PDA

View Full Version : Anime Punch!

jules_yzak_duel
02-04-2007, 09:35 PM
I was wondering who is going to Columbus's Anime Punch at the Mariott Airport Hotel? I'm totally going. I'm thinking of being Kirihara Akaya ( Prince of Tennis), Howl ( Moving Castle), and maybe Watanuki ( Xxxholic).

Mikepower9
02-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I totally support that list. Very cool, and even a little bit classy.

Misarylane
02-17-2007, 01:10 AM
I'm going. But I won't be very anime like...sadly.

Miyabi-
02-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I'll be there too! Not quite sure all of what I'm bringing though I know Ed Elric and Rosette for sure!

jules_yzak_duel
02-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I changed my outfits a little, since my Howl isn't done and I bought a Hyotei uniform. So now I'm going as Atobe Keigo ( Prince of tennis), Watanuki ( Xxxholic, I'm being him on April 1st. XD ), and then Tamaki Suho from Ouran Host club. Thanks for thinking my list is cool.
I should look on the forum to see if there is going to be any other Clamp costumers. I want to be able to hold a lunchon... and no.. I won't be cooking. *Sweatdrops*

jules_yzak_duel
02-20-2007, 07:08 PM
oops double post

Mikepower9
02-22-2007, 10:28 AM
On the subject of Clamp, I just lent my 8 year old cousin my MKR tapes ^_^

Another seed planted!

wingzero1919
02-23-2007, 12:14 AM
I'll be there! I'm bringing Barry the Chopper, Desert Punk, Kiba, & Kouga

jules_yzak_duel
02-23-2007, 09:16 AM
cool!

Uchiha Sakura
02-26-2007, 10:43 AM
i'l be there though my cosutmes won't nearly be as entertaining i guess. I'll have Haruno Sakura red sleeveless dress, Haruno Sakura winter version (the one from the first movie), and Akatsuki Sakura (if i get it done or started for that matter.

My bf will be there as Uchiha Sasuke, sadly he won't shave off his gotee for it though. sigh.

see you guys there!

Misarylane
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Uchiha Sakura: awww poor you on the BF thing... :( I feel your pain.

I'll be:
Olette from KH2
Aerith from KH2

My BF will be:
Jin from Samurai Champloo
Riku from KH2

Yeah the KH thing I got permission to do so I guess I'll be ok.

Ryuuza
03-02-2007, 12:58 AM
I'll be half demon Inuyasha (Friday) and Soifon from Bleach (Saturday.)

KaoruKamiya
03-05-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm going as Calcifer (Howls Moving Castle) Meg (Burst Angel) Dark Mousy (two versions, DN Angel) Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin) There may be one or two more.

Holland
03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
When is this "punch" thing? Columbus is my home town so I might have to make time for it...

ningyobaka
03-05-2007, 03:59 PM
march 30- april 1st

Misarylane
03-05-2007, 04:46 PM
did he just call it a "punch thing"??? thats new.

I can't wait we have what??? 26 days????

Holland
03-05-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm just kidding... Not about going though...

Misarylane
03-05-2007, 06:47 PM
hehe i know (don't worry my anime buddies won't jump you behind the bleachers)

Lolita
03-09-2007, 07:33 PM
im going!!
anime punch falls right into my spring break ^_^ i'll probably be really sleep from sleeping in ^_^ so i'll be in bear pajamies from serial experment lain yeay

Ryuuza
03-13-2007, 02:57 AM
I've changed my mind. I'll be attending as Soifon all weekend. My Inuyasha costume needs repairs.

Elendriel
03-16-2007, 04:11 PM
I'll be there as well!! :D

I'm planning on bringing:

Inner Hollow Bankai Ichigo (white robes) (Bleach)
Grimmjaw Jaggerjack (Bleach)
Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
Time Jump Naruto (Naruto Shippuuden)
Hitsugaya Toushiro (Bleach)
Integra Hellsing (hellsing)

:D

can't wait for this!

