PDA

View Full Version : Pirate vs Ninja Dance Off 2007 maybe?

nachtinis
01-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Anyone wanna try to join in!!!

fightstar
01-30-2007, 08:20 AM
How are you going to pull the logistics of this event off? Looks like I might have to work on some dance moves if you do.

london2191
01-30-2007, 04:01 PM
xD Sounds awesome, but yeah, same as above. Location, time, date, etc.

If you set up a TV, PS2, DDR pad, I could totally pwn. Otherwise, no.

nachtinis
01-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Logistics:
Thats the only thing, we have the personnel, we just need to set up some other minor things and get a following, which is harder at dragon con for anime related events.

IF the event is of enough interest there will be a move to set up teams, captains, and to get the event "blessed" or officialized by dragon*con staff, then we will be using the dcon forums as well to gain support.

Logistics done.

Tenel Ka
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I say DO IT! It seems like a D*C kind of thing to do. And there are always more pirates at D*C than there are at anime cons. So ninjas might actually have some competition. XD

ErinTheHalfABee
02-14-2007, 03:59 PM
It would be amazing if we could arrange the D*C dance-off...they would HAVE to give us a room!

Reatrea
02-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes Absolutely!

ErinTheHalfABee
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
The thing with D*C is that it wouldn't have to BE an anime related event, which is AWESOME. There would be so many pirates and ninjas! Nacth, we will start work after Katsucon perhaps.

fightstar
02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
The thing with D*C is that it wouldn't have to BE an anime related event, which is AWESOME. There would be so many pirates and ninjas! Nacth, we will start work after Katsucon perhaps.

Well, I don't know if it would have to be an "Anime" event. I am, after all, a COBRA Ninja from the old 80's G.I. Joe cartoon/comic/action figure series. Just a generic Pirate Vs Ninja would do it and get everyone, sci-fi, fantasy and anime involved.

Question is who would referee this event?

Darth Takeo
02-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm serving as referee for the Katsucon PvN event, so I can do it at Dragon*Con too...

ErinTheHalfABee
02-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, I don't know if it would have to be an "Anime" event. I am, after all, a COBRA Ninja from the old 80's G.I. Joe cartoon/comic/action figure series. Just a generic Pirate Vs Ninja would do it and get everyone, sci-fi, fantasy and anime involved.

Question is who would referee this event?

That's totally what I mean! It would be awesome, because a lot of the anime convention dance-offs have lots of narutos and one-piece pirates, and that's pretty much it. So at Dragon*Con, where pirates and ninjas abound (especially if there was a hot movie ::CoughcoughPiratesOfTheCaribbean:: out before the con) then it would be AWESOME.

I want to see a break dancing Jack Sparrow.

Tenel Ka
02-21-2007, 11:10 PM
I am totally hoping to see some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for the ninja side. XD <33333

makio
02-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Count me in for Pirate side. >:] I was thinking of taking the lazy approach and just rewear Naruto(Shippuden version) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:NarutoUzumaki_Shippuden.png)... but since I like Pirates a lot more, I'm just going to bring Gilder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skies_of_Arcadia_characters#Gilder) from Skies of Arcadia Legends instead.

...rum-tastic.

BayushiKachiko
02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Fightstar-- if you enter the dance off as StormShadow, I might don the Baroness catsuit! xD

Otherwise, pirate-side, woot!

fightstar
02-23-2007, 05:55 AM
Fightstar-- if you enter the dance off as StormShadow, I might don the Baroness catsuit! xD

Otherwise, pirate-side, woot!

PLEASE! I am a married man. :) LMAO!!! Seriously, it is funny to me that every time I say 'Cobra Ninja' everyone always thinks of Storm Shadow. Yeah, sure he was a 'born Ninja', but dang yo there where other Ninjas. Like me! My Cobra Ninja is just a generic run of the mill Cobra Ninja. You know the ones that get the job done, but get none of the glory.

Not to worry I get much love and respect from my crew at www.cobracares.com. I am at least glad to some love for the Ninja side of this dance off. Pirates beware on the dance floor!

Jasian
04-23-2007, 01:02 PM
aw crap, this idea is making me want to get back into shape (which was only 10 years ago). But hells to the yeah, count me in on the ninja side.

We could just have it at one of the late night raves since it guarantees an audience and the music is more than appropriate. I've always wanted to do something like Michael Jackson's "Beat it" style where in this case random pirate and ninja groups meet up together.

But really, in the end pirates got nothing. Can pirates spin on their head meanwhile using that as a distraction only to mortally wound three specific people that aren't even in the same room to only then disappear and reappear as slave Leia? No, but you'd expect a ridiculous ninja could do all that.

That's just some friendly trash talk to provoke you pirates.

Jasian
08-22-2007, 01:15 AM
*Bump*

Is there still interest in this?

Darth Takeo
08-22-2007, 07:48 AM
No.

nachtinis
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Sorry folks no activity in here since april, and there was plenty of calling around about it done too, i thought this thread had died.

Suffice to say that while TeamTakeo was going to sponsor the Dance-off at Dragoncon, due to lack of interest and support on D*C side, we have shifted our interests to the Pool Party:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=121203

More music, more hawt ppl, less dancing more swimming.

We can try this again next year!