PDA

View Full Version : School!

Tenjou
08-17-2002, 02:33 PM
^_^ Hey everyone! just a poll about school. ^^ personally, I miss it. what about you guys? :D

Mei Lan Chang
08-17-2002, 03:19 PM
School. Summer. School. Summer. The essence of labor. The essence of sloth. You decide.

Rosiel
08-17-2002, 03:55 PM
I miss it...

Once you're in the working world... you quickly find out school was a lot more fun and you should have appreciated it more.

Koumori
08-17-2002, 05:16 PM
I actually don't miss school at all.. though maybe I'm still hurting from wrapping up my master's. College was all right. High school, not so much.

Yggdrasil Pie
08-17-2002, 05:35 PM
I want to go back... I can finally see my friends again! ^^
But...still... I don't miss the homework...

Ayaka
08-17-2002, 07:30 PM
. . . I'm not sure . . . I'm transferring, which means starting over. AGAIN. (I was in four different high schools.) So I don't know anyone, even though I have two friends locally . . . though I didn't have any friends at my last college anyway. But still, kinda intimidating. And after much career waffling, I am taking another animation course. I'm really scared about the quality of my art . . . err, I guess that puts me in the "make summer last forever!" category.

kyuuketsuki
08-17-2002, 08:01 PM
I'll admit it, I do miss school but I'm heading back in Sept so its no biggy....although I did just transfer to a new high school so I'm kind of scared.....I mean, I have to go searching out the anime fans again ^^;;; so hard, ne? :chatah:

"Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to continually be part of unanimity."
-Christopher Morley

Kurenai
08-17-2002, 11:30 PM
I'm sort of kind of looking forward to it because I'm starting uni and I'm told I'm going to meet a bunch of new people ^_^ Plus I need to check up on this anime club I've heard so much about

Quies
08-18-2002, 12:18 AM
i went back last thur. *SOB* had homework the first day too. and if that wasn't bad enough marching band started two weeks erlier then that. thank heaven that we only had 3 eight hours a day ones though.
oh and i was b-sitting all summer so i had none what so ever. feels like i've just had one long weekend...*sigh* at least i earned a lot of money though.
jesh, now i'm all riled up about school. darn it!

DJ(SiC)ness
08-18-2002, 12:50 AM
:thumbsup: HEHEHE i miss it but yet i don't want to go back.

I drive myself crazy while school is going on. I'm always trying to get perfect grades so i can have a perfect GPA. MUST GET GOOD GRADES FOR COLLEGE! Im in mostly honers classes and its driving me nuts! Im starting with a new HS to, this is going to suck i have no firends. But the great thing about this school is there is only 6 classes a day and we only go till 1:15 :D

I also got Japanese and Computer animation this year!

But i got mostly upper classmen classes so it will be hard to find friends my age.

1sr per. World History Honors ( i love history)
2nd per. japanese 1 (NO MORE SUBS! LOL)
3rd per. Chemestry Honors (ugg)
4th per. English Honors (i love writing but most of it is a waste)
5th per. 3D & Computer Animation (FINALLY!!)
6th per. Algebra 3&4 (im already bashing my head into a wall)

and that is it

L to the 3rd
08-18-2002, 02:31 AM
I HATE... STATISTICS....

*jumps off the roof*

Nadeshiko
08-18-2002, 02:34 AM
I'm starting college this year. Most of my first semester classes appear easy (but blah to Bio!). I'm looking forward to the college lifestyle. ^^

Speaking of which, I'm leaving tomorrow! Whee! I-5 freeway! XD To Northern Cali!

For those of you wondering, I'm heading up to SSU. ^_^

KuroBara
08-18-2002, 11:38 AM
*catches L to the 3rd* I survived, it'll be ok!

I've been taking physics all summer, so I really haven't had a break from the work. But I really love my college. More accurately, I love the people & the anime / sci-fi club. We always have so much fun!

Tenshi
08-18-2002, 01:12 PM
Ayaka, I know how you feel. I switched my major to art education this semester. . .but I've never taken an art class in my life. I know I'm going to feel so much farther behind than anyone. . .I'm scared O_o.

