PDA

View Full Version : Wolves/Wolf's Rain Cosplay

Widow
04-05-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm going as Kiba, and I've seen the other WR thread, but...is anyone making an attempt to form a larger group?

And additionally, mad props to anyone who does Darcia....Having done more than my share of Farfarello cosplays, I'll be the first on the cracker box to say that the eyepatch is the most insidious thing to ever happen to cosplay. :\ More power to anyone who wants to make themselves suffer like that though.

Yui
04-05-2003, 12:42 PM
Yeah, the old thread's here:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8858
But we could use this one instead if you want to start listing group members or something.

And I'm the insane one attempting Darcia. Yeah, third (and a half) time to be one-eyed for me. But I'm always incapacitated by my cosplays, so it's nothing new. ^_D

TheLoneWolf
04-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Providing my ride falls through,you can count a Tsume in!

Nene
04-05-2003, 08:27 PM
::started the other dead thread:: -^ ^;;; Yea, I'm being Cheza, and I'm also bringing along that one girl with the hawk who appears in episode 2 and 3...

Widow
04-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Yui has my pity. This year I'm determined not to do any costumes that won't physically impair me. :D My advice to you is to get someone willing to hold your hand as you walk down stairs. I learned the hard way that nothing says Bad Mofo like cosplaying Farfarello and e_e needing Yohji to hold your hand while you walk down steps. "Grrr--oops, I broke a nail! ;_; " ^_- But you probably already know that.

Nene, were you expecting any Hige cosplayers to show up? (RIP old thread. :( )

Nene
04-07-2003, 06:46 PM
I dunno, I think I get my friend Jason to be a skinny Hige, if you desperately want one -^ ^-

Wonderfuk
04-22-2003, 10:42 PM
i'm going at tsume as well

rayechu
05-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Say hello to the spoiler of the group :P I ordered my 70's style trench coat from ebay. So if you haven't seen past episode 13 don't look >.<

*spoiler*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue :P

Akutenshi
05-19-2003, 04:49 PM
I might be doing a Darcia costume for AX...if it works out then i might re-wear it on sunday for otakon, assuming other costumes work out that weekend

Sami
05-19-2003, 05:59 PM
AAA a Wolf's Rain group!!!!!

.... must... resist... urge... to cosplay Toboe....! (I have his hair! AND his pants!! AAAA!!!!)

Seriously though, depending on what time this is, you may have a Toboe... :) Let me know when the gathering is!!

Recca-kun
05-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Depending on the time I may be Kiba as well (provided I don't drastically ax my hair by then, hehe).

And mad props (excuse the pun) to Yui on Darcia - I was minding my own business browsing ACen Fansview pictures and upon realization (http://www.fansview.com/2003/animecentral/img0565.jpg) proceeded to flip out. ;)

Sami
05-19-2003, 08:27 PM
> Depending on the time I may be Kiba as well (provided I don't drastically ax my hair by then, hehe).

KIIIIIBAAAAA :DDDD

Wow, that is an AMAZING Darcia!! O___O *awe*

Yui
05-19-2003, 09:31 PM
Hehe...that's not even a very good picture...wait til I get my own pics developed where we were playing in the tulips and with mirrors and stuff. I think there were several 'interesting' shots taking around the piano, too. (It's something about when wearing pvc that people like to pose me weird O_o Like my poor Dias at last Katsu...)

Uh, but thank you ^_^ I survived 6 whole hours in that, and it was very worth it because he was appreciated and in some instances even recognized. Wow.

The pros were that mobility wasn't as bad as expected and I could actually almost kinda talk. And the headpiece held together wonderfully. The cons were that it was semi-hard to get proper amounts of air or vision and I had to literally peel myself out of the costume by the end.

TheLoneWolf
05-19-2003, 11:15 PM
>we were playing in the tulips and with mirrors and stuff....

Say.....did we have one in from of the fountain......con memory.....blurry......

>I think there were several 'interesting' shots taking around the piano, too.

Ah yes...."leggy" Darcia! ^^

rayechu
05-20-2003, 10:07 PM
so when IS the meeting time for this again?

TheLoneWolf
05-24-2003, 06:43 PM
Um....I just wanted to sort things out,so.....

