PDA

View Full Version : mikomicon 2007

maggifan
01-22-2007, 06:30 PM
is anyone planning to attend to mikomicon 2007?:confused:

mlarad
02-17-2007, 04:11 AM
yes I will be attending mikomicon this year I really like it last year it was the first year and they had good programming, guests, gatherings and contest. I had so much fun I will come back this year!

Sonsko-chan
02-19-2007, 03:02 AM
I'll be back, assuming I can make the Sept. weekend. :]

inuashley
02-19-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm going ^_^

Master Zero
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Make sure you guys sign up for the Masq. again. I'll be posting up Updates as soon as I get them. But if you have any questions, PM me ^^

Erik Kellstrom
02-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi, I was there last year and i`m going to go again this next year. bye:bigtu:

Evil Eye XIII
02-23-2007, 12:43 AM
I'll be going too!

Maguma
02-23-2007, 12:28 PM
This time i WILL show up and nor more panic attacks for me. HAHA!!!

inuashley
02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
My group, Soul Candy Cosplay, is probably going to be in the masquerade; any word on how to sign up for it yet?

maggifan
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
my group will be at the masquerade for sure !

Master Zero
03-07-2007, 12:33 AM
No not yet. I havent implimented anything as of yet. But I'm sure It'll be online as it was last year. I will keep you guys informed.

Lil_Neko-Chan
03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
hmmm...depending on what college i go to, i might show up ^^

Ohtori Kagura
06-30-2007, 11:46 PM
My group is doing masquerade for sure.

I posted on the forums too for Mikomcion to have the KIWI Project perform and even do some Para Para step teachings. =D

Oh! And....

I am currently putting together up the Kiwi project performance for Mikomicon 2007 a little side musical featuring the OP to Negima?!, 1000% Sparkling. Since the anime is well known for its huge character lsit of female students, we are currently asking for any girls who sing and dance and are willing to wear the Negima schoolgirl fukus to audition and join in on Kiwi Project's musical performance. It'll be for fun, and if you're interested, PM me for more details. It'd be fun for Mikomicon to see some fun musical acts!

mlarad
07-08-2007, 01:56 AM
does anybody knows when they the registration starts?

Master Zero
07-08-2007, 02:16 AM
The reg. stuff should be working. Please check out our main page for further details. ^^ Glad to know you guys will be coming back!

www.mikomicon.com

HOLLAH!

Lil_Neko-Chan
07-08-2007, 02:17 AM
I am currently putting together up the Kiwi project performance for Mikomicon 2007 a little side musical featuring the OP to Negima?!, 1000% Sparkling. Since the anime is well known for its huge character lsit of female students, we are currently asking for any girls who sing and dance and are willing to wear the Negima schoolgirl fukus to audition and join in on Kiwi Project's musical performance. It'll be for fun, and if you're interested, PM me for more details. It'd be fun for Mikomicon to see some fun musical acts!

ZOMG, if I could sing and dance, I would so join you!! I LOVE NEGiMA!!!

btw, It looks like I should be able to make it to Mokomi Con, though probably not for all 3 days. HOPEFULLY my Major Motoko Kusanagi should be ready by then ^^

Master Zero
07-08-2007, 02:19 AM
My group, Soul Candy Cosplay, is probably going to be in the masquerade; any word on how to sign up for it yet?

The online reg. for Masq. should be up in a few days. Keep checking up on it to see when it'll be up. Also, any questions regarding Masq. send me an email to: masq@mikomicon.com I'll also post it here when it's up and running.:toothy:

SakuraHime
07-08-2007, 02:24 AM
I will attending Mikomicon on Friday only (Stupid dance team >.>) I will be going as Nekozawa (Ouran), Rena (Higurashi) and Possibly some one else ^-^

Master Zero
07-09-2007, 03:09 PM
ATTENTION!!!

Masq. rules are UP!

http://www.mikomicon.com/EventsMasq.php

Any questions, send me an email to: masq@mikomicon.com

maggifan
07-10-2007, 01:24 AM
ATTENTION!!!

Masq. rules are UP!

Any questions, send me an email to: masq@mikomicon.com

awesome....
now, im just waiting for the AMV contest rules and stuff.....
XD

Master Zero
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
awesome....
now, im just waiting for the AMV contest rules and stuff.....
XD

They are already up!

http://www.mikomicon.com/EventsAGMV.php

:toothy:

maggifan
07-10-2007, 05:30 PM
They are already up!

oh, awesome....XD

SakuraHime
07-12-2007, 02:58 AM
Yay! I can go all 3 days now!! That means I will possibly be cosplaying.

Chikane (Kannazuki no Miko), Sprite/Pixie Rikku (Kingdom Hearts II), Rena (Higurashi), Idol Karen (Mermaid Melody), Ryoko (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya), Deidara and Sakura (Naruto Shippuuden)

and that's it for me.

stumbeline
07-12-2007, 03:23 PM
How big is this con, typically? Sounds like there are a bunch of you attending.

Master Zero
07-13-2007, 02:31 AM
Well, last year we have roughly about 1000 attendees. This year with the promotion, and more importantly, with cosplayer "word o' mouth" why might end up getting more people to show.