But I am SO eager to go back to school. I took last spring semester off, and have been working full time ever since. I like the increased cash flow, but I'm NUTS to go back and learn something (plus get away from the hell that is my job ^^;; ). Rosiel is right -- you don't realize how great school is until you're out of it.

DJ(Sic)ness -- no way! When did schools out here start offering Japanese? ARGH! ::pulls out hair:: Of course once I'm OUT of HS, they introduce some good classes >.<. I got stuck with Spanish ~~;;.

NeoDrifter
08-18-2002, 01:38 PM
I have to go to two high schools at the same time.........one for Japanese (in a different high school) and the other for my regular classes, but I say its worth it no matter what my friends say

scandia
08-18-2002, 02:23 PM
I love school. But then, I am the teacher. I also am a workaholic with an insatiable thirst for knowledge.

Hopefully I will keep this job for a long long time. High school students are not well behaved. Previous person apparently was fired due to SEVERE sexual harassment of the females- everyone tells me horror stories.

Studmaster
08-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Well, my Senior Year in College starts in 2 weeks. The only reasons why I want to go back is so I can get it over with, and then move on to hopefully get a job at an Anime company in the Business sector.

Sami
08-18-2002, 03:49 PM
I totally agree with Rosiel. Once you get out into the real world, you realize how good school really was.. ;_; *teardrop*

I just graduated from college this past May, and it feels really weird not to be going back soon. I loved college sooo much... <3.. aa, I want to go back! *sneaks back* XD

LiL QoH
08-18-2002, 11:25 PM
SAVE ME! I go to a year round school!:hafha:

Studmaster
08-18-2002, 11:53 PM
QoH: Where do you go that puts you though that hell?

Ayaka
08-19-2002, 12:32 AM
*gets into car to go kidnap QoH from evil school* *realizes she doesn't really know where she lives* *realizes she doesn't know how to drive* Dang. >.<

I think the rationale for year-round school is one of the stupidest I've ever heard, just for the record. And I was only in third grade when we were all protesting against it. It didn't pass in our district, we wound up with one short day a week instead (best idea EVER! Short Wednesdays or Fridays were a godsend!). XD Err, but I hated my schools anyway, so . . . lol. Okay, starting to remember why I appreciate college. Thanks! ^^

LiL QoH
08-19-2002, 12:39 AM
its not evil...yet lol I go to the Art Institute of California

Melchior
08-19-2002, 01:15 AM
I missed it when I moved out last spring, but I am definitely ready to go back now. I've only got one more year of university, so I'm going to enjoy it. Anyone else ever think about going to class in costume on Halloween? Or is this like, the essence of dorkiness, and not a good thing to do? I've got this perfectly good costume and all, and Sugoicon is a week or two before Halloween so I'll have it around...
:thumbsup:

Ayaka
08-19-2002, 03:13 AM
I'm glad it's not evil. lol. Good school, isn't it? (I think I've heard of it.)

Melchior - If you want to wear a costume to class, go for it! I'm seriously considering it, seems like it would be appropriate for animation II lol . . . essence of dorkiness or not.

peacecraft
08-19-2002, 10:45 AM
Um... I graduated years ago. Honestly, I miss it. It was a heckuva lot better than working for a living.

Mikagami
08-19-2002, 11:05 AM
You know what's sad?

I'm a recent college graduate, and I miss school so much now. Never missed it while I was in school (except for last two years of college), but I wish I was still in school. Damn me for going through college in four years flat!!

Neko Cathy
08-19-2002, 02:13 PM
Wow... most of you guys are in college... I feel so young.

After getting my schedule screwed over and being sexually harassed at my job, I am ready to go back to school! And this time, it will be my senior year in HS so HA! Time to practice the art of procrastination.

HazelAsher
08-19-2002, 02:41 PM
I'm not missing it...but then again, I bet that's because I haven't finished my summer reading. Online time, summer reading, online time, summer reading..maybe I better go soon. ;.;

Quies
08-19-2002, 04:13 PM
my schools started and i still haven't finished summer reading..sractch that. i still haven't started on book.
it's not that i hate school itself. somethings i really like, and it is fun some of the interesting/random info one gains. but it that other things that bugg me. people not wanting to WALK in hallways, or standing around in their little "circels of preeps" and blocking the whole hall. or the random homework that you won't remember the next day. or various other things like that. and the fact that i have no life with band, art, and four AP classes. i'm actually home at 3 today and it feels like a miricel.

