PDA

View Full Version : Utena anyone?

sweet_magic
02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
I made a thread similar to this on the AWA forum, but I just wanted to post here too incase some of you don't frequent the AWA board very often.

Just wanted to know if anyone is going to cosplay from Revolutionary girl Utena this year. I've already gotten a few responses, but I'm aiming for a big group. So if anyone is considering cosplaying from either the tv series or movie just let me know. :)

Naraku1
02-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Yes! Listen to sweet_Magic and join our slowly growing Utena group! =D

ravenmist
02-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Maybe. Just maybe. It's up in the air right now, but I am planing an Utena for my sis and duelist Nanami for myself. We'll see.

sweet_magic
02-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Woot! More potential Utena cosplayers! ^_^

Just keep me posted if you and your sis decide to do Utena and Nanami. *Crosses fingers*

delicatexflower
02-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey, sweet_magic you can add me down as a potential Utena cosplayer. I'm thinking about doing either Anthy or attempting a crossplay and doing Mickey instead.

ravenmist
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Bringing up an old thread. Sorry. My sis and I won't be doing Utena and Nanami due to time contraints and I can't take the extra time off for AWA, so we'll only be there Sunday.

moonfall
08-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm doing Rose Bride Utena probably on Saturday (for the costume contest). I'm still trying to figure out how to make the Sword of Dios. I'm thinking of trying to bum a broken hilt off someone from the fencing team. (Fencing blades break frequently. I'm fortunate that it hasn't happened to me yet.)

One day I want to cosplay Juri, but that would be in the distant future.

sweet_magic
08-16-2007, 08:36 PM
MoonFall: I'm glad to hear your doing Utena. ^___^ Unfortunately I won't be doing Jury on Saturday. Instead, I plan on doing her Friday night for the ball.

Hikari_chan56
08-16-2007, 09:21 PM
An Utena here! I'm being the duelist version so YAY! UTENA COSPLAYERS!

sweet_magic
08-18-2007, 02:32 AM
An Utena here! I'm being the duelist version so YAY! UTENA COSPLAYERS!

Yay@! Another Utena. I hope to see you there one of those days. ^___^

Tsubaki_kun
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I'll be going as white artbook!Utena...in a wig that fits the movie version better. T_T

I would rather goes as Anthy, but considering I just decided to go to AWA about a week ago that just wasn't an option...always next year though. ^^ and perhaps by then I can figure out how to make my skin that dark

And it's sort of sad that I just joined this site to post this...but I didn't see any Utena posts on awa's site, so, eh.

Hikari_chan56
08-18-2007, 04:55 PM
YAY! More Utena cosplayers :D I can't wait to see you guys ^_^

moonfall
08-18-2007, 09:39 PM
If I go to the ball (not sure yet) I'll wear my Utena costume. I could easily change costumes.

Hikari_chan56
08-19-2007, 01:12 AM
I probably wont wear mine but I can't wait to see your Rose Bride Utena, Moonfall! :D I want to do that version someday ^_^

Iwiwal
08-20-2007, 12:37 AM
I'll be cosplaying black rose Kozue on Saturday, and a friend of mine will hopefully be Miki.

Hikari_chan56
08-22-2007, 08:28 PM
YAY! A MIKI AND A KOZUE! That'll be wonderful :D We'll all have to get together and take pictures ^ _ ^ We really need an Anthy, toooo! =o

Hikari_chan56
08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I heard about an Utena photoshoot at 7 p.m. on Friday. Anybody hear of this?

sweet_magic
08-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I did. The shoot is right before the ball since a couple of Utena cosplayers will be attending the ball, so it seems like the perfect oppurtunity for a quick photoshoot. ^___^

Hikari_chan56
08-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Yay! :D That's a great idea! Where's it going to be at?

moonfall
08-25-2007, 12:38 AM
I hope I can make it! It might be tough since showing up on Friday would mean missing class. My Japanese prof already knows I might be gone and is willing to make arrangements. I just don't know about one of the others.