Kamasu XIII
07-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I'll be attending this year also!

Master Zero
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Glad to hear it! Makes sure you tell ALL your friends, guys!:toothy:

PhantomShadow
07-28-2007, 12:54 AM
Nyaha, I'm going~

BrianAnim
07-31-2007, 02:27 AM
Mikomi con's 2nd year should be even better than it's last, Hopfully we'll be seeing many people there we met last year, and hopfully some new ones too!

We'll be staying at the howard johnson inn express near by, their raits are a ton cheaper than the extended stay that is next door, so hopfully we can fill the hotel with cosplayers and have room partys and such!

Master Zero
07-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Glad to hear you guys are all excited about Mikomicon.

maggifan
08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
Glad to hear you guys are all excited about Mikomicon.

yeah its a fun con!
:) :angel:

Mikomicon
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
For our So. Calif cosplayers, just a reminder. The MikomiCon 2007 is just around the corner. Come to CSUN in Northridge on Sept 7th-9th.

Interested in winning some very cool prizes in our masquerade?

Check out the masq rules/online reg at

Don't miss the live performances and events in the Plaza Del Sol:

AkAI Sky
Dig Jelly
The Black Crystals
Authentic Japanese Dancers courtesy of LTAF
CSUN Aikido
CSUN Taiko
Naruto vs One Piece
Con Wars
Video Gaming Tourney-Finals
plus much more....

See you in Sept!

Mikomicon
08-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Just wanted to add an update. Yesterday, we were notified that the MikomiCon will be able to screen the Transformers movie!

I know that I am personally very jazzed, as I really enjoyed the movie.

For all perspective con-goers, the screening will be taking place on Friday Sept 7th.

:rockon:

Mikomicon
08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi All,
Just confirmed that Dragon Wars is coming to the MikomiCon. They will be having a panel on Saturday and will be giving out some cool prizes.

One of the prizes is tickets to the invitation only premier the following week.
They will also be bringing some of the actors and the director from korea.

Nin10do Nick
08-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I totally going. It looks like they have more stuff going on in the day. The tag team watermelon eating contest sounds like fun. I wonder if anyone will do it in their costume?

Ohtori Kagura
08-12-2007, 12:58 AM
I WILL. FOR THE SAKE OF WATERMELONS! WE SHALL!!
XD Nah, I'll just change @ the hotel. XD And then run back. XD

Mikomicon
08-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I WILL. FOR THE SAKE OF WATERMELONS! WE SHALL!!
XD Nah, I'll just change @ the hotel. XD And then run back. XD

LOL, we are still trying to decide if you get to use your hands, have someone else hold the watermelon and feed you or just use your mouth.

Ohtori Kagura
08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Well, considering some percentage of people will be cosplaying and aren't in access to changing rooms and hotels, probably we should get something like bibs (XD silly thought) or lots of paper towels for people to cover up their fronts at least down to the lower chest and people eat the watermelon like a pie eating contest.

Even with our magical precautions such as paper towels, cosplayers should still be caution that they may be a little um dirty....they might be seeing the dry cleaners if anything. XD

It depends on the person. Whether cosplaying or not, watermelons are fun and shall not be avoided. *hugs watermelons*

Mikomicon
08-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Well, considering some percentage of people will be cosplaying and aren't in access to changing rooms and hotels, probably we should get something like bibs (XD silly thought) or lots of paper towels for people to cover up their fronts at least down to the lower chest and people eat the watermelon like a pie eating contest.

Even with our magical precautions such as paper towels, cosplayers should still be caution that they may be a little um dirty....they might be seeing the dry cleaners if anything. XD

It depends on the person. Whether cosplaying or not, watermelons are fun and shall not be avoided. *hugs watermelons*

I was thinking that we could use trash bags. Cut a hole in the top, and you are ready to go. Hopefully, it won't create too much of a mess in the Plaza.lol:bigtu:

Ohtori Kagura
08-13-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds great! Sounds even cleaner than paper towels and stuff and seems to be a cleaer alternative in keeping the campus area clean and stuff. ^^

DanieBarton03
08-15-2007, 08:42 PM
I am so excited for Mikomicon. Won't be cosplaying, but my sister might. I'm too shy and afraid to cosplay. Some day, maybe I will.

Mikomicon
08-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I am so excited for Mikomicon. Won't be cosplaying, but my sister might. I'm too shy and afraid to cosplay. Some day, maybe I will.

Dear Danie....don't be shy:) Everyone is coming to have a good time, and you just have to cosplay.

Something simple and confortable. Believe me, i'm (#@@#) sorry can't admit my age online, but if I can cosplay(which I did last year) then you can..lol

ChellaBella
08-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm going there :3 I'll be cosplaying Harley from Poke`mon..I cosplayed him at the 2007 Anime Expo, and singe MikomiCon is next month, I won't have another costume by then :0 So I'm just cosplaying him again :3

Mikomicon
08-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to post an update. For all of you Red vs Blue fans, just got confirmation that they will be attending the con.

