PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay.com photoshoot

lathspell
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
I just read the general Detour thread and it seemed like people wanted a separate thread for this, so here it is!! So far it seems to be that the gathering is leaning towards 11 am on Saturday at the Thunderbird/Ramada hotel, though it seems that where in the hotel is still in question. Do you think we should all make our own signs? XD

anime_wench
01-22-2007, 07:59 PM
I just read the general Detour thread and it seemed like people wanted a separate thread for this, so here it is!! So far it seems to be that the gathering is leaning towards 11 am on Saturday at the Thunderbird/Ramada hotel, though it seems that where in the hotel is still in question. Do you think we should all make our own signs? XD

I think holding one big sign would be super cool.. but WHO is the make the sign would be the question.. I vote for lathspell! *snicker snicker* Jk! ^_^

lathspell
01-22-2007, 10:40 PM
I think it would be also kind of cool if we each made our own signs with the cosplay.com logo, but the personalized the rest of it?

Hehe, I would actually make one for all of us if people don't want to do that idea, if it wasn't too big. I'm not sure how much room I'll have.

rainbow_dancer
01-22-2007, 10:59 PM
i think making our own signs is a great idea!!! kinda like our own design and hold them in the picture. but if one person would walk around with the sign trying to find people ((some people might not have know about it...since they aren't as active or no time to go on. :() so yah....it'd max the people who'd be in the shoot though. n.n and theres a anime detour forum meet/pannel going on too. ^_^

Serria
01-23-2007, 12:33 AM
Someone should make extra signs. Because if we do individual signs I can and will forget. XD

Singe
01-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Someone should make extra signs. Because if we do individual signs I can and will forget. XD

Yea, I may forget too...but I alway shave my cosplay.com badge with me at conventions, so if all else fails I can stand and hold that. XD

lathspell
01-25-2007, 11:25 AM
That's true. I'm a very forgetful person myself...that'd be kind of bad if I forgot mine too...if I can I'll make extra if everyone decides that's what they want to do. I just decided to make a Tifa Keyblade, so it all depends on how much cardboard I have left after that. XD

XanaTenshi
01-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I have said a million times that I would make the sign! :mad:

J/K on the angry face! :toothy: Look for a Howl or Akabane with the sign! For sure it will say something along the lines of: Cosplay.com Photoshoot!

Elendriel
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm soooo making it for the shoot :D I'll probably be Lord Rasler or a Starlight... not sure yet lol

lathspell
01-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Okay, you can do the sign, that's fine with me ^^' I just thought it'd be kind of cool if we all made our own with the cosplay logo with maybe our screennames or something, but I realize that would be more difficult. I relinquish the duty to you then ^^

anime_wench
01-26-2007, 08:51 PM
I am so impatient for Anime Detour!!! And it's going to be so fun finally getting meet everyone posting here on cosplay.com! *bounces in impatience* ^_^

XanaTenshi
01-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Okay, you can do the sign, that's fine with me ^^' I just thought it'd be kind of cool if we all made our own with the cosplay logo with maybe our screennames or something, but I realize that would be more difficult. I relinquish the duty to you then ^^

No wait right there! That's still an awesome idea! People can make small signs with their screenname! :toothy: But I can make the big "people gather here!" sign.

lathspell
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Okay, well I suppose if we're going to do little signs as well, one of the first things we'd have to figure out is how many people would actually do it...hmm...which would be rather difficult to ascertain...

Oklahoma
01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
OK. Anime Detour is adding a section to the programing book for photoshoots. Please see this for more details: http://forum.animedetour.com/viewtopic.php?t=1661

I have already listed the cosplay.com one.

XanaTenshi
01-30-2007, 10:39 AM
OK. Anime Detour is adding a section to the programing book for photoshoots. Please see this for more details: http://forum.animedetour.com/viewtopic.php?t=1661

I have already listed the cosplay.com one.

Thanks Oklahoma! :toothy:

Fenix42
01-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Okay, well I suppose if we're going to do little signs as well, one of the first things we'd have to figure out is how many people would actually do it...hmm...which would be rather difficult to ascertain...

I have no problem doing it :)

anime_wench
01-30-2007, 03:43 PM

I am not wild about making signs (I'm not against it, mind you.. just lazy.. haha!)... but if everyone wants to hold up small signs around a big sign, I'll go ahead and make one! So count me in!

And what, exactly, will these signs say? Should we have our online names on them, so people can finally put faces to names? (Just a thought..)

lathspell
01-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, definitely screennames should be the biggest part of it, and then you can decorate the rest of them however you want, maybe draw chibi versions of characters you're cosplaying as and/or just characters you like (and hey, if you choose to do that, nothing is wrong with stick figures. In fact, that's probably more amusing) Or just random scribbles, designs, colors, etc. Whatever you want, really. If you want it just your screen name on a piece of brown cardboard, that's fine too.

anime_wench
01-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Yeah, definitely screennames should be the biggest part of it, and then you can decorate the rest of them however you want, maybe draw chibi versions of characters you're cosplaying as and/or just characters you like (and hey, if you choose to do that, nothing is wrong with stick figures. In fact, that's probably more amusing) Or just random scribbles, designs, colors, etc. Whatever you want, really. If you want it just your screen name on a piece of brown cardboard, that's fine too.

