PDA

View Full Version : American cartoon ^_^

neoangelwink
04-05-2003, 04:20 PM
ever one know what anime they wold like to cosplay as . but what American cartoon ^_^ would cosplay as?
i would like to 80" style strewberry short cake, she so cute i love when i was kid ^_^. what American cartoon would u be?:angel:

K_Valentine
04-05-2003, 04:22 PM
Either Kenny from South Park or Linus from Peanuts

Garuda_Aiacos
04-06-2003, 06:25 AM
Strawberry Shortcake will be nice. Still remember those innocent days.

But one thing I'll love to do is a character or 2 from M.A.S.K. :D

And a little OT, I'm really, really want to do a Character from the 1987 TV Show, Captain Power. Either as Jennifer Chase or Hawk or my own character (as part of the team); in their army uniform of course! ;)

djmihoshi
04-06-2003, 08:50 PM
I'd have to go with either Wanda from The Fairly Oddparents, Rainbow Brite, or Shadowcat from X-men Evolution. Kitty Pryde's so cool!

neoangelwink
04-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Shadowcat would be really Cool ^_^ and so would doing m.a.s.k
Linus from Peanuts is so cute.

Miroku
04-07-2003, 02:32 AM
If I could figure out a way to pull it off, I would go to a con as Lion-O. He was one of my favorite cartoon characters from my childhood.

number18
04-07-2003, 11:29 AM
Hmm. I would dig going as Cheetara definitely...or Shee-ra...and it would be mad complicated to do, but I would LOVE to cosplay as perhaps Demona or Titania from Gargoyles...although I like Brooklyn better than those two. And maybe I'd do someone from Rainbow Brite. HOWEVER, my favorite show as a kid was TMNT and I would love to do April O'Neal. The yellow jumpsuit? Hehe.

neoangelwink
04-07-2003, 02:51 PM
thunder cat was great show i would also like to do Cheetara.
there are Gargoyles con. bast on that show.

number18
04-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Holy schnap there's a Gargoyles con?! It only makes sense, but wowwie. ^_^ Where is it held?

neoangelwink
04-08-2003, 01:54 PM
sadly i for got, my friends friend does she part of this big Gargoyles con , cosplay , massage boar, fan fic thing ^_^ i will have ask again ^_^, she did great Gargoyles costime too.

DarkFlame
04-08-2003, 02:22 PM
I would like to cosplay as Cornholio from Beavis and Butt-head!! 'Tis hilarious :D

neoangelwink
04-08-2003, 02:35 PM
hehe that be very funny. i do have frind look just like Beavis. he do the Cornholio very well.

Jacques Strapp
04-09-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by neoangelwink
ever one know what anime they wold like to cosplay as . but what American cartoon ^_^ would cosplay as?
i would like to 80" style strewberry short cake, she so cute i love when i was kid ^_^. what American cartoon would u be?:angel:

Nightcrawler all the way, man!!

Nadeshiko
04-12-2003, 06:46 PM
That Blueberry Chick from Strawberry Shortcake. ^^

Or maybe an original character from Jem...

It's always crossed my mind to do Jeanette from Alvin and the Chipmunks. I just need an ugly sweater and pleated skirt of that sort. ^^

neoangelwink
04-12-2003, 10:56 PM
yeahee ^_^

Garuda_Aiacos
04-13-2003, 01:56 AM
Hmm, has anyone seens anybody trying out The Simpsons? I remember seeing "Marge" and "Lisa" at a Japanese Cosplay Website. :p

Hikaruchan
04-13-2003, 01:23 PM
There was a Cheetara at AWA a couple of years ago - that was neat to see.

For me, eventually I want to do Stormer from Jem

neoangelwink
04-14-2003, 08:52 PM
that really cool. i have seen x-man,zim, rain bowbright and home star runner. at some con here. i wounder how many Japanese do amercan charchers at con in japne?

resilient
04-14-2003, 09:36 PM
If I could I would go as a Care Bear! I loved that show when I was a kid. Rainbow Brite was so fun as well. I still have a stuffed horse (the one that Rainbow Brite rode). Yes, I am a freak, but a happy one. . .

lupineloli
04-15-2003, 01:29 AM
I have all of the original 1983 12" dolls from Rainbow Brite in pristine condition as well as 2 Starlite's ("the horse") and Puppy Brite. I collect RB as well as MLP (my little pony) and other miscellaneous 80's cartoon nostalgia.

There was a Stormy and Rainbow pair at Fanime last year. I would like an outfit like both of them just for the hell of it - not really to specifically cosplay (since those 2 are my favorite from Rainbow Brite). I also have a very JEM like wig and wouldn't mind scrounging up some awesome 80's belt dresses like JEM had to cosplay as her. I normally wear the wig to clubs.

I saw a Stormer at a con once - well - a picture of a Stomer on Fansview. Some midwestern convention, I believe, early in the year. Perhaps Ohayo-con or Katsucon.

