PDA

View Full Version : Fuushigi Yugi Characters Call Back!!!!

Blaze
04-04-2003, 11:51 AM
This is a re-post of "Calling All Fuushigi Yugi Characters"

I wanted to let everyone know that 4 p.m. on Friday will be our meeting time, in the Charles Street Lobby (with the fountains)
as suggested by Hirukachan (I hope I spelled that right):thumbsup:

Anyway, the phot people are un-assure of the times, and I want to make sure this is alright. Thus far, we have a Priestess Miyaka, a Tasuki, Chichiri, schoolgril Miyaka, like 4 Nurikos:), a AMiboshi GO AMIBOSHI!, a chirico I believe, a Tatara and Suzano. I don't know if there was a Suzaku in the mix. I think that was everybody, if I missed anyone I apoligize. I'm still new at this kind of thing.

But, double characters are fine...and if anyone else finds other characters running around from FY, Bring them too! I'd like this to be a well done shoot if possible, but otherwise...PM me, or just reply to this post :D And see everyone in 5 months

UsagiNoSenshi
04-04-2003, 03:14 PM
HI! I might be able to drag a tasuki and nuriko with me, i don't know if they'd want to bring their old costumes with them or not!

dizzylizzy
04-05-2003, 01:09 PM
i'll be there. ^o^

Blaze
04-05-2003, 06:31 PM
Yeah! Go dizzy lizzy and usagi :)

Sakura
04-05-2003, 10:50 PM
If I have nothing else to wear, I have a Seiryuu no Miko costume that I could wear ^^; Maybe I can convince a friend to be Suzaku no Miko.

Hikaruchan
04-05-2003, 11:43 PM
As long as SM not scheduled for around the same time - I will be there probably in Nuriko.

Visage
04-06-2003, 03:09 AM
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to the boards and have plans to attend Otakon this year. I was hoping to stop in at the photo shoot if I had time (and managed to find the meeting place), as I will likely be bringing my Hotohori costume to Otakon (though it will probably be debuting in about a month). It won't be the traveling clothing or the "traditional" emperor garb he usually appears in, but an outfit he only wears in a few episodes. A few of my friends will be coming along as Fushigi Yuugi characters as well (Chichiri, Miaka, Nyan Nyan, and perhaps a Nakago). Would anyone mind if we stopped in and said "hello" to the rest of the FY cosplayers or is this a closed shoot? (I'm not too familiar with this procedure.) Thank you! :)

Edited for a typo.

Hikaruchan
04-06-2003, 10:06 AM
Visage,

The more the merrier! Bring all your friends to join in the shoot.

NeoLunaAngel
04-06-2003, 12:35 PM
My group of friends will be attending otakon this year and we have pretty decent FY costumes ^_^...can we join in?? We were in the program book last year on the inside front page!! I have to rework my staff for chichiri but would you mind if we came??

Thanks,
Anna

dizzylizzy
04-06-2003, 01:20 PM
join join join!!!! anyone can come! ^o^

Visage
04-06-2003, 02:27 PM
Thank you for the open invitation! Chances are we will be there, especially since with such a large group of FY characters gathering, I doubt we will have trouble finding it. ::grin::

Everyone seems so friendly. :) I can't wait to see everyone and their costumes at Otakon!

michanchan
04-06-2003, 08:53 PM
would anyone be frighten if I dressed up as one of the ghost ^_~. I could bring that costume back from retirement, but whatever, if you guys want a genbu in your crew, give me a shout out.

Blaze
04-06-2003, 10:33 PM
Michanchan, no problem :) A genbu warrior is cool with me, as for everyone else the Newbies shall I say, check out the other Thread "Calling All Fuushigi Yugi Characters, and on the 3rd page hirukachan has a website you can go to of the floor plans, we'll be on the bottom floor with fountains at 4 pm on Firday It's the Charles street Lobby, is that right hirukachan?

Hikaruchan
04-07-2003, 03:43 AM
Its on the corner of Charles and Pratt Streets - so not 100% sure which it name it uses. But it is the lowest level's lobby

Tora
04-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Ah :( I don't think I'll be able to make it to that one. I've got FFX-2 at "2-3pm" ..and Nuriko takes alotta purple hairspray and alotta time. Plus IY's at 7.. that'd be a little tight for me :(

Take alot of pics for me!!!!!!!!

