PDA

View Full Version : Does D*C have a Ball?

Sako-chan
02-01-2007, 01:40 PM
I heard from someone that D*C was having a Ball this year. I haven't been able to get to the site on this computer, so I don't know, but knowing in advance would be helpful so I can plan a costume for it. None of my planned Cosplays are really Ball apporpriate. ((Wrath, Winry Rockbell, and Seras Victoria))

Hikaruchan
02-01-2007, 02:38 PM
The young literature track had the Harry Potter themed Yule Ball last year. Buffy track has had Buffy Prom in the past. Did they say which area was having the dance? Young literature website still talking about last year http://yalit.dragoncon.net/yule%20ball.htm so maybe that is where they got that information. Since usually don't hear much about this years track activities til closer to time, you might want to look at track websites listed on http://www.dragoncon.org/es_tracks.htm to see if there are any new updates or just old information.

reannaremick
02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
The thing about Dragon Con is it's broken up into tracks. The Anime track might be having one, a lot of tracks do such as American Sci Fi, the Trek track, etc. Most tracks have some kind of party/dance during the con. I'd check out the Anime track info and e-mail the organizer if you're looking for someplace to wear Anime-related cosplays. There are several rave-type dances that aren't track specfic as well if that's what you're referring to, but that sort of info doesn't go live til the schedule gets posted the month before the con.

Sako-chan
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Ah, thank you. I was getting rather confused with all of D*C's different sets. I'll try and e-mail them to find out, or plan a ball outfit and hope for the best. xD

quiksilvababe
02-13-2007, 05:22 AM
yeah dont they usually have a masquerade??

Ragresen
02-13-2007, 07:44 AM
Yeah they have a Masquerade. But it is just that a Masquerade Contest, not a Masquerade ball.

ErinTheHalfABee
02-14-2007, 04:58 PM
They have raves/dances that start every night around 1 in the morning, but like Reannaremick said, you would want to check the tracks. I think the Buffy track usually does a prom type dance.

Mandy Mitchell
03-14-2007, 02:39 AM
The Yule Ball was really awesome if you're into Harry Potter. You don't necessarily have to wear a balltype costume there in order to attend. Hogwarts school uniforms and fantasy costumes are fine.

Sako-chan
03-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Awesome. I might be attending the Yule Ball or Buffy if they have eithr aagin. ^^ I never even considered costumes from either of them.

nachtinis
03-22-2007, 08:11 AM
Dances a Dragon*con are pretty specialized, take a note of the type of dance you want to attend(mentioned already?)

If your looking for something close to "formal" the Buffy Prom is for you. If you want to sit around with the Hogwarts, this thread already mentions the Yule.

In addition there is the rave, the rock concert, and the drum room, the drum room is where the belly dancers usually wind up.

I think i probably missed one somewhere.

Digital Blush
03-22-2007, 10:37 AM
hm are there any formal balls at this convention? like ball gown formal xD? :curious:

ErinTheHalfABee
03-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Not that I know of...but you can wear whatever you want to Dragon*Con, so I say wear a ball gown anyways!!!