Ryuuza
03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
I'll be there as well!! :D

I'm planning on bringing:

Inner Hollow Bankai Ichigo (white robes) (Bleach)
Grimmjaw Jaggerjack (Bleach)
Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)
Time Jump Naruto (Naruto Shippuuden)
Hitsugaya Toushiro (Bleach)
Integra Hellsing (hellsing)

:D

can't wait for this!

Yay! More Bleach. :3

Boxgundam
03-25-2007, 03:16 AM
Meh, its in a week.. I guess I'll go. Should be fun.

And I'm shooting the Time Jump Naruto with my bazooka.. unless you can stop it with a double rasengan! XD

Uchiha Sakura
03-27-2007, 10:02 PM
Adding a costume: TJ Sakura. yay 2 days to make it. It will be done!!!! even if i have to die making it lol jk.

Hey you leave TJ Naruto alone, Boxgundam. lol. jk

Rameana
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I will be coming. Whoa. My first post here in over a year. ^_^
Feels nice to be back. I don't think I will be cosplaying. I thought about doing KH Wakka but lost all my time to get it done. I just like hanging out.

Bahzi
03-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I will be coming. Whoa. My first post here in over a year. ^_^
Feels nice to be back. I don't think I will be cosplaying. I thought about doing KH Wakka but lost all my time to get it done. I just like hanging out.

Wow, it's weird seeing you posting here....weird but awesome! I know what you mean by liking just hanging out, I didn't cosplay at all at Otakon that year we went, just hung out mostly. ^^

Technically 1 more day guys!

Antimony
03-28-2007, 11:38 PM

Bahzi
03-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I'll be there, however I'm not cosplaying. Gearing up for Anime Boston, and just relaxing at this con. :)

Hey Asuka! Hopefully I'll get to see you more at this con than a quick 'hello' in the elvevators! >< Sorry about that at Ohayocon!

-Animeisha

jules_yzak_duel
03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
It's only one day away!! I'm so excited!

Misarylane
03-29-2007, 10:22 AM
it's tomarrow!!!! *runs in circles*

Antimony
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM

jules_yzak_duel
04-02-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey any one got pictures?

shaowebb
04-02-2007, 09:18 AM
I just got back from the convention in Colombus and I have to say it was overall a decent con with potential to go far. So lets all give our opinions on what rocked and what could have been improved.

Special Guests:5 out of 5
This con had an incredible line up of talented individuals performing and signing at it. The Protomen were insanely entertaining performers, The Spoony Bards could play nearly anything you suggested and did for the entire length of the con. Thats really no small feat here to play music from 9am to past midnight for several days. The Voice Actors were very friendly and entertaining during the signings and throughout there stay during Armageddicon.
Mad props to the Armageddicon booking staff.

Vendors:3 out of 5
There was an excellent group of vendors dealing in the dealers room this year and the range of products served pretty much anything you couldve been into. Import games, wallets, clothing, wigs, props, manga, dvd's, vhs, figures , decals. The list goes on. Only thing was the room got crowded quickly and stayed that way so a few points lost here. A couple of the tables had a lot of free room behind them to be scooted to while still leaving the vendors room to locate and pull out additional merchandise so Ill give the dealers room a 4 out of 5 for excellent variety but it could have utilized the space a little better to allow con goers to shop more comfortably. Not too bad but quite hard to browse anything or get to anything you were after.

Game Rooms: 5 out of 5
Great variety here of games for any generation of console. They ranged from atari all the way up to the new gen of games. Gamer comfort level was clearly taken into consideration as well with how DDR was seperated away from most of the gaming to allow gamers to get loud and crazy without interfering with anyone elses fun. Lots to do back there and I have to say it was quite well planned and executed. Keep up the good work here.

Panels/Video rooms: 5 out of 5
Main thing here is variety and execution and I have to say that it these had plenty of each. Lots to watch and lots to see. From vampires to game designing it showed up. Nice selection people good job!