Blaze
04-08-2003, 04:25 PM
I know I'll be taking alot of pictures :)
Sorry you can't join up with us, but if you want to just show up and take pictures, why not do that??? Be nice to meet you too there Tora :)

Tora
04-08-2003, 06:31 PM
Blaze - sounds like a plan! I'm sure at least a few of my friends will dress as FY characters, so I'll be there! ^_^

Blaze
04-08-2003, 08:10 PM
Do You know who they plan to dress up as??
Hehe.. I've got alot of Nuriko's :) Any Tamahome's, or Suboshi's, I think those are the two I'm missing at the moment. I mean besides the Seiryu Seven. However, we apparently have both a Suzaku and a Seiryu, pretty snazzy stuff :).

Alexia Ikyu
04-09-2003, 01:05 AM
I don't know anyone in this thread, but if you want another Amiboshi, I'm in. ^_^ I do the second costume of Amiboshi, after he has amnesia and I can play his tune on my flute also. :D

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=31909

FASquall
04-09-2003, 08:07 AM
Hey,
I'm planning on doing a Tasuki costume and since doubles are allowed It'd be awesome to join you guys for the photoshoot and hopefully find someone to hang out with at the con. Anyway, where and what time are we meeting for it?

Blaze
04-10-2003, 05:24 PM
If we read the beginning of the thread we would know the answer to that wouldn't we?? :)

We're meeting at 4 p.m on Friday in the Charles Street Lobby where all the Fountains are. Cya There, I think there's like 4 Tasuki's now :) Myself included.

Hey ALexia! My friend Hotohori74 is probably gonna give you a big hug and ask for plenty of Pictures, she loves Amiboshi :)

Visage
04-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Perhaps the two Amiboshi could play a duet on their flutes. ::grin::

Blaze
04-11-2003, 11:34 AM
That would be such a cute Picture :)

Everybody Kosher on times and Location now??

Alexia Ikyu
04-11-2003, 03:09 PM
As long as it's easy music. :crylaugh: If the times are the times at the top there that you posted, then I'm cool.

Blaze
04-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Well, I mean if we just take pictures of you. We wouldn't hear the music anyways :). It the long run it would be a amusement, and say that there was someone who could play the flute like Amiboshi that would be awesome. But if you couldn't do it, we'd still admire you're willingness to try ;)

Visage
04-11-2003, 09:04 PM
Didn't mean to make you feel put on the spot there, Alexia, and I apologize if you were uncomfortable with it. You wouldn't even have to play if you didn't want to. :) If you felt like jamming to a Beethoven piece, that would be okay, too. ::grin:: I play the piano, so I understand that it isn't as easy to play an instrument as some people make it out to be. Actually, I once tried to get a sound out of a flute and failed miserably (not even a squeak). It can also be intimidating to get up in front of a crowd.

As a fellow instrumentalist, I just think it's great that both Amiboshi so far actually know how to play their instruments (and it looks like they will both be bringing them to the convention)! Blaze is 100% correct: It will make for great pictures.

Alexia Ikyu
04-14-2003, 02:24 AM
My major instrument is the Tuba. Yes, the huge horn! I'm not very good at the flute... at all. :crylaugh:

Andry
04-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Heh, luckily I'm doing Amiboshi's other custume, so we won't have too many doubles in that sense.

A duet would be great, although what we would actually play is another matter entirely. I have stacks of anime sheet music laying around, so I could drag them to the con if you're interested. No duets, though :(

Blaze
04-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Well, if there's something in paticular you would like to play, then i would suggest you could just bring the one. Taking around a bunch of sheet music might just be a hassle. But Yea, if there's something you would like to play for us, bring it along. If there's one thing I've learned from last year. Don't bring what you won't use. :) Even if it is sheet music. (I was colorguard) So I could jsut beat people senseless with a giant metal pole :)

dizzylizzy
04-14-2003, 08:20 PM
blaze...... :::Glomps fellow guardie:: and i shall bring my silk pole too... and rifle too. lol

Ryouko
04-15-2003, 09:17 AM
A friend of mine just pointed me to this thread.....I think I could drag my Suboshi costume along for the photo shoot on Friday. :)

(weee, Amiboshi's! 2 of them!)