Kiba: Widow, Recca-kun?
Tsume: TheLoneWolf
Hige:
Tobooe: Sami
Blue: Rayechu?

Cheza: Nene
Darcia: Yui
Cher:
Hubb:
Quint:

right?

Yui
05-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Haha, did I officially agree to anything for Ota? Do you think I be stupid enough to wear that entombment of a cosplay in Baltimore during the hottest weeks of the year?
Of course, you're absolutely right in your assumption. You *wanna* see me die. There's bloodlust in your wolfish grin.
And hey...weren't we expecting like 2 or 3 Hige's? Where'd everybody go?

Yui
05-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Oh yeah, and we're looking for a time too, I forgot.
Okay, I'm going to highly recommend SUNDAY. Ota is absolutely insanely bogged down for me cosplay-wise. I'll be doing a double-dose of Psycho, plus a bit of Mizer-y-ness, not to mention the massive Xeno gathering. And I did promise (stupidly) already quite a while ago for at least a brief Wild ARMs photo. (And to be honest, I -should- be doing Star Ocean, Suikoden and Guilty Gear as well...but I probably will end up passing those this time. I have too many choices...this is so dangerous. X_x) Well, anyway, I've effectively killed Friday for me and wiped out most of Saturday. But besides dropping off some plushies for the Chrono Cross group, I have no exact obligations on Sunday. Um...yeah. Well, WR's a good comfy cosplay (for most of you ;P ) so it is a good Sunday choice.
Have I brainwashed you sufficiently? Sunday. Whee. (Actually, I do really wanna continue to promote WR goodness and group with you all, but I'm just trying to avoid killing myself with the stress of too many costume changes. We'll let the heat kill me instead. And it will.)

Sami
05-25-2003, 09:18 AM
> Okay, I'm going to highly recommend SUNDAY.

Woohoo! I second that reccomendation! ^__^

rayechu
05-25-2003, 11:03 AM
Sundays good. And unless something goes dractically wrong I WILL be there as blue. I ordered a good coat (I need to dye it) and in 2 hours I hope to have won the wig. I also plan on buying a wolf/dog plushy to carry around. I kinda suggest the same for the other wolves.

TheLoneWolf
05-25-2003, 12:23 PM
Right then,
Meeting time=Sunday.

Kiba: Widow, Recca-kun?
Hige:
Blue: Rayechu

Cher:
Hubb:
Quint:

rayechu
05-25-2003, 03:22 PM
Lone Wolf I saw your Tsume on cosplaylab. It looks totally awesome! I hope my Blue comes out as well! n.n

TheLoneWolf
05-25-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by rayechu
Lone Wolf I saw your Tsume on cosplaylab. It looks totally awesome! I hope my Blue comes out as well! n.n

Heheh......sank you!
This is somewhat akin to my reaction when i saw Yui's Darcia
"Gawd....I feel soooooooo ghetto!"

Yui
05-25-2003, 05:52 PM
Um, but at least you could breathe and stuff. ^_- Personally, I'm jealous about not having a little plushie myself.

rayechu
05-26-2003, 01:33 AM
Hmmms I don't think one would be that hard to make. Your Darcia is awesoome to. I even linked a pic in the wr coplay thread on my anime club forums n.n
*Edit. Oh I did win my wig n.n So I hope everything comes in soon.

Yui
05-26-2003, 01:45 AM
Eep, we're being promoted who knows where now. ^_- But thanks. Yeah, a plushie wouldn't make too much sense for Darcia, so I'll deal with it. I'll just content myself with a sword or something. Heheh.
And LW, you weren't ghetto at all, by the way. Even if you didn't have pockets, and thus posed interestingly. XD

Recca-kun
05-26-2003, 02:23 AM
Yui - Do you want me to screencap his sword? ;)

Sunday rules out the group for me, but I'll still try to get pictures of your group and I may wear Kiba one of the evenings at Otakon instead. :)

rayechu
05-26-2003, 07:06 AM
awww =/ I'm sorry. where are we going to meet?

TheLoneWolf
05-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Meeting time=Sunday.

