime/cosplay groups in the Dallas area? Just curious. They seem to be everywhere else.

HuongStar
04-08-2003, 01:23 PM
None in Dallas as far as I know....we all seem to pop up in time for A-kon though. O_o

Michi
04-08-2003, 02:17 PM
There's an anime club of sorts in Houston. o.o; Dunno much about it though. Heh, that probably didn't help. ^_^;

layne
04-08-2003, 04:50 PM
LOL! Thanks Michi...umm...sorta ^_~

I wonder if I should start one or something.

TR5368
04-08-2003, 04:56 PM
I would say..start one! :)

Ringo
04-08-2003, 04:59 PM
I just did a search on google for Dallas Anime CLub and it came up with quite a few. Although I did'nt find any cosplay clubs, that's something I've never heard of in the states. There's definatly lots of potential there. ^_^
If you are looking for a club to join you might ask around on the a-kon board too. ^_^

layne
04-08-2003, 05:08 PM
I don't really want to join a club..

I guess this stems from seeing large-city cosplay picnics in other areas. Which seems like an interesting idea, and I wondered if there were any existing groups who might facilitate something like it in the Dallas area.

Ringo
04-08-2003, 05:45 PM
OIC ^_^
Well if you decide to organize a picnic let us know. ^_^ I might be able to wrangle a few people from Waco.

I know there are weekly get togethers of a-kon boardies but I don't really know if they are cosplay related. ^_^

katchoo
04-08-2003, 11:48 PM
*waves* I am going to be moving to dallas. I already contacted an anime club about joining but haven't heard of a cosplay group. I think it would be lots of fun to organize photo shoots, or sewing sessions! Plus I hear there is a japanese gardens which would be perfect for pics.

let me know if someone starts something. ^_^

HuongStar
04-09-2003, 04:13 PM
http://cosplay.meetup.com

This might be a handy-dandy tool for organizing a meetup of some sort. :)

layne
04-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Oh yes, thank you ^_^

djmihoshi
05-01-2003, 08:20 PM
<shameless plug> Heh, we've got an anime club and a lot of our members come in cosplay to the meetings. Just the other day we had a few cat girls. We're having a Pre A-kon party and everyone's coming on cosplay ^_^

http://www.geocities.com/otaku_kyokai/

The bad news: If you're talking about the DALLAS area, we're located in Flower Mound (it's not TOO far if you're dedicated ^_^)
plus most of our members consist of high schoolers (still not a problem, we don't care how old one is as long as they dig anime!)

</shameless plug> whoo, that was fun.

Harley
05-02-2003, 10:25 PM
I wanna know more about the Houston Anime group mentioned above...

accelagirl
05-03-2003, 11:09 PM
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11306

i really want to organize a cosplayer gathering in dallas sometime, i think it would be super fun~ @_@ i know there have to be cosplayers around here~ so something like the cosplay.com photoshoots would be really fun~!

katchoo
05-04-2003, 03:38 AM
I think that would be a lot of fun! maybe we can do it a little bit after akon, but before otakon. ^_^

accelagirl
05-06-2003, 01:55 AM
We are going to try to organize the Dallas Cosplay Picnic at the Cosplay Meetup on May 17th! Go to http://cosplay.meetup.com and sign up to join and play with us~!! We will discuss the plans and preparations there. ^_^ The Dallas Cosplay Picnic will indeed be after A-kon, most likely near the end of June. Hope to see you all there!

Darkness DEMON
05-28-2003, 08:15 PM
hey i have a group in plano that will be going to A-kon if you wanted to know. if that is of any help to you than i would be happy if you wanted to join us. BRAT

kyandi-chan
05-28-2003, 11:38 PM
Mallets Etc is the Houston Anime Group. There is also a minicon thing that is a four hour anime party near the woodlands. Go to www.mallets-etc.com . The meeting times are listed and we get to watch anime. If more people went, then it would be more fun. We also discuss group events...They are helping support a new con starting in houston called Oni con. Go to www.oni-con.com for more info

Never_perfect32
07-17-2005, 05:59 PM
There's anime fest in Dallas it's around labor day that would be fun.

Makare
07-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah AnimeFEST is the other convention in the Dallas area and there have been two "Anime Days". I think it'd be great though if someone organized a cosplay group/picnic/etc!
As for clubs...my school has one (though the only thing we're good at is organizing DDR parties <_<;; ) and then Frisco Library had an article in some newspaper or the other about an anime club. I'm sure if you -did- get into a club you could convert all (or most of 'em) to the wonderful world of cosplay and even create cosplay groups (or it could all be wishful thinking like in my school's club ehehe)
But yeah that's about it... I really hope someone can get some cosplay stuff together :D I mean it'd be nice to wear my costumes more than once or twice a year and I'm sure other people feel the same...

WILLIE1
07-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Are there any anime/cosplay groups in the Dallas area? Just curious. They seem to be everywhere else.

I'm moving to Dallas, TX next spring/summer and I'm looking at all the details of everything and I'd be more than happy to be in a cosplay group with you:cool::bigtu:

Feel free to PM me and I'll be all too hapy to chat to you and discuss costumes or whatever:)

Take care and I hope to hear from you soon:bigtu:

Willie

PinkSugarFarie
07-18-2005, 11:30 PM
ah having a cosplay club would be so much fun!! and i have been wanting to go to a cosplay picnic like i read in another forum that someone holds a cosplay gathering once a month! Im willing to start one or help someone start one.. since i have some ideas yet not know how to start about it. I think itll be a good way to meet friends and maybe get help on future projects or any of the other possibilities that this could be. So if someone else is willing then yeah we so should do it for ourselves if one doesnt exists, its the only way to progress if someone else wont do it, then it wont ever get done. Just an idea and my input.

EternalSerenity
07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Starting a DFW cosplay club/society is something I've been considering. If there is anyone that is serious about it, let me know and maybe we can start organizing something!

WILLIE1
07-19-2005, 03:37 AM
I'm definitely serious about it as I'll be looking to get involved in a club or society when I arrive in Dallas, TX next year:)

I got a link BTW for a new forum site that has got 2 Sailor Moon forums on it, the 1st is for the anime show and the 2nd is for the Live Action series:)

Here's the link:)
http://p2.forumforfree.com/brandonsanimefo.html&sid=ba9c381355c2f6eaac485afbfa2bbf8d

You can register and post immediately after your registration is done:)

I really hope to see you all soon:bigtu:

Willie

thefinal
07-28-2005, 02:47 PM
*points to signature*

SoraTKBM
08-04-2005, 02:15 AM
Well well well a little cosplay group eh? sounds interesting. You guys wouldn't mind a member of A-kon staff there would you?. I'm not working anymore but everyone else in my household is. It get's pretty hectic com kon time. @.@

EternalSerenity
08-04-2005, 11:58 AM
Well well well a little cosplay group eh? sounds interesting. You guys wouldn't mind a member of A-kon staff there would you?. I'm not working anymore but everyone else in my household is. It get's pretty hectic com kon time. @.@

Check out the DFW Cosplay Society thread in the seeking cosplayers forum. We are having our first meeting this saturday!