Hikaruchan
04-15-2003, 12:03 PM
Yaaa, Boshi twins (or would that be triplets since 2 Amiboshis for our Suboshi?)

Blaze
04-15-2003, 12:15 PM
Hmmm..., I think I should be bringing a few extra rolls of film this year:)

3 aren't going to be enough. I think one roll is going to go to jsut this shoot :) :: excited :: Yea Yea Yea this is going to be so much fun :)

Hikaruchan
04-15-2003, 12:24 PM
I am glad memory stick prices have gone down - as I will have to get a few more and a spare battery before Otakon.

Blaze
04-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Pictures good :D *grins and does a minacle laugh* "Excellent"

dizzylizzy
04-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hikaruchan
I am glad memory stick prices have gone down - as I will have to get a few more and a spare battery before Otakon.

^o^ amen to that!!!!

i really am excited abuot this group guys... more than i am about the final fantasies.... i have no pix of me with any FY characters while in my nuriko costume. ::sniffle:: plus, everyone seems so nice and friendly. i can't wait!

michanchan
04-16-2003, 10:19 PM
it'd be great to see that awsome Tama-chan (kitty) Cosplayer... her costume rocked! ^_^

Hikaruchan
04-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Tama-chan is Heather, and last I knew she was retiring from cosplay. She has sold some of her costumes, but haven't seen that one on the auction block.

Blaze
04-19-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah Go Tama!

SuboshiBoy
04-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Awww gosh darn,...I am cosplaying on saturday as Suboshi along with the WHOLE Seiryuu cast,...(hopefully if I can find a boy amiboshi) and on friday I am prolly gonna be Shuichi DAH Suboshi takes a lot of work cuz of the arms and elgs but I'll see if I can do something bout it

Blaze
04-22-2003, 10:23 AM
OOOOOHHH Suboshi, you have to come !!! And don't worry about finding a Amiboshi we have 2 already!:D Please Please Please come join us!

Love your avatar ;)

ANd bring all you Seiryu people with you, we have plenty of Suzaku people...we need some Sieryu. I even have some Genbu people in this group too :) Please come join us

Nietsche
04-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Wow..you guys have enough Amiboshis and Suboshis...so if I make iyt to Otakon, then I shall bringeth my youthful Tokaki outfit (Byakko teleporting seishi)

Visage
04-22-2003, 11:44 AM
It would be great to have some Byakko representatives, so hopefully you will be able to make it. Not remembering what Tokaki looked like offhand, I took a quick peek in the gallery and the costume is well made, Nietsche; you did an excellent job with it. (For some reason I can always remember what Subaru looks like, but not Tokaki.) Though it's off-topic, I have to say that you have a very, very well-done Claude C. Kenni costume. Star Ocean is one of the best RPGs ever!

Blaze
04-22-2003, 05:31 PM
Awesome Nietsche!!

Your costumes are too cool :), I don't think we have any Byakko people ;) Love It, Love it Yes come join the party. By the way love your Suboshi costume

Schu
04-23-2003, 01:38 AM
ah, I'm tempted to come with Nuriko, but I don't think I'll have time ;_; and I got my gauntlets and jewelry done, and no time to wear them. But, I'll make sure and come take plenty of great photos for you all.

Inamichan
04-24-2003, 01:39 AM
I'm wanting to know if anyone's going as OVA Nuriko... ^^;; Becauseee...that's my costume. ^^ And if I get there on time on Friday, I'll be sure to show up! XD

Blaze
04-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Tell you the truth, I have no clue. People have jsut mentioned that they are going as Nuriko, so I would assume it's either that big dress thing, or the TV version. I only know there's like 5 nurikos by know if not more. But hey you're welcome to join us by all means. :)

Hikaruchan
04-24-2003, 07:00 PM
I have two Nuriko costumes, but planning on wearing artbook one instead of my TV one
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=35617&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500

dizzylizzy
04-25-2003, 12:26 AM
My friend in my nuriko costume (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26344&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500)

it's a version of the artbook also. ^o^ i only made parts of it.... tamahomegurl made the top... and i luv it.