Organization: 1 out of 5
This is really the only thing that went wrong. Somewhere along the way there apparently were a few breakdowns in communication with staff and tech. It was really hard to watch that poor girl on skit #2 sit there forever with the staff stalling for time until tech could find out what happened to her files on the system due to a miscommunication on how skits were to be labeled.
Also the floor had a tremendous amount of noise pollution. This occured when the DJ's booth was set up on the main floor directly across from The Spoony Bards. The result of this was two people playing with neither being able to be enjoyed. It also forced so much volume across the floor that con goers had to yell a lot which meant mingling didnt occur between guests as easily as needed. Most folks seem to have to mingle at a distance from the entertainment just to be heard. A solution for this would be next year to simply locate the DJ outside the game room where they were playing techno anyhow on a cd player. In these tight quarters the DJ wouldnt even need to max out his speakers to be enjoyed here and a live DJ while gaming wouldve felt sweet.
Also punctuality of events. A lot went off schedule. The protomen were delayed by 40 minutes. The cosplay competition got delayed by tech. It goes on but those were the worst. I think this is really due to set up times required and breakdown of communication so better organization of events could help this. Also estimating times for events. Random battle group is really what im talking about here. Most con goers will spend there time in and out of this room all day if its open yet it was alotted an hour or two at best. At another convention I was at RBG ran all three days begin to end of the con breaking only for major events like cosplay, dealers room opening hours, concerts and autograph sessions. It served as a way to have fun when youve already shopped and gamed and were just needing to kill time for events. When it shut down the room was still full with a line still waiting to play. This really shows that RBG should be given there own room in the future as I have seen done at other cons. They just give people a reason to stay longer which is a reason theyll come back again. Also its just sad that they pay for everything out of there own pockets to put on shows to entertain us and they get cut after a few hours. Thats not even time enough for the fans to try to tip them as support for them. Really bad here so please keep organization and time alotment to guests in priority for next year.

Overall: 3 out of 5
Generally this con can become an incredible event with everything that was lined up to be at it but due to organization undercutting a lot of these things it comes off about middle of the pack. A little more communication and organization will make this con explode. Keep it up Armageddicon and keep working!

Misarylane
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
yeah and the registration took forever thare were 2 lines that day. and the rave was held back twice it didnt start til 12.

Ryuuza
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Also posted this in "Other Cons" section. I went. Friday and Saturday as Soifon from Bleach. Captain's uniform, yellow sash, no wig or zanpakutou. Not many pictures were taken, but any would be appreciated, especially ones of me standing with a wigless orange-jacket Yoruichi in glasses.

And yes, I have pics from the con. What I took can be found here, feel free to take what you want/need.

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/Gryphoneon/Anime%20Punch/

ningyobaka
04-02-2007, 11:10 PM
i say the con isn't gonna grow or get better if mike doesn't get his act in gear.

i know i won't be back. along with several others i spoke to due to mikes behavior and i know i'm not alone either. i talked to lot's of other con goers who really didn't like mike and wouldn't be back, along with others who were to work but didn't cause of mike and some of his staff even that worked that found an extreme dislike and contempt for him. pretty much he's in a whole personally that's gonna effect his con, adn if he keeps it up to much might kill it.

Misarylane
04-02-2007, 11:25 PM
awwww i love ap, i hope it dosent die. *panics* i didnt meet mike in person so I guess i just dont care!! I also dont care to meet him if he really IS a jerk, but i still want to go to anime punch.

Ryuuza
04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
i say the con isn't gonna grow or get better if mike doesn't get his act in gear.

i know i won't be back. along with several others i spoke to due to mikes behavior and i know i'm not alone either. i talked to lot's of other con goers who really didn't like mike and wouldn't be back, along with others who were to work but didn't cause of mike and some of his staff even that worked that found an extreme dislike and contempt for him. pretty much he's in a whole personally that's gonna effect his con, adn if he keeps it up to much might kill it.