Am so looking forward to their panel:rockon:

edo_oniichan
08-23-2007, 12:57 PM
Sweet.

I'm going, cosplaying as Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran), Saturday and Sunday. I wish I could go Friday. I'm going to bike over on Sunday prolly. That'll be interesting to see. :D

Are there going to be any gatherings? Seeing as there are a bunch of people coming, you would think someone's organizing something. (I wouldn't mind organizing an Ouran gathering.)

maggifan
08-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Sweet.

I'm going, cosplaying as Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran), Saturday and Sunday. I wish I could go Friday. I'm going to bike over on Sunday prolly. That'll be interesting to see. :D

Are there going to be any gatherings? Seeing as there are a bunch of people coming, you would think someone's organizing something. (I wouldn't mind organizing an Ouran gathering.)

yeah, Im starting to organize the gatherings for mikomicon...
here is the link for the forum
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=122000

Mikomicon
08-24-2007, 09:16 AM
So my daughter and I went to Best Buy last night. The MikomiCon is running the screening room for LTAF this weekend. Needed to buy some anime, so one of the workers comes by and asks us if we need any help.

We get to talking and mention the con, and he's like" OMG, I went last year and had a great time", let me tell my friend. So the next you know another best buy worker comes up, " I hear that you are having a con? Do you have a flyer?" and then he starts to ask me it, and we talk.

So, we're talking, and the next thing you know, shoppers who are looking at the anime section at Best Buy get into the conversation. I ended being *stuck* in the anime section at Best Buy for at least one hour. I think there are at least 6-7 more people going to the con, as of last night.

My poor daughter just kept giving me looks, but I couldn't leave the anime section. It was hilariously funny! :rockon:

Master Zero
08-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Score!

Mikomicon
08-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Just got back from LTAF, had a very nice time, and am looking forward to tomorrow.

For anyone planning on attending LTAF on Sunday, be sure to come by and say Hi! We are in the main area on the second floor:)

Mikomicon
08-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Less than two weeks until con, hope to see you all there!

Luna-A-Lovegood
08-28-2007, 12:26 PM
I am coming! SHWEET!

SakuraHime
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I am coming! SHWEET!

Yay~! *glomps* I'm very excited for Mikomicon this year! It sounds like it will be funner than last year =D

Sonsko-chan
08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Yay~! *glomps* I'm very excited for Mikomicon this year! It sounds like it will be funner than last year =D

HAYY! Last year's was plenty good! -enjoyed time spend with Dakota and Daniyel-

Mikomicon
08-28-2007, 09:53 PM
We have some great games this year. One of them is tag team watermelon eating contest. And of course a ramon eating contest:)

Mikomicon
08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey,

Just found out that Cosplay.com will be coming to our con and filiming the Masquerade. I guess this is something new for them and we are their first con!

I am very excited, I just hope that we get alot of great entries for the Masq. Okay, I know that i've posted this before, but now everybody HAS to enter the Masq...lol

You will get to see yourself on Cosplay.com how cool is that!:rockon:

Master Zero
08-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Yes, Come to Mikomicon. XD

Ok guys, as you know, Cosplay.com is going to be videotaping the Masquerade show. This is a great opportunity for you Masq. participants to come up and show your friends who may not be able to make it how cool and awesome you are onstage!

If you haven't signed up yet, Registration is open! Visit our website: http://www.mikomicon.com

Master Zero
08-31-2007, 02:42 PM
ATTENTION COSPLAYERS IN THE MASQ!

If you are going to be using audio tracks, please make sure that they are in a CD and/or Flash Drive that can be easily transferred onto our system. Also, bring BACKUPS!

If you have any questions, please post them on here or on our forum.

Mikomicon
09-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Due to her availability, her panel is scheduled for 8pm on Friday, Sept 7th.

Aimee Major Steinberger grew up in Charleston, South Carolina. She is a
professional animator and layout artist whose work can be seen on The
Simpsons and Futurama as well as in Disney's Three Caballeros ride at
Epcot's Gran Fiesta Tour and the Warner Bros. film Looney Tunes Back in
Action. She is well-known in the doll world as a staff writer for Haute Doll
Magazine and an administrator for denofangels.com, the largest
English-language Asian ball-jointed doll website and forum in the world.
Her passion for costumes has earned her multiple cosplaying awards,
including Best in Show at several of the world's largest conventions. She
now lives in California. She is currently directing her interest in
Japanese classical and popular culture into the book Japan Ai: A Tall Girl's
Adventures in Japan, to be published this winter by Go! Comi. Major
Steinberger is sponsored at the New York Anime Festival by Go! Comi.

For anyone who went to Comic Con, she was the winner of best in show for their masq:)

Kino's Project
09-02-2007, 05:01 AM
asd

Mikomicon
09-04-2007, 01:59 AM
anyone from the bay area going to mikomicon?
I'm looking for a ride, and can chip in for gas as well.
pm me if anyones going, thanks

The only ones that I personally know from the bay area are AKAI Sky, one of our performing bands, but they are not staying for the full con. I hope that you're able to hook up with someone:)

Hopefully, we'll see you at the con. 3 days and counting!

maggifan
09-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Great!