Blaze
04-25-2003, 10:47 AM
ALright well now that that's settled. There now you know there Inamichan :) Glad to have you with us:)

I love your Duel sig. dizzylizzy, did you make it?

dizzylizzy
04-25-2003, 11:33 AM
just thought that i'd give you guys something to chuckle about.

last nite..... my last post was on this thread and then i went to bed. tell me why i had a dream that otakon was on a ship, it was sinking, i was late getting ready for the photo shoot.... and when i do get ready i can't find half my stuff (and then realizing that i have half of my other costumes too). lol then i see Hikaruchan (your pic was the last thing i saw. ^o^) in her nuriko and she was the only one at the shoot. O.o beautiful eh?

i love con dreams. ::Sarcam::

blaze- yeppers.... i made the ddr duel sig. there are 3 others on this board with it. it's a long running joke.... lol about how much i'm going to kick their butts in ddr when we get together. ::Evil laugh::

Blaze
04-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Love DDR!!!!!!, even though I'm only able to do like 5-6 feet on standard I am getting better :)

michanchan
04-27-2003, 07:20 PM
it's a possiblility... that i might not do Tomite, but i'll be making Takiko's School Outfit (gotta be the same as Suzuno's... they're bestfriends -_-). But still... GENBU REP!

Mara
04-27-2003, 10:06 PM
Do you need a Hotohori? I didn't see any listed on here, but I could have missed one.

Visage
04-28-2003, 12:53 AM
::raises hand:: I think I'm the only one here, but I'll be doing one of Hotohori's alternate emperor outfits (not the one with the box hat he appears in most frequently and not his traveling clothes).

If you want to come to the shoot and bring whatever you have, I'm pretty sure Blaze wouldn't mind. (I only use Blaze's name because Blaze started the thread.) :) I think the point of the get-together is to have fun and take lots of pictures! ::grin::

I believe we are still missing one of the Suzaku seishi, but if I'm not mistaken, I think we're missing Tamahome.

Edited for a typo.

Hikaruchan
04-28-2003, 03:22 AM
michanchan

The only time Takiko shown she is wearing more traditional garb
http://www.angelfire.com/pe/fyjogomisterioso/Genbuno.html
has the only pic I know where you can actually see some of her.

Inamichan
04-28-2003, 11:17 PM
Ooo, Genbu peoples. *_* I'd really love to make a costume for my RP Genbu seishi (Inami), but.. ._.; I don't think I could pull it together in time this year, nyo. Oh well, maybe next year. ^^;; Here's me in my costume, by the by:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=21477&papass=&sort=2&thecat=3666

(Minus the hair, bracelets which are being worked on, and shoes)

Hikaruchan
04-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Inamichan,

Bring whatever you can get together, like the Nuriko you are working on. The more the merrier.

Blaze
04-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Yeha I think we are missing a Tamahome, but someone said that they were bringing a whole group of SUzaku people, and then Suboshiboy said he'd be bringing a bunch of Seiryu people. So I'm not sure who we're missing, if anything we're missing a Mitsukaki.

I know we have a Chirico, and like 6 of everybody else and a suzaku and Seiryu, and Genbu people. It'd be nice if we could see some Biyako people too, but I don't recall if you ever see any in the series. Yeah, whatever people are able to make bring anyway. Double or nothing you still get lots of pictures and praise at the con anyways :) Not to mention from your fellow FY people

Ain't that right?

Visage, don't worry about using my name ;) just as long as you don't give me a bad rep it's cool

Hikaruchan
04-29-2003, 11:18 AM
Well, hopefully Nietsche can come so will have a Byakko represented. I know a couple people with Subaru outfits, but right now none of them are planning on coming :(

Visage
04-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Blaze

Visage, don't worry about using my name ;) just as long as you don't give me a bad rep it's cool

::grin:: Thanks, Blaze. I wasn't sure who was in charge of this, but since you seem to reply to most people and also started the thread, I was guessing it was your brainchild. ;)

It's going to be a good time. I can't wait to get lots of pictures of everyone, although I have a feeling the Miaka we're bringing is going to take twice the pictures the rest of our group will take put together! Theoretically, I will also have pictures in the gallery soon, since these costumes will be making their debut in the next few weeks. :)

Blaze
04-29-2003, 04:52 PM
Yep! As a matter of fact I am the mastermind of it all *throws a cloak over herself to look mysterious* Or something like that...

