PDA

View Full Version : [Recasted Sins: FMA] Anyone tried it?

Sako-chan
01-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I just saw the artwork after looking at a Sloth!Winry, and I have fallen in loooove with Greed!Hughes. I'll admit right here, right now, I've never gotten into FMA. I've watched a few episodes, thought those I saw kicked hard monkey, but never managed to catch it all. However, through the internet and those few episodes, I'm gathering on what the characters are like, and what's pretty much going on. It's still not all there, like a bit of remaining confusion about Envy and the other Sins, but I'm working on it.

Anywho, this'll be my first cosplay, aside from my MAJORLY Ghetto Team Rocket outfit last year. -shudder- Any tips before I excusion out on this? Maybe a recommendation to stay away since I have no prior sewing or craft expieriance? x3 I don't think I could get it commissioned because of the dark reference. oo; What do you think? I'd also like to see some other Recasted cosplays. ^^ They make me smile.

Oh, here's the link to the Recasted series, just in case you haven't seen it. http://hime1999.livejournal.com/13143.html

Hebimaru
01-28-2007, 12:10 AM
As far as I can tell, those're only fan art. I haven't heard of any recasted series. Sorry if you already know... Just thought I'd point it out. ^-^

Sako-chan
01-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I know. I was just referring to the group of pictures as a little 'series'. ^^

theleaningelm
01-28-2007, 12:56 AM
Ooh~! Are you a fan of hime's~? It's hard to tell w/ the iPod-ish treatment of the imagines, but I think Greed!Hughes' outfit (that's the one you're going for, yes?) is a combination of the standard Amestrian uniform (http://bestanime.co.kr/newAniData/HNY_img/img/HAGANE%2B%2B%2B%2B/HAGANE%2B%2B%2B%2Bimg166.jpg) and Greed's black form (http://bestanime.co.kr/newAniData/HNY_img/img/HAGANE%2B%2B%2B%2B/HAGANE%2B%2B%2B%2Bimg163.jpg) with plenty of artistic license. You might want to search for issues and tips people have with the military costume.

Err, not to confuse you more, but the Sins are also different between the manga and the anime. Part of it has to do with differences in origins, but three of the homunculi have completely different identities between canons.

Blasphemy Blue
01-28-2007, 12:34 PM
FMA anime is like.... A fanfiction of the manga, but still a very very good fanfiction! Unlike Hellsing, where the fanfiction anime is reeeaaally bad compared to the manga. Recasted is a cool set of costumes, though. I'm dying to do one sometime this year, but the other costumes are a bit too much at the moment. I'd recommend looking at some regular homonculi costumes to get a feel for the fabric and methods, but otherwise it's really just your creative interpretation.

theleaningelm
01-28-2007, 02:26 PM
FMA anime is like.... A fanfiction of the manga, but still a very very good fanfiction!

Unlike the OVAs. XD;;

Blasphemy Blue
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
XD The OVAs make me squee.

theleaningelm
01-28-2007, 02:39 PM
omg, the Kids OVA. X333 So not accurate to canon, but so cute nonetheless. XD

Quarab58
01-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I wanted to steal the Lust!Roy from that X3

stafffighter
01-28-2007, 09:21 PM
That's one of my favorite fan series, I am so tempted to do EnvyAl! so I can go around with an evil grin on my face.:angel2:

Sako-chan
01-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Lust!Roy is hawt. 83 Sloth!Winry is pretty. I might attempt that, too. I've got a selection of FMA ideas now, including the highly probable Wrath. I think this will be mostly license, but I can kind of see where the jacket ends and a chair begins. @@; Not much of a detailed reference, but I'll do my best. I may be making my Boyfriend be Hughes and I'll go as the pretty, Slothy Winry.

Misarylane
02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
OMG i love sloth!winry she looks so pretty!!!