PDA

View Full Version : Firefly anyone?

anime_wench
02-01-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't really like 'mixing themes' too much (wearing sci-fi to anime cons and vice versa)... buuuuut, I was just thinking. The only other costume I have with me here in ND is my Kaylee costume from Firefly/Serenity. And I was thinking what a waste it would be to not wear it. And THEN I thought, hey! Maybe there are other Firefly/Serenity cosplayers out there who wouldn't mind gathering for a photoshoot! So.... anyone??? ^_^

Serria
02-01-2007, 12:20 AM
You should wear it!!! :D Firefly is too awesome to only keep to sci fi cons!!

I wish I had a Firefly costume... unfortunately, not yet. ;-;

anime_wench
02-01-2007, 01:30 AM
You should wear it!!! :D Firefly is too awesome to only keep to sci fi cons!!

I wish I had a Firefly costume... unfortunately, not yet. ;-;

LOL, I could loan you one? Hehe.. I have an Inara outfit (a complete replica of the one she wears in the scene with Mal and the Operative at her school in Serenity).. and I've only worn it once to Browncoat Ball in San Fransisco.. I just don't make a good Inara, I'm a much better Kaylee! ^_^

sylus
02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
ahh it would be cool to see a kaylee. i would join ya in wearing firefly if i wasnt already bringing so many costumes. (i have a river costume from serenity, the blue acadamy outfit thing)
-sylus

Fenix42
02-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I'd love to see Firefly cosplay at Detour :)

anime_wench
02-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I'd love to see Firefly cosplay at Detour :)

But it looks like I'm going to be the only one there doing Firefly!! :-(

atchan
02-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Hm.. I have a River costume. I am always up for Cosplaying her! She's my favorite character out of anything ever! If you name the day and time of con, I will totally bring my costume for a shoot ^_^

anime_wench
02-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Hm.. I have a River costume. I am always up for Cosplaying her! She's my favorite character out of anything ever! If you name the day and time of con, I will totally bring my costume for a shoot ^_^

Yay!!! *jumps up and down and is happy!* How does Sunday work for you?? (I'll be wearing gunner Yuna on Saturday..) If Sunday is good, you pick the time! ^_^

XanaTenshi
02-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I know I won't have the costume at Detour, but for CONvergence in July most likely I'll be Inara in her costume from when she's at the ball and Kaylee is in her cute pink dress. :toothy:

aka_spooky
02-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Eeeeek HOw COOOL

The only complete costume I own at the moment happens to be Kaylee! I wore it to Convergence 2006 so it'd be tons of fun to get to wear it again.

Then there'd be two Kaylees how cool would that be :bigtu:

I'll be there Sunday too if the photoshoot is gonna happen then I'll bring the coveralls and cutesy shirt : )

(if anyone is curious I have a picture of me as kaylee at convergence in my photo gallery)

aka_spooky
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I know I won't have the costume at Detour, but for CONvergence in July most likely I'll be Inara in her costume from when she's at the ball and Kaylee is in her cute pink dress. :toothy:

I was totally contemplating making Kaylee's pink dress for convergence and I'd totally do it fi you're going to be inara from the ball.

We'd be soooooooooooooo the coolest.

anime_wench
02-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Eeeeek HOw COOOL

The only complete costume I own at the moment happens to be Kaylee! I wore it to Convergence 2006 so it'd be tons of fun to get to wear it again.

Then there'd be two Kaylees how cool would that be :bigtu:

I'll be there Sunday too if the photoshoot is gonna happen then I'll bring the coveralls and cutesy shirt : )

(if anyone is curious I have a picture of me as kaylee at convergence in my photo gallery)

YAY! There'll be two Kaylees!! *bounces up and down* What time on Sunday though? Does, say, noon work for everyone??

So we have two Kaylees and a River so far! Hehehehe... sound fun! ^_^

anime_wench
02-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I was totally contemplating making Kaylee's pink dress for convergence and I'd totally do it fi you're going to be inara from the ball.

We'd be soooooooooooooo the coolest.

Oh yeah.. what is convergence??? ^_^

aka_spooky
02-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Oh yeah.. what is convergence??? ^_^

Convergence is a very very cool Sci-Fi/Fantasy themed convention held in Bloomington MN in the summer. (There is also an anime screening room and some anime themed panels). It's a grand time and I highly recommend it : ) The demographic seems to be older (in general) then anime detour and it's like a big weekend long geek party. WONDERFUL FUN! and lots of Firefly costumes. (I took a picture of everyone I found last year and had like 4 kaylees, 3 zoe's, a few Wash's, 1 river, (0 inara's strangely enough) and 3 Mal's. Very cool.

Here's a link to their website if you think it sounds like fun.....

http://www.convergence-con.org/

Serria
02-03-2007, 01:52 PM
LOL, I could loan you one? Hehe.. I have an Inara outfit (a complete replica of the one she wears in the scene with Mal and the Operative at her school in Serenity).. and I've only worn it once to Browncoat Ball in San Fransisco.. I just don't make a good Inara, I'm a much better Kaylee! ^_^

Ohh, I wish! Inara is probably my favorite female in Firefly, her and Zoe that is. I would love to cosplay her, but sadly I have no time for Anime Detour... too many costumes to wear and not enough time! :( Well, when I see you as Kaylee I'm totally going to steal a picture! Kaylee is cute.

I should buy the box set of Firefly. I've been meaning to, but have been lacking the cash. XD It makes me so happy that there are going to be Firefly people at AD!

atchan
02-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Sunday might work, it depends on my schedule, because I have school 'n such, I might not be there Sunday. But yes, I am definitely bringing the costume!

anime_wench
02-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Sunday might work, it depends on my schedule, because I have school 'n such, I might not be there Sunday. But yes, I am definitely bringing the costume!

Ooo, I hope Sunday works!... I'll wear my Kaylee outfit then and hopefully we can meet up! ^_^

aka_spooky
02-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Sunday noonish.... I could probably be there as I plan on staying at the con' till the bitter (or not so bitter) end : )

atchan
02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Well, I think I'll be there sunday, this'll be so awesome ^_^

anime_wench
02-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, I think I'll be there sunday, this'll be so awesome ^_^

Okay, I reserved us a spot for Sunday at noon for the photoshoot.. whooo! Yay Browncoats! *does a happy dance*