PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever cosplayed the ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US dude?

sephirothroxors
04-05-2003, 01:00 PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=11940

That would be funny to cosplay.

Maryssa
04-05-2003, 01:17 PM
its actually from a real game from a long time ago (the name escapes me).

and anyway... All Your Base is nowhere near funny anymore. It's what, 2-3 years old now?

Michi
04-05-2003, 01:28 PM
http://www.fansview.com/2002/akon/img8889.jpg

Eriol
04-06-2003, 02:39 PM
That's Katz from the the old Toaplan arcade and later Mega Drive game, Zero Wing.

The fad may be over, but it's probably now a recognizeable image.

Troppy
04-07-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa

and anyway... All Your Base is nowhere near funny anymore. It's what, 2-3 years old now?

the sad part is, whether we think it's funny or not, it will always be funny to SOMEONE in SOME community out there. In fact, I spotted the "all your base" thing in the comic strip "Sally Forth" just a few weeks ago. Weird.

It's like pocky in masquerade skits; the dead horse has been beaten to smithereens, and yet it can somehow get crowds on their feet. From a cosplay perspective, it would certainly be recognizeable and would get a lot of attention... you'd probably also get dissed as being a has-been, but come ON. Some stuff (sadly) never dies. :E

TrustTheFungus
04-07-2003, 05:26 PM
I still think "All your base are belong to us" is cool. I wear my "All your base are belong to us" hat and shirt a lot(I wore them to the last Ohayocon). And I recently got a dog and I named it All Your Base Are Belong To Us(I call it All Your Base, cause the other is a little too long).

On April Fool's Day a few people got in trouble because of "All Your Base Are Belong To Us." http://sturgisjournal.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2003/April/03-3319-news1.txt

Michi
04-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Wow, that's pretty...sad about the April Fool's thing. Though I think sending threatening letters was a bit much. *shrug* Really.

TrustTheFungus
04-07-2003, 05:55 PM
...I just remembered "All your base are belong to us" is also in my signature. :D

Maryssa
04-07-2003, 07:19 PM
omg your user name rules XD

*is the only person on the planet who likes that movie*

Troppy
04-07-2003, 09:34 PM
Maryssa, the MARIO BROS. movie? *I* liked it... I get mad when people are like "it wasn't true to the game!"

how exactly COULD it have been, and been a full-length movie at the same time? I mean...theres only so much you can do with plumbers, mushrooms, and a princess that's always in another castle. I liked what they did with the concept.

...and I liked the little wind-up Bob-omb, too. :E

Maryssa
04-07-2003, 09:42 PM
nyahahah ;D the bob-ombs are soooooo adorable!

and yes ;p hehe i liked the concept for some *odd* reason LoL probably because i've studied dinosaurs since i was practically 5 =p

~~~~going soooo off topic

Troppy
04-07-2003, 09:49 PM
hehe, it's not that hard to bring THIS particular thread back on topic. Just say something corny like... "All Your Bob-ombs are Belong To Us"

wow, that was definitely low.

Maryssa
04-07-2003, 09:54 PM
hahahahha i'll let you slide for that one...

TrustTheFungus
04-07-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Troppy
hehe, it's not that hard to bring THIS particular thread back on topic. Just say something corny like... "All Your Bob-ombs are Belong To Us"

wow, that was definitely low.

No, no, no! You ha\/e to say "Somebody set up us the Bob-omb!"

Super Mario Bros. is one of my fa\/orite mo\/ies. How can you NOT like a mo\/ie about two plumbers sa\/ing the world from e\/il dinasaurs with only a singing mushroom creature to help them?
The one thing I don't like about it is Peach isn't in it. Since when is Daisy Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom?

Ain't got no water anywhere!
Food's bad, so's the air!
Ain't got no resources, in a great Stoopa!
All because of the e\/il King Koopa!

Maryssa
04-07-2003, 10:18 PM
Because Daisy totally rocks! She could kick Peach's ass any day!

badass dinosaur princess >>>>> prissy mushroom princess

Adella
04-08-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by TrustTheFungus
On April Fool's Day a few people got in trouble because of "All Your Base Are Belong To Us." http://sturgisjournal.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2003/April/03-3319-news1.txt

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT'S RICH! :drink: make your time.

Miroku
04-08-2003, 03:45 AM
They could have included that "Someone set us up the bomb." part in their letters and made it worse. People would have been like....see they do have ties to Saddam. Ha ha ha!

L to the 3rd
04-08-2003, 03:51 AM
LOL.... ''what you say?''

Mizuho
04-08-2003, 04:16 AM
>> On April Fool's Day a few people got in trouble because of "All Your Base Are Belong To Us..."

I nearly fell off my chair laughing at that.... :spinner:

Neko Cathy
04-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by TrustTheFungus

My school had a seinor prank when a group of Hackers started posting random flash screens w/ the message "All your Base Are Belong to Us", "You ave no chance to survive!!! Make your Time!!!", "Seniors are EVIL!!!!", a fake popup up error that has to do w/ a made up file called "Kligon" and other stuff.. they eventually got to the point where they trashed the Internet server so that NO ONE could access the Internet for a day and since our school attendance s on the Internet... heheh a lot of us skipped.

Blah, let's get back to the costume discussion please befoe this goes off topic.

Freya
04-10-2003, 11:14 AM
In commenting on the guy's costume...that's uber cool! ^_^