Kiba: Widow
Hige:

Cher:
Hubb:
Quint:

Yui
05-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Ah, screencap...okay. Who knows, maybe I'll get a ride to Otakon instead of having to fly. I could at least make the sword and see if I can transport it afterward.
What are ya doing on Sunday, btw? I'm going to be tempted to start cosplaying Thursday nights now. There's just no time at Otakon.

rayechu
05-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Ahh. I looked at the official website and drunko is Quent, not Quint n.n Hmms maybe I could get my BF to play someone. Also I thought we had a Leara (falcon girl)?

TheLoneWolf
05-26-2003, 06:23 PM
o.0.......we do? Oh well....

Hige:

Cher:
Hubb:
Quent:

Leara: someone?

Recca-kun
05-26-2003, 06:39 PM
Err, rayechu meant "drunko" as in the old guy that always drinks. ^_^; And I think Leara was a friend of Nene, so if someone could get in contact with her....

Originally posted by Yui Ah, screencap...okay. Who knows, maybe I'll get a ride to Otakon instead of having to fly. I could at least make the sword and see if I can transport it afterward.
What are ya doing on Sunday, btw? I'm going to be tempted to start cosplaying Thursday nights now. There's just no time at Otakon. The only thing about the sword is that I haven't seen him use it while wearing the mask (for obvious reasons)... however, I've only seen through episode 14.

My Sunday now consists of Suikoden III since I am doing Furuba Saturday night, and some people wanted Flame of Recca Sunday as well (if I wear Recca at all it will be some spare time when I'm not wearing Kiba instead). :( I agree about the lack of time, I've worn Yuuhi, Recca, and Kaworu (all are light, normal wear costumes) on Thursday nights before. ^_^;

TheLoneWolf
05-26-2003, 07:16 PM
Ehehe....*edits*
Um....off topic,I know....but have you finished with the Xeno Chaos screencapping?

Yui
05-26-2003, 07:29 PM
Hmm...that's true. But then again, our main protagonists don't carry around cute little chibi versions of themselves in wolf-form either. ^_-
Oh well, I have so many other props to whip out this summer. But I'll still keep it in mind.

TheLoneWolf
05-26-2003, 07:43 PM
Just use your Dias sword.Anyone who complains will feel the wrath and raging fury of my chibi!

Yui
05-26-2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah, I probably could. No one connects Ouma with Dias anyway (I mean, he's not even Dias's standard sword...he just kinda 'borrows' him.) Everyone's more like "ooo...huge, big pretty sword!"
Yeah, I should have some kinda sword with me. Maybe Lida's. Krelian ought to have a sword too, though -nobody- including me knows what it looks like. But I'll be armed somehow, don't worry. ^_-

Recca-kun
05-26-2003, 09:14 PM
LoneWolf: Check your private messages. ;)

Yui: Go here (http://www.wam.umd.edu/~kroyer/wr/). :)

TheLoneWolf
05-26-2003, 09:52 PM
Za Cap Masta!

rayechu
05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
n.n found a oink scarf. Bidding on it. So uh do we know exactly when we are meeting or where? Earlier is probably better. Because it's sunday and people need to go home too.

TheLoneWolf
05-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Same here.Early=good.

rayechu
05-29-2003, 03:20 PM
blargh. I got my wig today. I'm kinda disappointed with it. =/ It doesn't really look like it should, but I guess it'll be okay with the rest of the costume. But I might grab another one if I see better.

TheLoneWolf
05-29-2003, 04:34 PM
o.0......I just found out that there is like a full Wolf's Rain caste at Ota on saturday. (- Darcia ^^)

rayechu
05-29-2003, 11:47 PM
Neat, but I'll probably be doing Mew Zakuro then.

Sami
05-30-2003, 06:22 PM
This really stinks, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do Toboe. >___< I just have too much stuff going on and he's the only one that I could afford to cut out... ;_;

Sorry guys! Hope the shoot goes well!

TheLoneWolf
06-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Man.....that really sucks! Hope everything else goes well with you.

Hige: Weren't we like,supposed to have 3 Hige's? Where'd y'all go?
Tobooe:

Cheza: Nene, (maybe) someone from the OTA boards.
Cher:
Hubb:
Quent:

Leara: someone?

rayechu
06-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Aww that sucks =/ Maybe I can goad my BF into doing it. I dunno. In other news though, I won my pink scarf wooh!