Here is a link to the info:

do you have the final list of the AGMV's summited to the contest?

Raynovac1
09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=82966

Here is a list.

Wesley Hartman
MikomiCon Staff

maggifan
09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=82966

Here is a list.

Wesley Hartman
MikomiCon Staff

yay! thanks!
hurray Im in the list! I'm glad that my GMV arrived in time! :crylaugh:

Dark Masters
09-05-2007, 02:19 AM
I will be attending Mikomicon. I am also in charge of the "Eternal Warrior" Martial arts demonstration. The Characters included will be:

Ryu Hoshi[Street Fighter Alpha]
(DARK) Makoto[Street Fighter(Fantasy)]
Himura Kenshin[Pre-Samurai-X]
Hyuuga Neji[Naruto]
Haohmaru[Samurai Showdown 1-5]
Son Gokuu[Dragon Ball]

Come see us perform in the Plaza del Sol at 6:00pm-6:50pm on Saturday, September 8th!

Raynovac1
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I will be sitting at the info desk so I should be able to see you guys.

I look forward to a great show.

Wesley Hartman
MikomiCon Staff

Master Zero
09-05-2007, 02:18 PM
I will be hosting a costume props. panel on Friday, Sept. 7 @ 4pm (location can be found on the schedule or the Info. Booth)

I'll be discussing simple and easy ways to make props that are cost-effective and fun to make! I will also discuss materials, tools, and other important factors that go into making a good prop. If you have any questions on how to build a prop, feel free to stop by the panel. The more, the merrier.

Muze
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
I'll be down there on Saturday, shoot me a PM if you want to do private photoshoot.

Mikomicon
09-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Just wanted to post a reminder that at-con reg begins tomorrow from 12pm-8pm. You can also pick-up your badge and goodie bag. The registration desk is located directly off of the Plaza Del Sol in the USU portion of the campus. You can't miss us.

Please see the link below for directions to CSUN

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=+18111+Nordhoff+St,+Northridge,+CA&sll=34.237599,-118.529348&sspn=0.008373,0.014462&ie=UTF8&ll=34.235524,-118.527567&spn=0.008373,0.014462&z=16&om=1

For a detailed map of the CSUN campus see the link below

http://www.csun.edu/maps/cm1.html

I am looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and I hope you all have a terrific time:)

alaofarda
09-06-2007, 06:54 AM
And for everyone who is going, "Plaza del Sol? What the...?"

http://usu.csun.edu/studentunion/USU_map.pdf

There is a map of Student Union area. ^_^

Dark Masters
09-08-2007, 04:35 AM
Now I'm getting nervous about the performance, but I'm sure we'll do fine, and i hope to give you all a great show full of action and a Super Smash Brothers type look at your favorite Anime and Video Game Characters.

maggifan
09-08-2007, 05:16 AM
see you guys at mikomikon on sep.8! XD
I will be in the masquerade too!

Sonsko-chan
09-08-2007, 11:01 PM
You know. It's probably not the best idea to sit on the computer while AT CON. Boy, do I love CSUN. Wench!Pansy Parkinson forthewin! :'D

I love this con. If you took my picture, you should tell me. Elysia Hughes (FMA), Pansy Parkinson (HP), Wench!Pansy (Pirates-HP crossover), and Ash (Misfile). <33

Loves all around!

edo_oniichan
09-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Wow. Saturday was a lot of fun! ^^

Does anyone have pix of me? I was cosplaying as Light Yagami - there were a few but I was the one with Haruhi headbands. We were last in the masquerade. XD Boy was that fun.

Oh, and my friend was gothic Temari. She had some pix taken of her so if you have some, please link them to me! :)

Muze
09-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Wow. Saturday was a lot of fun! ^^

Does anyone have pix of me? I was cosplaying as Light Yagami - there were a few but I was the one with Haruhi headbands. We were last in the masquerade. XD Boy was that fun.

Oh, and my friend was gothic Temari. She had some pix taken of her so if you have some, please link them to me! :)

I do, I got shoots of you girls practicing next to the Big Daddy Hotdog and Masquerade, give me a few day to upload them.

MakimachiMotoko
09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
I was the Rin Sohma in the masquerade... did anyone get pictures of me? (Black hair, green dress first half of the day, blackhair, white tank-top and black shorts second half)

SakuraHime
09-10-2007, 12:59 AM
I had ubber fun at Mikomicon! =D If anybody had some pcitures that would be great~!