I agree. My friends and I found his behavior unacceptable. In my opinion, college students shouldn't be running a convention anyway. While some of them are mature enough to handle it, many are not. I speak from my own opinion and experience, however. Like I said, not all college students fit into this category, but I do believe Mike has proved my point in his own case. My friends and I were taking bets on how long it would take the police to come and arrest him with the name "Pedo-Mike," too. I think that's a bit uncalled for. Pedophilia is not funny -- and no, I was not raped as a child, you will get no sob story from me. I mean molesting and raping anyone is not funny... but children? I don't think we'll be going back, either.

shaowebb
04-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Pretty sure Mike crapped on me and my wife on the cons forum for saying we were going to attend as Dethklok. He mocked that it wasnt anime and that they wanted it a strictly anime con.
Um then why book things for gamers and net nerds if you want a strictly anime crowd? Seriously I drove from WV to attend a con to see The Protomen (videogame band), The Spoony Bards, and Random Battle Group and this dude doesnt get to tell me what I can wear considering the effort Im putting out just to attend.
Total prick.

Ryuuza
04-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Pretty sure Mike crapped on me and my wife on the cons forum for saying we were going to attend as Dethklok. He mocked that it wasnt anime and that they wanted it a strictly anime con.
Um then why book things for gamers and net nerds if you want a strictly anime crowd? Seriously I drove from WV to attend a con to see The Protomen (videogame band), The Spoony Bards, and Random Battle Group and this dude doesnt get to tell me what I can wear considering the effort Im putting out just to attend.
Total prick.

I'm sorry to hear about what Mike said to you and your wife. I enjoyed talking with you and seeing your spectacular cosplays at this past Tsubasacon. I'm pretty pissed at the whole "you're gonna cosplay this" thing as well. It's a con -- we're all here to have a good time. Cosplayers should be able to have fun and cosplay whatever they feel comfortable in. Props to those who did stuff from movies/j-rock/video games, ect. It's just the fact that some people honestly like cosplaying video games or other things in popular culture. Anime/manga isn't the only thing that's "con-worthy." I'm pretty pissed about what happened at the rave as well, my friend got hurt as a result of that stupidity.

codi
04-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty pissed about what happened at the rave as well, my friend got hurt as a result of that stupidity.

I'd like to know what stupidity you're speaking of? (as a staff member)

We only had one reported injury, so if someone else was injured for whatever reason, we'd like to be informed. Your friend should've also reported being injured. Please PM me with any details, thanks. ^_^

Mikepower9
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Dude, I was looking for you guys but I never saw you! Most people know that I LOVE that show!
And yeah, I do what I can to encourage anime cosplays. After all, its an anime con. There are plenty of other conventions that cater to every interest, but we try and stay focused on that. You're under no obligation to come if you don't think you'll have a good time.

Anyhow, I'd love to see some photos of your cosplays!

-The total prick

Total prick.

Boxgundam
04-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Bah I had a very fun time.. even though I didn't bring Gundam. I absolutely loved it this year. I was helping run the registration on Friday, we had an issue with the badges but at least we let everyone enjoy the con without asking everybody to wait.

Only problem I had was this Afro guy with a sword who hit on everyone and their mom.. and was incredibly disrespectful to the voice actors who attended... I swear by the end of the con I wanted to punch that guy! But other then that it was a very fun con.

Antimony
04-04-2007, 01:08 AM

shaowebb
04-04-2007, 08:28 AM
And yeah, I do what I can to encourage anime cosplays. After all, its an anime con. There are plenty of other conventions that cater to every interest, but we try and stay focused on that.

No you dont try to stay focused on anime themes in the least and its laughable to say you do. I mean if you stayed so focused on that why did you book 2 videogame themed bands, 4-chan panels,vampire panels, RBG and a game room.
The answer is simple. You would still like to profit off of that non anime crowd with your con.
Either dont book things with a non anime theme and put your money where your mouth is or just shut up. I have nothing more to say because that should some it up.

Someguy
04-04-2007, 06:14 PM
Mike is awesome.. My parents even loved Mike, and theydidn't even want to be there. They thought he was awesome. Especially the stalling during skit 2 of the cosplay contest. Loved that. xD

Miyabi-
04-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I spy Desmonthesis and the Ackbaria paddle!