TheLoneWolf
06-01-2003, 12:33 PM
*pats,pats*
Way to go!

rayechu
06-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Thanks n.n
Now it's just waiting on the coat v.v

rayechu
06-03-2003, 05:58 PM
I got the coat! woo hoo. Hmms Lone Wolf if we schedulae right you can be in Wlf's Rain and Furuba group. Maybe we could go from 9-12:00 or something.

TheLoneWolf
06-03-2003, 11:38 PM
Sat morning is my furuba time.....sunday is all Tsume! ^^

rayechu
06-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Oh I thpught you wanted to do A furuba Sunday as well. I went to take a pic of the semi-completed costume, and my batteries died. feh.

Nene
06-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Uwaa, sorry, took a break from the Forum to work on cosplay and school (but i be's back! XO) -x_x;;

Yea, my friend Shanpyuu will be cosplaying Leara (we may have a stuffed bird, too, cause she's cosplaying Cooro from +Anima on Sat XD;; )

yup..So Sunday? We got any exact time yet? =X

TheLoneWolf
06-04-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm going to put mine on in the morning and go on till I have to leave...

Hige:
Tobooe:

Cher:
Hubb:
Quent:
Leara: Shanpyuu

Yui
06-05-2003, 12:36 AM
...Ahem, I think we're forgetting an available character for someone to possibly sign up for...
^_-

TheLoneWolf
06-05-2003, 07:23 AM
*puzzled stare*

Recca-kun
06-05-2003, 08:17 AM
As in, someone should wear a long blonde wig? ;)

TheLoneWolf
06-05-2003, 09:09 AM
Eheheh.... ^^;;

Hige:
Tobooe:

Hamona:
Cher:
Hubb:
Quent:

Zari:
Ghel:
Cole:
Captian of Retrieval Team:
Lord Ookamu:
Lord Jagara:
Random Punks from Town/Tsume's Gang:

Better?

Yui
06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
Darcia thanks you. ^_-

Hey random punks, too! You just want minions, don't you?

TheLoneWolf
06-07-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Yui
Darcia thanks you. ^_-

Hey random punks, too! You just want minions, don't you?

How very asture of you.....

Hige:
Tobooe:

Hamona:
Cher:
Hubb:
Quent:

Hanabito:
Zari:
Ghel:
Moss:
Cole:
Retrieval Soldiers:
Lord Ookamu:
Lord Jagara:
Random Punks from Tsume's Gang:
Random Punks from Zari's Town:

rayechu
06-07-2003, 09:14 AM
Yay. I got my scarf in. But I was wondering. Can anyone tell what Blue is wearing Under the coat? The colors are so dark it's hard to tell.

TheLoneWolf
06-07-2003, 10:33 AM
http://www.wolfs-rain.com/guest_main.php?num=19
http://www.wolfs-rain.com/guest_main.php?num=20
http://www.wolfs-rain.com/guest_main.php?num=21

I don't think she's wearing anything under the coat.

rayechu
06-07-2003, 01:34 PM
Lol Well I need to wear something under the cat. I'll probably go with something black. and I'll take the belt that came with the coat off in exchange for something more blueish. Thanks for the pics.

TheLoneWolf
06-07-2003, 02:26 PM
>>Thanks for the pics.
No problem.

>>Well I need to wear something under the coat

No,you dont! :D

rayechu
06-07-2003, 03:45 PM
lol oh yes I do. But I do have one of those skimpy bodysuit thins. Are they called teddies? I'll prolly wear that and pantyhose wheee

Yui
06-07-2003, 05:41 PM
Hmm hmm...I started making his sword...I'm so bad. X_-
If I have time, I'd like to make his cool outfit underneath the coat, too. But that's mostly dependant on whether I can make a reasonable facsimilie of his hair. Darcia's got a lot of forehead ^_^** But I'll play around with some wig parts and see what happens. Of course now, this is ultimately turning into two separate costumes...so if I don't have time this year, that's definitely on next year's menu.
Hey, maybe we can find someone to cosplay a young Darcia, too, though. That'd be cool.

TheLoneWolf
06-07-2003, 08:01 PM
You just want more of you, don't you,Yu? :D

Young Darcia= Jin Kazama with an eyepatch! XD

Nene
06-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Ok! I got one of my short lil pals to cosplay Toboe -^ ^- It's really cute, cause he really matches the part, too X3 So yea, sign him up (for now, not too sure that he'll go, I have a back-up Toboe just in case...), his name's Jason -^ ^-

TheLoneWolf
06-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Ah,so we finally have someone cosplaying the chibi in,eh?