Friday - Ryuugu, Rena from Higurashi
Saturday - Haruno, Sakura from Naruto: Shippuuden
Sunday - Rikku from FFX-2 (I was her in the afternoon) Suzumiya, Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. (I was her in the evening, I ws also the one with the Mikuru plushie XD)

Please and Thank You~

Whose Line Was It Anime? Was great~! Sooo funny XD

fusean
09-10-2007, 02:00 AM
I really need to start taking pictures of like everyone... I only went on Friday, but I saw sooo many awesome costumes...>_<

I had alot of fun the one day I was there, and so wanted to go all 3 days, but work sometimes gets in the way of all the funz... :lost: I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

Well here are my pictures, I was the Jiraiya in a blue kimono...:crylaugh:

My Pictures...^_^ (http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/fusean619/MikomiCon%2007/):rockon:

Muze
09-10-2007, 03:37 AM
I was the Rin Sohma in the masquerade... did anyone get pictures of me? (Black hair, green dress first half of the day, blackhair, white tank-top and black shorts second half)
I got both you in the school uniform and the masquerade pic, gimme 1 more day and I'll have them up.
Actually, I have shots of every Masquerade group minus the Tsuba chronical group, my camera card was full at that time and by the time I switch over to a new card, the group was over. :(

Maguma
09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I was Portgaz D. Ace on Friday and sunday, and Gogeta on Friday and Saturday!

Bubble872
09-10-2007, 12:04 PM
i was my character bubble on saturday, (and i was suprised people actually took pictures of me cause i was an OC, and not from any anime XD) i had long pink hair, ears, a fluffy tail, and a short black and red kimono,if you have any pics of me send em to meh! gotta catch em all!

Sarahthecat89
09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
See you all next year!!

SesshoumaruSama
09-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Was pretty fun, if anyone has pics of me share them please :D

Friday: Kakashi
Saturday: Sesshoumaru
Sunday: Kakashi

inuashley
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I really need to start taking pictures of like everyone... I only went on Friday, but I saw sooo many awesome costumes...>_<

I had alot of fun the one day I was there, and so wanted to go all 3 days, but work sometimes gets in the way of all the funz... :lost: I can't wait to see everyone's pictures!

Well here are my pictures, I was the Jiraiya in a blue kimono...:crylaugh:

My Pictures...^_^ (http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc207/fusean619/MikomiCon%2007/):rockon:

Hi! It was nice meeting you on Friday. ^^ Your pics in the gaming room are hilarious. XD (I was Naruto, btw.)

SesshoumaruSama
09-10-2007, 04:48 PM
Oh and here are just a few pics

Very small photo gallery (http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc91/Tazor4831/)

Oh ya, met so many people out there and didnt get myspaces or anything -_- Well if I saw you send a message or friend request my way

My Myspace! (http://www.myspace.com/tazor)

Kairu-P
09-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh hiiiii everyone!

I was only at the con for like 6 hours on Friday (I was the guy tagging along spa robe Jiraiya and Deidaria)

My Pictures (http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/akameru/Mikomicon%2007/)

RosyAristocracy
09-10-2007, 07:15 PM
This was pretty fun! I was Demyx (with XigBear XD) on Saturday and Sunday, I would love to know if anyone has any pictures of me. ^_^

I'll post my pics here in the next few days.

UndercoverKitty
09-10-2007, 07:34 PM
I have a few pictures from the con that I still have to get off my camera but they'll be up soon!!

sakukodo
09-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I was there for all 3 days as neji but sadly my batterys kept dying but all the same even though i still had tons of fun there and meeting a bunch of great cosplayers

UndercoverKitty
09-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Here's a link to the photos I have from the con...Click me for Pictures!! (http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/Undercoverkitty/Mikomicon%2007/)

Currently adding to it three pictures at a time...give me some slack...

Ohtori Kagura
09-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Dude....MikomiCon ROCKED!!!!!

pics soon
XDD

Nekoofdeath
09-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone! Yay, I had a blast and I went all three days.

On Fri I was Raver! Rin from Naruto...if you don't know who that was I was the girl with purple marks on her face haning out with the Raver!Kakashi and the Raver!Obito.

On Saturday I was Suigetsu from Naruto. Most people didn't know who I was, so I was the one with a purple tank top, silver hair, and Zabuza's giant sword! Oh, and I was in the Masquerade and the Kamehameha contest.

And lastly on Sunday I was Hana, another character from Naruto who is Kiba's sister. I was hanging out with Kiba and Akamaru.

LOL Now that I think about it, the whole time, I was just characters that no one really knew! ANYWAYS, does anyone have pics?

Oh and SO I HEARD YOU LIKE MUDKIPS!

FullMetal Ninja
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM

I have a pic of you and Miroku!! PM me!:bigtu:
also I was........
Friday: Edward Elric
Saturday: Sasuke Uchiha (regular) ((the one in the Para Para Dance))
Sunday: Sasuke in a blue chinese dress u_u;;

LordofthePlants
09-10-2007, 10:42 PM
: O Uhm... so, Mikomicon was fun. <3

(anyway)
Friday : Raver! Obito. I was hanging with a Raver!Kakashi, and Raver!Rin. I had tobi's mask on my hip... : >
Saturday: Juugo, from naruto. Uhm... XD I'm sure a lot of people didn't know who I was. I had curse seal on my face+ neck, and a contact in for half the day... (twas a sclera lense. : > ) BRIGHT ORANGE HAIR. : D Purple drape thing... yeah... I had two birds on my right shoulder. : >

Sunday: Akamaru. I was hanging with Kiba and Hana.

