PDA

View Full Version : Easy anbu leg wraps Tutorial

n0ught
02-03-2007, 10:42 AM
so, im currently working on a an Anbu costume, and ive been having trouble with the leg wraps, bandages just dont seem to stay up, i guess my legs arent gripy enough? so i came up with the following. this is rediculously easy and cheap, the hole process takes aout 5 minutes, and they dont fall down when you walk.

you will need:
3 pairs of socks
fabric scisors

1) take 3 socks and cut the toes off each

2) take 1 of the socks, straighten the edge that goes on top of your foot. then cut out the heel in a triangle. 22442

3) cut a series of triangles on opposite sides of the sock you cut the heel out of. the amount of triangles you cut depends on how big or small your legs are.for bigger/musclyer legs cut fewer triangles, leaving bigger gaps. for smaller/thiner legs you can afford to cut more triangles, leaving smaller gaps.

4) take one toe-less sock, pull it up to the crook of your knee.

5) take the second toe-less sock and pull it up so that it overlaps the first.

6) buch up the sock you cut the triangles out of.

7) pull it over your foot, leaving 1 of the "wrungs" in the arch of your foot, then spread the rest of the "wrungs" out.

8) don your ninja sandals.

9) admire your work and try not to get killed by guys wearing purple clothes. :D

easy :D repeat the process for the other foot, or do them both at the same time to be adventurous :D:P

basic i know but it works :D

Saitou_Nami
02-03-2007, 11:00 AM
C: I love you for posting this!!! I was worried about how was I was going to do the black part of the wraps, you explained the process well and hopefully I'll be able to recreate what you did. :3

n0ught
02-03-2007, 11:15 AM
its crazy easy, strangely enough, the hole anbu costume was inspired by your mask tutorial :D

ive been walking around in a pair of the wraps now for about 4 hours and they havnt moved :D

Annie-Mei
02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
haha...crazy ... but successful.... good job
im experimenting with stretch knit (which is what socks are pretty much).

KillaBeeSwarm
02-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Very clever. Rather than having two socks (steps 4, 5), I imagine you could use one extra long sock instead.

n0ught
02-03-2007, 01:23 PM
yer, thats very true. but when i went shopping today i couldnt find any unfortunately, also by having 3 the top holds the bottom up and the Wrungs hold the top one up :D

theleaningelm
02-03-2007, 09:05 PM
BRILLIANT. Thanks for sharing!

n0ught
02-04-2007, 05:21 AM
quite alrigh :D im just puting pics up of the leg wraps in action (sort of) and some other bits and peices of ma W.I.P anbu team leader on ma gallery :D for anyone whos intrested :D

Konoha_ANBU
03-17-2008, 10:13 PM
I guess I might as well post my leg wrappings.
Mine aren't really so planned out. They're legitimate wraps.
Just thick, black fabric. Cut into strips, and wrapped up my leg.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/skelingtonking/LegWraps.jpg

Oh, and my mask for no reason.

Novoxy
03-18-2008, 06:26 PM
Did you make your shoes or did you purchase them?

n0ught
05-04-2008, 08:30 PM
i made them theres a tutorial somewer ther pretty easy.

Sakky_Uchiha
05-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Ah~ Thanks so much for posting this.. Because i thought i was gonna get stuck using something like black wire tap, or something along those lines. xD Which probably wouldn't have stayed up ._.;

WeaponMistress
11-12-2008, 11:53 AM
omg that is a totally awesome way to make the leg wrap!! u rock! im totally making them that way XD thanx for the tutorial! :)

Niccypippy
11-12-2008, 12:13 PM
I've got an easyer way if u buy a large cheap white t shirt and unpick the arms and its done. You could then just use the fabric left to make the white over top that the anbu wear.

Niccypippy
11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
ignor what i just said um leg warmers work well 2 as they are long and then just cut the triangles