Hige:
Tobooe: Jason

Hamona:
Cher:
Hubb:
Quent:

Hanabito:
Zari:
Ghel:
Moss:
Cole:
Retrieval Soldiers:
Lord Ookamu:
Lord Jagara:
Random Punks from Tsume's Gang:
Random Punks from Zari's Town:

Note: We really need a Hige.........

P.S: Somone get me some minions!!!

rayechu
06-09-2003, 10:39 PM
I can ask my BF. I think he could pull it off. But I doubt he would want to. Because he won't even WATCH wolf's Rain. =/ Oh well. I ned to modify and dye my coat >.<

TheLoneWolf
06-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Oh come on....use your feminine wiles on him or something!!
We'd have a complete set of wolves and a HigeXBlue thing going.....

Nene
06-10-2003, 03:42 PM
i could always ask my other Jason friend (i know a lotta Jasons..-u u;;) to cosplay Hige... -e e- He LOVES Wolfs Rain, (though his personality doesn't really match Hige, and he's kinda skinny =X) But hair and face wise I think he'd be a perfect Hige...so I'll ask -^ ^-

rayechu
06-11-2003, 12:40 PM
Well I asked him. And he ignored me >.<
This is where I will start the pestering and please please pleaseing

TheLoneWolf
06-11-2003, 03:51 PM
*pats,pats*
Atta girl!
Hey....show him Blue and tell him that he gets be with a girl with nothing but a trenchcoat on.....now THAT'LL illicit a reaction!!! :D :D :D

rayechu
06-11-2003, 05:11 PM
Hehe it worked :p
We now have a Hige. I just need to make the costume bah ;.;
Do you have any ideas for the collar?

TheLoneWolf
06-11-2003, 05:34 PM
*Takes a strip of vinyl,folds it over,sews both sides*
Viola.Instant collar ^^. How you'll get the "H" in is something my brain is too fried to think of right now.Try pm'ing Fabcentaur about it.He had a pretty good Hige at ACen.

rayechu
06-11-2003, 11:35 PM
Wow great idea. and I have some of that astuff too! Hahahaha. I can probably get it engraved if I would like. I made him watch the recap episodes and now he likes it :P

TheLoneWolf
06-12-2003, 02:56 PM
Sw33t!

A full Wolf's group! ^^

rayechu
06-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Yep. I tried sewing the collar though and it is not that easy v.v

TheLoneWolf
06-12-2003, 08:03 PM
WHat're t3h probs?

rayechu
06-13-2003, 10:29 AM
I sew by hand (no working machine) and flipped it inside out so there wouldn't be an ugly seam, now I can't flip it back the right way v.v I'll get it eventually I am sure. It just pisses me off.

TheLoneWolf
06-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Leave a little open on the top where you're going to pull it out.Pull it out,then stich that part shut.Sure,you'll have a small seam,but you can always put that on the back?

rayechu
06-13-2003, 05:06 PM
It's not working. BUt I got a good suggestion about using a belt up to the first loop, so I might try that. IT's just to think and stiff to turn around =/

fabcentaur
06-13-2003, 11:54 PM
My secret: I went to the pet store and bought a $15 leather collar and cut the metal part out of sandpaper stuff, painted with metallic paint and painted on the H .. or x, .... Works just fine for me. ;)

I'd love to make it to this con, but that's about a 16 hour drive from here ^^;

fabcentaur

rayechu
06-14-2003, 01:15 AM
Your pet stores sell leather? All mine sell are thet cheap nylon crap. I thought about it n.n Well I'll see if I can find one and if I can grea! If not I'll try the belt thing. I'm waiting until the wolf/dog plushie I bought comes in so I can dye it with my coat! yay! Wow I'm more excited about Blue then about Zakuro, my main costume v.v

rayechu
06-15-2003, 07:44 PM
HEhe it looks liek som eof us will be at Ohayocon as well. Anyone seen episode 19? It's not a recap!