Man, my paddle is such a whore! It really got around at this con..lol

Ryuuza
04-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Man, my paddle is such a whore! It really got around at this con..lol

Lol. It was awesome, can't wait to see it again. Thanks for allowing me to borrow it for the pictures.

Lolita
04-06-2007, 10:48 AM
I loved anime punch it was fun. I have to say the programing was werid. But all in all i had a good time I laughed a lot. Plus I bought some good stuff. Lost at the cosplay show but made tons of friends. Enjoyed beatboxing rapping and singing all on one show. Plus you shouldnt let someone . .i mean just one person ruin your time of what you could make a great con.
Nadia The secret of blue water Cosplayer

Ryuuza
04-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I loved anime punch it was fun. I have to say the programing was werid. But all in all i had a good time I laughed a lot. Plus I bought some good stuff. Lost at the cosplay show but made tons of friends. Enjoyed beatboxing rapping and singing all on one show. Plus you shouldnt let someone . .i mean just one person ruin your time of what you could make a great con.
Nadia The secret of blue water Cosplayer

You're right. The con itself wasn't bad. I can't speak for everyone, but the way it seems for now -- we're just venting on what did make the con less enjoyable for us. Even though there were some problems, I still enjoyed cosplaying, the dealer's room, and the panels. I also made friends, enjoyed drinking Bawls, swimming in the pool/soaking in the hot tub, and I took lots of pics of cosplayers and the events. The con itself was not bad, but I have been given a bad first impression in certain areas. I may wait a few more years before coming back. In the mean time, there are many more cons to experience.

Lolita
04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
You're right. The con itself wasn't bad. I can't speak for everyone, but the way it seems for now -- we're just venting on what did make the con less enjoyable for us. Even though there were some problems, I still enjoyed cosplaying, the dealer's room, and the panels. I also made friends, enjoyed drinking Bawls, swimming in the pool/soaking in the hot tub, and I took lots of pics of cosplayers and the events. The con itself was not bad, but I have been given a bad first impression in certain areas. I may wait a few more years before coming back. In the mean time, there are many more cons to experience.

But for now just thinking about all the good times and the friends you made
and if you have a picture of nadia let me know XD

kalajessta
04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
I enjoyed the con besides a few things that happened around me. The artist alley issue was slightly cramped, but I understand that it wasn't the con's fault that they had to deal with firecodes. The hotel was in a good location and it was nice to be able to walk to food places (without dying in cosplay). The con suite was a good idea as well and seemed to be successful. Apparently I missed the sushi? Oh wells. I'm still on a con-high, but I am also prepairing for TekkoshoCon in a week.

Mikepower9
04-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Well lets see, we had nearly 180 hours of live programming, 4 of which were used to talk about video games and another 3 devoted to 4chan (which quickly turned into a hentai panel)

Had you gone to the vampires panel you would have seen it was vampires in anime (hellsing, trinity blood, D, etc.).

I'll be generous and estimate as many as 9 hours of live programming that weren't specifically anime, that comes out to about 5%. Wow, we really fucked up! 5% non anime?! Unacceptable, we'll try again harder next year!

We're anime focused, not anime nazi's. But you won't be happy no matter what so why should I bother. If we were 100% anime you would bitch about not having ANY shared fandom stuff, and as a 95% anime con you're already bitching about us hedging on the mission statement.
We're never going to be a generic convention, I'm sorry. If we're not your thing then we're not your thing, that's all there is to it.

Lolita
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
TnT
I really wish people would stop venting their anger on Anime Punch. Its really making me sad. I think Mike and the Other Anime Punch staffers worked really hard in putting Anime Punch together. I do not think we actually realize how hard it is putting an anime convention together. Honestly I didnt until I made friends with Con Staffers. Plus if you were watching any of them they were still working hard in making sure everything went smoothly. Plus when things went wrong they were there to make sure it was taken care of. Based on those facts we should all give them there RESPECT . . .and yes that does include Mike aswell.