Haha, but see, I know what going to happen.. I am going to show up with my little stick figure cardboard sign with my name on it and I will be the ONLY ONE there with my name on cardboard. lol!! ^_^

Fenix42
01-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Haha, but see, I know what going to happen.. I am going to show up with my little stick figure cardboard sign with my name on it and I will be the ONLY ONE there with my name on cardboard. lol!! ^_^

You never know until it's' too late, lol.

lathspell
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Hah, well one of the diseases that seem to follow cosplayers like the plague is procrastination (including me, although as my friend put it, is it really procrastination if you never do it?), so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Serria
01-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Lathspell: TRUE THAT! My soul is infested with that deadly procrastination virus. If I remember to make a sign... it'll be during the car ride down to the cities. XD

(or maybe I'll cheat and print off pretty pics of my characters! ^^;)

anime_wench
01-31-2007, 10:46 PM
You never know until it's' too late, lol.

Hehe.. I will tell you EXACTLY what will happen...

1) I don't make a small sign, and everyone shows up with spiffy 'This is my online name' signs that they proudly hold up for the photoshoot, while I humbly hide in the corner trying to strike a pose without a sign.

ooooooor!

2) I do make a small sign, and I show up to find everyone saying, 'I was too busy procrastinating on my costume to make a sign.' And I am all alone with my 'Anime_Wench' sign.

Hmmm, come to think of it, following that logic if I don't make a sign then no one will procrastinate and all costumes will be done on time... because of ME! And everyone will be completely in my debt! And you guys will buy me Starbucks! Yay! I like this plan! We'll do that!! ^_^

lathspell
01-31-2007, 11:59 PM
Hmmm, come to think of it, following that logic if I don't make a sign then no one will procrastinate and all costumes will be done on time... because of ME! And everyone will be completely in my debt! And you guys will buy me Starbucks! Yay! I like this plan! We'll do that!! ^_^

Hah, yes! And then we can take a picture of all of us waving our fabulous signs on our knees bowing with you standing in the middle. Wearing a crown. You need the crown or it just totally breaks the effect. We could steal one from a passing Princess Peach.

anime_wench
02-01-2007, 12:06 AM
Hah, yes! And then we can take a picture of all of us waving our fabulous signs on our knees bowing with you standing in the middle. Wearing a crown. You need the crown or it just totally breaks the effect. We could steal one from a passing Princess Peach.

I was sitting back nodding my head and smiling, taking in this glorious sight in my minds eye... and then it hit me... maybe she was being sarcastic?? hehehe! ^_^

lathspell
02-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Mwah, sarcastic?! :mfg: Never!!

CarolynCosplay
02-06-2007, 11:31 PM
badges work just fine!!

Tessceres
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
I agree with Carolyn Badges work just fine.

Akahime
02-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh. So no more signs with our screen names?

*tells to self* Tis okay. Didn't get half of what I was reading anyways.

Gothic_Catboy
02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
11am..? Well, unless you've got comfortable costumes, go right ahead and get into them early. I'll be fully in costume at 3pm ish.

So, I might be tooling around in a "Wangan Midnight" outfit... sans Nissan Fairlady Z.

CarolynCosplay
02-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, a photoshoot does imply costumes in some way, shape, or form. Silly Catboy.

Gothic_Catboy
02-21-2007, 05:52 PM
I could just wear the boobs... or would that be too awkward?

CarolynCosplay
02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Uhh.....

Gothic_Catboy
02-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I win.

Singe
02-28-2007, 10:56 AM
I could just wear the boobs... or would that be too awkward?
It may be awkward, but there is no such thing as really being awkward at Detour, is there? I'd at least find it funny. XD

Gothic_Catboy
02-28-2007, 05:06 PM
It may be awkward, but there is no such thing as really being awkward at Detour, is there?

Not bathing the entire time, and attempting to cover up the fact you haven't with an entire can of Axe deodorant.

What we learn from opening ceremonies.

anime_wench
03-01-2007, 01:10 AM
Not bathing the entire time, and attempting to cover up the fact you haven't with an entire can of Axe deodorant.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!! That made me laugh out loud. At work. Hahaha.. ^_^

Singe
03-01-2007, 09:14 AM

Lol. Is this a personal experience or just one as a witness?

Gothic_Catboy
03-01-2007, 11:58 PM
It was a skit at AD a few years ago by the head and the second in command at the time.

Fenix42
03-02-2007, 01:13 AM

Yeah, that's pretty bad. And I walked behind a few people who tried to do that last year, and failed to cover the B.O. 0_o

Singe
03-02-2007, 07:49 PM
It was a skit at AD a few years ago by the head and the second in command at the time.

Oh, okay...I don't generally go to opening ceremonies, so..yea...^.^

CarolynCosplay
03-08-2007, 09:41 PM
And It was part of the 2005 anime iowa opening ceremonies too!

Gothic_Catboy
03-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Anyways... I'm still working hard on my outfit... and working 7 days a week too. Stupid Ireland and ignored build plans. I'll get a few days off for vacation later.

lathspell
03-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Heh, I was gone for awhile again and boards are built up once again as well. So I take it we're not doing the individual signs? That's okay with me.

rainbow_dancer
03-22-2007, 09:02 PM
eh...the sign thing....still a thing or not? lol. --has supplies to make sign--

Master Gamer
03-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Dang, I won't be there Saturday. I was a ganguro on Friday. XD