Michi
09-11-2007, 12:20 AM
UndercoverKitty, the link to your pictures is now up on page 6. I'm sorry for the trouble -- but you're welcome to PM a moderator if you have trouble with your posts showing up in the future. :)

SesshoumaruSama
09-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Oh ya, I'm going to be uploading a few masquerade videos, sadly i didnt record them all. They are complete with me and Miroku's comments, here are the first 2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW1ltNbaeSA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGY3gQp-VNU

inuashley
09-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Mikomicon was way more awesome this year than last year, I had tons of fun, especially coming up with a masq. skit with my group in 30 minutes 3 hours before the masquerade. XD I was Kyuubi Naruto on Friday, Riku from KH on Saturday and in the masquerade, and Axel from KH on Sunday. ^^ Here are my pics:

Friday: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89490&member=27538
Saturday: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89546&member=27538
Sunday: http://images.cosplay.com/gallery.php?cat=89552&member=27538

Master Zero
09-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I have pics and will try to put them up soon. Unfortunately, because I was a bit busy, I dont have lots. Sorry guys! Hope you guys enjoyed yourselves ^^

Evilzombie123
09-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey guys, I was the Domo-kun from AnimeExpo 07 and Mikomicon 07. I was wondering if any of you have videos or pics of me from the convention so I can show my family and friends. I have some but I wasnt with my group most of the time so had no camera.

Did any of you get to attend the dance? That was awsome! Ive never danced before this.

AoiMizuno
09-12-2007, 03:06 AM
I had such a blast at Mikomicon! ^_^ This was my first time cosplaying EVER.

My roommates and I did punk outfits on Friday (theme was black and white stripes + your fav color. I had pink and kitty ears).
Saturday I did Rukia along with my roommates doing the rest of the Bleach gang + Vash the Stampede.
Sunday we did the punk thing again but with our character hair so it's kinda like Bleach + casual cosplay? @_@

Nick caught me at around 6 and begged us to enter the masquerade. We had to come up with a skit 25 minutes before showtime. @_@;; So I experienced cosplay, entering a masquerade, and winning a part in the masquerade for the first time, ALL in the same day!!! ^_____^ BEST WEEKEND EVER!

Now we're excited and trying to plan what to do for next year. <3<3<3

Maguma
09-12-2007, 03:20 AM
oh so that was you!!! it was a pleasure meeting you!!! I was the Gogeta and Ace cosplayer!!

AoiMizuno
09-12-2007, 05:32 AM
AH! Nice meeting you too Mr. Awesome Fire Man! tee hee ^_____^

Mikomicon
09-12-2007, 08:50 AM
I'm glad that everyone had a great time this last weekend. I already have some really cool ideas for next year. A couple of them are things that have never been done. But very very fun.

Am only hinting because I don't want any other cons to know about my plans...lol....

I have tons of pictures from Fri/Sat and will post them on my cosplay page. Because I have so many, I won't be able to post them all at once, so please be sure to check my cosplay homepage for updates

One of the things we have planned I can tell you:) We are going to have a mini taiko festival on Sunday. It will run from 10am-12pm and feature 3 groups, each doing a 30 minute set.

I love taiko and feel that it will be tons of fun. Well that's it for now.

Evilzombie123
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Which page is you cosplay page? Couldnt find a cosplay seciton on the official site and your myspace does not seem to have a cosplay section either.

A good idea for next year would be a better DDR machine, mabye if people just brought Stepmania and some good pads, that would work pretty well. Other than that it was pretty much perfect.

FullMetal Ninja
09-12-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm glad that everyone had a great time this last weekend. I already have some really cool ideas for next year. A couple of them are things that have never been done. But very very fun.

Am only hinting because I don't want any other cons to know about my plans...lol....

I have tons of pictures from Fri/Sat and will post them on my cosplay page. Because I have so many, I won't be able to post them all at once, so please be sure to check my cosplay homepage for updates

One of the things we have planned I can tell you:) We are going to have a mini taiko festival on Sunday. It will run from 10am-12pm and feature 3 groups, each doing a 30 minute set.

I love taiko and feel that it will be tons of fun. Well that's it for now.

yeah I can't find where you put the pics up...I want to see if you got me as Sasuke Uchiha in a blue Chinese dress lol:crylaugh:

Sininen
09-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I have to agree that it was an amazing weekend and I had tons of fun. Depending on the day, I was dressed as the Red Whirlwind, Saber, or an Ouran School girl. Apparently, I like bright colors.

Anyway, here's a link to my small collection of pics. However, it does include Domo and Sasuke in a dress.
http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/SininenCA/Mikomicon/

alaofarda
09-13-2007, 04:48 AM
I know everyone saw us, but I was wondering who (besides Bubbles :p) took pictures of my friend and I. We were there on Saturday as the Vampire Twins... in the masquerade (which we choreographed in 1 hr!!!)... auctioned off as the 2 for 1 special...

sting57
09-13-2007, 09:19 AM
Some of my pics are up on my pbase site:

http://www.pbase.com/sting458/mikomicon_2007

Abb

Maguma
09-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Some of my pics are up on my pbase site:

Abb

Wonderful pics! you got me doing my Kamehame Ha! hahahah

Muze
09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
As Promised-
This is the general link
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/
Consist of con cosplayers, dealer room, watermellon contest, artist gallery, gaming room, etc.