Yui
07-13-2003, 01:00 AM
So how is everyone doing? Have we got any new recruits?
I had a great time strangling wolves and bashing my head on the wall at AX and can't wait to do the same for you guys. ^_-
(Stupid me didn't get a chance to go into the dealers' room as Darcia, tho. Does anyone know if there will be a Bandai booth at Otakon?)

rayechu
07-13-2003, 08:48 AM
Not so good. That stupid coat will NOT dye black. Lonewolf told me to paint it with fabric paint. I ordered a large yellow pullover for Hige, but I can't anything close to the pants around here. And I have yet to make the belt.

TheLoneWolf
07-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Just get a pair of grey baggy sweatpants and add some black trim down the sides? ^^

Yui
07-13-2003, 07:09 PM
spray paint it, give it a few days to dry out, seal with polyurethyene...I don't know what kind of fabric you're working with, but that saves anything!
Yeah, and use sweatpants...that ought to be fine. Or, even if you don't sew yet, baggy stuff is like the easiest thing to learn on.

TheLoneWolf
07-14-2003, 08:38 AM
Fnished on my nice,new Tsume Jacket........I'll probably have the pants in all their tight,stretchy glory done by the end of the week ^^

rayechu
07-14-2003, 12:49 PM
Thats the thing. I can't find ANY sweatpants. None >.<
hah. I was gunna spraypaint to begin with. woohoo!

Nene
07-14-2003, 11:15 PM
Bad news guys... I dunno if I can get my Cheza done in time...

I need the last bits of all my cosplay I'm wearing to the Otakon done by the 23, in which I have Japanese students staying at my house until the 26th...and then the 28th I'm leaving for a Japan-America Friendship program at Prinston for 10 days..(the day I get back is the Friday of the Otakon..so busy!! -x_x;; ) I know I'll be able to finish Kijin by Wednesday and Ino in a day (Thursday). I already have my other two cosplay done, and I dunno when I'll be able to get back up to Rockville to get fabric for Cheza (and if I'll be able to find the right kind in one trip, too..) but what's even more stressful is that'll I'll only have five days to get it done!! -x_x;;

This isn't official, I AM magical afterall, and can do almost anything under pressure (I finish my Full Moon cosplay in one day last year...the day RIGHT before the con..XD;; ) So I might be able to do it afterall!! But then again.. don't give your hopes up... -x_x;; I'm REALLY sorry if I don't get it done in time. I'll report back this Friday to say if I'm defently able to or not! -^ ^-

And if Cheza fails, I already got the Toboe outfit... which is the other bad news. My friend Jason isn't able to go to the Otakon. His mom is too overprotective over her 16 year old song -e-e; So that Toboe is out...but I'll ask around to see if I am able to get anyone else!! (I might be able to get my other friend Piper to do it. She DOES look like a boy after all..-Oo;; )

::bow bow:: i'm so sorry...I really hope I can get it done in time. I really want to do Cheza -><;; (already got the contacts and wig too.... *sigh*)

rayechu
07-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Awwww. Good luck!
i FINALLY found Hige-pants. I need to take an ugly patch off them and paint these little red stripes blavk, but other then that I am set.

Yui
07-19-2003, 12:00 AM
noooo....I keep getting promised a Cheza...and they always abandon me X_x
I'm gonna have to go kidnap my own, looks like.
Good luck being magical!

Oh yeah, anyway, I was wondering if we had a locale in mind for the group? I know there's not a lot of us, and I'll be pretty noticable, but still, it'd be nice to stick on the sticky group list. Never know...might end up with a random recruit or two. ^_-
Like 3 Chezas! All random, of course!

Nene
07-19-2003, 12:35 AM
Mwaa.. sorry you guys. Looks like I'm out... maybe next time, ne?

Yui
07-19-2003, 01:27 AM
blah....
:bangs head on wall:

Stay out of the moonlight, will you?

TheLoneWolf
07-20-2003, 12:24 AM
ANy updates on stuff....what's been going on? ^6

rayechu
07-20-2003, 08:02 AM
I ordered Hige and Cheza wigs, but I don't like those either. ::sigh:: I'm waiting for pieces and parts to come in.