Well, I'll bring a couple extra rolls of film this year the three wasn't enough :) I bet my friends cyankirby and Hotohori will probably spend most of their thimne hugging people and telling them how cute they are more than taking pics :) (you know it's true you two)

I'd love to see your gallery when it's up.

lumichan
05-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi! This is my first post here, but I saw this thread and I couldn't resist. If you need another Hotohori (in his 'traveling outfit'), I'll be there if you're willing to put up with me. ^_^

Blaze
05-04-2003, 03:34 PM
More the Merrier :) Come and join us !

michanchan
05-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Maybe I should just go as tomite then, The takiko outfit i'll have to improvise, but she must have had gone to the same school as Suzuno, and their uniforms would be the same right? I mean their dads are bestfriends and i think i heard (or maybe i'm hearing things and going crazy) that the girls were also bestfriends... i dunno im confused on which genbu to be

lumichan
05-12-2003, 10:47 PM
Actually, Takiko and Suzuno wouldn't have gone to school together...but they probably did go to the same school so it's safe to assume they had the same uniforms. :P

Watase's new "Genbu Kaiden" manga focuses on the two...if you're interested, you might be able to find some info....

....here.
http://195.230.175.217/~japan/Genbu/Charakter_e.htm

*shuts up* ^_^;

Hikaruchan
05-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Hey, thanks for posting that link - finally get to see Takiko clearly and see the colors of her kimono top

Visage
05-13-2003, 05:01 AM
Good news! My Hotohori "alternate emperor clothing" has been completed! Pictures will be coming soon, probably after the convention debut this weekend... ::grin::

michanchan
05-13-2003, 07:59 PM
O_O lumichan... i love you *CLING*

Blaze
05-14-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Visage
Good news! My Hotohori "alternate emperor clothing" has been completed! Pictures will be coming soon, probably after the convention debut this weekend... ::grin::

Yeah go Visage!!!

My Tasuki's almost done, (working on the cape now)
I'm saving the fan work for after I Finish my work on KH Cloud ;)

michanchan
05-18-2003, 06:48 PM
i was wondering if anyone has some process pics of their costumes... ^^;;; i'm a tad bit curious on it's turning out.

Blaze
05-18-2003, 08:04 PM
Well, I don't have a scanner, I'd like to post some but can't. :(

My cape to my jacket is made, I just have to check the measurements and put it on otheriwse. The fan has to wait until later. Arcanine has to come first when I'm done with my jacket;)

dizzylizzy
05-19-2003, 01:46 AM
mine's finished.... it's in my gallery somewhere.......lol.... my friend beth is wearing it. i posted a link earlier in this thread.

blaze~~~ did your signature thing get worked out??? ^^

Blaze
05-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Yes it did !!!!!!!!!

*Bows down to Lizzy* I'll be giving you a big hug at the con for it too :) I have a Cloud one I want to get up here too, but I'm still working on it.

Blaze
05-19-2003, 08:57 AM
Why doesn't it show all the time????? *puzzled* I swear my this site has a temper about when it shows my sig., even if I do check the box, but the pictures are in my gallery if you want to check them out.

dizzylizzy
05-19-2003, 07:23 PM
when you reply to a thread, you have to "check" the show signature option. ::looks uner the reply box:: it'll only show once per page though. ^^

Visage
05-21-2003, 11:20 AM
I am pleased to announce our Fushigi Yuugi group won an award last weekend!

I have pictures of both my Touga costume (that was made last year) and my Hotohori costume I will be wearing to Otakon in my gallery. Although I gave credit to fansview for the pictures in my gallery, I wanted to emphasize that I am not stealing their bandwidth because I did not link directly to them. I also fully plan on changing them once I get the pictures from the trip. :)

That Hotohori costume is *comfortable*. I can't wait to see everyone at Otakon! :)

dizzylizzy
05-21-2003, 07:38 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!! i luv the costume!

i can't wait to see it at otakon. : )

Blaze
05-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Visage That costume rocks !!