Sub Albums
Photoshoot with Lil_Neko-Chan from ghost in the shell
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Lil_Neko-chan-Ghost%20in%20the%20Shell/

Photoshoot with Kaolinite as Ultima from FF12
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Kaolinite-Ultima-FF12/

Photoshoot with Lil_Neko-Chan & Sininen as Raider&Saber from Fate Stay Night
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Lil_Neko-Chang_Sinen-FateStayNight/

Photoshoot with SilverRuby as Luppi from Bleach
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/SilverRuby-Luppi/

Photoshoot with Ceruleandraco, SilverRuby, & Heiki as Grimmjaw, Luppi, &Ichigo from Bleach
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Ceruleanskydraco_SilverRuby_Heiki-Bleach/

Eyeshine
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Ceruleanskydraco_SilverRuby_Heiki-Bleach/

Aki Sky
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Aki%20Sky/

Masquerade
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Masquerade/

MakimachiMotoko, you're Masquerade pics are on
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Masquerade/?start=100

edo_oniichan, you're general pic and masquerade pic are on
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/?start=220
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/?start=200
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/?start=180
and
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Masquerade/?start=40
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Masquerade/?start=20

PM me if you need the hi rez version.

Maguma
09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Nice! i wish you could have seen my fire muze, you'd have been proud *sniff*

Master Zero
09-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Hehe, nice pictures Muze.

Muze
09-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Nice! i wish you could have seen my fire muze, you'd have been proud *sniff*
was it over 9000?

Maguma
09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Way over 9000

Evilzombie123
09-13-2007, 09:07 PM
does anybody have any pics or videos from the dance? Probably the hardest pics to find from mikomicon.

And nice pics muze, you have a good camera. Very crisp and clear images with good lighting.

Lil_Neko-Chan
09-13-2007, 09:29 PM
As Promised-
Sub Albums
Photoshoot with Lil_Neko-Chan from ghost in the shell
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Lil_Neko-chan-Ghost%20in%20the%20Shell/
Photoshoot with Lil_Neko-Chan & Sininen as Raider&Saber from Fate Stay Night
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v647/muze/MikomiCon/Lil_Neko-Chang_Sinen-FateStayNight/

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 !!!!! They're wonderful!!! Thank you so much!!!

FullMetal Ninja
09-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Does anybody have a video of the Para Para Dance at the end of the Masquerade? I was the Sasuke in Muze's Pics ^_^

inuashley
09-14-2007, 02:21 AM
does anybody have any pics or videos from the dance? Probably the hardest pics to find from mikomicon.

And nice pics muze, you have a good camera. Very crisp and clear images with good lighting.

I have one crappy picture from the dance in my Friday album ^^;;

sting57
09-14-2007, 02:39 AM

I just updated my gallery with pics from the dance after the masquerade party. Nothing fancy, just messing around with longer exposure shots.

Also included some pics from the masquerade awards and kamehame ha contest.

Abb

iroha
09-14-2007, 03:21 AM
Thank you everyone for posting pictures. I didn't get very many good pictures myself, so I'm glad that other people were able to. I really like how your gallery layout lined these ones up, sting57!

Evilzombie123
09-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the pics.

I have one very random question. Im looking for the guy who was Cloud during the convention for a girl I know and I was wondering if any of you know where his myspace profile or any other profile of his is.

inuashley
09-15-2007, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the pics.

I have one very random question. Im looking for the guy who was Cloud during the convention for a girl I know and I was wondering if any of you know where his myspace profile or any other profile of his is.

Do you have a picture of him? I didn't see anyone but Pikmin Link do Cloud at Mikomicon.

Master Zero
09-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Was it the guy at Masq? There was a guy dressed up as Cloud up on stage for the Kamehameha contest.

Maguma
09-15-2007, 01:28 PM
yea, that was the only other cloud cosplayer that night.

Evilzombie123
09-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I can give you a crappy description based on what i remember. Kinda tall, around 6' or so. Average build. Short brown hair and no facial hair. And the girl im looking for him for said his name was either Dave or David.

Sorry if the descriptions not that good.

SesshoumaruSama
09-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Is it this guy?

http://imageupload.com/~imageupl/show.php/22886_PICT0051.JPG.html

Evilzombie123
09-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Yes, thats the guy! Good job figuring that out with such a bad description.

So does anybody know where to find or contact this guy in any way? A girl I know has been dying to talk to him since she spoke to him in the convention. Does he have a myspace, Gaia, instant messenger? anything will do.

Thanks

Maguma
09-16-2007, 04:00 AM
no idea, i may have given him my contact info but he hasn't contacted me at all

lildragonluvr
09-18-2007, 10:56 PM

____

O.O;;; were u the kakashi that I put a yoshi on his head????? O.O;;; and you hung out w/ sasuke and garra most of the time? O.o;;; just making sure so i can send some picxs.. xD

probably better to e-mail me... O.O;; cuz' i ono how to use this thing cuz' i just registered... LMAO! >_<;;;

lilazndragonluvr@gmail.com

ps. are u a current CSUn student??? =]

fleetingeyes
09-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Hello everyone! I had an awesome time at Mikomicon, although it was a bit small :D. I'm looking for pictures!