Iwiwal
08-26-2007, 03:35 AM
I guess I'll be switching my cosplay days, so I can make it to this and my Death Note photoshoot on Saturday. XD; Not a problem. We could meet near the elevators, since it's easy to find, and move on from there if we have to? Thoughts?

Hikari_chan56
08-26-2007, 02:10 PM
The elevator sounds like a great idea :D

sweet_magic
08-26-2007, 07:16 PM
I guess I'll be switching my cosplay days, so I can make it to this and my Death Note photoshoot on Saturday. XD; Not a problem. We could meet near the elevators, since it's easy to find, and move on from there if we have to? Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. x3 Juri is 95% percent done. I just need to adjust a few things and finish styling the wig.

Hikari_chan56
08-26-2007, 09:46 PM
My Utena needs A LOT of work done to it ^^;;; I'm hoping to get it all done in time, but if worst comes to worst, I'll just go as the schoolboy Utena and not worry about doing her duelist version.

Iwiwal
08-27-2007, 01:37 AM
I still have to finish attaching the buttons and ropes to my Kozue outfit. You know, all the tedious stuff that's really very important.

I would love to have her proper sword, but I think I'll have to settle for borrowing a practice foil from a friend (assuming that's within the weapons policy?) and ignoring the inaccuracies, unless anyone has some inexpensive suggestions. Not like anyone but me actually knows her weapon's appearance by heart. >_>;

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Hikari_chan56
08-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Why not just buy a toy plastic sword from Walmart and decorate it? ^^ I might /try/ to make a Sword of Dios and decorate it. But I may not have much time to do so ^^;;

sweet_magic
08-27-2007, 09:48 PM
I'm tempted to get a sword as well now (wasn't planning on having a prop), though I'm not sure if I can find one similar to Juri's.

moonfall
08-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Practice foil, as in a fencing blade? No, that violates the weapons policy because it's metal. (Otherwise I might have worn my fencing clothes and a Juri wig.)

Anyone up for doing a skit?

Tsubaki_kun
08-28-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm having the sword of Dios made by my father, apparently he knows a lot about carpentry. It also seems my mum knows tons about crafts and is helping to fine tune the details, like the rose on the bottom, painting, and such. ^^

Of course the bill is a little high. *cough* But, considering how much all the other accesories cost I shouldn't complain.

Iwiwal
08-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Practice foil, as in a fencing blade? No, that violates the weapons policy because it's metal. (Otherwise I might have worn my fencing clothes and a Juri wig.)

Anyone up for doing a skit?

Even without it being sharp? Well that sucks. :/

moonfall
08-28-2007, 05:34 PM
Yep. I asked about it last year, and they said fencing blades were a no.

Iwiwal
08-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Again. Really unfortunate.
Thanks for the info. I stopped by Hobby Lobby today and picked up a wooden dowel, some foam, spray paint and stuff to try and construct one that'll be suitable. We'll see how it goes.

sweet_magic
08-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Aw. That does suck.

I'll be okay though. That's one less thing I have to worry about. xD

Iwiwal: Good luck on the sword. ^__^

Hikari_chan56
08-29-2007, 08:36 AM
^_^ Yep, good luck with the sword! Hey, is anyobody doing a duelist ring? :D I just bought a cheap one on Ebay and hopefully it will be here on time ^^'

Tsubaki_kun
08-29-2007, 12:25 PM
I've got a duelist ring...that doesn't quite fit. -_-; I'm trying to stretch it out a bit, but if that doesn't work I'll just walk around with a painfully tight ring.

moonfall
08-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Mine is a rose crest pin that I bought at another convention attatched to a cheap ring band. It's a bit large, but it's the best I can do.

I may not be able to make a sword in time, especially if the homework situation does not improve.

sweet_magic
08-29-2007, 08:35 PM
I have a duelist ring too that I got on ebay for about..... $20?