Yui
07-23-2003, 03:16 PM
Darcia's...new...mask...
I probably won't. But I want to.
-Sometime-

Hey, anyway, Toboe from Florida says hi and we think that I was too easy on the WR group at ACen. So I get to run around wolf-strangling, so be forewarned. It'll be my b-day present. XD

Yui
07-23-2003, 03:24 PM
Oh yeah...by the way...
I was just checking the Otakon page for some art show info, and I noticed that Toshihiro Kawamoto is going to be there!

Now I'm all self-conscious. ^_^;

TheLoneWolf
07-23-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Yui
Oh yeah...by the way...
I was just checking the Otakon page for some art show info, and I noticed that Toshihiro Kawamoto is going to be there!

Now I'm all self-conscious. ^_^;

o0;;...........
Whoa......now THAT'S news...damnit, so much for skipping on those petty details.

rayechu
07-23-2003, 05:24 PM
::crosses ingers:: Everyone wish me luck with the spray paint thing.

TheLoneWolf
07-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Ne,ne....anyone have anything I could use for Tsume's large gold earring?.....um,anything that clips on,that is ^^

rayechu
07-23-2003, 07:38 PM
A large gold clip-on earring?check superK, walmart.

TheLoneWolf
07-24-2003, 07:54 AM
Already have..........:(

fabcentaur
07-24-2003, 10:23 PM
Does anyone know when Kawamoto will be there? - ie, sat or sun? ^^;;

fab

Yui
07-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Probably the whole week. ^_^* I don't know the exact panel/autograph/event times, however. Otakon is slow in posting their scheduling. (Just look how long we have been trying to sort out the mysteries of TMR concerting times...erg...I have a feeling that one is going to muck up at least 5 or 6 well-placed plans of mine...)

And Lone Wolf, you either use my magnet idea, or you keep looking. Try Hot Topic. Try jewelry stores (Claires, Afterthoughts, etc.) Try 'girly' places (Gadzooks, Eye Candy) Um, I'm not sure what you're got around you. Fabric/craft/beading stores definently would have clips, but you'll have to attach your own ring.

fabcentaur
07-25-2003, 07:10 PM
Ok. Need another Hige there? We just *might* make it.
Will find out in two weeks. ^^;

fab

Yui
07-28-2003, 06:02 PM
In two weeks, we'll be there. Hehe.
Hmm...so we really -should- have a particular place/time on Sunday so nobody gets lost.

TheLoneWolf
07-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Maaaaaaaaaan.....I've looked over and over and around and under.....and I can't find any earrings......*holds head*....and after I got everything else *just * right too ;_;

Yui
07-29-2003, 11:54 PM
can't you...make them? All you need is the base, right? I know the clip-on's aren't that popular anymore, but they do exist. What kind of void in the world do you live in? (You're welcome to use/have the clip-on bases or small rare earth magnets that I have in my gear box, but you just have to make the actual interesting part then.)

TheLoneWolf
07-30-2003, 06:07 AM
>>What kind of void in the world do you live in?

Cincinnati.........yes,it sucks here.

How do those bases work?
Do they have,like.....a sticky end,or something?

Yui
07-30-2003, 03:21 PM
the non-magnetic bases have a small indentation on the front side (with the normal screw thingie on the other side) which you can attach (via hot glue most likely) the tip of the dangly part = whatever metallic-looking shape you make. I'll, of course, have my gun with as well, so you can borrow that as needed.

Yui
07-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Oh...anyway, Kawamoto's autograph session (the personal one) is Saturday 4-6. And then the panel is Sunday at 10 am.

TheLoneWolf
07-30-2003, 07:53 PM
Oh well, Tsume's out from 4-6,then! XD

TheLoneWolf
07-31-2003, 11:13 AM
Oh wait......Kawamoto's sessions clash with the T.M Revolution concert.....BADLY.

Yui
07-31-2003, 03:37 PM
Indeed it does...I hope Otakon learns something from this. Actually, I feel really bad, because Takanori has precedence over pretty much anybody else. I wonder if it had been during the masquerade, which people would have choosen?

Anyway, I may be Darcia Saturday night, but I'm still planning for sure to be at Programming 1 Sunday morning.

TheLoneWolf
08-05-2003, 08:35 AM
OSHAAA!
All the wolves set for otakon?
No?.................
Well................start now! XD

Hersch
08-05-2003, 12:50 PM
I'll be cosplaying Hige, and a bunch of my friends are making up the rest of the cast. I think we're only missing a Tsume. If you need a Hige just let me know where and when to meet and I'll see what I can do ^_^.

