PDA

View Full Version : DDR costumes

Angel Kat III
04-04-2003, 11:55 PM
My friend and I are planning on cosplaying as zukin from ddr (at least I think its zukin... one has black hair, a pink shirt and red plaid skirt with white hat thingy... the other has red/aburn hair with a orange shirt, green plaid skirt and green hat thingy) BUT! I can't seem to find red plaid!!! and the convention is in 2 weeks! *dies* I really need to get this one done cus I already have my friends done and it was her idea (I'm trying to get her interested in cosplay... so far I have succeeded *yay me!*). I have checked all the fabric stores I know of and can't find any on e-bay or the internet. any suggestions or ideas!!! PLEASE!!!
Thanks!
~Angel Kat III

Psychotic Jei
04-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Red plaid....maybe check a school uniform store?

Maryssa
04-05-2003, 05:17 PM
worst comes to worst, you could always buy red fabric and -paint- the plaid on. Several people have done this before for Yukino costumes and so did the USA Musume Minimoni girls!

Peppermintstix
04-06-2003, 08:12 PM
do you have a reference pic? I've seen plenty of red plaid at Hancock fabrics.

Angel Kat III
04-07-2003, 08:43 AM
the only picture I have was printed out a while ago... unfortunately we were forced to delete the hard drive because it was being stupid.... and I lost everything.....:(
but its basicly red background with small white lines, the squares having to be about 2 inches wide....
thanks!
~Angel kat III

KuroBara
04-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Can you find the pic here?

http://ddrei.com

They have an extensive character section, there's about 6 different zukins.

Angel Kat III
04-08-2003, 08:46 AM
well I'm pretty sure that it is Kaeru-Zukin now... but there wasn't a picture....
here is a cosplay example of what I want to do: http://www.dr4b.org/ddrcosplay/ComicWorldDDRGroup.jpg
~Angel kat

Neko Cathy
04-08-2003, 09:54 PM
<<(at least I think its zukin... one has black hair, a pink shirt and red plaid skirt with white hat thingy... the other has red/aburn hair with a orange shirt, green plaid skirt and green hat thingy)>>

Um.. black hair? I take it that your describing Devil Zukin? I know the other one is Oshare-Zukin for a fact.

Plaid is really hard to find. I had trouble finding a light brown plaid fabric to make my Yuni costume and was forced to cut up my old plaid skirt and completely modify it to make it a mini skirt and use the scrap for a bow.

Since plaid is hard to find (and I hate to tell you this, but you shouldn't have waited... 2 weeks is too short), the only best bet is to try eBay. They usually auction plaid fabric material.

Maryssa
04-09-2003, 06:10 AM
The one with the white hat is Oshare Zukin. THe one with the green frog hat is Kaeru Zukin. Try searching for those names.

Hikari-neko
04-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Check places like Hot Topic that sell gothic clothes and such. That's the look Devil Zukin is representing anyway. Don't be afraid to use a skirt that has extra metal details like zippers or rings and such; it'll only enhance the style ^-~

Neko Cathy
04-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Hikari-neko
Check places like Hot Topic that sell gothic clothes and such. That's the look Devil Zukin is representing anyway. Don't be afraid to use a skirt that has extra metal details like zippers or rings and such; it'll only enhance the style ^-~

Yea and most of us knows that Hot Topics is a rip off prep store (most of the clerks I have come across in Hot Topic stores look pretty damn preppy to me). I looked at their plaid skirts and they were charging me 40-50 bucks? Hahaha, NO! It's better off to make a plaid skirt that costs you about 5 or 10 bucks than to pay for that jipped crap.

::looks at her torn arm warmers that lasted 3 weeks and sniffles:: :(

Space Invader
04-16-2003, 04:17 PM
I want to do the 4th mix (and up) version of the Devil Zukin - with the little bat wings and the cool black, purple, and orange skirt with the little bells on the ends of it ^_^.

>::looks at her torn arm warmers that lasted 3 weeks and sniffles::

That's why I make my own :P. If you want a pair or anything, just ask! I can do pretty much anything ^_^.

Angel Kat III
04-16-2003, 10:59 PM
how much do you charge for your arm warmers?

Ok I finally ordered the stuff off of e-bay and it should get here tomorrow (if there is a god in heaven). sadly I don't think I'll get it done in time so I'm just gonna getto the skirt out of a (sadly) blue plaid pleated skirt (I was just gonna give up... but my friend wouldn't let me leave her all alone.... and she's making me wear the other skirt.)

oh well...

anybody interested in a Kaeru Zukin or a Oshare Zukin costume?
the kaeru costume is like a medium (med. size top with 33" waist skirt) and the Oshare costume is a large (large size top with a 40" waist) hats are one size fits most (they are made out of felt so they should fit anybody)

~Angel kat III

Space Invader
04-16-2003, 11:49 PM
>how much do you charge for your arm warmers?

Depends on what material is used, and how intricate or decorative they are.

Angel Kat III
04-17-2003, 01:15 AM
ok... um... do you have an average ammount?

Neko Cathy
04-17-2003, 02:46 PM
Thanks for offering SI, but arm warmers are easy to make. I'm making a pair that has fantasy dragons, wizards and castles on clouds on my arm warmers. Its so spiffy :)

Space Invader
04-17-2003, 07:10 PM
>ok... um... do you have an average amount?

Well, I like to use some of the more unique stretch fabrics out there (stretch hologram, vinyl, etc...) so with labor and materials, I would say about $15 per pair? Material is pretty expensive, especially the kind I like to use. I can also put in things like grommets / eyelets, snaps, lace-ups, frog closures, buckles, etc. I also have a few different styles:
~ plain "tube" style (guess what that looks like! XD)
~ thumb holes (cuts off below the knuckles and has a hole for your thumb)
~ fingerless glove style
~ middle-finger style (tapers up to your middle finger and goes around it)
~Slash style (available in any of the above, with "slashes" in them :))
~Reactor style - like the thumbhole ones, but with a small eyelet in the warmer underneath each space between your fingers, with a strap of elastic running between your fingers.

There are also three different lengths... wrist, elbow, and bicep. Wrist length extends about 1-2 inches above your wrist, elbow length comes up right underneath your elbows, bicep length goes up to about your mid upper arm.

Bicep ones are the most expensive because they use the most material.

Things like buckles, rhinestones, fur, large grommets, and beadwork cost extra.