Hikari_chan56
08-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Awww and I thought mine was cheap xDDD Mine was 41$! But I've seen them sell for about 80$ so Im just relieved it's not that much xD

Iwiwal
08-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, my black rose crest was about $35. I don't think my Miki has his yet. Don't even think he's ordered a wig. -_- At this rate he'll have Party City spray colored hair and absolutely no props to speak of. DX

Btw, I think the sword's going to work out. I just need to wait until it stops raining around here, so I can spray paint it, then glue the hilt to the blade. :D

Hikari_chan56
08-30-2007, 09:35 PM
That's awesome :D I'm so glad there's so many Utena cosplayers ^_^

moonfall
08-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Are they doing skits at AWA? Anyone up for a skit?

Iwiwal
08-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Sword update for those who are curious:
The sword (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/froggyfluf/DSC01858.jpg)
The hilt (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/froggyfluf/DSC0186.jpg)
The reference (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/froggyfluf/vlcsnap-4784595.png)
It's con safe, and I'm pleased with it.

As for skits, I think I'll be cosplaying from Death Note by the time the contest rolls around, sorry. Otherwise I would have loved to work something out.

moonfall
08-31-2007, 07:25 PM
The sword looks great. I may just have to buy a cheap plastic one and paint it, given how busy I've been.

Hikari_chan56
08-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Sorry, I'm not entering in the contest ^_^;;;

Hikari_chan56
08-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Awesome Sword! O_o

Tsubaki_kun
09-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Wow, the sword is gorgeous and so accurate.

Hikari_chan56
09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
:D By the way, does anybody know if we'll have any other cosplayers from SKUtena?

sweet_magic
09-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Well so far, these after the following characters that *should* be there. ^_^

Rose bride Utena
T.V. version? Utena
White artbook!Utena
Movie version Juri
Miki
Kozue
Touga?

I'm sure there's going to be more SKUtena cosplayers on Friday than the above mentioned. ^_^

Hikari_chan56
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I really hope there's an Anthy and Saionji ^_^ A Nanami would be nice....then we'd have the entire main cast :D I remember that there was a Shiori last year at AWA, too ^_^

Iwiwal
09-11-2007, 12:19 AM
The Miki will make it. He's working on props and ordered his wig just last week. I'm glad to see him taking initiative with this thing. I think it'd be most amazing if an Akio showed up, personally.

And thanks to all of you who complimented my sword. <3 I'm quite pleased with it.

sweet_magic
09-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Hikari: I really do hope I'll bump into a Shiori there. ^_^ Along witrh Saionji and Anthy. It's not a 100% certain yet if Touga will be there .

Iwiwal: That's great to hear! I hope his wig arrives in time. And yes, an Akio would be FANTASTIC. *crosses fingers*

In regards to the photoshoot, would anyone be interested in seeing if Kevin (aka Fansview) will take out pics if he has a booth this year? He charges around $5 I think. Though I'm not sure what time he starts/stops taking photos. Should we move the shoot up to an earlier time (like 5 or 6pm?) or just leave it the same?

Hikari_chan56
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
5 or 6 sounds great to me :D And I would LOVE to see if we could have a cool photographer guy :D

And I have a friend who will eventually be cosplaying as an Akio but it won't be for AWA, sadly....But YAY! Im excited about the Miki! :-D

moonfall
09-12-2007, 11:00 PM
We need an Anthy. Who else are the Utenas going to pull theirs swords from? (Poor Anthy...three or four swords)

I got a petticoat to fill out my skirt. I think I'm going to have to pin it to the inside of the skirt because the built-in hoop is a pain to deal with. I also bought a cheap plastic saber that hopefully I can modify this weekend.

Iwiwal
09-12-2007, 11:43 PM
My classes end at 3 on Friday, and it takes 2+ hours for me to drive to the con. With that, checking into my hotel, and picking up my con registration, I'm not sure I could make it by 6, much less 5. If Kevin's booth is up and open, I'm all for that, but I can't work with a time change, sorry.

sweet_magic
09-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Iwiwal: No problem. We'll keep it at 7pm. Hopefully Kevin will still be doing photos. ^_^

moonfall
09-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I'm coming all the way from Florida. My university's anime club is planning on leaving late Thursday night. It means cutting class for one day, but I'm so stressed, I deserve it.