Blueberry Girl = Blueberry Muffin

I like Raspberry Tart myself ^-^ She's just as egotistical as I am (or nearly LMAO)

JustinCredible
04-15-2003, 06:38 PM
So many good characters...

Junkyard Dog (From Rock And Roll Wrestling)
Lando (From Clerks: The Animated Series)
Mike The TV (From Reboot)

neoangelwink
04-15-2003, 11:25 PM
care bears ^_^ when i was little i use to love that show. i also dress as one when I was little. it was one of thows old plast one that were very flamble before they new. i use have a starbright doll. there some many good shows in 80s. ^_^ but are some good show now too like some one named JustinCredible. Love clerks ^_^ the animated show. aslo at con i have seen couples of web cartoons at cons too.

Ashurachan
04-16-2003, 04:41 AM
Remembers me of a group of French Thundercats cosplayers last Cartoonist (Paris, november 2002) :
http://www.animeland.com/cgi-bin/loaders/images.pl?5571&1
The same people had done a He-man group the year before that ^^

Hikaruchan
04-16-2003, 10:29 AM
Cool ThunderCats group. I remember seeing some Jem cosplay at another French con.

Pic of the nifty Cheetara from AWA is found at bottom of
http://conpics.tripod.com/awa00pg1.html

cube
04-16-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Miroku
If I could figure out a way to pull it off, I would go to a con as Lion-O. He was one of my favorite cartoon characters from my childhood. thunder, thunder, thunder cats hooooooooooooo!

No need to pyscho-analyze the significance of a sword that grows in length *giggles* I guess those "old days" weren't so innocent after all. :p

I'd go as Skeletor "He-Man tv series reference" man I love the bad guys they're soo much kewler then the crappy goodie 2 shoes good guys.

neoangelwink
04-16-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Ashurachan
Remembers me of a group of French Thundercats cosplayers last Cartoonist (Paris, november 2002) :
http://www.animeland.com/cgi-bin/loaders/images.pl?5571&1
The same people had done a He-man group the year before that ^^
wow that made my day ^_^

kelldar
04-16-2003, 11:21 PM
Oh my god, I hadn't thought about the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon in ages.
There was a skeletor at dragoncon last year, I got my pic with him (I was she-ra). He was doing the voice and everything. It rocked. There was also a Homer Simpson.. my friend Ash has pics of him up in her gallery here.

I actually thought of going as Megan from the My Little Pony cartoon... and then I thought no. :D I have done She-Ra, and 80's era Shadowcat, and Amalthea from the Last Unicorn (does that count as american or no? borderline? I dunno.), and for Dragoncon this year I'm doing 80's era Teela from He-Man.

There are a couple of 80s cartoons I'd like to see costumes from...
Moondreamers... this had some really funky futuristic glowy 80s style costumes. -> http://www.fortunecity.com/athena/dance/275/moonart.html

Lady Lovely Locks... I've seen one or two people do costumes from this... seems like fun, all that hair.

Rose Petal Place... oh, how I loved these dolls. Even as a kid I loved these costumes. When I had my short pink wig I was tempted to do Rose Petal, but I sold it...

yah!

sefie_tilmitt
04-17-2003, 12:07 PM
A friend and I are hopefully pulling off our Gargoyles costumes at Starfest in Denver, Colorado next weekend. I'm going to be Demona, and he's going to be Goliath.

neoangelwink
04-17-2003, 11:08 PM
please post your picture when get them.

lupineloli
04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
A friend and I want to cosplay LLL characters one day for San Diego Comic-Con. I know she is also making a Rose Petal costume.
Moondreamers rock too ~ I like Whimzee's outfit but Crystal Starr's hair. And the daughter of Scowlene is just awesome. I want to get some episodes now....

I've seen Japanese cosplayers as X-men/Marvel characters. They don't get a lot of our cartoons on their TV so I doubt a lot of them even know a lot of our 80's toons.

aonceu
05-16-2003, 01:03 AM
I like the original cartoon and the comics better but i want to cosplay Evolution Nightcrawler.

neoangelwink
05-16-2003, 01:07 AM
where for any con. i think very one would love to see it. but most best bet would be comic con

j-chan
05-16-2003, 09:05 AM
oh, wow. :D i can vaguely remember the eighties/early nineties, but i know they were fun! i'd love to do costumes from eureeka's castle (what was the horned magician's name?). oh, and doug(!), pepperann, and pete and pete! "i'm artie! the strongest maa~n... in the world!" i could never pull it off, but it would be fun for crap cosplay. XD

then there are cartoons that are relatively new- the powerpuff girls, hey arnold, reboot, and rocket power! i'd really like to be him from the powerpuff girls or anyone from reboot. i love reboot, but i haven't seen it in years!

then we get to the cosplay i most want to see: a captain planet cosplay. heck, let me be a planeteer! if we could get a group of gaia, the planeteers, some villains, and captain planet himself, i would just keel over from giddiness. XD

TheAnarCHris
05-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Me and my friends would SOOOO do a Pete and Pete cosplay....but as of now, the only non-anime costumes i'm doing are IceMan from the current X-books and Tycho from Penny Arcade.

aonceu
05-19-2003, 10:21 PM
Nickelodeon cartoons kickass! I used to watch Doug religiously.. A Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers group would be cool too.