Yes I think the programming was weird but I didnt say I dont like weird. I am so use to anime con schedule being the same at every con when I went to Anime punch I had to pay attention to the book which actually made me happy that it wasnt a waste of paper ^_^

Anime Punch is an Anime Cosplay Convention.
" Anime (ah-NIH-may) is a term for Japanese animation."
It just wanted anime cosplay characters

Anime Conventions today are more of an Japanese Culture con. I think we are getting use to anime conventions today being a free for all where we can dress up like anything we want from an asian country or video game. This convention wanted to uphold its name in being an anime cosplay convention. I dont think thats such a big deal, there are tons of cons why cant anime punch be one were you can cosplay as anime character?
Yes there were non anime panels I think they just wanted anime cosplayers running around the con. I dont think it wanted a non-anime war.

To MikePower9, Codi and any other anime staffers on here.
I had an awsome time at anime punch and i respect your hard work!!
I got to cosplay Nadia: The secret of blue water
Play Hide- in- go seek around 1-4 am in the morning in my cosplay without getting in trouble!!
Made totally new con staffer friends who are totally awsome!! Not to mention new con people after being in the cosplay walk on. The panels were awsome, not to mention the ddr room where i showed that nadia sucks playing !!! Priceless Moments that you can only get at anime punch, I tell you.
Going to see my friends and I favorite show favorite your favorite anime sucks.
I had so much fun and it would take more than 3 days to tell you all the good times I had at anime punch.

I cant wait until next year I'll be 18 and see more panels!!
Its hard to keep up such dashing style and always pushing how daring cons can be but you do it well!!! So keep the good work up!!
I cant wait for next year
<3 CeeCee

codi
04-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I enjoyed the con besides a few things that happened around me. The artist alley issue was slightly cramped, but I understand that it wasn't the con's fault that they had to deal with firecodes. The hotel was in a good location and it was nice to be able to walk to food places (without dying in cosplay). The con suite was a good idea as well and seemed to be successful. Apparently I missed the sushi? Oh wells. I'm still on a con-high, but I am also prepairing for TekkoshoCon in a week.

It was pretty cramped, yeah ^^; But actually, you ended up in a pretty decent spot o.O There was tons of traffic right there, I noticed! I hope you did well selling-wise. Sorry I couldn't talk much more, I had to run to my panel ~.~;;

and thanks for the kind words, Lolita! It was my first time actually doing big staff work like that, so I was trying my best for everyone involved, so that AP could kick some ass. Reading the positive comments like these make me wanna work harder for next year ^o^

kalajessta
04-09-2007, 03:14 PM
It was pretty cramped, yeah ^^; But actually, you ended up in a pretty decent spot o.O There was tons of traffic right there, I noticed! I hope you did well selling-wise. Sorry I couldn't talk much more, I had to run to my panel ~.~;;

and thanks for the kind words, Lolita! It was my first time actually doing big staff work like that, so I was trying my best for everyone involved, so that AP could kick some ass. Reading the positive comments like these make me wanna work harder for next year ^o^

Yeah, luckily. It was a decent spot, but I've noticed alot of people seemed to be "poor" or at least didn't save any of their money for Artist Alley. I'm sure we'll see each other more at other cons this year and can talk more there. You guys seemed really busy too with being staff. How did your panel go? I've done several in the past on different subjects, but I think I'm all paneled-out for doing any more this year at least.

codi
04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, luckily. It was a decent spot, but I've noticed alot of people seemed to be "poor" or at least didn't save any of their money for Artist Alley. I'm sure we'll see each other more at other cons this year and can talk more there. You guys seemed really busy too with being staff. How did your panel go? I've done several in the past on different subjects, but I think I'm all paneled-out for doing any more this year at least.