Ummm....my Tasuki is not as impressive, but hey I'm trying my best and I'm doing it all by MYSELF ;) *looks evilly to friend chris*

he's not doing squat on his...

Visage
05-23-2003, 06:49 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!! i luv the costume!
i can't wait to see it at otakon. : )

Thanks, dizzylizzy! I can't wait to meet all you guys, and you're dressing as Nuriko, probably my favorite FY character. :)

Visage That costume rocks !!

Ummm....my Tasuki is not as impressive, but hey I'm trying my best and I'm doing it all by MYSELF *looks evilly to friend chris*

Thanks for the compliments, but I *never* could have done it by myself. Quite a few people worked pretty hard on that one. Thumbs up to you for electing to do yours on your own. I don't have enough guts to make a costume completely on my own yet. :) I mostly do hand-stitching (which included all the cording on that Hotohori costume). I'm sure yours will look great when it's completed! ::grin::

Blaze
05-25-2003, 01:42 PM
There's nothing wrong with hand-stiching, it just takes longer. I did all of my jacket for Tasuki by hand....and had bloody aching fingers for a few days after each time. Tip to all if you sew a trenchcoat by hand it hurts!!! :( And I only did the alternations of it too !!! THIMBLES, ALWAYS USE THIMBLES!

I know what you mean about being afraid to do something by yourself. This is my first time doing it by myself too, but I think it's coming alright so far :)

Visage
05-27-2003, 07:40 PM
There's nothing wrong with hand-stiching, it just takes longer. I did all of my jacket for Tasuki by hand....and had bloody aching fingers for a few days after each time. Tip to all if you sew a trenchcoat by hand it hurts!!! And I only did the alternations of it too !!! THIMBLES, ALWAYS USE THIMBLES!

Actually, I'm so miserable with the machine, it usually takes me *less* time to hand-stitch things. ;) Any thick materials can end up hurting your fingers, though. Scarily enough, I stepped on a needle and broke it off into my foot while working on my Hotohori costume (which I found a much better picture of for the gallery), so I literally bled for the darn thing. ;)

I know what you mean about being afraid to do something by yourself. This is my first time doing it by myself too, but I think it's coming alright so far

That's great! I can't wait to see it! :)

Kurenai
05-28-2003, 06:36 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you'd mind another schoolgirl Miaka, a Tama (in his black fuku with the yellow collar) a Chichiri and a possible Hotohori?

Blaze
05-28-2003, 11:16 PM
More The Merrier!!!

YEAH GO FUUSHIGI!!!
I think that we're one of the more bigger groups than everyone else, other than like the FF, or the Kingdom Hearts...So many people YEAH!! ;)

Thanx for the vote of confidence there Visage!! I worked on it alot today, another good day of work and it'll be done :) *Very Proud*

Hikaruchan
08-22-2003, 03:30 AM
My Otakon Fushigi Yuugi group pics are now online at http://www.icosplay.com/otak2k3/ot2k3p3.html

Blaze
08-22-2003, 11:59 AM
I LOVE THOSE!!!!

Great camera work Hikaruchan!!! Where were alot of those other Fushigi people?? :blubber: I wanted to take pics of everybody....well hopefully I can print them off so I can put them in my photo album :)

Hikaruchan
08-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Actually, looks like there was also another Ami/Suboshi from someone elses pics, and an Ova Nuriko and a couple of Seiryuu no Miko - I missed them. I was trying to get pics of any FY people I saw if had camera handy.