Im surprised no one said Scooby Doo.

neoangelwink
05-19-2003, 11:20 PM
me too i like all ther old stuff not really ther new stuff thought. in joy zim.

MrGamera
09-21-2003, 08:37 PM
I've always thought about doing a Stinkor or Mer-Man costume from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I'm currently in the works on a stinkor one, its still in the planning stages right now but it will hopefully get done.

Susumari
09-26-2003, 09:37 PM
Ren&Stimpy: I LOVED that show!
The Smurfs: Eh...it was ok
Garfield and Friends: Love it...still watch it
Daria: Was Great! Still watch it

My Little Ponies and Carebears have said.

I was going to do Daria for cosplay this yr...but I didn't get it done in time. and...now since i cut my hair, I gotta wait till it grows.

It would be really funny to see a smurf. Ren and Stimpy...hmmm

neoangelwink
09-26-2003, 11:35 PM
^_^ good show indeed

KIL78
09-27-2003, 12:24 AM
<-----------------

and maybe a little pirates of dark water

Spiffy
09-27-2003, 10:13 AM
I wanna be GIR from Invader Zim sometime...I was gonna make the costume for Halloween last year, but I couldn't get ahold of what I needed so it didn't work out~

And I could actually prolly pull off Daria fairly well...I got the hair and the glasses, at least... :p

Selphie_fairy
09-27-2003, 10:53 AM
i wanna cosplay alex from totally spies (even though its a rip off of japanese cartoons ^^;) cause she reminds me of selphie having her yellow suit and hair style XD then i would like to do bubbles from the powerpuff girls or hawgirl from the justice league ^^

KusanIvy
09-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Oh Leonardo from TMNT - all the way! Thanks to TMNT 2K3 I'm back into the Turtles big time! Leo kicks shell!

I was actually very close to making a Leo costume. I had a friend who wanted to go to a con as April because she wanted to make a yellow jumpsuit and she was begging me to do Leo (cause it only makes sense to have a Turtle with April, after all).

But alas I had no time this summer for making costumes. Halloween is coming but I've decided to do Nightcrawler (movie version) instead.

SynVanSiWes
10-01-2003, 01:49 PM
I can't believe no one's mentioned Teen Titans yet. I'm planning on making both a Starfire and a Raven costume. I love thier characters even though they're so different. Plus the costumes are simple yet really distinctive.

Zeruda
10-01-2003, 04:05 PM
Ooh! American cartoons! I love them!

I would especially want to be Ren and Tula (Her second outfit) from the Pirates of Darkwater! Or Megan with the white dress she originally came with from My little Pony, ooh! Or Samurai Jack!!

^_^ And speaking of Care Bears - I had a weekend job once where I was a mascot for a store, so me and my freind got into a carebear and polarbear suit and stood out on the street corner and waved to cars XD [When no-body was lookin, we beat each other up, tho] I should upload the pictures one day ^_^

Selphie_fairy
10-01-2003, 04:58 PM
SynVanSiWes- its an awesome show hehehe XD i WUV raven (i collect her coons lmao!) but ya she would be cool to cosplay but mjor props if you do both hehe XD

Mekairinek
10-01-2003, 10:07 PM
Either..

Buzz-Off from 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe' (CLASSIC, since that would be the easiest to do, LOL)

or

Sweet Bee from 'She-Ra: Princess of Power'.

They were bit players in the classic cartoons, but I luvs 'em both GOOD. :bigtu:

If I also had a choice, I'd be Mekaneck from MotU as well. (Lookit my username. That's where I got most of it from, hee) I'd also would like to be Jem too. OH! And maybe Penelope Pitstop from 'Wacky Races'. (Shaddup, I *LOVE* that show. :p)

vazqjose
11-26-2008, 11:06 PM
i finally realized my fav. character's costume, Skeletor! Im really thankfull and happy that it became a reality

kojirojames2004
11-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Did you have to bump a thread that's over five years old to say that?

Mods, please close this thread.

vazqjose
11-27-2008, 11:44 AM
yes, because i wanted to

Benihime78
11-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I'd like to be Rogue from X-Men sometime. I've like that show since I was like 2 or 3- no joke(I used to watch it with my mom then XD). Maybe a South Park cosplay. There was another one, but it's not coming to mind ATM.....

knightmare6
12-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I wanna be GIR from Invader Zim sometime

LOL< I totally wanted to do Gir too, but I just recently did Cobra Commander :)

Same-nin
12-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Yeah... Not sure if this counts, but I'm currently working on a Punisher costume from War Zone for Katsucon 09. ^_^;

~FatalDreams~
12-23-2008, 11:18 PM
Hmmm....

I remember once I used to watch Teen Titans. Maybe a character from there.

Or on Adult swim, there's Metalokalypse, which I LOVE XD