Iwiwal
09-13-2007, 12:29 AM
Have a safe drive!

I'm carpooling one of my apartment mates when I come, and I'm pretty sure cutting class would give her a stroke. Otherwise, I'd totally skip out early and get to the con by 2ish! I'm already thankful that I don't have my 9am on Monday. No way I could get myself out of bed that early after so much anime. XD;

moonfall
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Ick, I have a 9:30 class Monday. I have no idea how I'm going to have my homework done. Probably read in the car...

Hikari_chan56
09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm from Alabama so I'm having my cousin take me :3 7's great with me, too! I just can't stay but for maybe 30 minutes because I have to get ready for the AWA Ball....Anybody else going? :3

sweet_magic
09-13-2007, 09:46 PM
I'll be arriving early Friday most likely (I'm skipping school) so I won't have to wait too long for my badge.

As of right now, I'm not going to the ball again for certain reasons. =/ But who knows, I might change my mind.

moonfall
09-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm not planning on going to the ball, either. Actually, I was going to wear the Utena costume Saturday, but I could change before 7 since I'll be there all day Friday.

Iwiwal
09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I talked to my Miki yesterday. Turns out that he probably won't make it to the con until 8 or later, but we don't need to change the photoshoot just for him. He'd still love to get pictures with all you guys whenever he sees you. He'll have that costume all of Friday night and at least the first half of Saturday.

Neither of us are going to the ball.

moonfall
09-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I can't wait to see you guys! I know some people from uni who are going, but I'm not entirely sure who or how many. None of them are cosplaying with me.

I'm going to make my sword this weekend. If I have time, I'm thinking of making/buying Utena's pajamas and making a Chu Chu plushie for the PJ party.

Hikari_chan56
09-15-2007, 03:11 AM
Awww I really hope to get a few pictures with Miki :-D Right now, my costume is not even close to being finished....There's not enough hours in the day T_T Also, I have a question.....Is anybody coloring their eyebrows to make them the same color as their wigs? I want to, but I don't what would be a good thing to use to color them. Maybe a pink-eyeliner pencil? Lip liner?? Any ideas? xD

Iwiwal
09-15-2007, 09:26 AM
moonfall: The thought of a Chu Chu plushie might be the most adorable thing I've heard all month.

Hikari: I still have to put the last few ropes and buttons on my jacket, but I'm thinking I can do that today. Good luck finishing up yours. Whenever I wear my blue hair, I color my eyebrows with blue mascara, and it works really well.

Hikari_chan56
09-15-2007, 10:29 PM
CHU-CHU PLUSHIE! EEEEEEK <3

Is there such thing as pink mascara? If so, where can I get it? :-D

sweet_magic
09-16-2007, 10:30 PM
OOOh~ I've never even thought about coloring my eyeborws for cosplay. I wish I had more time to prepare otherwise I'd have orange eyebrows. >.<

And it looks like I won't be having a sword either. I procrastinated an I doubt it would arrive in the mail in time. ;_;

Iwiwal
09-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Hikari_chan: It exists! eBay says so. Don't know where you could find it though. o_o; I got my blue stuff at Walmart.

sweet_magic: That's unfortunate, with the sword. *crosses fingers for fast delivery* If you need/want to borrow mine for a couple pictures, you can.

Tsubaki_kun
09-17-2007, 12:55 PM
*sniffle* I hate to say it, but I won't be able to go the Utena meet-up. The lady I was getting my outfit from isn't even finished yet, plus the part she has shown is horrible and see-through. -_-;

Luckily my mum helped throw together another costume in a total of three hours, but it isn't an Utena character.

sweet_magic
09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Tsubaki: Oh no! That's horrible. ;_; Maybe you can throw together the school uniform version of Utena in time.

Iwiwal: Thanks for the offer! I might have to take you up on that if mine doesn't arrive in time ^__^ . Oh, that's a shame your Miki won't make it in time for the shoot, but we can always take pictures with him anytime (I'm bringing a camera with me).

moonfall
09-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Is it possible to change the date of the shoot? Doesn't matter to me personally, since I'm heading up late Thursday night, but if it's more convenient to someone else, that's perfectly ok too.