Visage
08-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Wonderful pictures, Hikaruchan! :) I saw a lot of the other FY folk wandering the halls as well. It was great to meet and talk with everybody! Hopefully I'll see you all next year, too! ::grin::

Chiri
08-24-2003, 07:58 AM
OI! Blaze...remember the OVA 2 Tasuki you met...? :D *maniacal laughter*

"Your fan is better than miiine! *both of us poke each other with fans*"

lumichan
08-24-2003, 05:26 PM
Wow Hikaruchan, Great pictures! ^_^ I got a bunch of pretty amusing ones from the FY shoot too, they take up about half the pictures I took. (Or, the ones that came out anyway...it seems the Charles Street Lobby is the only place bright enough for my little disposable cameras to come up with decent pictures) I got about half of them scanned so far so I'll have them up somewhere soon. :D

Blaze
08-24-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah!! Want to see more pictures!!

Alot of mine have some bad glare in them so they didn't come out as well as I hopes, but I still did get some good ones.

Chiri
08-25-2003, 07:00 AM
Well, if ye did not notice, I am (or was?) zat Tasuki...hehe ^__^

*Chiri's reaction to when she found out that one of her TV Tasuki buds was a member at cosplay.com too* o_o' 'EY!

Kouji and I have lotsa pictures too, they all came out really great..but Kouji's scanner ish not working v_v that's what i've heard like a week ago, it may be working now i just dun kno :D

Blaze
08-25-2003, 10:58 PM
Hurry!! Must put pics up!!!Want to see! I haven't found any pics of us attacking the yan-yan, that I want a picture of!

I was great to meet you too, it was jsut funny to see that all the Tasuki's this year were girls, are we big Bishie lovers or what?

Loved yours and Koji's costumes they were quite awesome!

lumichan
08-25-2003, 11:14 PM
Hurry!! Must put pics up!!!Want to see! I haven't found any pics of us attacking the yan-yan, that I want a picture of!

I got a shot of that. ^^;; Unfortunately all the Tasukis didn't fit in the one I took, but it's still rather amusing. ^_^

Chiri
08-26-2003, 07:23 AM
Agh, I have about two of those that Kouji took...one of all of us running and Nyan-Nyan running away..and then us beating her up with our fans...x_x *has no scanner, of course*

Blaze
08-26-2003, 06:42 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Maybe someone else on the net spotted us and took pics, maybe we should make a thread about it

Chiri
08-27-2003, 06:41 AM
Hmm..it is worth a try ^_^;;

I have a digital camera...*is thinking about taking a pic of the pics..but then rethinking the fact that they might come out in crappy condition with a glare, etc*

Chiri
08-28-2003, 08:55 AM
I decided to take a digital pic of the pictures in my photo album, cut them down, make them a little brighter, and walla! This is the best quality that I can get them to, lol ^____^

Every time I look at the pic where we're chasing down Nyan-Nyan, I can't help but laugh. I mean, every single time I stare at it and relive the moment, LOL

Here ya go, Tasuki-buddy... Wasn't it so much fun ^_^;;? Mwahahahaha! We got revenge on Nyan-Nyan--FINALLY! (Now I can't wait for BAAF, so Tasuki can run rampant with Kouji and Chichiri and wreak some havoc!)

The Tasukis: "...GET HER!" *All chase after*
Nyan-Nyan: O_O *run*

Chiri
08-29-2003, 08:26 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Koujihasbluehair/FushigiYuugiCosplay

Mostly Fushigi Yuugi Cosplay, there are other cosplay pictures there as well. ^_^ Keep checking back, we're adding pictures more and more (we took A LOT)

Blaze
08-29-2003, 10:22 AM
I love the Nyan fight pics, my side hurts now...
That was so much fun, I was sad I wasn't told about the other Fuushigi shoot, until practically the last minute though, I could've taken more pics, and beat up the Nyan some more :blubber:

lumichan
08-29-2003, 11:12 AM
Aw, I wish I could have made it to the second one, darn TMR concert running late. @__@; Nice pictures though! ^_^

Alexia Ikyu
08-29-2003, 04:12 PM
Damn it! Sad thing is... I saw you guys and walked by IN costume. I couldn't find the group nor bothered to ask really. :lost:

Blaze
08-29-2003, 07:16 PM
What??? You passed us by, I only had 1 Suboshi and that was it, I wanted the 2 Amiboshi too
:(...........