-_- Just pox on em then! *casts pox*
Then again, I don't have much room to talk, I didn't get to browse either the dealer's room or artists alley x.x So yeah as long as your table's gonna be there at (insert next con), I *will* be able to stop and say hi this time. XD

The panel I was running to was Drinking Songs, which I think went really well, and I hope we can have it back for next year. My other panels.. eeehhh the turn-out was so-so. As for panel-lage, since I can't draw (no AA for me ^^;), nor do I have the big sewing skillz to compete in the larger cons masqs (....eegads XD), panels seem to be my thing, and for awhile to come, it appears. I'm scheduled for some panels at ACen and Colossalcon. XD

The only problem was the completely unresponsive audiences I had! I would try to talk to them, and they would just stare at me like, "Oh shi-! She's talking to me!" I'm not that scary.. :bigcry: I figured AP audiences would be more...enthusiastic.. ? ^^;

Mikepower9
04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks lolita! It's comments like these that make me want to keep doing this, rather than just flat out quiting and closing the con!

Lolita
04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks lolita! It's comments like these that make me want to keep doing this, rather than just flat out quiting and closing the con! You are totally welcome
P.s. If you close things con I know that they're going to be a lot of disappointed people. Last year I made awsome friends at this con and to this day the reason I have friends at other cons are because we meet at this con. We celebrated our frist year as friends this year. So this con means a lot to us.

Codi you are most welcome you better work hard for it!! ^_~ I cant wait for next year!!

kalajessta
04-09-2007, 07:04 PM
-_- Just pox on em then! *casts pox*
Then again, I don't have much room to talk, I didn't get to browse either the dealer's room or artists alley x.x So yeah as long as your table's gonna be there at (insert next con), I *will* be able to stop and say hi this time. XD

The panel I was running to was Drinking Songs, which I think went really well, and I hope we can have it back for next year. My other panels.. eeehhh the turn-out was so-so. As for panel-lage, since I can't draw (no AA for me ^^;), nor do I have the big sewing skillz to compete in the larger cons masqs (....eegads XD), panels seem to be my thing, and for awhile to come, it appears. I'm scheduled for some panels at ACen and Colossalcon. XD

The only problem was the completely unresponsive audiences I had! I would try to talk to them, and they would just stare at me like, "Oh shi-! She's talking to me!" I'm not that scary.. :bigcry: I figured AP audiences would be more...enthusiastic.. ? ^^;

I don't understand why people attend panels when they don't respond to the panelists. I had issues with this as well in the past >>;; The only panel or event that I had a good attendance/response to was my Ouran Tea Party at Ohayo Con. Then again, any Ouran event seems to turn out well for me.

But yeah, next year I shall have another table and at other cons this year as well. I know for sure I'll have a table at: ACen, Colossal, Matsuri and Youma for sure. The others are iffy at this point.

ParaPara*Tsu
04-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I really enjoyed this con, and am planning on coming next year. :o
I agree with lolita-chan, no reason for everyone to be angry. Even I tried a reasonable debate, but I soon learned to accept it...except when I dressed in cooler clothing for my DDRing.

Keep up the good work, and if you guys need any help (espically in music game staffing, or music gaming in general) I'm more than welcomed and honored to help. :angel:

<3 Tsugaru

Miyabi-
04-11-2007, 02:50 AM
, nor do I have the big sewing skillz to compete in the larger cons masqs (....eegads XD),

Lies! I could see how good you and your sis's costumes were! ^_^ You guys make lots of pretty ruffly costumes and I give you props for that. :bigtu: Ruffles are a pain!

codi
04-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Lies! I could see how good you and your sis's costumes were! ^_^ You guys make lots of pretty ruffly costumes and I give you props for that. :bigtu: Ruffles are a pain!

Ehhhh ^^;; not taking credit on those. XD It was a group ;o;

But yeah ruffles = PAIN IN THE ASS. I don't think I wanna make ruffles by hand ever again.

And next year for AP, I'm not wearing such a dedicated costume. Way too hard to do decent staff work and have to keep making sure I wasn't pulling some kind of indecent exposure XD Also having to take my gloves off and on and off and on was a pain too.