PDA

View Full Version : Any Band/Orchestra/Etc. Players Coming?

Barunesusa
01-29-2007, 11:29 PM
I've been debating this for a little bit, but any band/orch kids coming? I'm tempted to bring my flute and play random pieces in the hallways throughout the weekend. I don't want to feel weird and alone if I do that though :P

Panda-chan
01-30-2007, 12:05 AM
I don't think you'll be alone. Usually Hector (Hornfreak from Trigun) is usually playing his alto sax around the con. Sakura-con, Kumoricon, Anime Expo... I don't think I've ever gone to a con and seen him without his saxophone!

RikoBurandetsu
01-30-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm a musician, and I'm coming to Sakura-con, but I'd never thought of bringing my instruments to the con and playing randomly! I do play quite a few random anime songs on my flute and on the piano, but that hadn't ever occurred to me... I also sing, so I'm going to try and get into the karaoke contest. Maybe you'll be able to hear me!

I should bring my piccolo. If you go through with that idea, and play randomly, I'll come join you and we can improvise together. ^ ~

Barunesusa
01-30-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm a musician, and I'm coming to Sakura-con, but I'd never thought of bringing my instruments to the con and playing randomly! I do play quite a few random anime songs on my flute and on the piano, but that hadn't ever occurred to me... I also sing, so I'm going to try and get into the karaoke contest. Maybe you'll be able to hear me!

I should bring my piccolo. If you go through with that idea, and play randomly, I'll come join you and we can improvise together. ^ ~

Argh, I envy you piano players xD I have to start taking lessons over the summer, and I don't get how to do two handed stuff at all cause my left hand is like, deficient. And singers. There's a reason why I play instruments xD

Actually, I have Foreigners from .hack//sign as a Flute duet that sounds really awesome, and a couple of random piano places I often play the melody off of.

RikoBurandetsu
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
-laughs- I'm a novice at piano, but it's been coming to me pretty quickly, since I already read music from flute and voice. Putting the two hands together is hard, though... All I really play is anime music! -laughs- You can get away with it when you're mostly self-taught. ^ ~

Hmm... I'll have to see what music I have for multiple flutes. There seem to be a lot of us flute-playing con-goers...

Barunesusa
01-31-2007, 05:05 PM
I also have a Four Flute arrangement for 1000 Words from FFX2, "The Castle" from FF8 for four flutes,

Hitokiri Kenshin
01-31-2007, 05:23 PM
I haven't played my clarinet in 9 years.

Raezyn101
02-01-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd love to play my violin..but I'm afraid I'm probably really rusty, as I haven't played it in..about a year now. Plus..I have no idea where it's been put. Either outside in the garage or in the storage room. Both that are freezing. It's probably in need of new strings because of that. -sigh- I miss playing. D:
If you ever need any music, here is one of the best places to go: http://ichigos.com/

narutofan195
02-07-2007, 07:52 PM
wow you guys sound like great musicians, tsugoi. im just a choir student. i cant wait ti sakuracon ^-^

RikoBurandetsu
02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I've gotten a lot of music off of Ichigo's. I also found some really good things for piano and other instruments off of Josh's Anime Music (http://www.alphatrance.com/0engine/music/anime/master-index.php). I'm not a very good pianist yet, so I like places that have pretty but simple arrangements of video game music, and I've found some good stuff with them.

We should plan a day to bring our instruments and meet somewhere for some random anime/game jamming. I do a lot of improv... If only we could come up with a good pianist and an electric keyboard... -laughs- We could be a regular band of anime geeks. ^ ^

AznTranquility
02-09-2007, 06:04 AM
I play the violin...but I'm most likely bringing my bamboo flute XD
It's not a Shakuhachi as most people first jump to conclusions. Just an old regular SaoTruc

cpardo
02-24-2007, 01:52 AM
I always bring guitars to SC and play anime/game music with Hector who plays sax. In fact this year we'll have our own panel on Friday, where we'll do exactly just that (called "Ani-music Unlimited"). And I'll show up probably with a guitar at the adult karaoke contest. Plus we'll play in the halls sometime during the con as well.

We have 90 minutes in the panel room, so we'll have room for musical guests to join us, if we happen to know the same tunes!

IchiHaneTenshi
02-26-2007, 04:18 PM
:D I THINK I'm coming this year and I play..uh...a ton of stuff. I have a really nice keyboard and if I can get away with it I'd set it up in the halls. I play flute too so I might bring them (I have like...pennywhistles and all sorts of stuff). X3 I'm glad there's so many of you!

Azn! You should totally bring your violin! I'd die if you did! X3 I LOVE those things to death!