Visage
08-30-2003, 01:44 PM
Yes, the Nyan Nyan fights were awesome! I wish I had also known about the second FY shoot, especially since I had changed from Rose into my Hotohori costume for the Masquerade. Unfortunately, we were missing our Tasuki, Nakago, and Nyan Nyan on Saturday, since two of them had other costumes for skit purposes and the other could not attend. As much as I love the costume, I don't think Hotohori will be coming with me to next year's Otakon. A half-mile walk in all those robes (5-6 layers) was a little much.

Chiri
08-31-2003, 09:42 AM
O_O;; Wow...and I thought I was about ready to pass out in my costume XP

Blaze
09-05-2003, 03:36 PM
Yeah Arcanine here nearly passed out when I got back to my hotel room after like 5 hours. Ugh! All suede and batting and quilting, gets to ya after awhile. But I was quite comfortable in my Tasuki costume. Except people were after me and were like "Sir, Sir...Can I take your picture sir?" So of course I would never respond untril they came and caught me. It was quite interesting. :) :hafha:

Visage
09-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Yeah Arcanine here nearly passed out when I got back to my hotel room after like 5 hours. Ugh! All suede and batting and quilting, gets to ya after awhile. But I was quite comfortable in my Tasuki costume. Except people were after me and were like "Sir, Sir...Can I take your picture sir?" So of course I would never respond untril they came and caught me. It was quite interesting. :) :hafha:

If you were mistaken for a guy, that's the best sort of cross-play! :) Since even in the anime, Hotohori initially gets himself mistaken for a woman (and is flattered by being called a beautiful woman), I don't tend to be mistaken for a man in robes.

For all it's worth, the Arcanine costume was AWESOME. (I'm sure it was very hot inside that thing.) How long did that take you to make?

Blaze
09-07-2003, 07:59 PM
Rough scale 10 months, only because I did work on like 6 other costumes, Tasuki included and making Cloud from Kingdom Hearts. He's still not really done yet, my goal was to have him on all fours, but I made the front legs too short, so I''m taking him to Anime Boston, and he'll hopefully be walking on all fours and have a full mane, instead of a half-ass one. And fix the tail UGH! it was so annoying because I kept kicking it and having it drag on the ground. But I loved getting the praise!!

I was sooo Proud!

Visage
09-11-2003, 07:17 PM
Rough scale 10 months, only because I did work on like 6 other costumes, Tasuki included and making Cloud from Kingdom Hearts. He's still not really done yet, my goal was to have him on all fours, but I made the front legs too short, so I''m taking him to Anime Boston, and he'll hopefully be walking on all fours and have a full mane, instead of a half-ass one. And fix the tail UGH! it was so annoying because I kept kicking it and having it drag on the ground. But I loved getting the praise!!

I was sooo Proud!

That's still not bad time. It took me three months (and assistance) to finish my Rose costume (which I STILL haven't managed to get pics scanned in for, but I will be doing that ASAP). I have the material for my next project, but I haven't started working on it yet. I can't wait to see picture of the 100% perfect Arcanine, especially since the one you weren't satisfied with was still incredible! You have every reason to be proud of your work, and it will be great to see how well your future projects turn out! :)

Blaze
09-13-2003, 08:50 PM
There's an Anime Festival in town here this next weekend, and they have a costume contest. :bigtu: I'm going to enter both my costume's and win(maybe) I'd be up aganist cyankirby and Kandelon, that alone gives me doubts to getting anything :sulk: ...I figure I'll hopefully have the time, and extra fabric to put Arcanine on all four feet. That I would love to show to the judges. Forget the mane though, that I no way have the time to do. But I'll get it done.

Hey like the new sig and avatar?? Very proud to have made them myself this time yes !

Aya's Rose
02-07-2004, 09:39 PM
*feels stupid* I just joined here a couple weeks ago. I actually just posted a new thread asking if anyone was cosplaying from Fushigi Yuugi. Then realized there was probably more than one page of topics. I'm also going to be going to a Soul Calibur2 Cosplay shoot but they're having one on saturday as well. So I could make it there if you want. I'll be cosplaying as Miaka in the dress that looks slightly tattered and has sheer sleeves going down to the floor. I think it's an artbook pic, but I'm not sure. As of right now it's just me but I might be able to rope a friend into being someone with me. ^_^