Neko Cathy
08-20-2002, 08:57 PM
OMG! I still need to finish my last book... I'm 2/3 done with summer reading and two of the books I've read are Asian literature.. "Obasan" and "The Woman Warrior" so it's actually something worth reading. And the other book is based on the movie.. "The Shipping News"

Tenjou
08-21-2002, 09:11 AM
My school usually has summer reading for the new 8th graders, but we didn't get a list this year @_@. that hasn't stopped me from reading 4 books this summer XD ^^:: I love reading. hehe ^^:::

Hikaruchan
08-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Been out of school for years. What I miss most is marching band.

Marth
08-21-2002, 09:26 PM
I hate summer! I get so d@mn board! all I do is play Gamecube and do chores appart from surfing the web.

I wanna go back so I can see my pals again and plat the DragonBall Z Card Game during class again!! ^_^

Tenshi
08-21-2002, 10:41 PM
;_; Hikaruchan, I miss marching band too. I could still do it in college, but. . .meh. Did it last year, got sick of the drunks shouting at me and screaming for crap-@$$ songs >.<.

Neko Cathy
08-22-2002, 08:17 AM
The marching band rules... the only people who I hanged with at the football games who were my friends (I'm not apart of it though).

Tenjou
08-22-2002, 09:07 AM
Marth- same here! I get so bored after a few day of summer. ^^ I neeeeeeeeeeed school! but the thing is, when I'm in school, I want summer, and when it's summer I want school, but I'll never win XD

Miaka No Baka
08-22-2002, 11:57 AM
I hate school with a passion. I'm lazy and i hate doing the work classes entail. No matter how early and how much sleep i get the night before i still fall asleep in my classes. It got so bad i just stopped going although some of the ones i stopped going to i passed and some of the ones i failed >_> I took a year off just to work full time and i love it. I'd rather be working then going to school. Although i've got a lot more school to go. I just switched majors from CS to CIS and im going part time so I'm only taking 1-2 classes and I've got like 15 pre-reqs to fullfill before i can even take the stupid classes for the major. Turns out most of my credits I took at UCSC didn't transfer over class wise to CSU Stanislaus >_> So all that programming classes i took dont count for my major when they have a freaken class just like the one i already took *shakes fist angrily*

Miaka no Baka

Tenjou
08-22-2002, 12:09 PM
when I end high school, I might take a year to myself. ^_^ then I'll go to college hopefully! ^_____^

Marth
08-22-2002, 03:26 PM
Tenjou, you're just like me! never happy... looking forward to school, but once I'm in school I can't wait for summer.

When do you end High School? I'm gonna start my Senior Year this year.

Quies
08-22-2002, 06:43 PM
wow. ex marching banders here! yay. you guys know what i'm going through right now then. pesronally, band is a love hate kinda thing. hate having to practice, but i'm sure not going to quit.

Jibrille
08-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Sunday + me + lots of my stuff = MOVE IN DAY!

YAY FOR COLLEGE!!! it would have been my last year....
*grumble* had i not changed my major my freshman year.
but WHO CARES! I'M having a GRAND time! yes... a grand time that will only add another 8,000 to my debt *nervous laugh* ^^;

but seriously, i love college to pieces. it is by far the best school experience a person can ever have.
between anime club, photography, and choir... it rocks all...

though i admit i am not at all looking forward to life drawing class...
ugly nekkid people + me with charcole and paper = ewwww

Tenjou
08-23-2002, 08:44 AM
>Tenjou, you're just like me! never happy... looking forward to school, but once I'm in school I can't wait for summer.

When do you end High School? I'm gonna start my Senior Year this year.<

Marth- I know! ^^ I haven't started high school yet actually. lol. ^^::: I'm going into 8th this year, then I start high school. I end in 2007 I think? I think I got that correct. talk to you soon!

Nadeshiko
08-23-2002, 02:09 PM
Scandia - I know what you mean with high school students. I was a TA for a night class. I thought it would be okay, since the students at my high school showed respect to authority. However, these were students from the ghetto. It was like Dangerous Minds in a way. After a few months of TAing, I decided to quit.

