PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem Cosplay

Dark Vision
08-17-2002, 03:54 AM
I think i found a new cosplay costume to do but not too sure if its a good one to do.

While mastering Super Smash Bros. Melee, my friend and I unlocked Marth and Roy from Fire Emblem. From adqueate research, we found that Marth was a general character from the old Fire Emblem games, and probably the character Mars from the anime, and Roy was a character from the upcoming Game Boy Advance game of Fire Emblem. (My friend wants to be Marth and I wanna be Roy, happens to be our favorite SSBM characters ^_^ )

Since Fire Emblem never really came out to America, I was wondering if we would even be recognized as fire emblem cosplayers or recognized at all?

Just wondering what i'm getting myself into.
*nows goes plays more smash bros. XP

Nietsche
08-17-2002, 08:22 AM
You should be fine!
Smash Brothers itself should suffice for recognition

BabySnowLeopard
08-17-2002, 08:30 AM
Most people I talk to have never heard of Fire Emblem ^_^'
But I knew a few ppl who were, back in the day, huge Fire Emblem fans... ahhh *sigh* I wish the game had been translated X_x and the anime had been finished. =P
I, for one, would love to see Mars or Roy (or any of the others =P they're all cute) and even considered it myself ^o^ lol!

~Kie

Celine
08-17-2002, 11:01 AM
There was a Marth cosplayer at Otakon this year. Now, I really haven't played too much Smash Brothers, but I did play Fire Emblem. So I really appreciated someone doing a cool character like that! And... if you are worried about recognition, all of my friends who've played Smash Brothers recognized him without any problem. You're probably more likely to be recognized as Smash Brothers characters than as Fire Emblem, but I'm sure people will know who you are.

Oshi
08-17-2002, 04:59 PM
I plan on having a Roy done by next Otakon. Roy rules ^_^

And by the way, Fire Emblem 6 (the one with Roy) is in fact coming to America... I forget the date though... I think this winter O.o;

Dark Vision
08-18-2002, 04:00 AM
Cool....it looks like all my money and time won't go to waste. Go fire emblem cosplay!!!... or Super Smash Bros Cosplay, any wayz look around next Anime Expo for kickin Roy (will be using poses from Smash Bros. ^_^ ).

O yea, Fire Emblem 6, already playing it already, kicks butt, recommend it to anyone.

Marth
08-19-2002, 08:55 PM
Dark Vision, I was thinking of going as Marth too, he's my fave in SSBM, my friend also wanted to go as Roy, Iswear this is a coincidence. ^_^'

Anyways, I wanted to know how you're planning to create Marth's Falchion sword and/or Roy's Sword of Seals.

BTW, Thanks to Oshi for the news on the American release of Fire Emblem for GBA! :D

Dark Vision
08-20-2002, 05:55 AM
Hey Marth, the character Marth is cool too, but I like red hair and yea Marth should be the taller one of the two so Roy just has to be me.

In terms of the swords, I was thinking wood or plexiglass of a combination of both. I'm liking the idea of plexiglass or whatever plastic I can find since it would be weigh less and it'll easier to do planned action air poses, hehehehe. But after making my wooden water blade from zero skill, i developed a nack for cutting wooden weapons so it depends cost and time. Right now I'm learning all the skills needed to make armor swords etc.

Hey you live in San Diego, how werid so do I, lets talk some more. Email me or something.

----------------------
*dancing blade fire strike

Marth
08-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Thanks a lot for the tips on sword craftsmanship ^_^

so you live in SD? cool! maybe we'll see eachother @ the SD Comic Con 2003! :D

Kusanagi
09-07-2002, 02:57 AM
You KNOW I'll be there, Marth!

Chosuke
09-13-2002, 01:32 PM
Speaking of Marth cosplay,does anyone know where i can get good pictures of him aside from SSM?

I mean,I could sketch them out and such but I would really like to get a char design sketch,or even a full body picture..anything..x.x;

And whenever I search..I just get Martha stewart o.o;

elfinder
08-25-2003, 08:38 PM
I want to cosplay Ninian from the Gameboy Advanced game Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken

Only I've seen two pics of her...... one is kinda small and the other is group shot that shows her head... he costume seems to have a lot of detail..... so I'm kinda reluctant to make it with so few refference pictures.......

Catpaw
08-25-2003, 08:39 PM
I'm doing Roy (SSBM - Red & Gold & normal), Marth (Normal, black, red & white)... That's all I know for now... *Runs into a SSBM battle as Roy in gold*

PikminLink
08-26-2003, 12:59 AM
not much people heard of fire emblem...but if you make a marth or roy outfit, then people who played SSBM will recognize you^^

...im making a marth outfit too ^____^

SynVanSiWes
08-27-2003, 11:58 PM
And all us SSBM freaks know it's from Fire Emblem originally even if we haven't played the game. But yeah you will definitely get recognized. I always take pictures of the Marths I see. There's never enough Roys though. Roy in gold is pretty cool.

elfinder
05-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Well Fire Emblem the FLamming sword is out now! I've played it and it's losta fun. So now I plan to do some Fire Emblem costumes!

I am planning to cosplay Ninian and Priscilla! Both costumes are great!

Yeah finding images can be tough, you gotta dig deep through the net lol. Japanese fanart really comes in handy though!

Anyone else planning to cosplay someone from Fire Emblem? I am gonna either be Ninian or Priscilla for AX 2005! (I get to go finally yay!).

Fireshark
06-23-2004, 12:19 AM
I'm working on a Fire Emblem costume (Roy); San Diego Comic Con 2004. Anybody with a similar plan? We're going to have about 4 smash brothers characters in all. :) It'd be great if we could manage a really big group!

Inum4st3r
04-16-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm going to A-kon as Hector from Fire Emblem 7...I'm having a problem making his armor.

Shadow Dragonia
04-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Yay Fire Emblem!!! If anyone is cosplaying Fire Emblem characters for Otakon 2005 me and a few other people are going to do a fire emblem photoshoot.

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1016030&posted=1#post1016030post1016030

Or if anyone is going to Animenext 2005, keep an eye out for an Erk or a Farina from Fire Emblem 7. That is if I can get them done in time. ^^

TransurrealisTristan
12-28-2005, 09:24 PM
O_O; I feel left out as I'm a Marth player in SSBM as well as a Roy player!;_;

For some bishie action,try this.Pick Marth and make him any color you want.Roy if you want,if you hate his Yuki-look-a-like face.Anywho,when you're finished picking out players for the CPU or your friends and you're at the Stage Select.Head off to Brinstar.

While playing or bashing people's heads open with your trusty sword,pause the screen.You can get really neato pictures!I do this a lot while playing as Marth.Heck.I missed a few minutes of "Viewtiful Joe" today doing this!