Saturday: I was wearing ETC:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/fleetingeyes/rawr.jpg

Sunday: I was wearing my h.Jelly yukata:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/fleetingeyes/1182499109.jpg

I am also a current CSUN student and would love to meet other Gothic Lolitas!

PikminLink
09-19-2007, 02:48 PM
im still working on mikomicon pics from consplayers, so those should be up early next week ^^

Master Zero
09-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Thanks Pikmin!

Maguma
09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
awesome can't wait to see em! and where are your pics Master Z?

Master Zero
09-20-2007, 02:04 PM
awesome can't wait to see em! and where are your pics Master Z?

Gotta load them up, didnt take many but I'll post what I took.

HANAJIMA UCHIHA
09-20-2007, 08:57 PM
OMG KAKASHI HI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its me the mystery sand ninja !!!!!

the one that was wearing all black with the mask and the sunglasses!!!

hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SesshoumaruSama
09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
OMG KAKASHI HI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its me the mystery sand ninja !!!!!

the one that was wearing all black with the mask and the sunglasses!!!

hi !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah yes I remember you, what's up?

Maguma
09-27-2007, 03:27 AM
does anyone have pics from friday night of me playing with fire??

FullMetal Ninja
09-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Does anybody have a video of the Para Para Dance at the end of the Masquerade? for the second time I ask?

iroha
09-29-2007, 01:50 PM
For anyone who saw the Japanese reporter with the video camera interviewing cosplayers, his segment about Mikomicon should be airing TONIGHT (Saturday) on LA 18 (public TV, so it should be channel 18 for everyone). I hope his report will be good...

fleetingeyes
09-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Iroha: Do you happen to know what time the show will be on?

inuashley
09-29-2007, 03:21 PM
For anyone who saw the Japanese reporter with the video camera interviewing cosplayers, his segment about Mikomicon should be airing TONIGHT (Saturday) on LA 18 (public TV, so it should be channel 18 for everyone). I hope his report will be good...

Really? He interviewed our group and we've been in touch with him and he said it wouldn't air until next month. But I'll check, do you know what time it's gonna be on?

EDIT: It's on NEXT Saturday at 7:30p.m., but I saw the preview and it had our group, the Akatsuki/Sora group, and Maguma doing Kamehameha in it. ^^

iroha
09-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Boo, it wasn't on tonight. When I talked to the reporter, he said it would air at the end of the month. But it appeared in next week's preview, so everyone set your timers and TiVos etc.

Channel 18, Saturday October 6, 7:30pm

I'm going to be out of town :( so I won't be able to watch it. If anyone does tape it, how about putting it up on youtube?? ;)

inuashley
09-29-2007, 11:21 PM
Boo, it wasn't on tonight. When I talked to the reporter, he said it would air at the end of the month. But it appeared in next week's preview, so everyone set your timers and TiVos etc.

Channel 18, Saturday October 6, 7:30pm

I'm going to be out of town :( so I won't be able to watch it. If anyone does tape it, how about putting it up on youtube?? ;)

I'll be out of town too, but I'm taping it, so I'll try to get it on youtube. ^^ The reporters from JATV actually came to my house today to interview me and PhantomShadow in our cosplay, so that is also supposed to air next week. ^^

Master Zero
10-02-2007, 01:30 PM
I'll be out of town too, but I'm taping it, so I'll try to get it on youtube. ^^ The reporters from JATV actually came to my house today to interview me and PhantomShadow in our cosplay, so that is also supposed to air next week. ^^

Yeah, Im out in Ani-Magic this weekend. Ash, if you can record it and youtube it or something, that be cool. Thanks in advance.:bigtu:

Zero.

edo_oniichan
10-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Ah! I forgot to tape it! ><

I was out babysitting >_>... someone get it up on YouTube please!

edo_oniichan
10-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Ah! I forgot to tape it! ><

I was out babysitting >_>... someone get it up on YouTube please!

Mr. Postman
12-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Thank you for your patience and perseverance, everyone. I've finally finished updating my web site. ^_^;

The cosplay photos from MikomiCon, Ani-Magic, Pacific Media Expo, and the Cali Cos Capades, are located on the Mr. Postman's Pix page, in the "2007" albums, on my web site, www.CoBroRa.com (http://www.cobrora.com).

For anyone who is interested, the BJD/SD pictures from PMX, CBP, and ArtMaze gatherings are all posted too. They are to be found on the "We are Family" page of my site.

Info on the use of my photos for your web site and Cosplay.com gallery can be found there also. No "hotlinking" please!!!

So enjoy!

TC

Ohtori Kagura
12-26-2007, 04:21 PM
You're a king, Mr. Postman.
Awesome pics. Thankies so much! =D

HANAJIMA UCHIHA
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM
how do you upload photos here ?

BrianAnim
01-01-2008, 06:18 AM
how do you upload photos here ?

Try searching the forums and the help pages.