PDA

View Full Version : help with chii please

kitti-chan
04-05-2003, 01:39 AM
ok you see im going to be making a dark chii costume but i don't know if the front of the skirt is shorter than the back. I've looked through a buncha sites with pics but i havent been able to find a good pic of the front of the outfit.

please help if you can

i dont know how to work these attachment thingys so im gonna try and if it works, well, thats the costume im gonna make.

kitti-chan
04-05-2003, 01:55 AM
ok ill try this once more

kitti-chan
04-05-2003, 02:02 AM
ok ill try this once more

kitti-chan
04-05-2003, 02:05 AM
ahhhhh! not working ! ok here's the link but if you dont want to take the trouble it's k ill understand

http://animewallpapers.com/wallpapers/chobits/full_7_1024.asp

Pendrell
04-05-2003, 03:22 AM
Uhmuu.. okay, the way I see it, it's even across the front 3/4 of the thighs with a steep slant down the side of the leg. It's definitely long in the back, that's for sure. 0.o I think... Calistrisa did a rendition of this particular Freya outfit. Here's her version... (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=27159&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500) It looks accurate to me. :D Here's one more reference shot. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=26952&papass=&sort=2&thecat=500)

ChibiRinoa
04-05-2003, 06:15 AM
-huggles Kitti-chan- yay! i love this costume!! this is one of my dream Chobits dresses! i agree with the slant part 100%, althought its a little more hard to see in the manga shots

kitti-chan
04-05-2003, 10:22 AM
thanks for your help 'cause now i can sketch the rough for it cause my grandma wants to start on making the pattern soon! (my mom and my grandma are going to help me makeit)

Thanks again!

kitti-chan
04-05-2003, 12:16 PM
do you guys have any suggestions on what type of fabric to use?
I was thinking a satin, velour, or sparkly dress material.

So.... Any Suggestions?

oh and thanks again on the whole skirt thing you guys are much help!

yunaffx2
04-05-2003, 12:53 PM
i would suggest your go to the fabric store and show a person who works there a pictures of the costume you are doing ask them which type of fabric you should use

or you can look around the internet for some help

SailorAndromeda
04-05-2003, 01:16 PM
Hmm...for fabrics, I would say, not velour, because I don't think it would lend itself well for this dress. Also, the dress looks somewhat 'shiny'. Ideally, I would say shiny stretch PVC vinyl, but that's expensive and hard to come by, depending where you live. SO maybe try and go for satin? Satin at least is shiny. But asking an employee at a fabric sotre would be good too. Good luck! I love Chii and Dark Chii ^^ Be sure to post pics when you're done!

kitti-chan
04-06-2003, 04:38 PM
thanks for the advice

kitti-chan
04-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Does any one know where i can get a pair of thigh high boots that are platforms but with less than a 5-inch heel?

minako chan
04-21-2003, 12:24 AM
It seems that most thigh highs have big heels huh? Well, I think its sexy to have boots like that and dark chii is the epitome of sexiness...^.~ (winks)
And for the fabric, go with bridal satin. The cheeper satin is too thin and makes a fraying stringy mess everywhere! If you dish out the extra bucks for the formal type satin your costume will look much nicer, and your grandmother will appreciate it. Believe me, once you make a costume with both fabrics, you will see the difference. Good luck!!!

VoiclessChild
04-21-2003, 10:52 AM
I've seen that costume before, and that's about the only shot of it...except in the manga. You see, there really *is* no skirt. It's like a black body piece bathing suit thing, but with a skirt coming down on either side....hope that helps...I'll find a pic.

-jade*

VoiclessChild
04-21-2003, 10:52 AM
For the boots try hot topic

-jade*

kitti-chan
04-21-2003, 08:40 PM
I look in hot topic and at thier website but no luck and everythings 5-inch heels or more ..... and well although i really like the high "sexy" boots that isnt really my problem ....it's walking in them... i can barely walk on 3-inch heels oh well maybe i'll just have too practice

katchoo
04-21-2003, 11:36 PM
Did you try ebay? If you are in LA, I know some places in Hollywood that have boots. I am going downtown this weekend and I can pm you stores and prices if you want.