My Sword of Dios is underway. It still looks like a crappy Halloween prop, and I'm afraid it's going to be too thick, but it's workable. I also fixed up the decorations on my costume. Don't laugh at the ping-pong balls. (You'll see...)

Hikari_chan56
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
AWWW! NOOOO TSUBAKI-KUN!!!! *clings* I'm sorry you can't come T_T If it makes you feel any better, I ordered an Utena costume from somebody on Ebay and it was the WORST costume ever! Luckily, I have some skill in sewing so I'm /still/ working on fixing it--but I'll still be like, the worst Utena ever because of it >_< What makes it worse is the fact my sewing machine broke--so /everything/ will be hand-sewed T_T

As for a Sword of Dios, I'm at a loss and won't have anytime to make one >_< Moonfall, could I pose for a few pictures with your sword? :3

moonfall
09-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Sure. It kind of sucks, but once I'm done with it, it should be a passable Sword of Dios. You will have your costume ready, I hope?

I got a pair of PJ's that looks close enough for the PJ party Saturday night, and I also bought the materials for Chu Chu. It should be done by the time I leave.

Hikari_chan56
09-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Yay! Thanks, Moonfall <3 As for my costume...ehhhh......I will probably be the worst Utena EVER. I just found out, much to my dismay, that I can't fit into it properly. The waist is WAY too huge but the arms so I tight so I'm limited to a lot of movement >_< I'm not quite done with it yet so I have a day or two to fix it up and make it...well...not look like crap <3

I can't wait to see the Utena P-J version :-D I might show up at the PJ Party as Ducky-Pajama Utena xD I might do Ducky-Haruhi Suzumiya instead though...I dunno yet <3

sweet_magic
09-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Okay it seems like another group is having a photoshoot at the same time and location as we are. o.O; So does everyone want to push it back to 8pm instead so there won't be any conflict?

Iwiwal
09-19-2007, 05:40 PM
That's fine for me. I'm sure it would make my Miki happy to hear.

moonfall
09-19-2007, 09:41 PM
Fine by me.

BTW, this is a picture of my Utena costume at Anime Festival Orlando. I hate that wig. Maybe I ought to get another one.

http://www.shyguyproductions.com/gallery2/main.php/v/afo_2007/AFO_20070363.JPG.html

sweet_magic
09-19-2007, 09:55 PM
Alright. 8pm is is. No more changes I promise. =p

Moonfall: You look GREAT. I don't think that wig looks bad at all.

Hikari_chan56
09-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I can't do 8 pm. In fact, I dont think I can do the photoshoot at all....I tried my hardest to fix up the costume but I cant even fit into it....so you may just have Moonfall be your Utena since I'm too embaressed to even wear mine in front of myself =/ But we'll see if I can do some magic on it before Friday....

Hikari_chan56
09-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Scratch that--I /will/ be there as Utena. A really crappy Utena, but I'll do my best XD Is there a way to knock the photoshoot to 7:30? >_< I definitely can't make it to 8. I'm trying to do the AMV Hell room and the Ball at the same time ^_^;

moonfall
09-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Where are we meeting again? Front Lobby?

I hope I get my Chu Chu done this afternoon. I still have to pack.

Iwiwal
09-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Yup. Front Lobby. Near the elevators.

Considering the popularity of Harry Potter, they might not be done by 7:30. Either way, Hikari-chan, if I find you, I'll get pictures for sure. <3 It's too late to change the photoshoot time on the "official" list, but I don't mind dropping by early.

Hikari_chan56
09-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Okay T^T That'd be really great! I'm planning to wear Utena only to the photoshoot so you might not recognize me other wise >_< If not, I'll be sure to find you guys and see if we can't meet up again at another time :3

Hikari_chan56
09-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Is there any way we can just meet up at the elevators at 7:30 but leave really quickly once everybody gets there? There's only a few of us so the Harry Potter people probably won't mind! T_T