Horror stories, I've heard lots of faculty horror stories...ugh, glad I'm out of high school. I had a scary teacher who loved to insult my family. I was so close of getting her fired...*kicks certain ass kissers*

Shadow Lady
08-27-2002, 12:27 AM
I want to go back to school and see all my friends but then I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning again.
My Japanese teacher assigned homework over Summer and I still haven't finished it and I only have a week left. I need to write 60 more sentances, memorize some kanji, and all katakana for a test on the first day of school.
Wish me luck.

Studmaster
08-27-2002, 12:51 AM
Well, I go back on Thursday Morning, so I can beat the rush, and do it in time for AXNY (Just a few more days, SWEETNESS!!!). I just can't wait till I graduate!

Tenjou
08-27-2002, 09:05 AM
Dun dun dun.... the first day for me is tomorrow. ^^:: none of my friends are in my classes. -cries- oh well, I'll have to make new friends again this year, then next year in high school. X_x

Lovelyangel_81
08-27-2002, 09:34 AM
I miss school, but I don't miss high school. I am glad that I am in College now. *right now at school* Maybe somethings I miss about high school (well my high school) All my friends and some teachers.

Oshi
08-27-2002, 10:00 AM
Starting college... well, the day after AXNY. Hurrah!
It should be fun... better than high school, anyways...
Electrical Engineering at Widener University... huzzah.

Meh, at least they have an anime club...

Sami
08-27-2002, 10:47 AM
Go go engineers!

School started here for most of the highschool and grade school kiddies today.. my boyfriend, who usually has a 45 minute ride to work, got there in an hour and a half due to.... you guessed it, those luverly yellow buses. ^_- HONKHONK!

forte-mari
08-27-2002, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I want to go to college, it seems like it'll be fun, but I'm a bit worried about the work I'm gonna have to do.

Phavorianne
08-27-2002, 11:42 PM
@__@ college... fun? Duuuude, which college do you go to? XD

*reads Mari's quote from Feynman* Man, I wish I could've gotten Feynman as a freshman physics prof *_* then maybe college would be fun! XD XD XD

Mweeheehee. I still have more than a month left of summer break... =3

Shima-Mizu
08-28-2002, 09:20 PM
I'm a senior this year...school starts 2 days after AXNY (though my dad goes back to work the day after AXNY cuz he works at the school). One year left of high school and then off to college I will go...

I'm looking forward to college though cuz I'm going to major in Japanese ^_^V Gotta go the ultimate uber-otaku way, heh.

forte-mari
08-28-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Phavorianne
@__@ college... fun? Duuuude, which college do you go to? XD

*reads Mari's quote from Feynman* Man, I wish I could've gotten Feynman as a freshman physics prof *_* then maybe college would be fun! XD XD XD

Mweeheehee. I still have more than a month left of summer break... =3

I'm at University of Rochester studying optics...and you have no idea how happy I am to find someone else that know's who Feynman is off the top of their head. Yeah, I wish I could've had him for a professor.

BabySnowLeopard
08-28-2002, 10:49 PM
Dude, what are you talking about Paffles?
We had SUPER FILLIPONE! That's better than Feynman XD
*loved Super Mario Day in physics* XDDDDDDDDD
*coughs*

.... lol, we'd better know who Feynman is... or... *gets kicked outta the school* XDDDDDDDD
They say the reason freshman enrollment at our school is limited to around 200... is that back in the day, everyone wanted Feynman for Ph1a, and the largest lecture hall held about 200 people.
He must have been a great prof >_<

~Kie

daria_jack
03-21-2003, 04:15 PM
oh man I hate school, and everyone there hate me for some reason (I know why). I like to learn, just not the learning prosses. and I love to hang out with my friends, look at guys

Jinx
03-22-2003, 01:40 AM
Hmmm. I'm not sure either.

I used to like being in school, because it kept me busy, but now I'm honestly thinking of not going back to college next year, taking on two jobs, and some classes with the acting school I jsut got admitted to.

School is nice, but you really have to know why you'e going. It might not be for everyone.

Sakura
03-22-2003, 05:13 AM
School is a necessary evil... -_-