PDA

View Full Version : M'Kay, I need a little help here. ::doink doink::

Mei Lan Chang
05-15-2002, 10:17 PM
Allrighty then, I'm really leaning towards my next project to be making a plugsuit like the one Rei Ayanami wears. Amd heck , I don't even know where to begin. SO I would love to hear some suggestions and adivce. I'm built pretty similar to Rei (though not THAT skinny, just skinny) so that isn't going to be a problem, it's just it looks so complicated with all those plugs and outlets. Maybe a spandex base? Maybe some vinel on the chest plates? I dunno. Help me!

Mei Lan Chang
05-15-2002, 10:18 PM
By the way, click on the attatcment to see a good picture of the plug suit!

Nietsche
05-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Hmm.. I have yet to tackle my plugsuit...i was leaning towards doing Kaworu's!
I was think of starting with a unitard base and build on that with vinyl! The sticky out plugs and backpack and stuff might be done from foam and card...but we shall see what awaits...

RealizeDOP
05-16-2002, 03:30 PM
I did a Asuka plugsuit a while back, but I know i'd definately do it a lot diferently now that i can actually sew. -.-* I used permanent marker to mark the lines in my last one...then again it was like my 3rd costume i ever made. I'd say use the Kwik Sew Unitard Pattern, and make it out of either VERY stretch vynil (i hope your not wearing this at a summer con) Or out of swimsuit spandex or whatever. The little plugs you can make outta sculpy...that would look nice! Umm, the other pieces i'd jsut get soft foam and cover it with the fabric....Hot glue actually works quite well keeping the fabric to the foam. That's what i did for my Gundam Wing Costume....other than that.....i think that's all i can think of.. ^^ Good Luck!

Medellia
05-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Ok. I think that you can make the perfect plug suit with this technique, but it will be pretty hard work, and messy. And expensive, but has that ever stopped a cosplayer?

Basically, what you will do is create a custom made, skin tight body suit from a full body lycra/spandex leotard and a quart or so of liquid latex. It requires you to don the body suit, and then stand for about an hour while someone paints you. If you want more info, email or AIM me, and I can scan you a copy of the instruction booklet.