We're trying to arrange a meeting of Wolf's Rain cosplayers sometime saturday morning around 10 at the artists alley.

fabcentaur
08-05-2003, 07:51 PM
Whaddaya know, I'll be there as Hige as well ^_^; (me #23)
I don't know if I can be there at 10am or not :< But i'll be all decked up at 4pm wee!

fab

Yui
08-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Well, Saturday's all PLC all day for me, but I of course would take other WR cosplayers pics in the very least. ^_-

(Oh yeah, by the way, my Darcia will be in the masquerade Saturday night...tho I won't be in it. ^_^* Yeah, just thought I should give a heads-up so as not to confuse anyone...)

TheLoneWolf
08-14-2003, 08:55 AM
You guys are way too quiet.Let the silence be broken NOW!

Yui
08-14-2003, 11:36 PM
ah, are we still using this thread, then?
Well, Mr. Tsume, why don't you share your mega-cool experience with the class then? ^_-

TheLoneWolf
08-15-2003, 07:55 AM
Oh,that!.....well, if you insist ~.^
I walk into the Tohshiro Kawamoto signing and finally get to meet Mr. Kawamoto. His and his interpreter's initial reaction to me as Tsume:
"Whoa!"
After getting my stuff signed, we chat for a bit. My first Question: "Mr.Kawamoto, how DOES Tsume fight in these pants?!" (C'mon, you know I had to XD)
"It's all about the style"
*More chatting*
As I was about the leave though, Mr Kawamoto said something to his translator-guy:
"Do you have a site or anything? I like your costume,and I'd like to see it in Japan.Here's my card,send me pics."
Me: "0.0.....skrzt.....bleh.....asdadzxcw......*turn to fabcentaur* hegavemehiscard!hegavemehiscard!!!"

Yui
08-15-2003, 09:58 PM
I wish I had your eloquence on Sunday. I was all like..."erm, yeah...giggle" and I didn't even get a photo with him. He (and well like every other guest and translator at the big long table) kept asking something like "Isn't that hot?" and I kept replying along the lines of "Oh yeah" and nodding and bowing and stuff. He did say that I was the first Darcia cosplayer he's ever seen, but he seemed all shy too. XD
Dude! Do you want some of my webspace fora page of Wolf's Rain cosplayers? Between the two of us, we have...lots. Then we can send him the link to look at. ^_-

fabcentaur
08-15-2003, 11:56 PM
Ah yes, the look on your face, Tsume... was priceless. I did get pics of you & Kawamoto, and I know my friend got a pic of you, Yui with him as well. Must.. pick.. up film.. tomorrow.. *twitch*

Our meet up went well. I was with a team of Toboe's, another Hige, Cheza, Blue (my babe), Hubb, Quent, and we asked Hubb to ask for pics. After everyone got their autograph (I got mine "hige" on my arm, which is now tattooed ^^;) we all got into a huddle and took pics with our creator. I really hope they turn out.

And now, we're making our friends watch WR, and hopefully we'll have our own Quent and Tsume to bring along with Hige ^^ to the next con! (woo)

Also, there is a page that has WR cosplayers... http://www.jwsanime.com/R/R.html

fab

Yui
08-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Wow...you got a pic of me with him? I was truely unobservant.
And there is a WR page...yeah, no one tells me anything. ^_^;

TheLoneWolf
08-16-2003, 07:26 PM
I wish I had your eloquence on Sunday. I was all like..."erm, yeah...giggle" and I didn't even get a photo with him. He (and well like every other guest and translator at the big long table) kept asking something like "Isn't that hot?" and I kept replying along the lines of "Oh yeah" and nodding and bowing and stuff. He did say that I was the first Darcia cosplayer he's ever seen, but he seemed all shy too. XD
Dude! Do you want some of my webspace fora page of Wolf's Rain cosplayers? Between the two of us, we have...lots. Then we can send him the link to look at. ^_-

Sounds interesting! I might just have to take you up on that offer ^^
As for everything else....Yui, you have to go PAST the shyness!!!
See?
http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/cosplay0/DSCF0079.JPG
A plushie is all it takes! XD